Phoenix

By Alexandra--Books

The Mocking Jay dead. I'm Phoenix and I'm from district 12 and I'm going to die. I can't kill children, ever... More

1
2
3
5
6

4

6 0 0
By Alexandra--Books

The doors of the elevator open with a ping. We walk into the training centre, where the other tribes wait. We get I pep talk and told the rules.
Rules:
1: Don't harm one another before the games began.
There are no more rules.

We all walk over to different stations. I go over to the survival station, I knew most of the things that the instructor shows me. But he teachers me how to make a make a shelter in the ground by digging then lining it with the inside with a special tip of tarpaulin that keeps that reflects heat, and for the top cover  it with a log. That will come in handy. Then I go climbing, there a massive walls with nobs and holes so you can climb it. For this exercise we need to wear harness before we climb. Once I finish tightening my straps, I get climbing.

The machine pulls the rope in front of the harness so if I fall it will lower me slowly, but it's been about a minute and I'm almost at the top. I'm hanging up side down I just need to heave my body over this ledge and then it just points up, and there, there is the red button and the timer that started the second I left the ground. I reach my left arm and grab a rock that juts out at an awkward angle but as my hand touches it it feels right it will take my weight my right leg I lift up it dangles in mid are as I reach up with my right hand to find another rock I find it it's much higher than my left. My left leg is high up all most by my armpit, I push up and pull with my arms bring my body over the ledge. My legs dangle over the ledge now I must pull myself up to slope just with my arms. I'm so close, close to the button I pull myself forward and push the button. I wiggle backwards kinda sliding, over the ledge, and the machine lowers me down to the ground. I smile and stretch out my arms. My time 4 minutes and 23 seconds this is amazing! I must have broken a record, sure enough the instructor comes over and shakes my hands.
"Congratulations Ms Lopez you have set a new record for the arena!" He says in such a fake voice it hurts, but I smile. "Thank you" I say getting out of my harness.

For the rest of the day I learn how to hunt and stalk animals and people. I also though knifes, but I aim my knife for a place slightly off the bored, moving slightly more towards the middle every so often so I wasn't seen as an easy target. At lunch I eat in a corner without speaking to anyone. I notice a lot of the children I saw children but I mean the twelve year olds. I walk over to them all of them are sitting together. I smile at them.
"Hey can I sit here" I ask smiling gesturing to an empty seat.
"No!" They all say in unison. I smile and walk off back to my corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
328K 19K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
456K 16.3K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
426K 17.4K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...