Death Strings

By sophiaoub2002

Alice is not just a random normal girl , she's a fighter , she's SICK . She's been fighting death for a long... More

Death Strings
Chapter 1 :Hope
Chapter 2 : Someone new
Chapter 3 : Endless
Chapter 4 : I know him !
Chapter 5 : I'm a black cat !
Readers' choice !!
AUTHOR'S NOTE
come back !
Chapter 6 : Like a corpse in a coffin
Chapter 7 : Alice, Alice, little star .
Chapter 9 : Ugly mug .

Chapter 8 : Friends

22 1 0
By sophiaoub2002

It has been about 4 days , since Jake came to the hospital . We bonded a good friendship if we can call it that , in such a small lapse of time . We started meeting each other almost every day in our secret little spot .

It all started the second day , when I went to check on him , he was all alone in the room .I thought his sister would there , so now it really felt awkward that it was just me and him in this room . It was too late to go back , because I was already under his intimidating gaze . So I walked past the judgement door , to face my fate .

"Hey ." I said with a squeaky voice .

" Hi, missed me ?" he joked .

"No , I didn't . So , um . Who's it going ?"

" Dunno , I am so damn bored , this place is so dull ."

" Tell me about it , but ..." I refrained from talking .

" What ?" he asked .

"Haha , nothing "

" Just tell me , feel  free to talk while with me , it's not like you didn't do that before ! " he blurted carelessly .

" Um , there's a place here , it's like my private spot so ,.."

" Oh really why won't we go there , it can be kinda fun . " he announced.

" Sure let's go , follow me ."

                                                         §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

We went up the stairs until we reached the roof -yeah that's my spot - . Jake looked at me with a underestimating look . 

" You know , this place may seem dirty and lifeless to you, but for me it's just a place that makes me feel free , I would just look down from here , and everything seems so small , buildings , people going back and forth . It reminds me that even though I'm trapped here no one cares . Whatever happens to me to me , people just go on and on with their life , like I don't exist, like am nothing  . It's just exasperating sometimes ." I went to the edge and looked down and started talking .

" I must be bothering you with all this talking , I got drifted  " I justified .

" No , No , I felt exactly the same , people just don't value us . They make us feel , worthless and futile . But , this can't stop us , I figured this out . We should challenge those who belittle us , we have to be fighters , live for the better , live for ourselves despite their negative judgements  , so Alice let's fight . " He replied patting my shoulders .

These words , they were so deep and wise . I've never expected a person like him would be this thoughtful and aware . Then and again , first impressions can always be wrong .

" But what if I can't ? What if I really don't have enough power to ? What if I don't have time ?" I asked confused .

"That's what they want you to think , they want to make you desperate . Time is just an illusion , you can live for seconds but do the best thing in the world , and it is to be happy and make people happy " he declared .

The way he opened up , it made me feel alive and special . It was the first that I got aware that I did matter , that I was not a burden to anyone like I always thought I was .

" I guess you're right ." I stated .

" When I think you really doubted about it , Girl , I am always right "

" Here we go again " I said rolling my eyes at him .

We sat on the floor , both of us lost in our ow thoughts . I suddenly remembered Amalia , I was used to coming with her here , to talk to laugh and enjoy our time together . I feel really bad , because I lied to her . I made a huge mistake , and I am enduring the harsh consequences of my stubborness.

" What are you thinking about ? you've been frowning and biting your thumb for about 5 minutes now ." he questioned.

"Actually , it's about my bestfriend ." I informed him .

                                        !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flashback :

" What !?" Amalia screamed " Alice , tell me this is not true , she's lying isn't she ?  tell me ! "

"I , I , Amy , I can explain .. " I tried to convince her .

" I don't want any explanation , my question was clear , is it true or not ?" she repeated .

" Yes , it's true . "

She got up , gathered her belongings  and said with anger : " I'm leaving ! " and she disappeared.

Claire was looking horrified after this : " I'm so sorry , so terribly sorry Ally , I didn't mean for this to happen . "

" Don't feel guilty , it was all my fault , but does Jake or anyone know about this ?" I persuaded her .

" No , it's just me , I immediately came to you after hearing it . "

" Good , just don't tell anyone , that would be better . " I advised .

" Sure , whatever you want Ally " She added" I've got to go now , here's my phone number if you need anything, like anything " puting a card on my hand .

And, like always , I was left alone in this dark room regret invading every single part of brain .

                                              §§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§

" Alice , Earth's calling for Alice " Jake's voice sounded .

" Stop , I just snapped out for a minute ."

"Yeah , yeah , like usual , you were telling you did something bad to your friend " he reminded me .

"Yes , I hided a huge truth from her , and she found out later .  Now she probably hates me . She's never texted me or called me after that incident " I told him .

" She doesn't hate you , she wouldn't be that mad if she didn't care about you. She just needs some time to figure it all out ." he said trying to convince .

" Thank you , talking to you really helped getting my morals up . Wanna be friends ? " I offered , expanding mu hand towards him .

" Hmmm , yeah , that would be it for now " he said shaking my hand . "But hey , there are plenty of other methods that I can use to cheer you up  , you just need to ask " He added getting menacingly closer .

" Get off , gross pig . " I said pushing him off me .

And  the day went on like that ....

A/N:

For me , this chapter was the cutest so far . I hope you all liked it it .

Enjoooooy !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 89 31
Meet Emily, a beautiful 17 year old girl, diagnosed with cancer, and finding out the horrible truth that she has just 30 hours to live. Meet Emily's...
1.5M 57.8K 64
Some people merely adopt darkness, but she was born into it. Hiding every gloomy secret, covering all the lies, she walks through the life devoid of...
10.9K 139 47
Love is strange. It exists in many forms and is one of the key components that makes humans happy, but there isn't a lot of understanding surrounding...
15 0 9
Louisa lost herself in her own emotions, distancing herself from everyone and everything she once loved. Her ex had finally gotten to her, he did thi...