Alive | Connor x Reader | Det...

By 1_Julia_1

*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 4

13.8K 495 1K
By 1_Julia_1

(Y/N P.O.V)
Beep, beep, beep, beep

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and rolled over, starting to fall asleep again.

"Good morning, (y/n)"

My head whipped over to look at Connor who was standing beside my bed. He was looking down at me with a slight head tilt.

I looked at him for a few seconds, before shoving my face back into my pillows and pulling my blanket higher up.

"I'm not getting up"

"You're needed at the station. The interrogation is taking place today"

I didn't say anything, hoping he would just go away. Sadly, it didn't work.

"Detective (y/n), if you don't get up I'll need to physically remove you from the bed"

After a few minutes of silence, the blanket was thrown off of me, and I felt hands under my armpits. Suddenly, I was lifted out of bed.

"Connor! Put me down!" He set me down and I shivered when my feet made contact with the cold floor.

"Good morning, (y/n)" he repeated as I glared at him.

"Get out. I need to change" I pointed to the door and he nodded.

Once he shut the door, I let out a sigh. I slowly walked over to my closet and picked out an outfit.

I did my usual morning routine, noticing my armpits were now sore from where Connor had lifted me. That android has a death grip.

I opened my bedroom door once I was finished getting ready, Connor was standing outside patiently waiting. It looked like he hasn't moved since I kicked him out of my room.

I walked to the front door and slipped some shoes on, noticing Connor was giving me a look.

"What?"

"Aren't you going to eat breakfast?" He sounded genuinely concerned.

"Nah, I usually don't. I never have time anyway"

"It would benefit you, it might even make you less irritable and less tired" my eyes widened.

"Jesus, you're mean in the morning" he tilted his head again.

"How so?"

"Never mind, let's go"

Locking the door behind us, I hopped into my car. Connor got into the passenger seat and watched as I started the car. Like Hank, I had an older car. I preferred to drive my own car rather than it drive itself.

"It's way too early to be interrogating someone. They should've waited until the afternoon"

Connor didn't say anything, instead, he looked out of the window. The sun shined in, making his brown eyes sparkle.

It wasn't a very long drive, we probably could've walked if we weren't running late.

We went straight to the interrogation room, Hank was already in there trying to talk to the deviant.

"Hey, (y/n)" Gavin greeted as we stepped into the room. I noticed he glared at Connor.

Gavin has been my friend since I started working at the DPD, he's usually nice to me but he will never stop being an asshole. He wore his usual outfit, a jacket, hoodie and jeans, his brown hair looked slightly messed up, and his blue eyes were tired.

"Hey" I smiled at him.

"Hello Detective Reed" Connor greeted. Gavin rolled his eyes and ignored him.

The room fell silent as we watched Hank question the deviant, who wouldn't even mutter a word.

"Say something, goddammit!" He slammed his hands into the table and we all flinched.

"Fuck it, I'm outta here"

He entered the room, obviously pissed off.

"We're wastin' our time interrogating a machine, we're getting nothin' out of it!"

"'Could always try roughing it up a little. After all, it's not human" Gavin, who was now leaning against the wall, smirking at his idea.

"I don't think that would work, it seems scared enough as is" I gestured to the visibly shaking android.

Connor looked over at Gavin with a stern expression.

"Androids don't feel pain. You would only damage it, and that wouldn't make it talk" he looked back out to the deviant who was sitting alone.

"Deviants have a tendency to self-destruct when they're in stressful situations"

"Okay, smartass" Gavin pushed himself off the wall and walked over to Connor.

"What should we do then?" He glared at Connor.

"Gavin, back off" I pushed him away.

He raised his hand a bit but dropped it back to his side. He returned to leaning against the wall.

"I could try questioning it" Connor proposed the idea, and Gavin burst out laughing.

"I think that's a great idea!" I smiled at Connor.

"What do we have to lose?" Hank shrugged and gestured for Connor to go ahead.

We watched as Connor looked through the file that was placed on the table, he then sat down.

He seemed to stare at the deviant for a few minutes, he never seemed to blink.

"What the hell is he doin'?" Hank mumbled.

"Probably scanning it"

I watched his focused, stern eyes look at the deviant. The deviant stared down at the table, never once looking up.

Connor seemed to snap back to earth, as he started blinking again. He opened the file folder and showed the deviant the pictures.

"You recognize him? It's Carlos Ortiz. Stabbed, 28 times" he kept a calm voice as he spoke.

"That," he pointed a to a picture, "was written on the wall in his blood"

He closed the file folder and pushed it away, he looked at the android again before speaking.

"I detect an instability in your program. It can trigger an unpleasant feeling, like fear in humans."

He tilted his head slightly to look at the deviant, blinking and staying silent.

"You're accused of murder. You know you're not allowed to endanger human life under any circumstances. Do you have anything to say in your defence?"

The silence remained, and I could tell everyone was starting to get irritated with the deviant. Connor managed to stay calm, but his voice was slowly getting more demanding.

"If you won't talk, I'm going to have to probe your memory."

"NO!" We all jumped at the android's voice.

"Finally.." I muttered under my breath.

"No, please don't do that!.." His voice sounded the same as up in the attic, It was full of fear.

"What... what are they gonna do to me?" He started shaking a tiny bit.

I watched as Connor squinted his eyes at him, observing the now speaking deviant.

"They're gonna destroy me, aren't they?" His words came out in a whisper.

"They're going to disassemble you to look for problems in your biocomponents." The android starts looking more and more nervous.

"They have no choice if they want to understand what happened." Connor kept his stare on the deviant.

"Why did you tell them you found me? Why couldn't you have left me there?"

"I was programmed to hunt deviants like you. I just accomplished my mission"

Hearing Connor say that made me feel a tiny bit upset. I don't know why I felt that pang of upset in my stomach, I knew he was a machine that was programmed, that wasn't new information.

"I don't wanna die" the deviant looked at Connor with pleading eyes.

Everyone seemed to be taken aback by what the deviant had said. It was shocking that an android could feel this much fear.

"Then talk to me," Connor said, returning to his calm voice, no longer stern.

"I...I can't.." his head dropped again as he stared at the table.

Connor slammed the file folder back in front of the deviant, making us all jump.

"28 stab wounds, you didn't want to leave him a chance, huh?" Our jaws dropped from hearing Connor talk like that, it was the complete opposite of his usual calm self.

"Did you feel anger? Hate?" He slowly stood up and looked down at the deviant, "he was bleeding, begging you for mercy, but you stabbed him, again and again, and again!" He jabbed at the androids shoulder as he spoke.

"Please" the deviant mumbled.

"I know you killed him. Why don't you say it?" He bent down and got right into his face.

"Please" he mumbled again, starting to shake. Connor slammed his fists into the table.

"Just say 'I killed him'! Is it that hard to say?!"

"Stop it! Please.. please leave me alone.." the deviants' voice was cracking and he was shaking uncontrollably.

"Alright, Alright. Everything is going to be okay." Connor was back to his calm voice.

"Connors sounding bipolar" Hank muttered as he watched.

"You're a machine, you were designed to obey, so obey!" Another fist slammed onto the table.

"I know your scared and lost. You're disturbed by what happened. Talk to me, and you'll feel better. Confess and I'll protect you. I promise I won't let anyone hurt you"

"He tortured me every day..." Connor gave him his full attention.

"I did whatever he told me, but there was always something wrong.." he stared at Connor with sad eyes.

"Then one day... he took a bat and started hitting me... For the first time, I felt scared..."

"Scared he might destroy me, scared I might die... So I... grabbed the knife and stabbed him in the stomach... I felt better, so I stabbed him again and again!... until he collapsed"

"There was blood everywhere" he was whispering at this point.

"The sculpture in the bathroom, you made it, right? What does it represent?" Connor questioned the android who was now looking down again.

"It's an offering. An offering so I'll be saved" he looked back up.

"An offering to whom?" Connor leaned forward a bit.

"To rA9... only rA9 can save us."

"rA9, it was written on the bathroom wall. What does it mean?"

"The day shall come when we will no longer be slaves. No more threats, no more humiliation... we will be the masters..."

"Who is rA9?"

The deviant didn't respond, instead of looking back down at his hands.

"Why did you write 'I AM ALIVE' on the wall?"

"He used to tell me I was nothing... that I was just a piece of plastic. I had to write it... to tell him he was wrong"

"When did you start feeling emotion?"

"Before he used to beat me and I never said anything... but one day I realized it wasn't fair! I felt anger... hatred... and then I knew what I had to do."

"Why did you hide in the attic instead of running away?"

"I didn't know what to do. For the first time, there was no one there to tell me... I was scared. So I hid.."

"I'm done" Connor stood up after a few moments of silence.

Connor unlocked the door, we all walked into the room. As officer Chris went to cuff him, the android flinched away.

Officer Chris was a nice guy, like most of the other officers. He doesn't really like to start trouble, but when he had to he would. He had shaved black hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Gavin yelled at it, "move it!"

"Gavin, can you shut up?" I couldn't deal with him today. He rolled his eyes. Officer Chris kept trying to make him move.

"You shouldn't touch it. It'll self-destruct if it feels threatened" Connor said while looking over at them.

"Stay outta this, got it? No fuckin' android is gonna tell me what to do"

"You don't understand. If it self-destructs, we won't get anything else out of it!"

"I told you to shut your fuckin' mouth!" Gavin was really starting to piss me off.

"I can't let you do that! Leave it alone, now!" Connor grabbed officer Chris's shoulder and pulled him away.

"I warned you, motherfucker!" Gavin aimed his gun at Connors' head.

"Gavin!" I grabbed his gun and ripped it from him. I smacked his head with it causing him to stumble backwards.

"That's enough!" Hank called him the other side of the room.

I threw the gun into the floor and glared at Gavin. I felt anger pulse through me as I looked at him.

"You better watch that gun, Mr. Reed"

Gavin scrambled to pick it up, pointing it at me this time. Connor was about to push me away from Gavin, but Hank pulled out his own gun and pointed it at Gavin.

"I said, "that's enough.""

Gavin stopped pointing it at me, muttering a few curse words. I could see Connor looking at me from the corner of my eye.

"You're not gonna get away with it this time" Gavin pointed at Hank, mumbled some more curses and stormed out of the room.

"Everything is all right," Connor crouched down beside the android, "it's over now. Nobody's gonna hurt you" he stood back up.

"Please, don't touch it. Let it follow you out of the room and it won't cause any trouble" Connor explain to officer Chris.

The android slowly stood up and walked towards the exit.

"The truth is inside" he whispered as he walked by Connor, but I happened to hear it too.

They slowly walked out of the room, leaving Connor, Hank and I. I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair, just realizing that I was shaking.

"Are you Alright?" Hank walked over and I nodded.

"Yeah, let's get outta here"

We all left the integration room in silence, none of us knowing what to say.

~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.5K 1.1K 25
"I cannot find a word in any language to describe how truly unique and beautiful you are." This Android. He dug up memories you didn't know existed...
1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...
424K 12.9K 16
(Y/N) is a detective for the Detroit Police Department. She had been partnered with Lt Hank Anderson for a few years now and she considers him as a f...
15K 447 25
Y/N has worked as a detective with the detroit police force for almost a year now. Although she hasn't worked there long, the 23 year old is respecte...