Walk On The Wild Side [Not Ed...

By itsjustmejessica14

Read at your own RISK! [Originally called Crush On The Bad Boy] Socially awkward Victoria Pennington is a com... More

P R O L O G U E [ S N E A K P E A K + T R A I L E R + C A S T ]
Prologue
1. "You can never get rid of me"
2. "What are you really hiding Tori?"
3. "Tori, just get in the damn car!"
4. "Why a gay stripper bar?"
5. "I'll give it back to you if you give me some answers."
6. "Just leave me alone, Carter"
8. "Who knew the bad boy is a softie"
9. "She's back"
10. "I'm here if you need me"
11. "He doesn't do love he bangs different girls, every day"
12. "All things go back to Daniel"
13. "did he just call me Kitten?"
14. "Aww Kitten, you worry about me."
15. "I'm here for you Tori, I'll be by your side."
16. "Do it now Carter!"
17. "I'm getting too attached to you, Kitten."
18. "You are so stupid Tori."
I have a Snapchat account?
19. "Do you have feelings for him?"
20. "What secret?"
21. "Did you just smell me?"
22. "I'm sure you'll figure it out Kitten, your smarty brain will help you out."
23. "I'm giving you an offer."
24. "surveillance camera"
25. "Only Two Weeks Left"

7. "I dare you to kiss me."

10.9K 356 66
By itsjustmejessica14

Chapter seven – Now you know                      

I was getting ready for this dinner I didn’t even want go in the first place. But I’m only doing this for my dad and Maggie, but mostly my dad.

I slipped on my white lace dress which was nothing too fancy I guess, I wanted to be simple but at the same time I wanted people to recognize that I actually tried.

I heard the door bell ring. The Cale’s were here, meaning Carter. I sighed as I put on my necklace and quickly slipped on my two inches of heel. Wow I feel even more taller, probably about 5’11. I was already tall, when I was young I used to have dreams where I was scared that I grew too much that I might scare people but now those days are over and long gone.

I grab my phone of my night stand and head out of my bedroom, closing the door on the way out.

I walk downstairs as I feel a pair of dark brown eyes staring right at me, but I choose to ignore it. I saw Francesca smiling when she saw me coming. I made it at the end of the stairs and by surprise I was immediately pulled into a hug by Francesca. I let out a nervous chuckle as I hear someone next to us snort.

Francesca pulls away from me. “Don’t you look so beautiful, I’m glad your dad and Maggie invited us for dinner, right Robert?” Francesca asked turning to Mr Cale.

I could still feel a pair of brown eyes staring at me. So I looked at him and he wasn’t looking bad actually, I wonder why he’s even bothering showing up here, I thought he found this dinner stupid?

I found him looking up and down at me, as I felt a blush crawling up my cheeks, I hate this whenever it happens. I looked away from Carter as I heard sort chuckles coming from his way.

“Right of course. It’s been a while , it’s great were all seeing each other again.” I knew Mr Cale was going to bring up about my mom, he quickly glanced my way and slightly frowned. But I was glad he didn’t say anything about it, because Carter doesn’t know and I’m pretty sure he’ll ask me later.

“What is everyone doing standing here? Please come in the dinning room.”  Maggie said to everyone as Francesca came to her side and Mr Cale and my dad together, leaving me and Carter alone. Together.

I sighed and crossed my arms. “So what are you doing here if you find this dinner stupid?” Carter stared at me as if I said something wrong.

He crossed his arms and smirked, “My parents forced me into coming, why? What’s your problem?” he asked coldly at the end.

I rolled my eyes at his sudden cold behaviour as I turned around and followed everyone in the dining room.

***

As everyone was sat down eating there dinner, I feel Carter burning holes inside my head.  Looked up through my lashes as he took a sip out his white wine, still looking at me.

Carter dropped his glass of wine on the table and looked at me. “So Tori, I wanted to ask you this earlier but you seemed busy.” What’s is this guy up to? “Where’s your mom, I haven’t seen her for quite a while.” I saw Carter’s dad glaring at him and Francesca gave me a weak smile and then I knew she knows what happened to my mom.

“Carter, be quiet and eat your dinner.” Mr Cale ordered him but as usual Carter didn’t listen.

“So what, it’s just a simple question.” He replied back coldly.

Dad spoke up this time and looked at Mr Cale. “It’s fine Robert, he doesn’t know yet.” That made Carter even more curious as he asked what happened.

My mom  wasn’t here with me anymore. It’s been 3 and half years since she died, me and my had  to go through a lot of pain watching her funeral I was the worst especially when I had a speech to say But I broke down and Serena took over for me as I cried on Charlie’s shoulder. Each year of my birthday I would receive a letter from my mom wrote before he died, I wouldn’t care about any other presents but my mom’s letters to me.

Without even realising a tear rolled down my cheek. Carter seemed to notice, fine if he wanted to know so badly then fine I’ll tell him.

“Carter, you really want to know what happened to my mom? Why’s she’s never around?” he didn’t answer as regret flashed in his eyes, more tears escaped from my eyes as I stood up all eyes one me. “She’s dead Carter! She’s fucking dead!” I yell, as more tears came out. Carter seemed shocked and looked like regretted asking me that question. But more importantly I turned to face dad, who seemed heartbroken just like me but 5 times worse.

I looked at Carter, as tears roll down my cheeks. “Now you know.” I say quietly but only him could hear.

The whole table was quiet as everyone frowned and couldn’t turn to look at me. I ran away from the dining room and went upstairs in my room.

I shut the door behind me.

I opened the box that contained the letters my mom gave me for my birthday. I sat down on the floor crying, the tears dropped and landed on the letter.

I took out a picture of me and my mom when I was 10 years old. We were at the beach as dad took the photo and I remember we took the picture 5 times because I kept on blinking because of the sun shining on my face. Until we got the perfect one which was the picture I was holding.

I wiped the tears away when I heard someone knock on the door. I sighed and got up from the floor, taking all the stuff away and hiding it under my bed.

I opened my bedroom door revealing Carter leaning against the door frame. He looked up when he saw me. The truth is, I’m not mad at Carter, just upset that he kept on asking me that question over and over again.

“What do you want?” I asked.

He gives me a guilty look as he rubs the back of his neck. “I just wanted to see if you were okay?” I look away from him.

“I’m fine.” I say, I earn myself a glare.

“Your not fine Tori.” I look up at Carter as tears start filling my eyes.

And without even knowing what I was doing, I hugged him and start letting out my tears. By surprise I felt big hands wrap around my waist, my breathing hitches and the smell of his cologne was heavenly no words can explain at how much I liked his touch.

Carter stayed with me as I talked about my mom with him. He seemed really interested as he read the letters that my mom had wrote for my birthday.  The most shocking thin that happened was, Carter apologizing and he’s never apologized before.

“I think I should go now.” I slightly frowned as I saw Carter get up from the couch. “I’m a little busy, so I have to go somewhere,” he said checking his phone. I got up and patted down my dress. Carter was obviously going to see Sasha, I just had a feeling he was going to see her.

“Where are you going?” I asked casually. I tried not feeling upset that Carter showed up in my room being sorry, and we both were talking about my mom and now he decided to leave. To get laid.

He clears his throat and looks away from me. “I’m going to see Val.”  Yeah definitely lying.

I frown, it hurt that he lied to me.

“Well see you whenever I see you.” I say forcing a smile. “Thanks for listening me talk for hours about my mom, I understand that you got a little bored, now go have fun oh and tell Val I said ‘hi’” he seemed to notice something was up.

Trust me it wasn’t boring listening to you talk. I’m glad I know everything now, I get that I wasn’t there for you when you needed a friend the most. Take care of yourself Tori.” He said giving me his exclusive smile, I blushed as I heard him chuckling on his way out.

***

“Wow! So the dinner was pretty intense.” Serena spoke as she listened to me on the way to the parking lot.

I sighed. “It was all my fault. Serena if I didn’t just blow up then it wouldn’t of been so awkward.” I said slumping my shoulders.

Serena stopped me from walking, as a big smile was placed on her lips. “Lighten up Tori, you said you apologized what is there left to do? Absolutely nothing.” I nodded, I guess it wasn’t that bad I mean I apologized to everyone for my sudden outburst.

“I’m a little surprised Carter would have a soft side inside him. Speaking of the devil, there he is.” I turned around to see what Serena was looking at.

Carter was leaning against his bike with a blond girl clinging on to his waist, he smirked as he whispered something in her ear, making her blush.

I couldn’t help but want to know what he whispered in her ear.

Gosh! He’s always on to a different girl.

“Is there something wrong?” Serena asked.

I shook my head trying to walk a little faster. So that Carter wouldn’t see me. Serena surprisingly caught up with my pace, as I tried finding the my car in the parking lot.

And then I found it.

Next to Carter’s bike.

“You have to be kidding me.” I groaned.

Serena seemed to get the message. “Don’t worry, I’ll be right by your side.” I nod as we walk up to my car. As I can feel Carter staring at me but I dare didn’t look up to face him, so I ignored him like he wasn’t there.

As I unlocked my car, Serena already got inside the car as I was about to but I heard the blond girl which surprisingly was Sasha was speaking to Carter but said it louder so I can hear. “Remember last night, your such an animal in bed Carter.” She purred as she started kissing his jawline.

I knew he hadn’t gone to see Val, I finally meet eyes with Carter as I gave him a disgusted look and get inside my car slamming the door shut and started the engine.

As I reverse my way out.

“You want to tell me why Carter keeps on staring at you?” Serena asked all of a sudden.

I shrugged, “how should I know?” I couldn’t hold it in, I had to someone. “He lied to me.” Serena looked at me confusion written on her face. “Yesterday he said he had to leave because he was hanging out with Val, but he didn’t he went out with that blond bimbo instead.” I looked at Serena quickly checking if she was listening but instead she grinned. “What?” I ask.

“Look Tori, are you aren’t you know? Jealous?”

“What?! How could you think of that. I’m not jealous, he’s annoyingly perfect and only goes for girls that had there legs open.” Serena snickered. “And I was only upset because I was talking about my mom and he seemed interested at the time until something came up on his phone. It just made it seem that everything I said didn’t even mean anything.” I sighed as I put my hand on my forehead and with my other hand holding the steering wheel.

“I’m sure that bimbo was just lying just to get your attention. I saw the way she was looking at Carter, so I’m guessing she’s just trying to annoy you, I mean Carter was staring at you and not taking his eyes off I’m guessing she’s jealous. I saw her glaring at you and I didn’t know what she said but you came inside the car after that.”

I shook my head. “No Serena. I’m overreacting, it doesn’t even matter.”

"Does going to a party help?” Serena asked smiling brightly at me.

I bit my lip thinking what to do?

***

“I knew you’d agree with me.” Serena said as she applied some mascara on her eyelashes.

“Yeah your lucky your not on my bad side. And what kind of dress is this?! It’s like a top.” Serena chuckled.

“Can you wear it for me? Trust me you’ll look sexy in that dress.” She said giving me a wink at the end.

I sighed. “Fine, but one time.” I said showing her my index finger.

I changed into a tight black dress, my hair was curled and I wasn’t wearing to much makeup which was good because I didn’t want to look like a caked face. And top everything up my brown wedges, so good that I painted my toe nails.

“Now let’s go before were late.” Serena said grabbing her purse and phone, while I did the same.

We both came out of my room, I shut the door behind me as Serena already started walking down the stairs. I quickly tried catching up to her, god how can run down the stairs with her high silhouettes.

I was so glad that no one was in the house, dad and Maggie both went on a dinner date leaving me and Serena alone at the house.

I didn’t have anything better to do so I decided to go to a party with Serena.

We got inside Serena’s car, as she started the engine.

After 15 minutes, we finally showed up at the party. The music blasting so loud, people on the dance floor grinding each other which made me want to puke and a group of people taking shots.

“Serena, you promise me your not going to drink too much?” Serena rolled her eyes and nodded.

She’s obviously going to drink.

“Just one drink only.” I said, since she’s going to be the one driving back us home.

“Make it two drinks.” I glared at Serena as she was giving me her puppy dog eyes, I sighed and nodded.

“Fine.” Serena started moving away. “Serena! Where are you going?! You are not leaving me here by myself! Do you hear me?!” she was too busy dancing with a couple of guys on the dance floor.

I angrily walked over to the bar and ordered a vodka shot.

When the vodka was in front of me, I wasted no time and gulped all of it down my throat as I felt the burning sensation.

“What’s a beautiful girl like you doing here alone?” I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned around and saw a shocked and surprised Carter holding a drink in his hand.

“Tori?” he asked bewildered.

Oh yeah that’s right, he hasn’t seen me wearing these kind of dress, I blushed when I saw him looking at me up and down as he licked his lips.

“What are you doing here?” he asked as I stood up from the stool.

“I’m here to party.” I said as I took a sip from a drink that I got earlier.

He smirked. “Didn’t think you were into partying especially drinking.”

I smirked as I walked up to him and whispered in his ear. “There’s a lot things you don’t know about me Carter.” I pulled away, looking at Carter as I giggled at his expression.

“So what are you still doing here? Don’t’ you have a girl to bang?” I ask smirking as I saw his figure wince.

“I figured I stay here with you.”

“Why?” I ask furrowing my eyebrows.

Completely ignoring my question. “Let’s play truth or dare.”

“Wha-..”

“You started first.”

“Okay, I guess I pick dare.”

I saw him smirking, great now I know he’s up to something.

I pick Truth!

Truth!

Truth!

He took one last sip and set his glass on the counter doing the same thing with mine. He grabbed my waist, my breathing hitched at how close we were. Our bodies were touching each other’s as I felt his hand going down my back as he stopped above my butt.

Where the hell is this going?

We both locked eyes with each other as he broke the silence.

“I dare you to kiss me.”

What?!

My eyes widen as I saw him leaning in.

Holy shit!

---END OF CHAPTER SEVEN---

Hey Lovelies! How did you guys find this chapter? Was it okay?

Big question is… do you guys hate me for leaving it in a CLIFFHANGER? I had to leave it like this, I mean it get’s you guys thinking of what will happen in the next chapter.

So do you guys really think Carter left Tori to go hang out with Val or did he go sleep with the blond girl? Comment down below on what your think!

DEDICATION: Comment down below on what your favourite part in this chapter was, it could be your funny part or whatever you liked about it and why?

PROBLEM: Do you think Carter and Tori will share a kiss? I mean anything could happen right? I promised myself I wouldn’t let you guys know what will happen… So comment down below, let me know your ideas!

Let me know your ideas! Be creative! I want to know what you guys think will happen next chapter! It doesn’t matter if your wrong, I don’t care I just want to know your guys thoughts, it’s so fun to read your comments and I’m very happy to answer your questions!

I’m soon going to do a Q&A and either make a video or just type it up not sure, but ask me questions I don’t mind, it could be about my stories and how I started writing to my personal life, but not to personal *wink*

Anyway, I was hoping this chapter will get up to 20+ if so then I will update quicker than I usually do if I get more than 20 votes I’ll update twice in a week! I promise you guys I will! *Pinkie swear!*

Remember to Read/Vote/Comment

Stay beautiful, Jessica

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.3K 1.4K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
15.2M 303K 77
| Highest ranking : #3 in Teen Fiction | | Highest ranking : #20 in Romance | | Highest ranking : #1 in Teen Romance | (Undeniably in love with the b...
7.9K 285 34
Highest rank: #208 high school sweethearts Meet Avery White. Her parents are loaded, and she has the perfect life. She doesn't know it but she's beyo...
1.5M 53.1K 112
I anticipated every breath, and every word. Each day, you could only take an uneducated guess at what he would say. What he would do. My heart tremor...