Stop Him (+18)

By KpalywondorlennaWuo

"You knew that Ryder belonged to Pristine yet you still went for him so obviously, I gotta admit that made me... More

A Deal With The Devil
Tension
Rewriting
Cast
Update

Him

14.9K 258 46
By KpalywondorlennaWuo

3 Years Earlier...

I waited on the corner of our neighborhood for the city bus to come and take me to work. Ever since my mom quit her pill addiction I was able to leave my usual factory and cleaning jobs that paid a lot giving me the ability to pay the rent along with take care of my little brother Kive, my mom, and I. Now I was able to take on jobs that most people my age worked, like the country club and serving. I mean yeah I obviously still needed the money but I wasn't in so much of a financial strain anymore and though it wasn't a huge step up, it felt good to not feel the weight of the world on your shoulders.

"Kimberly!" I looked behind me to see my neighbor Laurie running towards the bus stop, her shift was probably starting soon too. People like us had no choice but to work the afternoon or night shifts on the weekend where we'd get the most money and the possibility of overtime, unlike everyone else we didn't get to enjoy our weekends partying. Rather it was spent doing the closing shift at your job, it wasn't the best but it was our way of life and eventually, we'd made peace with it, if we hadn't already.

"Hey Laurie," I said happy to see her. Laurie was everything you imagined a natural redhead to be, she had long luscious red hair that could almost never be tamed unless she wrapped her hair tie 3 times. The pretty freckles on her face looked as if a paintbrush was flicked a couple of times making up the nude brown dots underneath her eyes. Of course, she was also pretty skinny, maybe if life didn't deal her a bad set of cards she could have gone into modeling of some sort because she was pretty and had the body for it. The style could use a little improvement but when you lived off of wages like ours you didn't have much left for the cute shirt you saw in the window of Forever21 or the newest Lululemon flare leggings.

After paying for all of the necessities like rent, groceries, household items, student loans, and in my case making sure Kive had presentable clothes for school the little money I had left I put 2/3rds of it in my savings and the rest I saved until my next paycheck or for any necessary things that popped up.  In this life, savings were crucial because you never know when your mom might take advantage of your linked bank accounts again and run off with her boyfriend to blow off your money or when the landlord would raise the rent on you...again, it was just always best to be prepared.

My life may sound depressing and at times....a lot of times it was. But I made the best out of it and found happiness in the little things like with family and friends.

"You closing tonight?" Laurie asked me as she dug around in the mini backpack that she took everywhere. "Actually who am I kidding, you're Kimberly Andraes you close every Sunday." She answered her own question. As we laughed.

"Yeah let's just skip the formalities," I add jokingly.

"Well you know we always have to have that awkward moment when we see each other at the bus stop every weekend." She scoffed as a joke. "Hm, and I wonder whose fault that is." I utter under my breath.

"Um yours!" She declares pretends to be insulted.

"Oh oh so you're not the one picking up a shift every weekend all of a sudden and never has time for me?" I remark.

"Oh so we don't work the same days now?" We both burst into laughter over the fake beef we created out of nowhere.

"Touche." Finally, the bus begins to pull up in front of us as its doors open. "Age before beauty." I gesture my arms letting her go ahead. "Say less." She says as she gets on. "Oh wow, you were supposed to offer it back!" I call her out walking on behind her. "Not after you basically called me a senior citizen when I'm only 3 months older." She snaps back as we sit in the middle. "Valid." I agree laughing.

_______________

I finish putting up all the chairs in the country club's ballroom as I wondered what I felt like eating tonight. Suddenly over the walkie, I hear my manager.

"Kimberly I need you to go outside and start collecting the rest of the gold balls off the east field." My manager Gina radioed over. I grab the walkie and press down on the transmission button. "Okay."

I grab the key card for the security doors along with the bag for the golf balls and head outside.

The night air was so crisp, especially on the golf course when none of the fuel from cars was polluting it.

It was a clear night, the moon lustrously sparkled almost lighting up the whole golf course. I felt like I was in a vivid painting that came to life. It was comforting to stand there for a second taking it all in.

(Imagine the moon is here)

Eventually, I returned to reality and began picking up the golf balls on the grass. Suddenly I heard the sound of a club hitting a ball. Was someone still on the course?

I followed the sound to one of the hills, sure enough, there was the silhouette of someone standing there golfing. It was definitely a man, I could tell because I could see he was slightly toned through his clothes.

"Um, sir? Excuse me, sir?" I said to the person as I approached them a bit closer. He aligned up with the ball getting ready to hit again. "The country club is closed now, if I could just uh, grab those balls from you."

He stopped and leaned on his club a little without turning around to me. "Do you ever wish that you were a golf ball being hit into the wind to pick your own hole to go into?"

I stayed quiet for a second trying to regain my composure, I wanted to laugh at how ridiculous that was.

"Hm," I could hear the pleasure in his voice. "It worked didn't it." He said. Weirdly enough it was supposed to be a question but he definitely meant it as a statement. From his confidence alone I could tell he was filthy rich without even seeing him. But that was just the norm for rich guys like him. They oozed confidence, they did whatever and said whatever because they know if their words, actions, and intelligence (or lack of it) couldn't get them far their money sure would.

"Did what work? That little pickup line because if so no, no it did not."

"Damn you Brody." He says under his voice.

"What?" I asked him confused.

"Forget it." Finally, he turns around which is when I realize that I was speaking to Ryder. Ryder Howlin.

The first thing I notice about him is his chiseled jawline, perfectly defined and sharp enough to cut through glass. His lips are slim and peachy. His eyes are a deep, rich brown, and they sparkle with an intensity that is hard to ignore. I can see why there are so many rumors about him, he was the closest to perfection any guy is ever going to get.

As we stare at each other, his face all of a sudden goes serious. I can feel my heart racing in my chest as I try to keep my cool.

"How about a game, pretty?" he says, his tone smooth. I can't help but shiver at the sound of it, and I'm suddenly acutely aware of how close he is to me. I can smell his cologne, a heady mix of musk and sandalwood, and it's making my head spin.

I try to keep my composure, but it's hard when he's looking at me like that. I can feel my cheeks flushing, and I know I must look like a complete mess. But he doesn't seem to mind - if anything, he seems to be enjoying my discomfort.

I take a deep breath and try to steady myself. "Um, I have to get back to work." I anxiously looked away.

"Do you think I'm flirting with you?" He asks me with a serious face as he steps towards me. "I-" I take a step back but feel a golf ball right behind me so I decided to stay still. "I should really start picking these up now." I tell him still avoiding his alluring gaze. It was almost as if if I looked into his eyes again I'd fall for him. 

I didn't realize how close we really were until I turned back towards him, I jerked back in surprise. "Do you?" He asks me again. "No?" I uttered.

"Hm, bummer." He says, finally backing up. "Anyway, what do you say to a couple strokes?"

"Excuse me?" I spoke confused as to what he was insinuating. "Like golfing? A couple strokes of golf?" He corrected shocked that I didn't understand what he meant considering I worked here.

"Ohh, I really can't right now I'm working," I tell him as I began picking up the balls around him.

"Okay." He says calmly. Suddenly I feel a golf ball hit me in my calf as I bend over to pick up the balls. "Ow!" I declare turning around to look at him. He stares back at me amused. "Can you stop!" I demand annoyed at the fact that the golf ball low-key kind of hurt. "I don't know can you play with me?" He asks me again copying my tone while smirking.

Revengeful, I pick up the golf ball and throw it back at him. He quickly ducks to the side dodging my inaccurate throw. His mouth opened wide in shock yet intrigued.

"You asked for it." He warns as he picks one up and throws it at me. Thankfully I duck just in time missing it. However I grab one near me and toss it back as I begin to run off to take cover. "Oh don't run now!" He says chasing after me. We laugh together as I run from him dodging his throws yet still throwing back.

"Ow!" He exclaims as one of the golf balls I threw finally hit him. I lean against the rough bark of a towering red oak tree, Ryder and I pause for a moment to catch our breath. Our laughter echoes through the quiet golf course, mingling with the rustling of leaves in the gentle breeze. I glance down and notice a small white golf ball nestled in the grass by my feet. I look back up at Ryder, surprised to see that he's still staring at me, his chest heaving with each ragged breath.

For a moment, I hesitate, unsure if I should risk making a move. But I know that if I'm going to do it, I have to act fast. I quickly bend down, my fingers closing around the smooth surface of the ball. But as I start to stand up, Ryder's hand shoots out grabbing my wrist, stopping me in my tracks.

"What are you doing?" he asks, his voice low and intense.

I meet his gaze, my heart racing with a sudden surge of nervous energy. "My job," I reply, trying to sound casual.

But the look in his eyes tells me that he knows exactly what I was up to. I realize that he's caught me in the act. For a moment, we stand there in silence both smiling, our eyes locked in a tense standoff of who would have the last throw.

As I struggle to free myself from his grip, I see a mischievous grin spreading across Ryder's face. His grip tightens around my wrist, and I can feel his strength overpowering me. I refuse to be powerless in his embrace, so I bring my other arm up to grab his, hoping to break free. But Ryder is too quick for me. Before I know it, he has darted his other arm to mine, grabbing me again.

I stumble back, and suddenly I find myself pinned up against a tree. Ryder is still staring at me, amused by my attempts to resist him. "Unhand me," I demand, breaking the eye contact again. "Hm... okay," he finally says, letting me go. I bend down to pick up the ball, relieved that I'm finally free, when suddenly I feel Ryder lunging at me.

Before I know it, his muscular arms are wrapped around my thighs, and he's lifting me up like I weigh nothing. I wrap my hands around his neck for stability as he spins me around, and I can't help but laugh in disbelief. "Ryder!" I shout, feeling a wave of excitement wash over me. I hadn't felt this way in a long time. The feeling of being caught off guard, the rush of adrenaline, and the joy of being able to let go and just enjoy the moment.

Finally, after a couple of dizzying turns, Ryder sets me down. I stumble back, feeling disoriented, and suddenly find myself falling. I grab onto him to save myself, but he ends up falling with me. We land on the freshly cut golf course grass, and for a moment, we just lie there, staring into each other's eyes for the hundredth time tonight. I wonder what it meant.

"I haven't had this much fun with somebody in a long time," he says to me. "Me too," I answer, my heart pounding in my chest. A thrill rippled through my body from being this close to Ryder.

Suddenly, the urge to break eye contact washes over me again, and I begin to turn my head away. But before I can, Ryder grabs my jaw gently, forcing me to look back up at him. "Look at me," he whispers.
His tea green eyes dart down to my lips and back up at mine, and I can feel my heart racing faster and faster. I hope he couldn't feel it.

Surprisingly, I stay there, not objecting to what's about to happen. I want to kiss him too. His eyes begin to flutter closed as he leans down towards me. I close my eyes, puckering my lips ever so slightly, waiting for our lips to collide. I can feel his minty breath on my face, as I tremble with anticipation.

"Kimberly!"

I jerk up surprised. Ryder hovers over me still.

"Kimberlyy!"

"Shit!" I gasp realizing that my manager was approaching us. "What?" Ryder asks confused as he begins to look up to see who it was. I quickly pull him down into the cove of my neck so she doesn't see us. I couldn't afford to let my manager catch not only me not picking up all of the golf balls, but me with a customer, and not just any customer. It was a Howlin. Ryder Howlin.

There was a strict rule in almost all of the country club against fraternizing with any of the customers. In the position we were in Ryder and I weren't even fraternizing we were full on about to kiss. This was basically considered sex in some countries, I could only imagine what my manager Gina would see it as.

If we were caught I'd be blacklisted from almost all of the country clubs in the area and many other good paying jobs near by. Let's just say the wealthy moms didn't want their sons with the help in any way shape or form. Taking all of that into consideration. I had to do something...and I had to do it now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 22.3K 15
MY Creditor Side Story ပါ။ Parallel Universe သဘောမျိုးပြန်ပြီး Creation လုပ်ထားတာမို့ main story နဲ့ မသက်ဆိုင်ပဲ အရင် character ကို ရသအသစ် တစ်မျိုးနဲ...
1.6M 90.5K 86
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.7M 131K 61
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
358K 23.7K 36
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...