Alive | Connor x Reader | Det...

By 1_Julia_1

*Follows the storyline of Detroit: Become Human* You've been working at Detroit City Police Department for a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 3

14.1K 487 698
By 1_Julia_1

(Y/N P.O.V)
I followed Connor to the end of the hallway, Hank got distracted when another detective started talking to him. This hallway wasn't as bad as the other rooms, there was less clutter, and it appeared to be untouched by the fight.

"The trail ends here" Connor announced while still looking down at the floor.

"Where could it have gone?" I questioned while looking around. This was a dead end, it's not like it can walk through walls or anything.

Connor didn't respond, instead, he crouched down to inspect something on the wall. I glanced around and noticed a curtain at the end of the hallway.

I walked over and pulled the curtain open, causing some brooms to fall out and almost whack my face. I stumbled backwards and let out a surprised yell.

"Jesus, stupid brooms" I kicked one as I crossed my arms.

"Are you okay?" I turned around the face Connor who was tilting his head at me, his eyes seemed to have a tiny hint of worry in them. I felt a very tiny blush make its way onto my face.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Just got attacked by some brooms"

Connor started walking back towards the kitchen, leaving me alone. I looked at the wall, noticing the imprint of a ladder. It seemed like a weird place to keep a ladder.

"Hey! What're you doing with that chair?" I looked up the hallway to see Connor carrying a chair towards me.

"I'm going to check something"

I moved aside as he placed the chair down. I looked up and realized there's an attic door above me.

"Huh, when did that get there?"

Connor glanced at me then stood up on the chair, easily pulling himself up into the attic. I climb up after him, definitely not as gracefully.

"Connor? A bit of help, please?" I was halfway into the attic, but it felt like my arms were about to give out.

Connor grabbed my hands and yanked me up within seconds. He made sure I wasn't near the attic door then let go of me.

"I need to start lifting weights or something" I mumbled as I rubbed my wrists, Connor had a tight grip on them.

"Yes, that would be beneficial" he glanced down at my wrists, "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, they're fine" I smiled and he nodded. It was cute when he was concerned about stuff.

I looked away from Connor and spotted a silhouette of a man behind a curtain. I pointed at it and Connor slowly crept up, sticking an arm out to make sure I stayed behind him.

He quickly pulled back the curtains, revealing a mannequin behind it. I let out a breath that I didn't realize I was holding in.

I took out my flashlight and went in front of Connor, slowly searching the attic. Just when it looked like nobody was up here, a person ran from one side of the attic to the other.

My eyes widened as I took a few steps back.

"I guess it really is up here..." I mumbled as we continued onwards.

I climbed over a board and pushed a chair out of the way, creeping towards some boxes.

Suddenly, the deviant dashed out in front of me, Connor grabbed my shoulders and pushed me behind him.

I was about to protest and tell him I could take care of myself, but the deviant started speaking, so I decided to keep quiet

"I was just defending myself..." he looked at us with wide eyes, stricken with fear, "he was gonna kill me"

"I'm begging you...don't tell them" tears started to roll down his face.

Seeing the fear in his eyes and panic in his voice made my heart hurt. He really was only defending himself, the man was going to kill him.

"Connor, (y/n), what the fuck is going on up there?" Hanks' voice was muffled from all the way over here.

"Maybe we should let him go" I whispered and Connor looked at me with wide eyes.

"He stabbed that man 28 times, and you're considering letting him go? He's a murderer, (y/n). Nothing more than that"

"I know-"

"It's here, Lieutenant!" Connor yelled and I flinched a bit from the loudness of his voice.

I sighed as the police officers came up to arrest him. Connor was right, he was a murderer, nothing more than that. I couldn't explain why I had felt bad for him, though.

I hopped out of the attic, almost falling onto my ass while jumping down. We all took one last look around the house to make sure we hadn't missed anything.

"Hey, did we check this bathroom?"

"No, It appears that we missed it"

I walked into the bathroom, nothing seemed out of place. It was actually the cleanest room in the whole house. I walked over to the shower and pulled back the curtain. 'rA9' was scratched into the walls of the shower, covering every space on the walls. I looked at every wall, the eyes tracing the words.

I crouched down and picked up a strange looking statue that was placed on the floor, inspecting it for a moment before putting it back down. It seemed out of place in the shower.

"What the hell is rA9?" Connor didn't say anything, instead, he just inspected the shower himself.

I walked out of the bathroom, figuring we had found all the evidence located in the house. I made sure to tell the other officers about the strange statue in the bathroom.

I yawned as I got into Hanks car, checking the time on my phone.

"Wow, 2 A.M already. Time sure flies by when you're having fun"

"Are you always this sarcastic?" Hank turned to look at me from the front seat.

"Yeah, I think so" I smiled and he rolled his eyes, he turned back to the front and started the car.

Hank started driving me home after I reminded him of my address. As I stared out the window, a question popped into my mind.

"Hey, Connor?" He turned his head a bit.

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" He seemed to think for a moment.

"No.. I don't think so. We haven't discussed where I'll be staying"

"It sure as hell ain't with me" I glared at the back of Hanks' head.

"You can stay with me, I have an extra room" Connor seemed to be unsure, but slowly nodded.

"Alright, thank you" He turned to face the front again.

Thankfully he didn't protest, I wasn't going to let him stay at the station or wait outside all night, and I knew I couldn't rely on Hank to take him in.

The car ride was quiet, and I almost fell asleep a few times. I yawned as we pulled up to my house.

"Thanks, Hank" I smiled as Connor and I stepped out of the vehicle, shutting the doors behind us.

He drove off as I unlocked the front door, stepping inside and flicking on some lights.

"Welcome to my house, please, make yourself comfortable" I smiled as I hung my jacket up.

Connor stood in the middle of the living room looking as awkward as ever.

"Would you like me to show you around?"

"Sure" I smiled and led him to the spare bedroom.

(Your bedroom^)

(Guest room/ Connors room ^)

(Feel free to change any of the rooms)

"This is your room, right across the hall is my room and the bathroom is the first door on the left" Connor seemed to be taking everything in, a very tiny smile on his lips.

"Your house is.. very nice"

I couldn't help but laugh as he inspected everything. He's like a curious puppy.

"Thanks," I smiled "well, I'm exhausted. Feel free to explore while I sleep"

I started going towards my bedroom, yawning loudly.

"Alright, goodnight, (y/n)"

"Night, Connor" I smiled as I closed my door.

I changed into some pyjamas, throwing my dirty clothes into a pile to clean up tomorrow. I sighed as I looked into my mirror.

I had bags under my eyes, and I looked paler than usual, maybe we overworked ourselves today.

I plunked myself onto my bed and set my alarm for 7:30 A.M. it wouldn't be very much sleep, but at least it's some.

~~~~~~
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 139 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
6.3K 258 19
This is a Detroit Become Human fanfiction. Welp. I told myself that I was going to wait with this. But alas, I wasn't able to contain myself. I playe...
68.6K 2.2K 20
This story is set during the events of Detroit: Become Human because I'm really bad at one shots. This is a Connor/reader. M/F. Censored swearing. Th...
13K 510 15
Connor x reader In a time where androids is a big part of your everyday life and CyperLife is ruling the industry, you try to work against them in yo...