The Same?

By Sweet_Sydney14

Abbey Night was just looking to be like everyone else, normal. But she knew she was far from that. One night... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven

Ten

3K 67 2
By Sweet_Sydney14

The jet tilted slightly to the left. Abbey clutched the straps that held her in her seat.

"You alright?" Alex asked.

Abbey nodded her head.

"Is there anything unusual?" Hank asked.

"No." A woman replied.

"Then they must be under water." Hank said, "we can't go down there and we don't have a sonar."

Sean looked up and smiled.

"Yes we do."

"Yes we do." Charles said as he took off his head set. So did Eric. The three of them went towards the bomb bay doors.

"Beast, Open the bomb bay doors!" Sean shouted.

Abbey looked at Sean.

"Be careful!" Abbey shouted over the roar of the wind.

Sean nodded his head and jumped.

"Alright," Charles started, "Sean found the sub."

The jet tilted to the side.

"Hank, could you level the bloody plane please!" Charles yelled.

Hank looked like he was focused. He leveled the plane and Eric went onto one of the landing wheels.

"What's he doing?" Abbey asked.

"He's getting Shaw." Hank replied.

A big metal sub came into view.

"Holy shit!" Abbey exclaimed.

The jet started to turn around only to be turned back.

Abbey looked out the front window and saw a familiar person on the top of the sub.

"Janos." Abbey whispered.

Janos spun quickly. The wind picked up. The jet started to spin slightly. Then, it began to spin fast. It was heading towards dry land.

"Hang on!" Hank shouted.

When the jet crashed, all was quiet.

❌ ❌ ❌

"Abbey!" Alex's voice echoed. "Abbey wake up!"

Abbey's eyes fluttered open.

"Come on," Alex helped Abbey up, "we gotta get to Shaw."

As everyone finally got out of the jet, they came across Janos and Azazel.

Alex let go of Abbey and released his energy. It missed Azazel.

Janos looked at Abbey and smiled.

Abbey could feel her body heat up. She made her hands into fists and released her power towards Janos. He hit the sub and then the ground. He was out.

Suddenly, Azazel appeared behind Alex. Hank quickly intercepted, but, Azazel grabbed Alex by the throat with his tail and teleported.

"Alex!" Abbey shouted.

A gust of wind knocked the girl off of her feet.

"I told you I'd be back." Janos said as he taunted Abbey with a small tornado dancing in his hands.

Abbey huffed in anger and crossed her arms into an "X". Red rings of energy appeared around her body. Abbey quickly stood up and threw them at Janos. He dodged them and released his tornado onto Abbey. She was sucked up and thrown into the sky.

"Sean!" Abbey screamed.

Sean flew towards a falling Abbey and caught her. He quickly put her on the ground and flew back towards Alex and Hank.

Janos threw another twister towards Abbey, but she dodged it this time. She took this chance to conjure up her energy and release it. It hit Janos and he went flying towards the sub again. Eric took a piece of metal off of the sub and pinned Janos down.

"Come on man," Abbey panted, "I was just getting warmed up."

Eric looked at Abbey and rolled his eyes. Then, he set off towards the sub.

"Abbey," Shaw's voice echoed in her head.

Abbey felt strange. She felt like she couldn't control herself.

Behind her, Abbey heard Sean and Alex. They had taken care of Angel.

"Abbey, come help your father."

Abbey felt her feet move her body forward.

"Abbey?" Alex called out. "What are you doing?"

Abbey stepped over wires and pipes. She stepped into a giant room that had mirrors on the walls.

"Look at my girl." Shaw smiled.

Abbey blinked. She looked around and her eyes soon landed on Shaw. She freaked out and threw her energy towards him. But Shaw easily absorbed it.

"After all these years," Shaw started, "this is the greeting I get from my own daughter?"

A few tears slid down Abbeys cheeks.

"You are not my father."

Shaw placed his hand on his heart.

"Oh Abbey, that hurt."

"Good." Abbey replied.

Shaw tilted his head and sighed.

"They've filled you with hate."

"They're my friends!" Abbey shot back. "They filled me with love and respect. They even gave me a home. Unlike you."

"Unlike me." Shaw chuckled. He slowly shook his head. "Well, Eric will be here soon, so I'll have to cut our conversation short." Shaw released the energy he had absorbed, onto Abbey. Abbey was hit hard. Her body went flying through a few metal walls and out into the open. She landed on the hot sand.

"Abbey!" Alex screamed.

Abbey could feel something warm on her face, arms, legs and chest. And it wasn't the sand.

Abbey slightly lifted her head and looked at her body. Her left arm was bent at an odd angle. Her suit had torn on her legs and arms. Cuts were there and they were bleeding. Abbey's side was the worst. It had a big gash on it. It was bleeding pretty badly.

"Abbey!" Alex slid down next to her and lifted Abbey up on his lap.

Abbey looked up at him with a worried look.

"Just stay awake." Alex said.

"I-I don't know what happened. It all happened so fast." Abbeys eyes fluttered.

"Hey, hey stay with me Abbey." Alex shifted her body.

Behind them, in the jet, Charles began to scream in pain. A few moments later Eric came floating out of the sub with Shaw's dead body.

The woman in the jet began to shoot at Eric. He blocked all of her shots. Then Charles screamed again. His hands went to his back as he fell onto the sand.

"Charles." Abbey breathed out. "What's happened to Charles?"

"I can't feel my legs." Charles said. "I can't feel my legs."

Eric began to choke the woman in anger.

"Eric, Eric stop!" Charles begged. "It wasn't her fault."

Eric stopped and looked at Charles.

"It wasn't her fault." Charles repeated.

Eric sighed and stood up. He walked towards the other mutants. Azazel, Janos, and Angel.

"Go." Charles looked at Raven. "It's what you want."

"I told you to stop reading my mind." Raven said.

"Raven, please-" Abbey looked at her friend with tears in her eyes.

Raven gave a sad smile.

"I'm sorry Abbey."

Abbey rolled her head to look back up at Alex.

Soon, Azazel had taken the five of them and disappeared.

"Hank!" Alex shouted. "I need help over here!"

Hank left Charles's side and ran over towards Alex.

Charles sat up and looked at the commotion.

"Oh Abbey." Charles said sadly.

"Hank." Abbey looked at the blue creature. "When-when did you get here?" Abbey had a hard time getting her words out.

"I need you to keep your eyes open." Hank said. "Sean, run into the jet and find the first aid kit."

Sean quickly ran into the jet. Seconds later, he came out with a large first aid kit.

Hank opened it and grabbed out a cloth and some disinfectant.

"This is going to hurt." Hank said.

"I'm already in pain, Hank." Abbey gave him a tired smile.

Hank placed the cloth onto Abbeys side and she hissed in pain.

"Son of a bitch that hurts." Abbey clenched her teeth in pain.

Hank grabbed out a few more items and began his work on Abbey.

Abbey looked up at Alex and gave him a tired smile.

"What?" Alex looked at Abbey in confusion.

"You know, if this was heaven, it wouldn't be so bad."

Alex laughed as a few tears slipped down his cheeks.

Abbey's eyes felt heavy. She struggled to keep them open.

"I'm almost done." Hank said.

Abbey's breathing began to slow. Her heart rate was dropping.

"Abbey," Alex slightly shook her, "keep your eyes open."

"I'm just gonna take a little nap." Abbeys eyes slowly began to close.

"Hank." Alex looked at him.

"Done!" He said. "We just need to get her back to the mansion or at least to a hospital."

Hanks voice began to fade away. As did the rest of the worlds sounds. Abbey's eyes were fully closed now. The only thing she saw was darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 1.6K 24
For Audrey Brooks it was all about revenge. Ending the man who ended your dreams and made your life hell. So when the opportunity presented itself in...
44.9K 1K 12
❝So, did it hurt when your ass fell out of the f'ing tree?❞ ❝No. I caught her.❞ ______________ Where Natalia Beaumont joins the X-Men and slowly ge...
6.9K 579 38
When a team of villains- led by Dr. Doom- twists reality in their favor, the Avengers and their friends are thrown into an alternate world that is de...
42.5K 1.7K 83
Usually, the first thing the love of your life says to you isn't "you're covered in blood". Then again, usually, you don't meet them when you're dyin...