After The Always - Sequel to...

By MidnightSnow1

(If you haven't read The One and Only Real please read that before this) We all know that the end of Mocking... More

After The Always - Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chaper 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
SEQUEL NEWS!!
Thank You

Chapter 2

10.8K 249 16
By MidnightSnow1

Katniss' POV

I wake up with bright light flooding into the room and my eyes.
A new day and a new life has begun.

I turn my head to face Peeta on my left. My husband.
I still can't believe he is he my husband. That yesterday was the day I became a Mellark. The day that I became united with him forever.

He is sound asleep. The daylight like black in his vision. I smile as I admire his appearance in his sleep.
To me, he seems so fragile. That one touch could break him. With my thought connecting to my hand signals, I carefully lift my arm from resting on his wrapped firmly around my waist. I move my hand to slowly and gently remove falling curls of his blonde hair that hang close to his eyes.
Once I'm happy with the position those curls in, I try my best to lean forward as far as I can and give him a light peck on his nose.
His faces crinkles, from a slight tickle possibly, and softened again. His arm around my waist moved, I realised he was waking up.

Just for the fun of it, I pretended I was still asleep on his arm. He carefully stretches and makes the faint noise you do sometimes when stretching and relaxes again. His arm from my waist moves and I no longer feel it but that hand ends up moving away hair falling over my face.

"Katniss?" Peeta murmurs into my ear quietly and softly and I know I should open my eyes.

I slowly open then and blink a few times, for effect, and then look up at my now awake husband.

"Hey." I murmur before he kisses me on the lips.

"Ready to go on our little honeymoon?" I nod at him with a smile.

We haven't decided to do something big for our honeymoon. We aren't going to another district for a week. Even though it may seem like a holiday job, we decided we will spend a week at the lake and furnish the old house. For future events.
I thought it was a nice idea. So did Peeta. So we went with it.

Both of us sit up in the bed, basically at the same time. We chuckle before I fall back on the bed.

"Ugh. I don't want to get up." I playfully complain.

"Well, I'll just have to take you then." Peeta, standing by the bed, scoops me into his arms.

I let out a squeal, as I did not see that coming. But it ends with a laugh.
Still both nearly naked, Peeta takes us downstairs and sets me in a chair at our table in the kitchen.

"Peeta." I whine. "You could have let me put something else on." I gesture to Peeta, running my hand up and down beside me.

Peeta rolls his eyes for fun. "Oh fine, put something on but be quick."

I stand up and turn, about to leave the room when Peeta stops me. I turn back around and look partly annoyed at him.

"What Peeta?" Peeta just stares at my body. He stares a bit longer than my liking.
"Take a picture it lasts longer." I say and hear Peeta chuckle.

I turn and run upstairs to put something on me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 206 17
My own Mockingjay post book Katniss has been slowly losing herself. Along with a lot of people after the war. She isolates herself and neglects every...
12.6K 234 41
This Story takes place after mocking jay, but before the epilogue. Its the story of how Peeta and Katniss grew back together after the war. I will t...
218K 4K 34
Second part in my trilogy. Sequel to After Mockingjay. Continuing the lives of Peeta and Katniss. After many struggles already been in their life and...
229K 6.7K 114
The Victory Tour? Over. The Quarter Quell? Over. Katniss's life? Over, as far as Peeta knows. Sure, the games may be over for Katniss and Peeta, but...