Aladdin

By shmowzow23

Aladdin and Jasmine lived happily ever after, right? Unfortunately not. After the painful death of queen Jasm... More

Aladdin

119 3 5
By shmowzow23

Bells tolled in the distance, bringing sounds of sorrow, and grief upon the crowd. They sat in silence, unwilling to speak for they knew no words to ease the pain in their hearts. No one shed a tear for this was an emotion beyond sadness.

Darkness finally began to ensue and the crowd slowly dispersed, without a single word spoken. Soon, everybody departed, and only one remained. The man stood solemnly with his head down and monkey by his side. He did not know what went wrong, or how he could have let this happen. The man could barely formulate the words in his head, words that he never imagined he would ever have to say.

A single tear fell from his eye, dropping to the ground. Three painful words followed: “I’ll miss you.”

The lonely Sultan of Agrabah turned, slowly walking away, leaving behind the grave of his princess.

 “Come on Abu. She’s not coming back.”           

Chapter 1

It had been days, weeks maybe since Aladdin last left his room. He allowed no one inside. His servants would send him food through the door just to keep him alive. People began to wonder what had become of their sultan, some even began to give up, certain he was dead. Aladdin heard talk outside his door of people threatening the peace of his city, calling themselves “Jafar’s Empire,” but he ignored it. Much like he did everything else now. Even Abu’s faith in his master began to waver.

One month since the death of Jasmine, and the first incident occurred. Citizens screamed their terror outside the palace. Crashes emanated from the market place with bottles breaking and windows smashing. The guards were barely able to contain the riot.

By now, there was no hope left that Aladdin would return. With trade and commerce put to a complete stop, more and more people were left on the streets everyday.

             Many people could no longer sit and watch their city burn, so they simply left the city. There was nobody to stop them anyway. The only problem was a lack of place to leave to. This is how “Jafar’s Empire” truly began. With the rich moving to the new town for more power, and the poor only becoming more helpless with each passing day.

End of Chapter 1

I know it was short and lame but whatevs. The next chapter will probably be more eventful.

Chapter 2: The Return

Aladdin awoke with a jolt, finding his monkey slapping and shouting at him to wake up. For the first time in forever Aladdin felt an emotion apart from grief… fear. His body was drenched with sweat, and his heart begged for mercy. He sat still for a moment, staring at the moon that illuminated the black night, reminding himself that it was all a dream, nothing more.

Finally, Aladdin relaxed himself just enough to return to sleep, but his subconscious mind raced on. He could see a man, covered in thick cloth covering his entire body and face pushing though a heavy sandstorm. The wind screamed, blocking out any noise. The sand flew faster than the eye could perceive. In the distance, a sinister ray of light, like that of a lantern fish, luring in its prey. The man struggled along, up to the source.

A lustrous, pearlescent black lamp stood upright in the sand. Quickly, the man snatched the lamp from off the ground. He stared in awe. What this man held in his hand was greater than anything he could have ever expected. This contained the most powerful genie in existence. Jafar. And this man was about to release him.

The mysterious man rubbed the corrupt lamp whispering inaudible words as he did. Within seconds an explosion blinded the lamp holder. His vision returned to show a fiery red sky, and a blood red, unearthly being before him. At this point the man was on his knees, in awe of the might he had unleashed.

“What is your desire, human?” The genie’s voice was explosive, and rattled the earth around the man. The man spoke rapidly and anxiously, but it was impossible to hear over the surrounding storm. The only two understandable words came at the end; “My liege”

The Genie’s shackles shattered, and fell to the ground. Jafar walked the Earth once more.

End of chapter 2

I did it again, I’m sorryL.

The first 2 chapters of this thing are really short. I said I would make this one

longer but it wasn’t. Just keep yelling at me until I doJ

Chapter 3: More Returns

For the second time that day, Aladdin would find himself awake, alarmed, shaken, and afraid. Only this time, he was afraid not for himself, but for his people. He could not allow Jafar to come near his city of Agrabah The Sultan, though his body was weak, burst through the doors of his chamber as his monkey tagged behind him.

Just as Aladdin stepped foot out of his room, he was swarmed by his advisors and servants. It had been over a month since they had seen his face. Aladdin was bombarded with troves of questions. “What was he doing?” “What are his plans?”

“Quiet!” Aladdin ordered. Abu accompanied Aladdin’s shout with a stone cold, serious stare, or about as serious as a monkey’s stare could be.

“This city needs guards on duty surrounding the city day and night. Expect an attack at any moment. Spread word around Agrabah that the Sultan has returned and order will be restored as soon as possible.”

“Will there be anything else, sir?”

“No, that will be all. I’m going to look for the genie myself.”

“How will you manage that mr. Aladdin? He disappeared years ago! How can you possibly find him?

“I have a feeling I need not find him. I think he’ll find me just fine by himself.” With that, Aladdin made his way out of the palace, as Abu followed. He called upon his carpet and took off. Agrabah had its ruler back for all of five minutes before he disappeared from their lives once more.

 Aladdin travelled by carpet for hours. Mountains of unbelievable wonder flew by him. Water cascaded down the waterfalls, reflecting life around him. He rose into the sky and kissed the clouds as he passed. It had been far too long since he felt such joy, or any reason to live at all.

Finally he reached the place he was searching for. He looked out over the sheer cliff before him, overlooking the sea.

“This looks tall enough.” The 75 meter drop into the ocean was easily enough to kill Aladdin.

“Don’t catch me.” He said turning to his carpet, who was shaking with fear.

Aladdin took a deep breath, trying to control his uneasiness. He then jumped, body spread, and fell. Abu cried in the background, but Aladdin could hardly hear it over the wind that deafened his ears. Aladdin closed his eyes, and let it happen.

He landed softly on something. It felt like a cloud had descended from the heavens and caught him before he met death. There was something special about this cloud however. It happened to have bright shade of blue.

“Genie! I knew you’d save me!”

“Well, you know I’ve always got you back kid,” Genie said with a smile that lit up Aladdin’s world. “And I know there’s no way you would pull something like this unless you needed me, so, now you’ve got me.” Genie landed and planted Aladdin on his feet.

(Aladdin informed Genie about his dream with Jafar)

“So you need my help to knock out bad guys with the old one two punch?” Genie asked throwing his fists that he transformed into boxing gloves.

“You could say that,” Aladdin replied

“Great! So where is that old guy? I can’t wait to get back to work!”

 “To be honest, I have no clue. It’s not as easy to find him as it is to find you. I can’t jump off a cliff and expect Jafar to save me. I think we should just wait back at Agrabah and devise a plan.”

 “Fine.” Genie pouted turning his boxing gloves into tissues and wiping his sniffling nose with them.

Aladdin mounted his flying carpet and took off. Genie became a biplane and followed close behind Aladdin.

End of Chapter 3

This one was a little longer but I’ll still try to do better.

Chapter 4: Possession

Aladdin and Genie continued their flight through the mountains, engaging in pleasant conversations.

“So this one summer,” Genie said “I was fishing and I hooked a GIANT” – He was cut off as an immense Kusarigama (A hook and chain weapon) grabbed him and pulled him to the ground.

Aladdin looked down at where his friend lay. Genie was unconscious on the ground, but there was someone else there with him, the man with the Kusarigama. He swung his chain and laughed a deep laugh. One that Aladdin knew and detested far too much to ever forget. Jafar stood with a leg on the head of Genie.

In the heat of passion Aladdin swooped down, hoping to slam into his enemy. Before he got halfway to his target, Jafar slashed at Aladdin, striking him indirectly in the chest. The force was enough to nearly knock Aladdin off his carpet, and alter his momentum, causing him to crash into a nearby rock.

Jafar then removed his foot from Genie’s head. He uttered an incantation, and a flash of light obstructed Aladdin’s vision. Genie’s tortured screams resonated in Aladdin’s ears. The lights dissipated, but Aladdin kept his eyes shut tight. He could not imagine what had become of his best friend.

“Open you eyes boy!” Jafar ordered. Aladdin’s pure hatred kept his eyes closed more firm than ever. “Do NOT resist me!” Jafar smashed his Kusarigama into the earth before Aladdin’s head. Aladdin’s anger only boiled hotter within him. “I did not want to have to do it myself, but you leave me no choice.”

Jafar destroyed his Kusarigama in his hand and procured a staff of gold. The staff resembled that of a serpent, constricting the rod. Jafar studied his tool of magic. “This will be the harbinger of every single one of your worst nightmares. Now, are you ready to begin?” Jafar looked down to Aladdin, expecting to find the Arabian boy cowering, but finding only disappointment. He was gone. Jafar looked in all directions, but Aladdin was gone, as was his carpet. Jafar looked to Aladdin’s genie.

“Find him, and bring him to me! It seems that I must teach this child to respect people in high places.”

Aladdin sailed high above the clouds. Abu tugged at Aladdin’s shirt, pointing toward Genie, whom he had left behind.

“I want to save him, but I stand no chance against the most powerful being in the world. Without Genie, I can hardly touch Jafar.” At that moment, a shadowy black spirit shot through the clouds, right in front of Aladdin

“Who are you?” Aladdin yelped. He raised his guard and brought his carpet to a halt.

“You don’t remember me? How could you forget? After all, you’ve never had a friend quite like me!” Genie then picked Aladdin off his carpet, grabbed him by the hair and launched him at the land below.

“Genie!” Aladdin screamed as he plummeted to the ground. An inch from the earth his carpet caught him and carried him to away. Aladdin’s pitch black Genie chased him, laughing maniacally as he did. Aladdin carpet tried its best and flew as fast as it could to escape, but Genie would be waiting around every corner, cutting them off.

“Come back Aladdin! It’s your friend, Genie!”

Aladdin turned and looked behind him, recognizing the voice of his old friend, but when he did, he was greeted by the insane laughter of this new demon that had taken his friend from him.

“Okay Al, it’s been fun, but I’ve grown tired of this game of cat and mouse.” Genie formed a mace with his hand, and swung with enough force to shatter a tiger’s bones.

On instinct Aladdin drew his scimitar and prepared to duck, but there was no need. The attack passed well over Aladdin’s head. Genie swung once more, only to miss a second time. It was as if Genie was blinded by something, or someone.

Aladdin looked to his drawn sword. He wanted his friend back more than anything, but the risk of killing him tore his soul in half. Aladdin continued to dodge, and remained passive, for he could not bear the thought of taking his life. Genie attacked ferociously and relentlessly. Although Genie missed, every passing moment killed Aladdin slowly. Any hope that his friend could possibly still be somewhere in there was crushed. And that hurt more than any wound.

“Stop,” Aladdin told his carpet. “If I must make the choice between my own life, or taking the life of that which is most important to me, I forfeit.” He closed his eyes and stood upright with a face that showed no sign of regret.  “End this.”

Genie pulled a contemptuous smile, and prepared to finish the sultan. A moment before the decisive blow was dealt, a sickening crack caused genie’s knees to buckle, and he fell limply to the ground.

End of chapter 4

It did not come across as emotionally powerful as I would

have liked, but hopefully you enjoyed it anyway J

Chapter 5: Awakening

Aladdin slowly opened his eyes, fearing what might have taken place. The body of the possessed genie lay in front of him, slowly fading away.

“What happened?” Aladdin asked of no one in particular, and expected no answer, for there was nobody to be seen.

“There was no way I would let anyone touch you, Al. You know that.” At first Aladdin’s heart nearly stopped from fear, recognizing the voice of his possessed Genie. However given a moment to think, Aladdin turned around and threw his arms around his friend. Something he thought he would never be able to do again.

 “It’s like I said before, I’ve always got your back.” Genie smiled and embraced his small friend. “Come on now; let’s get you back home before Jafar finds out what’s happened here.

 Aladdin mounted his carpet and took off with Genie following close by.

“How did you manage break Jafar’s spell and save me?” Aladdin asked.

There’s only one thing that hurts more than seeing you hurt. It’s seeing you give up. When I saw that in my subconscious something snapped. I just bust through and smashed Jafar’s enchantment out of sheer rage.”

After that, the ride back to Agrabah was silent, the two did not do so much as look at each other, sharing a silent ever-growing trust that words could not express.

Upon reaching the palace of the Sultan, the two made there way into Aladdin’s room and settled down in front of a map of the city, discussing plan for regaining order, and preventing things from becoming worse, although there was not much else that could be worse by now. Much of the population had left the city by now, and a great deal of what remained, was broken anyway.

Aladdin looked to Genie, but remained silent. Genie kept his head down, a didn’t dare say a word, for he knew what Aladdin was going to say. Aladdin returned his eyes to the map.

“We’re out of options,” Aladdin sighed. “We can’t afford to let anymore citizens slip away, let our defenses weaken any further. Jafar will just continue to attack, and we will continue to lose. We have no choice but to fight back.”

“I’m with you all the way here, but how do you suppose we fight back? His army is probably twice the size of ours, and we have no clue where he is!”

“All we have to do is wait outside the city wall, they’ll find us.”

“We still can’t fight them head on! They’re too powerful!”

“Genie, a heart with a passion that burns can melt through even the toughest of challenges, as long as the one who holds the flame has the courage to set it free. And Genie, we’ve kindled this fire long enough.”

Genie gave a warm smile. “I’ll go raise an army.”

End of chapter 5. The story is coming to a close soon.

I’m sorry, I just didn’t know what else to add without stretching

It to the point of you losing interest :P

Chapter 6: Burning Hearts and Scorching Sand

Aladdin and Genie stood facing their men. Their faces showed a quiet intensity, and allowed no fear. The soldiers carried their weapons with confidence knowing very well this could be their last day on the planet. They stood unmoving for hours, waiting until the moment was right, preparing to confront the enemy.

“We are here because time has forced our hands. We stood by idly as our city withered away, and now we have waited long enough. Time has forced our hands… into a fist. We cannot allow Jafar and all of Jafar’s Witness to rule our lives any longer!” Aladdin shouted into his group of warriors.

In the distance sand was being kicked up and voices could be heard faintly. Slowly the group made its way closer the Agrabah’s defenses.

“It pains me that my people are being forced into war like this, but sadly, the alternative is not much better.” The soldiers faces grew solemn, but were by no means discouraged. This only fueled their spirits, and ignited a fire in their hearts.

The cloud of sand continued to make it way to the army. It would not be long before it was upon them.

“We wage this war for the people of Agrabah! The people taken, and damaged by Jafar! We fight, for Queen Jasmine!”

Agrabah’s army stared at the enemy quietly as the sun beat down upon the both of them. No one knows how long they waited, until slowly, both sides began their rush towards the enemy. Aladdin and genie rushed into battle alongside them, Aladdin with his sword drawn, and Genie with his fists raised.

Men began to fall on both sides as Aladdin and Genie did their best to weaken Jafar’s forces ever so lightly, Agrabah began to apply pressure, pushing Jafar’s army back.

The battle pressed on for hours upon hours, and Agrabah’s lack of men began to make itself evident. Aladdin watched helplessly as his people fell to the ground, injured, or dead. Aladdin suddenly stopped fighting. He looked around at the effects of the war; the casualties, the hatred, the terror. Looking down he found a man, one of his own, laying down, dying. Aladdin fell to his knees by the soldier, and placed his hands upon the man’s wound and felt the blood stain his hands. He had made this happen. He made the people of his own city walk into their deaths.

“I’m so sorry,” Aladdin cried at the soldier’s feet. He smashed his hand into the ground by his knees. “I didn’t mean for this to happen.”

“What are you apologizing for?” The soldier asked. His face contorted with both pain and rage. “You are not weak if you fight, and lose. You are weak if you have the power to fight for the right, cause, and refuse to use it. You cannot fear Jafar any longer. These men, your soldiers, they will fight for you. Do not let their lives go to waste.” His breathing slowed, and his eyes began to close. “You have the power to win. Fear no enemy.” His eyes closed, and his breathing disappeared.

In that moment, Aladdin felt a loss in a way he had not in a long time. Not since he lost Jasmine. He climbed back up to his feet and stood tall against the enemy. Slowly he mad his way forward to enemy lines. On the other side, Jafar walked up as well

“I’m done waiting, Jafar. No more hiding. I won’t allow you to exist any longer.” Aladdin drew his sword as Jafar fashioned one from thin air. The blade was an ominous shadowy black with a blood red grip.

Jafar sprinted forward at an incredible speed and mad a powerful slash with his sword. Aladdin hardly had time to react, and get his sword up to block. Quickly Aladdin countered with his own set of attacks, each blocked or dodged with relative ease.

Aladdin’s anger continued to build up as he swung more ferociously, but his skill seemed to disappear more and more with every slice. Aladdin grew tired with every attack, weakening, and moving even slower. Finally he was forced to stop and catch his breathe.

“Pitiful,” Jafar scoffed as he returned to a relaxed position. “That was even worse than I had anticipated, which is quite surprising considering how low my expectations were to begin with.” Jafar spit on Aladdin as Aladdin tried his best to regain his stamina. Behind Jafar one of Aladdin’s soldiers ran up to Jafar and swung his sword only to be stopped by Jafar’s weapon. Jafar flipped his sword around while the man looked on in horror. Jafar’s dark sword slid into the chest of the soldier seamlessly, killing him instantly. “This kill will be most enjoyable.”

“I’ll kill you!” Aladdin screamed desperately.

Jafar swung with everything he had with his monstrous sword. Aladdin raised his sword to block, taking the full force of the impact to his weapon. The deafening crack of metal filled the air around them, and Aladdin fell to his back. His sword dropped to the ground, split nearly halfway through.

“You see now, that you are weak. You could have never put up a fight. I am superior in every way,” Jafar said with a voice that burned more painfully than the blazing sand beneath them. “Give Jasmine my regards, street rat.” Jafar raised his sword, prepared to stab Aladdin in heart, and finish him… forever. The sword descended upon Aladdin as he desperately tried to move, but to no avail. He shut his eyes tight prepared to take the attack, but nothing came.

Aladdin slowly opened his eyes to see a mass of blue, and Jafar’s sword mere inches from his face. Aladdin jumped up to his feet, and watched Genie fall to the ground in front of him, the blade just barely missing his heart.

“No… no not him… Not him too…” Aladdin dropped into the sand next to Genie. “Y-you didn’t have to… You weren’t supposed to die, not for me,” Aladdin whispered with tears in his eyes.

“You’re right. I didn’t have to,” Genie coughed. The words did not come easy, and he had to force them out. “But that’s never a reason not to. People are remembered not because they only act when told to act, and only ever do what they are told to do. People are remembered for sacrifices they make, and what they give for others. I know you have the potential to be stronger than me, stronger than Jafar. You just need a push.”

He raised his hand slightly off the ground; focusing whatever energy he could hold creating a sword. The blade was similar to that of Jafar’s however instead of the sinister black it was a radiating, clear blue. Aladdin looked into Genie’s eyes watching them fade slowly, every moment more painful than the next. Soon his life and body faded into the wind.

Continue Reading