แด›สœแด‡ วซแดœแด‡แด‡ษดโšœ๐“”. ๐“œ๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ช๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ผ...

By MikaelsonBlood

โ–๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐œ๐ก๐š๐จ๐ฌ, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ฉ๐ž๐š๐œ๐ž. ๐†๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐ฒ๐š๐ฅ... More

ACT โ… 
AESTHETIC
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
โšœACT โ…กโšœ
โšœAESTHETICโšœ
โšœPrologueโšœ
โšœChapter 1โšœ
โšœChapter 2โšœ
โšœChapter 3โšœ
โšœChapter 4โšœ
โšœChapter 5โšœ
โšœChapter 6โšœ
โšœChapter 7โšœ
โšœChapter 8โšœ
โšœChapter 9โšœ
โšœChapter 10โšœ
โšœChapter 11โšœ
โšœChapter 12โšœ
โšœChapter 13โšœ
โšœChapter 14โšœ
โšœChapter 15โšœ
โšœChapter 16โšœ
โšœChapter 17โšœ
โšœChapter 18โšœ
โšœChapter 19โšœ
โšœChapter 20โšœ
โšœChapter 21โšœ
โšœChapter 22โšœ
โšœChapter 23โšœ
โšœChapter 24โšœ
โšœChapter 25โšœ
โšœChapter 26โšœ
โšœChapter 27โšœ
โšœChapter 28โšœ
โšœChapter 29โšœ
โšœChapter 30โšœ
โšœChapter 31โšœ
โšœChapter 32โšœ
โšœChapter 33โšœ
โšœChapter 34โšœ
โšœChapter 35โšœ
Hunt Me Down: A Bucky Fanfic

Chapter 7

44.5K 971 592
By MikaelsonBlood

Heart of Darkness

❇❇❇❇

Her love is her crown and her smile is her sword, she'll slaughter you down but you'll still think of it as the kiss of death.

❇❇❇❇

"You knew." Elena's voice rang through Isabelle's room as she came barging in, interrupting her time with her hot morning coffee.

"Knew what?" Isabelle asked looking at Elena lazily.

"You knew they weren't linked ever. You helped them." Elena accused making her roll her eyes.

"What did you want me to do Elena? Sit back and let their wretched mother link them so she could kill them? My best friend? And not to mention the fact that the whole vampire species would've just been dead." Isabelle said, rubbing circles on her temples. It seemed like every morning in the Gilbert house began with accusations these days and it was the last thing Isabelle needed right now.

"If we had known that they weren't linked, we wouldn't have–"

"Wouldn't have what Elena? Wouldn't have killed Finn? Then it would have been someone else. Spare me your​ indignation sister, you loathe the Mikaelsons and the minute you had your hands on the White Oak you would've killed them." Isabelle spat getting up to look straight in Elena's eyes.

"Yes, we would've, because they have wronged us." Elena sneered.

"Oh? Is that so sister? So tell me, Finn, the man who had been in a coffin for 900 years, how did he wrong you? Or Kol, who doesn't even know you. What of Elijah? The one who has done nothing but saved your life more times than one can remember." Isabelle pointed out making Elena gape.

"What about Klaus? Your best friend who killed me? And aunt Jenna. And Rebekah, who wanted to kill me so many times." Elena whined, making Isabelle chuckle.

"Niklaus has no intentions of harming you again and as for Rebekah, she wanted to be your friend, YOU stabbed her in the back. You are the cause of it all, Elena." Elena looked at her in disgust, still not understanding the simple fact that Isabelle wasn't against her.

"And what's with this new deal with Stefan's memories?" Elena asked with an accusatory glare.

"It's none of your business." Isabelle said brushing her sister off as she continued to drink her coffee.

"It is my business, Stefan is my–"

"What? Stefan is your what Elena? Last I checked, you both were broken up because of your unresolved feelings for Damon. You don't control Stefan, sister. Me, Niklaus and him go long way back and once he gets his memories back, I can assure you he would be as against killing the Mikaelsons as I am." Isabelle smirked at her.

"How can you be like this? How can you side against me?" Elena cried out making her groan.

"Oh, for fuck's sake Elena, I am not siding against you. You're the one who wants to kill all Originals, they don't care jack shit about you. They just want to live peacefully, so no Elena, I won't take part in any of your murder fantasies." Isabelle spat leaving the room. She already had enough of Elena's whining, to last her the day.

Isabelle's phone rang whilst she was walking down the stairs, it was Jeremy, she smiled.

"Good morning, Jerry Berry." It was silent for a second before she heard laughing from the other side.

"Thanks a lot big sis, now even Kol knows that God awful nickname." Isabelle chuckled.

"Oh, don't pout brother, Kol ought to know. He's your new bestie!" Isabelle teased making him groan.

"Whatever. Anyways, I called to tell you that Elena said she and Damon were coming to meet me. I don't know if they're aware that you removed the compulsion." Isabelle grew confused as well as irritated, as to what her sister was planning now.

"Alright Jer, I'm gonna ask Elena what she wants now but, under no circumstances should they know that you don't want the Originals to die. It puts our darling sister on edge. Not until I am around you to protect you. Okay?" Isabelle warned.

"Okay sis. Love you." Jeremy hung up the call. Isabelle sighed and rubbed her forehead as she walked up to Elena's room and entered, to find her pack.

"Where are you going?" Isabelle asked leaning by the doorway.

"Denver." Elena replied, not bothering to look at her.

"Why?"

"I miss Jeremy." Isabelle scoffed.

"Yeah right, that's why you had him compelled to forget me returning home too, right?" Elena's eyes widened like a deer caught in headlights.

"How did you–"

"I removed his compulsion Elena. He knows everything." Isabelle said, staring Elena down with her arms folded on her chest.

"Now, I'll ask again, why are you going to Denver?" Isabelle asked taking a step towards Elena.

"It's none of your business." Elena used Isabelle's words against her. Isabelle looked at her with a grimace. She was really pissing her off.

"It is, you want to kill my best friend. It is my business. What are you planning Elena?" Isabelle asked, this time compelling Elena.

"We want to know who sired Stefan and Damon's line. Jeremy can talk to ghosts, so we want him to talk to Rose and ask her about her sire." Elena said in a monotone, before widening her eyes feeling betrayed that her sister compelled her.

"Fan–freaking–tastic!" Isabelle mumbled, before looking into Elena's eyes again.

"Forget this conversation ever happened." Isabelle compelled her as Elena looked dazed under the effect of compulsion before she sped out the house and drove towards the Mikaelson Mansion.

⚜⚜⚜

On hearing the bell ring Elijah opened  the door, happiness engulfed him when he found Isabelle standing on the other side with four take-away cups of coffee along with a box of what he guessed were cinnamon rolls.

"Good morning, Isa." Elijah said politely asking her to come in, as she handed him the cinnamon rolls and a regular filter coffee for him.

"Morning 'Lijah. I have something important to discuss with you, you think you can call everyone?" Isabelle asked smiling.

"I'm afraid, Rebekah has gone to school. But well, Niklaus is here. Come." Both of them walked to where Niklaus was, as usual taking out his anger on the canvas.

"Morning, Nikki! I brought you your favourite Cinnamon Dolce Latte." Isabelle said kissing his cheek and handing him the cup.

"What's wrong, Izzy? I am very sure that you didn't come here just to bring us coffee." Niklaus asked eyeing her as she looked at anywhere but the brothers.

"My sister and Damon Salvatore, are onto something." Isabelle muttered looking away.

"Well, that's not news anymore." Elijah said with a sigh. He was tired of their attempts to kill his family. They had done nothing wrong to the Scooby Gang.

"Nik, did you sire a vampire named Rose?" Isabelle asks, sitting down on the couch.

"Rose as in Rose Marie?" Isabelle nodded, making him shake his head.

"She wasn't sired by any original. I know that for a fact." Elijah mumbled.

"Alright, well, Damon wants to know which of you sired their line. They are going to Denver, to make Jeremy talk to Rose in order to know who sired her. Do any of you know who did?" Isabelle looked at both of them.

"Jeremy isn't safe, Damon could harm him. Especially if they get to know that Kol and Jeremy are friends." Elijah voiced his concern for the youngest Gilbert.

"Don't worry, they both know not to show their true friendship in front of Damon and Elena." Isabelle informed him as he let out a sigh of relief.

"Mary Porter." Niklaus whispered.

"Sorry, who?" Isabelle looked at him confused.

"Mary Porter sired Rose. I sired Mary Porter. I am the originator of their sireline."

"She needs to die."

"We have to kill her."

Elijah and Isabelle stated at the same time. Both of them looked at each other and smirked whereas Niklaus watched them weirdly.

"Are you guys murder buddies now?" Niklaus asked sarcastically.

"Yes."

"Almost."

Isabelle and Elijah spoke once again at the same time and by now Niklaus was officially creeped out.

He rolled his eyes and left the room. Isabelle and Elijah looked at each other and broke out laughing.

Isabelle and Elijah called Kol and Jeremy to tell them what to do when Elena arrived with Damon, Kol knew he had to kill Mary Porter and maybe then he would have his revenge on Damon for killing his brother.

"Huh, why do I even try changing Elena's mind?" Isabelle said huffing.

"Well, because she's your sister and you don't want her doing something she'll regret." Elijah said as he sat down beside her.

"You know everytime I think that I am one step closer to pulling her off the edge, Damon Salvatore swoops in and crushes all of my efforts down." Isabelle said with sadness and fury for Damon.

"Well, I know for a fact that Damon is known to be a bit of a....nuisance." Elijah remarked rolling his eyes.

"He's only alive because I don't want Stef to lose his brother but in the process, I am this close to losing my sister." Isabelle said making a hand movement with her thumb and index finger.

"Well, if Elena has even half the sense of family as you do, I can assure you that you won't lose her." Elijah whispered looking at her sad face.

"And if she doesn't?" Isabelle asked turning to look at him.

"You'll still have your brother, and Niklaus, and Stefan, Rebekah and Kol and–me." Elijah sighed looking at her with a small smile while a wide grin broke out on her face when she heard the last word.

"Look at you, getting all sweet. What are your intentions, Mr. Mikaelson?" Isabelle teased making him chuckle.

"Oh, let me tell you, Ms. Lightwood, my intentions remain entirely pure. Such as, perhaps, you would like to join me for lunch?" Elijah asked with a boyish grin making her raise an eyebrow at him and smirk.

"Oh my God, is that the Elijah Mikaelson, asking lil ol' me out on a date?" Isabelle said, feigning shock.

"Oh I assure you, when I do ask you out on a, as you call it, date? It wouldn't be in a place as crowded and shabby as the Grill. I just want some time with you, so I could perhaps take your mind off of the stress of our lives for a few hours. So, would you please give me the honour of doing that?" Isabelle blushed as a huge grin landed on her face.

"Aren't you the sweetest man alive? I would be delighted to accompany you." Both of them smiled at each other.

⚜⚜⚜

After a while, Isabelle and Elijah found themselves at the Grill as scheduled. They were having a good time, away from all the supernatural drama going on. Laughing, exchanging experiences of things they had seen in their long lives.

"When did you get to know about who you were? I mean, you know after you were born in the Gilbert Family." Elijah asked politely.

"I was 16 when suddenly I started having dreams about a beautiful and happy Realm. I would be able to foresee a tragedy beforehand. But it all triggered when I was able to foresee my best friend's death, and couldn't do anything about it. My real father, Angel Raziel, he visited me through my dreams." Isabelle said, thinking of the long time back.

"I am sorry to hear about your best friend. My condolences for your loss." Elijah said clutching her hand above the table.

"It's okay, it was a long time ago." Isabelle shrugged.

"Time doesn't make it hurt less." Elijah said quietly, looking away as she searched his face and tried to read his emotions.

"So, have you always wished to be an entrepreneur?" Elijah asked curiously, wanting to know more about the gorgeous noirette sitting in front of him.

"No, I wanted to be a writer. I used to be more of a peace loving girl, who would dream of owning a mansion in the hills where she would spend days letting her thoughts flow and publish books and books on anything her imagination worked out!" Isabelle had a small amount of sorrow as she spoke about her old life.

"What changed?" Elijah asked, squinting his eyes a little, trying to figure her out.

"Me? I guess. Somethings happened, and then suddenly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to think. I just wanted to engross myself in so much work that I didn't have time to think." Isabelle said, leaning back.

"Because if you let yourself think, you'd be haunted by things you'd rather not relive." Elijah said, going deep in thought as she noticed the slight longing on his face. She nodded slowly.

"Who was she, 'Lijah?" Isabelle asked after a while making him look at her in surprise.

"The one you lost? What was she like? If, it's okay to talk about." Isabelle said politely, rubbing circles on his palm.

Elijah sighed. He thought about whether or not to tell her about one of the most vulnerable moments of his life, but when he looked into her eyes, he didn't find judgement, just curiosity and understanding.

He knew she would understand, he could sense that she had suffered plenty herself.

"Her name was Celeste." Elijah whispered, not meeting her eyes staring at her hand in his while she noticed how the curve of his lips turned down into a frown and his eyes glazed with sadness.

"She was beautiful, she was strong. A very powerful witch. Most importantly, she was warm, kind and honest. I was happy. The happiest I had been in a thousand years." Elijah told her as he looked up at her with a sad smile, making her want to brighten his mood.

"She sounds amazing. I am sure she must have been smoking hot." Elijah chuckled, with a slight nod.

"How did you lose her?" Isabelle asked softly.

"I had neglected Niklaus in my love for her. He felt lonely and alienated because she occupied my every moment. She paid the price." Elijah said, looking away.

Isabelle pursed her lips in disappointment. Niklaus had always been paranoid and overly possessive over the ones he cared about. He feared that one day they would all leave him and that was what always pushed him to hurt his own family.

He daggered them because he feared being left alone and he couldn't care less about how much his actions affected his family.

"Nik always has had abandonment issues. It can't be justified, what he did to you but for all it's worth, I am sorry. I know what it feels like to be betrayed like that." Isabelle told him with a soft smile.

"What's your story, Isa?" Elijah asked leaning back, not leaving her hand.

Isabelle chuckled sarcastically.

"You really don't wanna know, Elijah. Besides, enough of the sad talks. Now tell me, is it to early to drink yet?" Isabelle asked, quickly changing the topic.

He noticed but didn't question it. He wanted to be worthy enough for her to tell him her story and he would gladly wait for however long it took.

"Well, I would say it is, but considering the way our lives are these days, a drink sounds like a good idea before everything falls out of place again." Elijah said with a smile before motioning for the waiter.

Isabelle's phone rang and it was Jeremy. She sighed as she showed Elijah the screen who rolled his eyes. Something had happened again! Great.

"Baby brother."

"Iz, Damon killed Kol temporarily. Now we're at a motel, and Kol is probably out to kill Mary Porter. While they're gonna make me contact Rose." Jeremy informed her, Elijah, obviously listened in.

"Well Jer, do as our sweet sister says. When you come back here? We're gonna kick their asses together." Isabelle smirked.

"I know sis. But believe me, it's taking every restraint I have in me, not to rip our darling sister's head off." Jeremy spat.

"Cool down, Jer, Kol's company is definitely not good for you!" She commented looking at Elijah who had an amused smile listening to little Gilbert's words.

"Well, atleast the Mikaelsons aren't stupid enough to do anything without reason. And they're certainly better choice at friendship. Unlike our darling sister, who wants to kill them all like some cult that she has to follow." Jeremy spat, making her laugh.

"Well, now you understand why Nik is my best friend. Anyways, I'll talk to you later. Tell me if something happens. Love you." Isabelle said hanging up.

"Seems like they are fast friends." She remarked looking at Elijah.

"Kol hasn't had a friend in a very long time. I am just glad that he isn't being his psychotic self." Elijah sipped his drink with a huff.

"Oh come on Elijah. Don't be so harsh on your brother. Give him the benefit of doubt. He wants to be good." Isabelle coaxed.

"Let's see for how long." Isabelle rolled her eyes, she knew it was no use arguing.

"Well, turns out our time here has to be cut short." Elijah said, looking at the message he just received from his hybrid brother.

"What happened now?" Isabelle asked groaning.

"Seems like they found Esther." As soon as the words were out of Elijah's mouth, Isabelle got up and both of them left the Grill in a hurry not bothering to drive, as they sped their way to the Mikaelson Mansion.

Isabelle and Elijah came rushing into the Mikaelson home, only to find Esther lying lifeless on the ground with Rebekah crouching beside her and Klaus staring at the scene with his hands folded on his chest.

"What happened?" Isabelle whispered, knowing that it was difficult for the siblings to see their mother's dead body. It didn't matter if Esther tried to kill them all, she was still their mother.

"She just died, she said that when Abby Bennett transitioned, she lost her power." Rebekah explained with slight tears in her eyes, as she stood up.

Isabelle felt something off about her, but brushed it off thinking that Rebekah was sad for her mother's death.

"Well it's good, saves her from the death I had planned for her." Niklaus spat out in disgust making Elijah roll his eyes.

"Not now Niklaus." Saying this, he picked their mother up and went to place her in a coffin and Rebekah left.

"Did Stefan bring the stakes?" Isabelle asked Niklaus.

"He brought one. He doesn't know the location of the last one. Alaric's alter ego has hidden it somewhere." Niklaus mumbled, as Elijah joined them back in the room.

"Wonderful. And what exactly did you do to make sure Alaric tells us its location?" Isabelle asked with her arms folded on her chest.

"I snapped his neck. Now when he wakes up, it'll be his evil alter ego, Stefan can beat the crap out of him and know the location of the stake." Isabelle immediately shook her head.

"He wouldn't be able to do it. Stefan has known Alaric for a long time. He wouldn't be able to torture him." Isabelle said looking at the two brothers.

"You have lost your memories or what? Have you forgotten how good Stefan used to be in kicking ass when it came to getting what he wanted?" Niklaus asked incredulously making her roll her eyes.

"Yeah, the Stefan that had his memories intact, wasn't a ripper and certainly wasn't wrapped around my baby sister's little finger. This Stefan wouldn't do anything that'll bring him in Elena's bad books." Niklaus sighed.

"You got a better idea?" Niklaus asked with his eyebrows raised.

"Well, who better than I when it comes to inflicting pain?" Isabelle asked with a malicious grin on her face and an evil glint in her eyes which made Elijah's heart quicken.

The trio soon reached the Salvatore boarding house, Stefan was just coming out of the basement when he looked up at the three of them.

"What the hell are you three doing here?" Stefan asked glaring at them.

"I believe we were promised a White Oak stake." Elijah said calmly, with his hands in his pockets.

"I am trying, alright. I just need some time." Stefan pleaded them, making Niklaus and Isabelle exchanged smirks.

"Well, we guessed that much, that is why we are here to help in the matter." Niklaus said pointing to the three of them.

"No way, she'll kill him." Stefan shouted pointing at Isabelle.

"Stefan you may think I am cruel and ruthless, which I am by the way, but even I wouldn't dare hurt my younger brother, unlike Elena." Isabelle gave Stefan her best bitch face, making him huff as he moved out of the way for the three of them.

"Alaric." Isabelle sang out as she entered the cellar, the Mikaelson brothers, leaning against the doorway.

"Yupp, I'm still me. Think you can bring out the evil me?" Alaric asked in hope, he didn't want the Originals to kill Stefan or Damon.

"Oh, I am all up for some action. Think you can keep up, buddy?" Isabelle asked as she stood in front of him with a smirk.

"I'll have to. That's the only way we're gonna get the stake." Alaric said with a sigh.

Isabelle looked at Alaric once, to remind the darkest parts of herself not to kill Alaric as she gave him the first blow, a straight punch in the face making him drop down to the ground.

Alaric began to stand up slowly when she yanked at his collar and pushed him towards the wall. She smashed the back of his head on the concrete wall like he was nothing but a rag doll. Before Alaric put up a finger asking her for wait. She looked at him in confusion.

Alaric removed his magic ring that brought him back to life causing Isabelle to raise her eyebrows in realisation. Stefan began to protest so Niklaus simply snapped his neck. They all knew that the alter ego would come out if it knew that it was life or death.

Isabelle continued to take her chances at hitting him, she took a round kick sending him to his knees before kicking hardly on his chest making him kneel down.

She grabbed his neck and punched him in the face sending him to the ground before casually walking over and placing her high heeled boots dangerously close to Alaric's neck.

"This would be the second pair of heels I'll be destroying if I don't get my White Oak stake back." Isabelle spat, flashing her purple eyes at him.

Alaric smirked at her, before he began to laugh. All of them realised that his alter ego was out in play. She took her foot back from his neck, as he slowly stood up and looked at her straight in the eye.

"You all vampires and their sympathizers, I pity you all. You will burn at the stake." Alaric spat looking at the three of them.

"What is this? The witch trials?" Isabelle spat before punching Alaric in the gut.

"Tell me where the White Oak stake is." Isabelle sneered yanking him up by his collar.

"You're best friends with the man who killed your sister. How does it feel Isabelle? How do you live with the guilt of being friends with him. Knowing what a monster he is. Do you not see him killing your sister every time you look at his face?"

Alaric spat, making white hot rage rush through Isabelle's veins. She hated when someone insulted Niklaus. Niklaus had his set of insecurities. He feared that people would see the beast in him and for those who he cared about, this insecurity increased ten folds.

"Enough talk about him." She snarled before kicking him in the calf and punching him in the face again, sending him to ground.

"Where is the stake?" Isabelle asked stomping her foot on his gut causing him to grunt before he mustered all the strength he had and pushed jer off of him making her fall to the ground but she was quick to be back on her feet again.

Alaric casually walked around the cellar as the two Mikaelsons watched him carefully. He had a sinister look shining in his eyes as he thought about taking a jab at Isabelle.

"You are a failure. As a sister, as a friend, as a daughter. You left them all here to fend for themselves alone. You weren't even there for your parent's funeral. You deserve to rot like the rest of them."

Isabelle was seeing red as she rushed forward with full intention of killing him when Elijah caught her by the waist to hold her back. Niklaus, taking it as a sign, held Alaric in a chokehold, as he interrogated for the last stake.

Elijah took her out of the cellar. She was still breathing deeply, raging on the inside and all she could think about was ripping Alaric to shreds.

"Shh, calm down, Isa. You're better than him. Don't let him get to you. Calm down, it's okay. All's fine." Elijah whispered in her ears as he hugged her from behind, placing kisses on the side of the head.

Slowly, her breathing became normal and she was not raging anymore. Elijah turned her around and cupped her cheek, slightly wiping the tears that had gathered underneath her eyes.

"It's alright. I am here for you." Elijah whispered looking at her with nothing but care and concern. It made her heart melt as she let go and hugged him the tightest she could.

"Thankyou for stopping me. I would've killed him otherwise." Isabelle mumbled in his chest, he rubbed her back before planting a kiss on top of her head.

Whatever it was that Alaric talked about, it had hit her badly. He wanted to take away all her pain because she didn't deserve it.

She deserved the best things and so much happiness that she forgot what pain felt like and he wanted to give that all to her.

He wanted to be her happiness and the reason she smiled and he couldn't see even a single tear in her beautiful eyes.

The sound of someone clearing their throat broke them apart. It was Niklaus, looking at them with a grim expression.

"The teacher told me where the stake is. It's in the cave where no vampire can enter." Niklaus murmured, walking upstairs.

Isabelle and Elijah followed shortly after him, along with Stefan who had woken up just a moment ago, and was extremely pissed off but couldn't do a thing about it.

They walked into the living room to find Rebekah waiting for them.

"Bekars? What are you doing here?" Isabelle asked surprised. She still felt something different about Rebekah but she just couldn't put her finger on it.

"I just came here, in case you lot needed some help." Rebekah said with a small smile.

Rebekah seemed darker than before and Isabelle had no idea what was going on.

She could clearly see that Rebekah's aura had something off about it, something horrid and sinister.

But before she could do anything about it, Niklaus had Rebekah take Alaric to the cave to fetch the stake.

They were almost out the door, when Isabelle couldn't help but ask,"Bekars, are you alright?"

Rebekah seemed taken off guard due to her sudden question, but she nodded with a smile and left.

Isabelle couldn't shake off the feeling of dread creeping up her heart. Rebekah's smile seemed forced and never reached her eyes.

She guessed that maybe she was just being paranoid and Rebekah's mood was just off because of seeing Esther die again.

She brushed off those thoughts away as they all walked into the living area.

"Well, I got to know about your brother's little mission in Denver. He failed." Niklaus said casually pouring out a drink for himself.

"Not that it's news anymore." Elijah remarked making Isabelle snicker.

"Anyways, I have some errands to run, so I'll be leaving now." Elijah said causing Isabelle to smile at him but he could swear that he noticed a certain amount of longing in her eyes.

He didn't think much about her because he couldn't ever believe that someone like her would long for a demon as him. Oh, how wrong he was.

Her expressions didn't go unnoticed by her hybrid best friend either. He saw how she watched as Elijah walked out of the house after smiling at her once.

Over the years, Niklaus had never come across anyone who could possibly calm her down and Elijah was able to do that, especially when she was at her worst anger.

Niklaus always knew that they would fit well with each other and he was happy for the two of them because even a blind man could see the sparks flying around the two.

All he wished for was that Elijah didn't hurt her, if they do come together. He couldn't bear the thought of her in pain again. He clearly remembered how the last time broke her and he didn't want anything like that to happen again. He cared too much about her to let that happen.

"What are you gonna do Klaus? Are you gonna kill me?" Stefan asked with a smirk, snapping Niklaus out of his thoughts. Isabelle rolled her eyes at Stefan's idiotic question.

"I haven't decided yet." Klaus said casually sitting down. As if he would actually kill his own best friend!

"Oh, sure you have. You see, you've had every excuse imaginable to do it, yet you haven't. Which means you don't want to." Isabelle snorted at Stefan's words.

"What part of 'we have a history' did you not get Stefan?" Isabelle snarked with her hands on her hips.

"Yeah and you guys already said that you won't give me my memories back. So I thought, why waste my breath?" Stefan spoke casually, trying to find a way out of using reverse psychology. Which, actually worked like he wanted it too.

"So, you're just gonna give up? Not even gonna try in the least to know what it is that we're not telling you?" Isabelle asked in disbelief.

"I don't care what it is. What I don't know, can't hurt me."  Stefan shrugged making her scoff.

"You really have lost hope, haven't you?" Klaus asked as he observed the dull face of his friend.

"I have lost everything, Klaus. Since you came into this town." Stefan admitted with a grim face.

His face filled with all the remorse he had felt since he stepped foot in Mystic Falls. He tried to remember the past years of his life, but somehow he couldn't.

He couldn't remember anything except his ripper phases and he wanted nothing more than Isabelle to return his memories to him.

"Alright. I am done. You haven't lost everything Salvatore, and I'm gonna show you that now." Isabelle said walking over to Stefan and making him look at her in the eyes.

She was finally going to do it. Stefan didn't know what he would find on the other side, but he prepared himself for whatever it was.

It didn't matter if it was good or bad, all he cared was the fact that he wouldn't have memory gaps anymore.

"Remember." She whispered and his pupils dilated, and in an instant, a gush of memories attacked him.

He groaned in pain as he bent down on his knees clutching his head. Isabelle and Niklaus looked at him in hope, that maybe now, they would have their friend back.

"Agh, no no no no, it's not real. Go away both of you." Stefan yelled and grunted in pain. Niklaus looked hurt while Isabelle looked like all air was knocked out of her.

"Stef–" Isabelle began, but Stefan looked at her with pure anger and hatred.

"Leave." He yelled, Isabelle turned around and left the boarding house as a single tear trailed down her cheek. Niklaus followed her, after glaring at Stefan. Niklaus ran upto her and turned her to look at him.

"Hey hey, Izzy, he'll remember by the morning. You know this happens every time he gets his memory back. He goes into denial for some time." Niklaus said, holding her arms. She nodded before hugging him. She hated this part the most.

"Don't dwell upon what Alaric said. It's not true." Isabelle mumbled, with her arms around his torso and her head on his chest.

"What he said was true, I did kill your sister. I'm nothing but a monst–" Niklaus began to mumble when she pulled away and placed a hand on his mouth.

"You're my best friend, an amazing brother and a very good person. Don't even think about calling yourself a monster because you're not. You got that, Nikki?" Isabelle asked bopping his nose in the end, which made him laugh as he swung his arm around her shoulder and they began to walk in the direction of her house.

"So, do you still wish to say that there's nothing between my brother and you?" Niklaus asked with his eyebrow raised making her roll her eyes.

"Mm, I might or might not have gone for a lunch with him today, which might or might not have been a date." Isabelle confessed sheepishly, as she looked anywhere but the hybrid who looked at her with wide eyes.

"What? You had a date and you didn't tell me? I am wounded!" Niklaus said stopping to look at her, feigning hurt while placing a hand on his chest.

"You're being dramatic, jackass. It wasn't a date anyways. We're just friends." Isabelle said as she continued walking.

"Liar liar, witchy ass on fire!" Niklaus sang catching up to her.

"Nik seriously, I said this before, I am not willing to put my heart on the line again. I just can't." Niklaus' expression softened a bit.

"Izzy, do you or do you not like Elijah?" Niklaus asked sternly.

"I don't know Nik. I get these butterflies when he's around. His words calm down the angriest of versions of me and I had the most peaceful sleep in his arms. No nightmares, nothing. And I am not sure, what to perceive from all these feelings." Isabelle said frustrated.

She was experiencing things that she had long buried. She didn't wish to feel them again in her life ever, but put one suited Original in the picture, and all of her resolves went to hell.

"You're falling for him." Niklaus whispered looking at her. He could see the fight she was having with herself, because her heart wanted her to feel but her mind was stopping her from doing so.

"I don't know Nik." Isabelle said, halting because they were in front of her house. She looked at him with a defeated expression. Niklaus placed his hands on her arms and made her look into his eyes.

"Izzy, feeling something isn't bad and if you do feel something for Elijah, then go ahead, I promise you that I'll make sure that he never causes you pain." Isabelle smiled slightly, as she came out of his grip and took his hands in her's.

"Nik, when two people do come together, it becomes a world of their own actions and decisions. You wouldn't be able to do anything if any of us hurts the other one. Elijah is a very good man, and he certainly deserves someone who's not as broken as I am. I am not good enough for him. So no, I wouldn't act on my feelings." Glancing in his eyes one last time, she walked up to her home. It was difficult for her, but she had to keep her darkness away from him at all costs. She couldn't subject someone like him to be fated to be with her. But what she didn't know was that the darkness in him was exactly what she needed in her life and only she, could tame the monster in him.

Niklaus stood there watching as she got inside, thinking over what she said. He knew it was true, that he wouldn't be able to do anything if something bad happens between them but he also hoped that maybe Elijah would be the one to join her broken pieces and she would be able to reassemble his.

He glanced at the Gilbert home one last time and sped away, unaware of what was happening inside.

❇❇❇❇

God. Can I please kill Elena like right now? I'm gonna behead this wench. Why must you be so judgy little twit Elena. Isabelle is your sister for heaven's sake.

Yeah, how does your own medicine taste Elena? Getting compelled sucks doesn't it?

Aww Isabelle helping the Mikaelsons out like always.

Yass Izzy, kick Alaric's arse. He ain't the teacher anymore.

The Elisabelle moment tho.

STEFAN GOT HIS MEMORIES BACK!!! I AM DYING.

Nik comforting Isa.

Why would you not act on your feels Isa???

What do you think happened in the Gilbert house? Comment your favourite parts. Vote if you liked Isabelle being so badass.

Love, Devu.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 8.7K 24
โ˜ฝ ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ ๐ญ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง โ˜พ ...
410K 8.6K 39
เฟโ˜†*:ใƒป๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก โ”โ”โ” โ SHE HAS NO IDEA OF THE POWER THAT SHE HOLDS โž in which a sixteen-year-old girl contains power that she cannot cont...
194K 4.3K 57
๐Š๐จ๐ฅ ๐Œ๐ข๐ค๐š๐ž๐ฅ๐ฌ๐จ๐ง ๐ฑ ๐Ž๐‚ I am ๐‹๐ฎ๐œ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž๐ซ. I am known as The Devil by humans. I don't mind. Punishing the bad is my duty. If I am deemed...
960K 23.6K 55
๐€ ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฆ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐›๐จ๐ง๐ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐›๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Ž๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ ๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ ๐’๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐ง๐š ๐Œ๐š๐ž ๐†๐ข๐ฅ๐›๐ž๐ซ๐ญ...