Boys & Detentions

By Nami98

He smirks. "Fine." And with that said, he shoves the detention slip down his pants, never breaking eye contac... More

Chapter 1 [UNDER REVISION]
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11.5
Under Revision
Okay, what do YOU want?
Chapter 12
Rewritten B&D
Chapter 13 PT1 + NOTE

Chapter 11

22.8K 1.2K 412
By Nami98

Work sucked some serious ass. I thought that maybe if I were to go to work and get some money in pocket, my day would be a lot better, since no one I really know goes there. It's usually older people that attend this diner because of it's vintage look.

However, and please note the extra emphasis I put on that word, prices are discounted and love booths were just added in the back. Also, the diner's commercials and marketing have been really successful these past few days, and our milkshakes and wannabe Starbuck's bullshit are a big hit.

"Just what does this mean?" is something you are all probably thinking. Well, funny story. Usually, when all this stuff goes hand in hand, an increase in profit is guaranteed. In other words, PEOPLE THAT I FUCKING HATE WILL BE EVERYWHERE.

"You're gunna have to take that table, hun." I turn to the source of the voice and notice Lindsay smacking her gum as she stares at the table that is probably the bane of my existance at this point in time. She shifts her gaze to me. "You know you're gunna have to."

I scoff and look at her with annoyance. "I fucking know, woman." She stares at me without surprise. I frown without feeling guilty. "My bad. It's just been one seriously long ass day." She nods before strutting away as she smacks her gum at the volume of a nuclear missile. Goddamn, she's fucking annoying.

I turn my attention back to the table by the window, seated by people that I completely abhor in the strongest way possible. They were laughing with eachother, sharing their happiness, and the amount of disgust that fills me is unfathomable.

I don't want to talk to them. Please don't make me talk to them. Where the hell are the other workers? Why am I the only fucking waitress beside Lindsay working this damn shift? Are they all busy in the back boothes? Someone save me before blood is splattered on these walls.

"Hey! We've been trying to order for a while now!" a nasally high voice cuts through my violent thoughts, and my glare remains intact at the bitch who is calling me over.

I want to shout out, "Fuck you, whore. Since when did you eat burgers, you fucking broom stick?" But of course, I don't. Instead, I force myself to walk towards the table, keeping in mind that this place is called Daylight Diner, where happiness meets food, and not heart meets fork. 

I stop in front of their table and give them my biggest bullshit smile, taking in their analyzing looks as I grab for my notepad. "Welcome to Daylight Diner! I'll be your server today, my name is Nami. What can I get you guys to start with?" Even I wasn't convinved by my 'happy' tone of voice.

The muscley guy by the window shares a look with his friend sitting across from him before turning to me with a smirk. "I'm still making up my mind, so I'll let you know when they're all done."

My lip twitches a little bit, but my smile still stays strong. "Alright." I nod before smirking, "Ladies first." The funny thing was that I was still looking at him as I said that, and both guys must've noticed because the one that I wasn't talking to started snickering.

I turn to the prostitute sitting next to him. "What would you like to drink, miss?"

Her lipstick stained lips frown widely before answering me in her awfully high pitched voice. "Write this down, because I'm only going to say this once." Do you even want to know how fucking hard it was to not tell her off? However, in spite of my thoughts, I get ready to write her order. "I'll take an iced, half caff, ristretto—" my eyes widen at her obnoxious order and try to keep up with her words, "—venti, 4-pump, sugar free, with a dash of cinnamon and two tablespoons of ginger in my dolce soy skinny latte."

What the fuck did I just write down?

I look at her with squinted eyes that practically send out WTF signals as I ask sarcastically, "Uhm, anything else you want on your latte?"

Seriously. You want some coffee with all that shit you just ordered?

She looks me over with annoyance before answering me back just as snobbishly, "Do I look like a fat ass to you?"

I smile sweetly before answering, "You're as slim as a pencil." I turn to the other girl and fight the urge to vomit when I notice what she's wearing. For God sake's this is a public area! Children come here!

"And you, m'am?" I ask once again.

She narrows her eyes at me. "Do not call me m'am. Do I look old to you?"

It's called manners, bitch. And what's with all these questions being fired back at me?

I stare at her with scathing eyes. "My apologies. Your order?"

And then she blasts off like a fucking rocket ship, "Caramel Macchiato, Venti, Skim, Sugar- Free, Extra Shot, Extra-Hot, and Extra-Whip."

And Extra Stupid. Just who in the hell do these girls think we are? Does it look like we breed mutant cows that provide less fat in their dairy? 

I nod at the girl after I finish writing up her fucked up order before turning to the last girl, the worst of them all. Just like her minions, this bitch has the same hair, same eyes, same skin, same fucking height, same piercings, same provocative clothing, same annoying ass voice, and the same useless brain.

I refuse to talk to her now when I can talk to her later, so I totally skip her and look at the guy from before that told me to ask him again at the end. "What do you want?" I ask bluntly, totally not giving a shit anymore.

He looks at me questioningly before asking, "Uhm, you skipped—"

"Ladies first," I repeat once more, a menacing smile on my face. The guy frowns and grumbles quietly as his friend laughs uncontrollably. 

While scowling, he answers my question. "Give me a Dr. Pepper, please."

Finally. A normal functioning human being. With manners.

I write down his simple request and turn to the other guy that looks suspiciously high, sitting across from him. "And you?" I ask, also indirectly calling him a girl. Now its his turn to scowl while the guy from before laughs. Honestly, I don't see any men at this table.

"Coke, please."

Oh, you'd know all about that, wouldn't you?

Finally, after writing down their orders, I turn to the second to last person I wanted to see today. Aideline Simmers, probably the biggest bitch in the school. In fact, she's the bitch that trained Mandy to become such a two faced skank, being her senior and all. 

It took so much damn effort to not insult her when I turned to take her order next. "And what do you want?" The way I said 'you' didn't sound as nice as I hoped it would. And if she notices, I still haven't called her a lady, so I guess that's my little dosage of silent humor.

She smiles a little too sweetly, just like how I have. "Nice seeing you again, Nami."

"Your order," I persist bluntly, completely ignoring her.

She giggles lightly and responds, "I would like a venti extra hot skinny hazelnut macchiato—" I write down her ridiculous order while snorting, "—non fat, no whip, sugar free syrup, and upside down."

My eyes widen. Upside down?  She wants her drink upside down? What the fuck does that even mean? 

I speak out my conflicted thoughts. "Why the fuck do you need your coffee upside down?"

She smirks, as if she were expecting my reaction. "It's a macchiato, not coffee," she clarifies.

Wow. Was she always this stupid? Maybe she should get that other bitch's coffee.

"And I expect my order exactly how I stated." She narrows her eyes at me mischievously before continuing, "After all, isn't your slogan about customer's demands first?"

I grin at her, but it feels more like a grimace. "Of course it is! I'll be back with your drinks in a moment. During the time being, please look over your menus." And then I turn around and walk the fuck out of there.

I want to kill them. Slowly, painfully, preferably with a small weapon so it takes longer, all while recording it so I can watch it when I'm depressed to lift my mood. What the fuck is wrong with these girls? I've heard stories from Lindsay and the others, but really? 

Their meals better not be as obnoxious as this, or I swear to God I will piss in their food. Seriously, they only ordered their damn drinks and I already want to stab someone with my pen.

With a snarl, I walk towards the door that leads to the kitchen and clip my ripped paper at the beverage section. Kevin, the guy who's running this shift today, immediately comes and grabs the paper and looks it over. As I watch him, a confused and irritated expression forms onto his face. "What in the hell?" he murmurs to himself as he squints at the paper. He glances at me, "Please tell me I'm reading this wrong."

I give him the same annoyed look he's giving me. "You're not."

He huffs in annoyance and walks away to the table, mumbling to himself, "What the fuck is wrong with these people?"

 He gets me.

"Nami!" A voice calls me from the side, and I turn to see Mr. Melson walking towards me while pointing backwards. "Someone called on the phone for you just now. He said he's your 'daddy'." I resist the urge to face palm at my father's choice of words and nod gratefully to my manager. "Take your phone call quickly so you can get back to work!"

I listen to his words and rush towards the phone, making sure I don't bump into the aggravated kitchen people dealing with people's ridiculous orders. As I was walking away, I hear Kevin scream from behind me, "What the fuck does ristretto mean?"

I crack a smile before grabbing the phone hanging on the wall. "Hey, Daddy. What's wrong?"

"Hey baby," a masculine voice responds, one that definitely does not belong to my father.

I narrow my eyes and clench my jaw. "What the fuck? You're my daddy?"

"I thought we already established the fact that I'm your Sugar Daddy," He explains before chuckling into the phone.

"That never happened." I clench my free hand into a fist.

"Really? Huh....well anyway, how are you doing?"

"Why the hell are you calling me, Michaels?" I growl out, totally ignoring his question.

"What is up with this hostility?" he mocks. "Can't you be civil for once?" I don't say anything back, so he takes this as a sign to continue on. "Anyway, I have to tell you something really important, so I want to meet up today. Are you busy?"

"Yes," I answer without hesitation. "And if you show up here anyway, I will use your vertebrae as a coat rack."

"Really?" he asks, and even over the phone his mischief is obvious. "Then I'll see you in thirty minutes."

My eyes widen. "What? No! Michaels, you better not—" My pleas are interrupted by the sound of beeping. I grind my teeth before slamming the phone back into its holder. "Can today get any worse?!"

"Nami!" a voice calls from behind me.

"What!?" I scream loudly as I turn around to find the source.

The kitchen, which was full of continuous chatter and clanging of plates and pots, quieted down after my sudden scream. I huff in annoyance and ignore this awkward situation while walking towards Kevin, who is pointing to the tray of drinks with a smirk. "Orders up." 

I examine the drinks and snort at the description written and the actual portrayal of the drink. I turn to Kevin with a small smile. "How was it?"

He scoffs. "Fabulous. Please tell those customers off for me indirectly?"  I nod in amusement. "Also, I gave up on the 'upside down', thing. I have no idea what the fuck that means." He stares at me blankly. "And I've been a barista for twelve years."

I chuckle lightly as I pick up the tray and wink at him. "I got you, homie." He scoffs once again before walking off, shaking his head.

Turning around, I walk towards the door, carefully opening it and exiting out of the kitchen. I lock eyes once again on the table I'm serving and I notice Aideline talking excitedly on her phone. My happy face immediately drops, but I don't stop walking towards their table.

Remember, Nami. This is work. You can't get in trouble here. 

I take a deep breath and force yet another giant smile on my face when I finally reach my destination. I grab one beverage and pass it to the first whore that ordered from me. "Here's your soy latte."

She looks at me with suspicion. "Is this the iced, half caff, ristretto, venti, 4-pump, sugar free, with a dash of cinnamon and two tablespoons of ginger dolce soy skinny latte?"

I ignore her and grab the extra stupid beverage and pass it to the second girl. "Heres your Caramel Macchiato with all that extra sh-stuff you added." I don't make eye contact with her because I refuse to answer her extra dumb questions.

"Bro," I call out the guy sitting by the window. "Your Doctor Pepper." I slide the drink over to him and then turn to the other guy. "Your Coke." And then I turned to the carrier of every known sexually transmitted disease and hand her the coffee she ordered. "Your hazelnut macchiato."

I put the tray under my arm and take out a notepad and pen. "Have you decided on your order?"

The two minions ordered a side salad as their official dinner, the guys ordered the Daylight Steakburger Stack combo, and after ending her phone call, Aideline orders the same thing as every other time I've been around her. "Chicken salad sandwich, please." I write down all their orders before looking up at them.

"Anything else I can get you?" I ask like a robot, wanting to finish serving them as fast as possible so I can get the hell out of here before Michaels shows up. On the bright side, no one ordered anything outrageous, so I guess no piss in anyone's food tonight.

"Actually, yes!" Aideline speaks, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. "My date isn't here yet, but he'll be showing up soon, so I'll be ordering for him." I purse my lips together before clicking my pen. So that's who she was was talking to.

"Shoot." I look down at my paper, ready to write her boyfriend's order.

"Give him a pepsi and a Guacamole burger with a side of unsalted sweet potato fries drizzled with hot sauce." I freeze in the middle of writing as soon as I hear her state the side.

I was thinking that the drink and the burger was a normal thing. There are thousands of people out there who have ordered in this same possible combination, but what were the odds of getting the fries exactly like that?

I stare at her with my jaw hanging, and she stares back at me with an amused smirk on her face. Her eyes crinkle into crescents as she soon says, "He says he'll be here soon, so don't worry about the empty chair."

                                                                                        ~~~~

I burst into the kitchen, slam the orders at the designated area before desperately searching for Mr. Melson. The chefs that are close by give me odd looks but I ignore it and run around, asking my co-workers if they had seen the boss.

What felt like eternity was actually twenty minutes by the time I find Mr. Melson, who is instructing one of our newer chefs about something in his office. I had first checked there, but he wasn't in the room, but now all of a sudden, he's there. This is such terrible luck.

"Mr. Melson!" I capture his attention, and he turns to look at me, but raises a finger to indicate that he needs a second.

"One second, Nami!"

"Mr. Melson, please!" My desperate tone of voice seemed to have grabbed his attention. He shoots the chef an apologetic look, and the new guy walks out without arguing, leaving me and Mr. Melson alone.

"Nami, are you alright? What is going on?" he asks me, a worried crinkle in between his dark gray eyebrows.

I bite my lip. "Mr. Melson, I have an emergency, and I have to leave immediately! I have no time to explain, so I'm asking this as a family friend." He looks at me with confusion and worry. "Please let me leave this shift now! I swear that I'll explain my situation tomorrow!"

He frowns lightly. "Nami, you know you have a responsibility here!" I stare at him hopefully, and he sighs and waves me off. "Alright, fine. I'll get Kevin to fill in your shift. You're lucky he's on his lunch break." I nod repeatedly and thank him continuously. "But before you leave, can you at least serve the people their food?" He gestures outside the door. "Lawrence is calling your name and table number!"

I turn around and realize that indeed, Lawrence is calling me out. He groans in frustration at the amount of time it took to grab my attention before storming off to continue cooking.

I'm so frustrated! Aideline said soon! I don't know how long soon is! What if he's already out there? I bite my lip and nod to Mr. Melson anyway, indicating that it's not a problem before bolting out the office and towards the food, placing the tray on my shoulder.

I exit the kitchen and set my gaze on the table that I have an even greater loathing for, and sigh in relief when I notice it's still one person short. I take this opportunity to quickly walk there and place my orders on their table. I pass the kid's meal salads towards the skinny tooth pick girls before I start distributing the burgers. I place the fries next to the guacamole burger and the Pepsi next to that before I place the chicken salad sandwich in front of Aideline.

And then, without another word, I glance at Aideline's smirking expression before I advance towards the door, placing the tray down on an empty table on the way there. I quickly open the door, only to be pulled back without warning as I watch my chance of escape close.

I'm forcefully turned around only to bump into a hard chest and to see green eyes. "Why are you leaving? We have a date scheduled," Michaels says, scowling down at me.

I push him off and turn towards the door. "Let's talk about this later, Michaels. I have to go!"

As I walk away, I hear him call after me, "You're not even going to snap back at me even though I called this a date?"

I was almost at the door when he pulls me back around once more, even closer to the table, all while he's stuffing his face with sweet potato fries. "Hey, I'm talking talking to you!" I stare back at him with wide eyes as he continues to grab fries from the table. He winks at the girls at the table. "Hope you ladies don't mind." 

The guys scowl at the unwanted attention Michaels was giving their girlfriends, and the girls just giggle loudly. And Aideline— wow I just now realize that I haven't really been giving her a gender lately—  is just staring at us with a smirk.

 That is never a good thing.

"Michaels! Let go of me!" I tell him while forcefully trying to shove his hands off my arm. He shoots me a look.

"What's the rush, babe?

"Michaels!" I yell hopelessly. "I really have to go!"

He ignores me as he continues to shove fries down his throat. "These fries are so fucking gross, but I can't stop eating them."

Then, all of a sudden, a new voice enters the conversation from behind me. It's deep, familiar, and definitely unwanted. "Don't touch what's not yours." I freeze, not bothering to turn around to look at the source.

Michaels lazily turns to stare at the male behind me. He swallows the fries in his mouth before smirking widely. "Montoya! It's been a while, man."

A chuckle erupts from behind me. "Yeah," he agrees, "It's been a while."

I close my eyes, the anxiety filling me from head to toe. I suddenly feel nauseous, and I'm very aware that the reason for it is Vincent Montoya.

------------------------------

LOL. Sooooo this may confuse you because of the random time skip, but its the same day and itll all be explained. JUST STAY TUNED YO. I PROMISE ITLL MAKE SENSE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

AND SHOUTOUT TO THOSE STARBUCKS PEOPLE THAT HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THIS BULLSHIT.

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS! 

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29.1K 37
#209 Random 06/20/16 #931 Romance 06/24/16 #893 Romance 06/25/2016 #864 Romance 06/26/2016 #1 Awards 02/25/2019 #4 Nerds 02/25/2019 #19 Awards 09/25...
947K 29.7K 67
"Let's get one thing straight, Red, once a deal is made with me there is no backing out. there's no loophole, no back door, no side gate, nothin...
1.1K 152 39
Kaylee is your typical good-girl. But things take a turn when she bumps into a 'bad boy' at a party. ...
214K 5.5K 52
"You should go to the other room" he said She looked at him in shock its their first night. He was nervous and open his mouth to say something. After...