Curious and Infatuated // Con...

By rhythmicalsins

{ infatuated: to inspire or posses with a foolish or unreasoning passion, as of love } Detective Anna Jane ge... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30 - FINAL CHAPTER!

2

4.4K 112 120
By rhythmicalsins

Third person POV

Anna walks out of the house with Connor trailing behind her.

Anna snuggles into her leather jacket (the ones with fur on the inside), not only to stay warm but also to prevent her tie from flying everywhere and hitting her face.

Connor takes the time to scan her while she is standing still and he can see her face.

Adriana (Anna) Jane
Age: 27
Nationality: Australia/New Zealander
Rank: Detective/Upcoming lieutenant
Address: *insert address*
Height: 1.68 metres
Eye colour: blue
Hair colour: blonde

Anna is looking at Connor who seems to be blank staring Anna.

"Connor?" Anna asks snapping her fingers in front of his face.

"Sorry, I was analysing, uh- evidence," Connor says quickly making up a lie.

Anna nods and walks to Hank's car where he is getting in.

Connor stands still on the porch, just phasing in and out of existence.

"I knew I was one to zone out but come on Connor," Anna says with a small laugh.

Connor realises Anna's calling him and he hurries to the car.

Anna's POV

I catch Connor staring at me quite often. I don't know whether it's because he's analysing me, zoning out or just staring.

"Connor, you make reports to CyberLife right?" I ask as I turn around to face Connor in the backseat.

"Yes I do," Connor says.

"Okay, just wondering, that's all," I reply with a smile.

•••••••

I sit at my desk and sigh, resting my head on the table, the entire day of standing around a two week plus old dead body in a small house with a man who stinks of alcohol and a bunch of people I don't like doesn't do good for your sanity.

I hear soft footsteps approaching, if the precinct wasn't abandoned I wouldn't hear them at all.

"Anna, you are wanted in the interrogation chamber," Connor says softly.

"Okay I'll be there in a sec."

I grab my jacket and make my way over to the interrogation room and slip into the room behind glass.

"Ah what a wonderful sight to see, Miss Anna Jane," Gavin Reed says.

I ignore Gavin and watch as Hank tries to get the deviant to talk.

I'm leaning on my hands on the table in front of me as I watch the deviant intensely.

"Nice ass Jane-o," Gavin says.

I once again ignore his comment and hear shuffling from behind me, making an assumption it could be one of two people either Connor or Gavin I ignore it.

"Did you hear what I said slut?" Gavin says.

"Gavin shut up I'm trying to pay attention unlike some people," I retaliate with a death glare.

I quickly turn my attention back to Hank, watching Connor out of the corner of my eye thinking of a response to Gavin. Connor opens his mouth about to say something when I stop him.

"Save your energy Connor, Gavin doesn't deserve it," I say quickly.

Connor's mouth closes and he returns to watching the deviant. I hear Gavin swear at me, but I brush it off once again.

"Fuck it!" Hank says standing up and walking into the room we are all situated in.

I stand upright and lean backwards on the tables.

"No luck?" I ask.

"Nup, the fucking thing won't talk," Hank says sitting down angrily.

"Maybe if we beat it up it'll confess!" Gavin suggests.

"No!" Both Hank and I say at the same time.

"Why not?"

"It won't get you anywhere," I start.

"In fact it'll do the opposite effect, the Deviant will just get damaged and won't talk," Connor finishes.

I nod towards Connor while looking at Gavin.

"Fine what do you suggest then?!" Gavin shouts, obviously angered.

"I could try to talk to it," Connor says.

"Only thing we've got left I guess," I say shrugging my shoulders.

Connor nods and start to leave the room.

"Stay safe Connor," I say smiling and in return Connor just nods.

I tried.

"Now Miss Anna," Gavin says approaching me.

"What."

"Now that your little robotic protection is gone, I can say what I like to you," Gavin says bopping my nose.

"No you can't."

"Yes I can."

"I'll kick you in the balls if you fucking dare," I threaten as I listen to Connor trying a soft approach.

After several minutes of Connor's soft approach not working and Gavin's flirting going horribly wrong and pissing me off.

Both Connor and I slam our hands on the tables before us at the same time.

"SHUT UP GAVIN!" I shout.

"TALK GODDAMIT!" Connor shouts at the same time as me.

"You two really are two peas in a pod," Gavin comments.

"Get out of here you bastard," I say through gritted teeth as I point to the door, eyes still fixated on the scene in front of me with Connor and the Deviant.

Gavin doesn't move.

"I. SAID. OUT!" I shout louder than last time.

Connor and the Deviant look at the window meaning they heard me.

"Do as she says Gavin," Hank says and Gavin eventually walks out, angered he didn't get his way.

"You okay?" Hank asks me.

I nod and walk out of the room to go outside to breathe.

12:00 am

Shit it's late.

I place myself down onto the stairs that lead to the police precinct and sit there for roughly 10 minutes before my silence is disturbed.

"Are You okay?" I hear a familiar voice ask.

I freeze up not wanting to talk, even thought I know exactly who it is.

"Anna?" The voice asks again.

I look to my right and see Connor sitting next to me and I shake my head no.

Connor moves closer to me, so our shoulders are touching, as he tries to comfort me.

"What happened? I heard you shout before," Connor asks me.

"Gavin," is all I reply with.

My eyes start to water and I feel tears fall down into my lap, for the second time tonight.

"What did he do?" Connor asks, head tilted like a curious dog and his LED flashing yellow.

"Everything," I say softly.

I'm still looking at my lap, where my hands are now crossed.

"Could you be more specific?"

I sigh and look at Connor, my eyes blood shot red, from crying and tear stains down my face.

"He tried to flirt with me after you left and he kept going and going and going until I had enough and shouted at him. But he didn't leave right away, which was when you heard me yell," I explain quietly for fear of Gavin hearing.

Connor looks at me with a blank face as if to say to go on.

"It's been happening since I started here, it's nothing new unfortunately, I got it all the time back at school," I say.

"You shouldn't be used to that kind of language," Connor says softly.

I nod and look back down at my lap and rest my head on Connor's shoulder. Connor feels how cold I am and wraps an arm around my shoulders and pulls me into him further so he can keep me as warm as possible.

~~~~~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 805 12
Cover art by ABD-illustrates on DeviantArt!! ~ (yet-to-be edited chapters begin at chapter 7) ~ When a steely, narrow-minded, android hating girl nam...
144K 4.6K 23
Y/n Anderson is her name. Charming and overall a friendly personality, she's the embodiment of the phrase "doing great". Or at least that's what she...
13.2K 512 15
Connor x reader In a time where androids is a big part of your everyday life and CyperLife is ruling the industry, you try to work against them in yo...
256K 8.8K 23
*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a few years, being in the police force had...