Stranded| m.yg ✔

By BurkahRae12

"Of all the people in the world, I had to be stranded here with you?" "Why are you sleeping during a life or... More

I N T R O
ONE| Aboard
TWO| 24 Hours
THREE| Storm
FOUR| Breathe
SIX| Need
SEVEN| Clean
EIGHT| Shave
NINE| Emotions
TEN| Sinking
ELEVEN| Different
TWELVE| Fever
THIRTEEN| Home
FOURTEEN| Trip
FIFTEEN| Flirt
SIXTEEN| Bite
SEVENTEEN| Deal
EIGHTEEN| Relationship
NINETEEN| Moments
TWENTY| Dark
TWENTY-ONE| Steps
TWENTY-TWO| Rescue
TWENTY-THREE| Wrong
TWENTY-FOUR| Funding
TWENTY-FIVE| Elope
TWENTY-SIX| Cake
TWENTY-SEVEN| STRANDED
F I N A L T H O U G H T S

FIVE| Salvage

7.2K 470 363
By BurkahRae12

"Wait, you're going back out there?!" You asked in shock, watching as Yoongi pulled the raft back to the edge of the water.

"Get lost," He threw over his shoulder, not answering you and internally hoping you would quit following him. He wasn't used to so many questions, and you were getting on his nerves. Pushing off shore, he left you dumb founded on the beach and began using his hands to paddle out, but soon found that it wouldn't work at all so with a groan, returned to the beach and walked past you.

"Why would you want to go back out?" You asked again. Yoongi ignored you and walked up the beach until he reached the beginning of the jungle. He looked around and quickly found a large stick.

You snuck up behind him and watched him work as he stripped off a piece of bark to tie to the stick with vines. He was trying to make a paddle.

When he was satisfied with his work, he turned around only to jump a little upon seeing you so close to him.

He glared at you and shoved past.

"Where are you going Yoongi?!" You called out, running to follow him once again in the sand.

Finally having pestered him to the point of breaking, Yoongi groaned and whirled around to grab you by the shoulders. 

"Look!" He told you, turning your head with his hand so you would face the ocean, "See anything?"

You admittedly hadn't looked very close before so gasped when you saw something on the horizon.

"Is that..."

"Yeah. That's The Adonis. The remains anyway. If there's anything at all left over from the wreck, we're going to need it. I'm going to go out there and try to find supplies, so you just stay here." He instructed firmly, removing his fingers from your face.

"Oh!" You gasped, finally getting it, "So it's like Swiss Family Robinson?" 

Yoongi just stared at you blankly.

"Jeez, don't you read?" You chided, rolling your eyes at his unfamiliarity with such a classic piece of literature.

Yoongi was at the point where he REALLY wanted a break from you. Upon waking up with your lips on his to you following him and bickering, he was already exhausted from the social strain and found the empty ocean to look almost inviting. 

But he still wanted to tease you just a little before he left.

"Whatever. Have fun staying here... alone... with the snakes... and big spiders..."

Your eyes widened as you watched him begin pushing the raft out again.

"S-Snakes?!" You questioned, looking at the lush jungle in fear and back to him in horror.

"Mmm hmm," He hummed over his shoulder, "And spiders." He smirked to himself when he heard the fear in your voice. Yoongi jumped into the raft and began paddling towards the wreck with his makeshift paddle that actually worked alright. He almost got away.

"ACK!" He exclaimed as you collided into his back, jumping into the raft with him out of fear of being left behind. 

"Don't leave me alone!" You begged as you clutched onto him. His ears burned as he tried to push you off in order to receive his personal space back, but he couldn't get you to budge.

"Get off!" He hissed, but you refused. He really wondered what he had done to deserve being trapped on an island with a crazy person. The floor wobbled under his struggles to get you off of him as the raft drifted further out into the ocean.

With a sigh, he finally complied.

"Alright fine, you can come. But you better be useful," He warned. Hearing this, you lessened your grip on him and pulled away, smiling brightly.

"Thank you Yoongi!" You spoke smugly. He couldn't believe you had talked him into letting you go, but at this point saw no other option. Unknown to him, you had already figured out how he worked. If you annoyed him enough, he would always cave in. This was important information for the future.

It took awhile to get to the boat. Yoongi's arms ached from the rowing, but he didn't stop. Maybe the prospect of getting the supplies and going back to shore so he could go back to bed was enough to keep him going. You're constant chatter aided in this desire for this as well.

"You know, I don't even think I knew the boat was called 'the Adonis'." You spoke casually. 

"Well, now you do know." He snapped.

"It's a shame really. It was a nice little boat. Hey, isn't Adonis in Greek mythology?" You continued, ignoring his coldness. He didn't respond. "Yeah he is! The god of beauty and desire. Aphrodite loved him, but he died after getting gored by a giant boar. He died in her arms and his blood mixed with her tears to create the anemone flower. Isn't that romantic?"

Yoongi stopped rowing and turned to look at you coldly. You brightened, thinking he might respond to your story and say something to make the long raft ride more interesting.

"Aish you're annoying," Was all he said before going back to dipping the makeshift paddle into the salty water once more.

You huffed and crossed your arms, turning away from the sharp tongued man to just stare out on the horizon in your own thoughts.

That was about the time you realized... You were... stranded. Off course from fate. And that meant, although you may die in the future, for the time being you were very much alive and... unmarried. Although the situation would be enough to make anyone else weep, you found yourself smiling. 

It wasn't too much longer before the wrecked Adonis became clear and came into sight. 

As the raft sailed up to it, Yoongi used his paddle to latch onto one of the splintered pieces of wood from the wrecked deck.

"See anything?" He asked you, standing up to peer through the water infested remains of the Adonis.

You stood up next to him to look as well, desperate for any signs of your previous belongings. Yoongi quickly spotted something caught between some water and floor boards and latched onto it with the paddle. As luck would have it, it was his suitcase.

He beamed as he hauled it onto the raft and unzipped it to find his soggy clothes.

"Great," You huffed, looking down at his delighted state, "I have to wear your clothes?" Yoongi narrowed his eyes at you.

"Who said I was sharing?"

"Yah!" You protested, but Yoongi shushed you and began looking for more things. You knew all of your belongings had been below deck, and although you were sure the fire and waves had consumed most of them, after seeing Yoongi's suitcase survive you held a bit of hope.

Yoongi was ecstatic and couldn't believe his luck upon finding some extremely valuable resources of survival. The first aid kit was still hanging up in the captain's pit and he was able to find and gather tons of rope. His pocket knife was still in his pocket, so really Yoongi was then mostly looking for things to build a shelter with. Obviously he couldn't stand on the dangerous wreck, but for the most part so far he had been able to get the raft close enough to gather what he was after.

Pieces of the sail lay around and Yoongi collected them, knowing they would be great blankets. After lifting up one piece of sail, you clapped in happiness as one of your bags was laying below. Although you were loud and annoying, Yoongi still fetched it for you solely on the purpose that there could be things inside necessary for survival.

After looking around for at least an hour, on top of what you had already found Yoongi had hauled pieces of wood and you had found one more trunk of your items. After the two of you heaved it on board, It really began weighing down the not super sturdy raft, so Yoongi decided to go back to shore and told you that maybe he could come back again after the first night. Alone.

You sighed in sadness when you realized you had lost the necklace your father had given you.

"Now what's wrong?" Yoongi asked after beginning to paddle away.

"Well I lost my necklace," You admitted, feeling even more saddened as you voiced your sorrow.

"So? Do you know how many things I lost?"

"It was special to me though," You protested, laying down among the parts of the sail. 

Yoongi only rolled his eyes at your childishness and was about to go back to ignoring you, but froze when he saw something moving among the waves.

"(Y/N)." He spoke clearly, trying to not sound panicked.

"What?" You snapped, not wanting to talk to him after his lack of sympathy. You looked up and found your heart dropping, you letting loose a cry of fear and jumping over some planks of wood to barrel into Yoongi's arms as you saw the fin's in the water, surrounding the raft as if a movie.

You still didn't know why you tended to go to him when you were scared. You really had just met him. It must have been a sort of subconscious thing that had begun occurring when you found out he had saved your life.

"A-Are those," You stammered, clutching onto Yoongi's shirt, "Sharks?!"

Yoongi was very fed up with your screaming and clutching to him, but somehow subconsciously found his arm wrapping around you as the danger became surreal to him. You shook in his grasp and listened to his fast paced heart beat.

"Just don't move," He told you, not pushing you away like you thought he might. 

"Do you know anything about sharks?" You asked, looking up at him hopefully.

"No." He didn't look back, "You?"

"Nope."

"OK well..." He used his other hand to run his fingers through his hair and cursed under his breath, "We might be here for awhile so..."

"So?"

He seemed to snap back to reality then when he heard your wavering voice resonating next to his chest, your fingers gripping the hem of his slightly ripped shirt. Yoongi was unused to touch, especially from a girl, yet in the last 24 hours you seemed to be trying to pull him out of such familiar tendencies. You had already completely broken down all barriers of personal space.

"So let go."

Supposing he was probably right, while keeping an eye on the moving grey fins surrounding the raft you slowly unclentched your hand from Yoongi's shirt, leaving it quite wrinkled. You paused as you felt his arm still around you and looked up to shoot him a glare.

"You let go!"

"I was waiting for you to let go first!"

"That's so contradictory!"

"You're the one who jumped onto me first you crazy rich girl!" 

Yoongi used bickering to hide his fear and his red face, it admittedly becoming pretty distracting. You ended up getting so caught up in going at it with each other that you didn't even notice the danger departing. Maybe even the sharks didn't want to hear you screaming at each other and had decided to leave.

"Why do you have to get so mad at me about EVERYTHING!" You yelled, pointing a finger at his chest, "I was trying to befriend you after I figured out you saved me, but you act like you wish you had left me to die!"

Yoongi brushed your finger away with a glare.

"You act like we're buddies after you TACKLED and tried to STRANGLE me on my own boat! I don't even want to hear it!"

You had had enough of him and was about ready to fling yourself over the raft to get eaten by the sharks.

"I hate you so much," You hissed.

"Feelings mutual."

You let out a sound of anger and moved to sit as far away from him as possible, trying to forget how safe you secretly felt when he was around. You didn't need him. 

It was then that you noticed that the sharks weren't even there anymore, and Yoongi seemed to notice as well as he grumbled incoherent things under his breath and began rowing again.

It was a silent ride back to the beach due to the fact that the two of you didn't really want to say anything else to each other. You figured if you said anything, no matter what it was, Yoongi would turn it into another bitter argument so you kept your mouth shut.

When the raft finally made it make to shore, you hopped out while Yoongi pulled it safely onto the beach before immediately taking off towards the jungle again.

"Now where are you going?!" You asked, following him once again.

"Can a man not even pee in peace anymore?!" He called up to the sky, angrily directing his indirect comments towards you as he stomped away, you now stopping upon hearing where he was going and blushing angrily as you sat down on the beach. It was then that you made the decision that you no longer wanted to have anything to do with the man anymore and that you didn't need him at all to survive.

You would do just fine on your own.

And with that thought, you grabbed your things from the raft along with some of the pieces of sail and began dragging it to your own space on the island, as far away from Yoongi as possible. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

253K 10.1K 20
You are not thrilled at all to be spending your winter holiday on a remote island with your dad and his boss. Least of all with his grumpy son, Yoong...
34.6K 1.3K 28
How does it feel ? when your own family uses you for their fancy life style and all comfort but don't give a dang about you ?... Heartbroken ? Right...
13.9K 907 54
Min Yoongi a egoistic, rich CEO, for whom only name, status , background matters for judging a person. Jimin, a sweet and kind but turns into little...
3.3K 116 30
You both were not meant to be together. Why? Because you both belonged to the feuding families in the mafia's paradise. But still, they say, opposite...