Mixtape | Poetry

By smiling_soul

My heart's a stereo, it beats for you. Listen to it closely. [ collection of poems, musings and more ] Cover... More

m i x t a p e
« track 1 »
« track 2 »
« track 3 »
« track 4 »
« track 5 »
« track 6 »
« track 7 »
« track 8 »
« track 9 »
« track 10 »
« track 11 »
« track 12 »
« track 13 »
« track 14 »
« track 15 »
« track 16 »
« track 17 »
« track 18 »
« track 19 »
« track 20 »
« track 22 »
« track 23 »
« track 24 »
« track 25 »
« track 26 »
« track 27 »
« track 28 »
« track 29 »
« track 30 »
« track 31 »
« track 32 »
« track 33 »

« track 21 »

115 19 14
By smiling_soul

Human bodies are 99.999996% empty space, Google tells me.
I smile and whisper that I already knew it. My body has always empty - empty of words, empty of emotions, empty of dreams. There was always a void that fills me up - blank spaces are all that I have for poems, empty talks to my mother and my friends, a breath that barely fills my lungs.
I couldn't find things to fill in the gap ever.

There'd be days when l feel like I barely hold anything in. I could float somewhere to the sky, dissolve in the blue of the sky and erase my traces, my origins, so that I could finally become what I was meant to be - a void.

But instead, I chose to be a poet. You ask me how I could write when all I've is nothing and I tell you that it's not the things, that you have, that make you a poet; it's the things, that you don't, that make you a poet.

So, I tell my body to not float away this time, to hold on a little longer to the ground for I'm writing my poems and I'm almost done. When I will, I will place them well in all my blank spaces and maybe someday, I'll realise that maybe I was not just 99.999996% empty space.

Author's note:
This is one of my favorite pieces. :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 1K 78
"But what's life without risks? what's love without twists?" Just a collection of thoughts swirling around my mind :) This book is, [#1 freeverse in...
417K 4.8K 17
In a steamy sexy world filled with drama and scandal sex should come easy especially if you're married. Right? No wrong. Things for these couples are...
4.8K 432 44
~you're so perfect From head to toe That I feel like a red flag When I'm in front of you~ A collection of poems about love, admiration and fondness.
2.3K 35 62
Would it make any difference? If we knew that it was the last time we would see each other again?