My Neighbor

By Neffy1996

He wanted Sex. He always got it. She had an obsession with him, but hated him for it. Landon Robinson was a... More

My Neighbor
Chapter 1: A is for Asshole
Chapter 2: Morning After Sex
Chapter 3: Dirty Little Secret
Chapter 4: Sweet Addiction
Chapter 5: The Signs of Addiction
Chapter 6: Jealous
Chapter 7: Unexpected Confessions and Rejections
Chapter 8: Problem
Chapter 9: Withdrawls
Chapter 10: nEXt
Chapter 11: Oddly into You
Chapter 12: Lust and Other Drugs
Chapter 13: Playing with Fire
Chapter 15: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 16: Date Night
Chapter 17: The L Word
Chapter 18: The B Word
Chapter 19: Landon's Choice
Chapter 20: Official
Chapter 21: Apology
Chapter 22: New Flame
Chapter 23: Summertime Past-ness
Chapter 24: DEAR LANDON
Chapter 25: Love Actually
Chapter 24: Love me like you do
Chapter 25: Ghosts
Chapter 26:The Sun
Chapter 27: Dreams
Chapter 28: Decisions
Chapter 29: Dirty Little Secrets
Chapter 30: Prom Night
Chapter 31: Infinity x Infinity

Chapter 14: Sweet Nothings

11.4K 349 50
By Neffy1996

"Okay, I have Frozen, Lego Movie and a bootleg copy of The Fault in our Stars?" I say holding up the DVDs so that Alyssa could see them.

"A bootleg?" she questions, cocking one of her brows

"We went to see it the other day and I liked it so much he said he'd get it for me so he found some guy and he sold him a bootleg copy.  He's super sweet isn't he?" I laugh and take a seat beside her before kicking my feet up and placing them on top of the coffee table in my living room.  I knew that if my mom was home she would probably pull out her belt and threaten to 'whoop my ass' if I didn't take my feet off the coffee table, but luckily for me she wasn't home.  Alyssa was having guy problems so I invited her over for a girl's night.

"Very," she remarked drily and glared down at the icecream in the container she held before she dug a spoon into it and placed the spoon in her mouth.

"Are you ready to talk about it?" I ask, peeking over at her.  

"No, not yet. Give me a few more minutes."  I nod and watch her as she continued to spoon large amounts of ice cream into her mouth.  

"Do you know what movie you want to watch?"

She shrugged, "Pick whatever. Actually let's watch that bootleg."

"Okay, whatever you want."  I give her a smile, which was not returned.  I stood from the couch and went to the DVD player to place the disc inside.  Before I could retake my seat the doorbell stopped me.  I walk out of the living room and to the front door.

"Who is it?" I call, peeking out of the peephole.

"Your bae," Landon called back.  I open the door and smile at him, before my smile turns into a frown. "What's with the frown?  Not happy to see me?"

"Actually... yeah, but no at the same time," I say.

"Can I have a definite answer please?" He gives me a bored look.  I open my mouth to respond, but Alyssa comes up behind me asking me who was at the door. 

"Oh hey Landon," she grumbles and walks away from the door slumped over.

"What's up with her?" Landon asks, staring after her curiously.

"Boy problems.  We're having a girl's night out so we can talk and stuff, but so far it's just been ice cream and moping," I explain.  

"Maybe I can cheer her up," he suggests.

"Landon, I don't think so.  If I can't get her to talk what makes you think that you can get her to talk?" I cross my arms over my chest and lean against the door hinge all while staring at him amused.

"I'm a guy I understand guys, duh.  Just step aside please." He moved pass me leaving me at the front door alone.  Rolling my eyes, I turn around and shut the door behind me, before I follow him into the living room where Alyssa sat pouting and watching the beginning of The Fault in Our Stars.

She looked over at us, her eyes focusing mainly on Landon.  "I thought it was a girl's night out?" She surmised.

"Landon insisted that you and he talk," I tell her, walking over towards the couch where she was sitting.  I took the seat next to her and looked over at Landon expectedly.

He took the seat on the other side of her and we all sat there in silence for a while.

"You know he broke up with me because he wants to get married now," Alyssa blurts finally.

"He wants to get married? How old is this dude?" 

"Nineteen, he graduated last year," Alyssa says.

"Is he in the military?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"Because it's some unspoken rule that guys in the military get married at young ages.  I know so many people that are in the military and they get married at like 18 and 19,"Landon explains.

"So I should marry him?" She cocked both of her brows confused.

"Is that what you want?"

"I'm really young.  I just think if we really want to do this we should at least wait until I graduate highschool."

"Well don't let him pressure you into something you don't want to do Lys."

"Yeah, but I love him."  She began to sob, burying her face into Landon's shirt.  He reared back slightly surprised, before his eyes darted to mine.  I shrugged and watch as he gingerly lifted his hand and patted her back in a somewhat soothing manner.

"Yeah, and if he loves you he'll wait until you're both ready."

"You're right.  Thanks."  She lifted her face, sniffling back the tears.  Landon gave her a smile and looked over at me. 

"Well I should go and leave you two to your girl's night," He says, attempting to stand up, but Alyssa holds him down.

"No, stay.  I'm going to go call my boyfriend.  Keep Kayla Company," she suggests, before hopping out of her seat and dashing up the stairs.  Landon and I both watch in amazement at her speed, before we turn to one another and smile.

"Thank you Landon," I say and he scoots over closer to me.

"No problem."  Automatically my eyes dart down to his succulent lips and I mindlessly lick my own.  He must've noticed the movement because he chuckled.

"You're so cute," he teased, moving even closer until he was up against me. "Although it's a girl's night and I'm definitely not a girl can I stay over?"

"Sure, but no funny business.  I don't want Lys to feel like a third wheel," I respond.

"Of course, but while she's on the phone with her boyfriend can I try something funny?"

"A kiss.  You can have a kiss," I answer.

"Awww," he pouts disappointed. "A kiss will not suffice."

"And why not?"

"Because once I kiss you I may not be able to stop," he whispers huskily.  Involuntarily I shiver only for him to notice and smirk at his achievement.

"Something tells me you feel the same way," he continued, and lowered his head to kiss me, but I turn my head.

"We've been celibate for two weeks.  Don't you think we can go a little longer?"

"For right now, but as soon as Alyssa leaves no." He smiled and lifts his head; he turned to the television and reached for one of the bags of chips on the coffee table. "This is my favorite part."

I watch the side of his face as he watched the movie, his facial expression was blank, but you could see the different emotions in his eyes.  They seemed replete with lust, but somewhat interested in the movie.

"Are you gonna watch the nice bootleg I bought for you.  Feels like we're in the movie theatre," he chuckled.

"You're so silly," I say shaking my head.

Finally Alyssa walks back down the stairs and over to us.  She took a seat at the other end of the couch and stared off towards the entrance.

"Hey, expecting someone?" I ask, catching her attention.

"No...yes.  I'm about to leave?"

"With wh –"I stopped short, realizing she was talking about her boyfriend.

"Yeah, he apologized and agreed on waiting and now he's going to take me out for dinner.  He's the best."  She hopped off the couch and went into the kitchen once again leaving us alone. 

"Well looks like 'The Amazing Landon' saves the day again."  He smirks cockily and his arms slides onto my shoulder.

I roll my eyes at him, before shrugging my shoulders in an attempt to remove his arm from around my shoulder. "I'm going to go get some popcorn," I comment, and then stand prepared to go to the kitchen, but Landon stops me and grabs my hand.

"I'll go with you," he offers, dragging behind me as I walked into the kitchen. Alyssa had somehow disappeared, but I was unphased by it. I let go of his hand and walk over to the cabinet so that I could grab the box that contained the popcorn. "Damn," I hear him mutter under his breath. 

I turn around and glare at him. "What?" I question quirking a brow in inquiry.

"Nothing, is that extra butter?" His eyes dart to the box of popcorn in my hands in an effort to change the subject.  Giving up on questioning him I turn back to the counter and popped open the microwave, placing the bag of popcorn in and closing the microwave door. 

"You'll just have to find out," I say, turning back towards him.  He had hopped on the kitchen's island and was watching me with interest in his eyes. "Landon don't look at me like that."

"And why not?" He cocked both his brows waiting for me to answer his question.

"Because it makes me feel weird," I admit, my eyes flickering away from his to stare at the smooth white tiles that lined the floor.

He doesn't respond immediately instead he hopped off the counter and approached me where I stood only to crowd my space and cage me against the counter, pressing his hands to the edge of the counter on either sides of me.  "Why would me staring at you make you feel weird?"

"Because it just does.  Does there have to be a reason why?"

He took a deep breath and exhaled audibly just before he dropped his head to my shoulder to press his lips there. "I don't want to make you feel weird Kayla," He mumbled into my shoulder. He pressed a kiss there and then lifted his head so that his eyes could meet mine.  "I just want to make you feel happy."

"See that makes me feel weird too," I whisper as my eyes searched his in an effort to define this weird feeling. 

"In good way or a bad way?"

"It feels nice to feel this way so good I suppose."

He smiled down at me. "Good," he says surprising me. 

"I think I might like you more than I intended to," I murmur.  He cupped my face and we share some significant moment.

"And I think I might be falling for you, Kayla.  Isn't that a Conundrum?"

"Dido," I reply. "There's that funny feeling again."  I laugh lightly and he chuckles softly.  The sound of the microwave going off brought us both out of the momentary daze we were in.

"Popcorns done," he says, drawing my attention back to his face.

"Fuck the popcorn," I growl, cupping both of his cheeks and pulling his face down to mine so that I could kiss him.  Our kisses were never calm, simple or quaint.  They were fiery, passionate, and full of desire.  Immediately I felt Landon's hands at my waist slowly inching up my shirt in hopes of unhooking my bra.  I pulled away only to knock my head against the cabinet. "Ouch," I hissed, pulling my hands away from his cheek and rubbing my head so that the pain could go away.

"Are you okay?" He asked, but began to laugh softly.

"I'm fine, let's just grab this damn popcorn," I grumble, pushing him away from me gently. I turn towards the microwave and take the popcorn out just as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me against him.

"How about we go see a movie instead," he suggests and I turn around and lean against the counter.

"Why?"

"Because honestly if I don't get out of this damn house I'm going to end up seducing you," he grunted, moving away from me.  Shrugging, I walk over to the trashcan and dropped the unopened bag of popcorn in it.

"You could've still ate that.  We probably could've snuck it in the movies," he tells me, before he walked out of the kitchen.  I followed behind him and walked into the living room where Alyssa was packing up her stuff to leave.

"I wish we could've spent more time together," I pout opening my arms to her.  She walked into my arms with an apologetic smile on her face.

"I'm sorry honey, I'm really trying to work this out with him.  He's outside.  I'll call you and tell you what happens later, "she tells me and then pulls away, slinging her Michael Kors' bag over her shoulder. She blew a kiss at me before she headed out of the living room.  Shortly after I heard the front door close.

Landon smiled over at me his hands digging into the pockets of his jeans. "You ready to go?" He asks, his gaze running down my body taking in my appearance.  I wasn't wearing anything cute, just a pair of jogging pants and one of his tshirts he had left over at my house.

"I should probably go change," I spoke, but he shook his head in disagreement.

"You look fine," He responded and held out his hand for me to take it. 

I took his hand and let him pull me towards the front door.  I had my house keys inside of my jogging pants pocket so I allowed him to drag me out of the house.

"What's playing in the theatres?"

"We could go see 22 Jumpstreet ," He suggest, looking over at me as we walked over to his yard where his car was parked.

"Alyssa and I went to see that yesterday.  Transformers is playing," I say.

"Sounds like a plan."

He opened the door for me and I got in, buckling myself in as he walked around to the driver's side. He got in and started the car, immediately reaching for the dial to the radio.

"My mom had my car this morning because she didn't have any gas in hers.  She also left her CD in my CD player.  So –"

"Oo let's listen to her music," I chimed in, popping his hand so he could move it out of the way.

He pulled his hand back, his face contorted in an annoyed expression. "Really, Kayla?"

"Yes."  I turn the dial up and smile when Brown Eyes by Beyonce begins to play.  "Please, tell me Landon, is this CD full of Beyonce?"

"No," He replies much to my disappointment.

"Oh," I sulk. "Well we can listen to Brown Eyes and then I want to play my music."  I bat my eyes at him and poke my lips out.

"God, you are such a child.  Yes, you can play your music," He approved and I clap giddily.

Suddenly realization dawns on me.  "Landon you're being really odd.  You haven't had sex in three weeks, you have been the nicest you've ever been and you've let me mess with your radio and you hate when I mess with your radio.  I'm starting to think celibacy is good for you."

"Do you want me to change my mind?  Stop talking such foolishness," he grumbles, glancing over at me with a look of distraught.

"Sorry," I giggle as the song ends.  I quickly plug my phone into his AUX plug and scroll through my music.  "And Music is our thing.  I swear that every time I'm with you we bond over music."

"That could be true," He shrugs.

I stop at 19 you and me by Dan and Shay and sit my phone down.  "It was our first week at Myrtle Beach where it all began, it was 102 with nothing to do, man it was hot, so we jumped in," I sing, closing my eyes briefly.

I could hear Landon humming along with the song and my eyes snapped open. "Landon you like country music?"

"Not particularly, but once you hear a song so much you start to take a liking to it," he explains.

I nod, picking my phone back up.  "Okay, so how do you feel about Sam Smith?" I ask not looking up from my phone.

"I like Sam Smith.  Have you ever heard Leave –"

"Your lover! I love that song Landon!" I exclaim smiling like a child.

He chuckled. "It's one of my favorite songs by him."

"It's so pretty, let's listen to it!"  Before he could respond I clicked on the song and it began to play. "I don't have much to give, but I don't care for gold.  What use is money when you need someone to hold?" I glance over at Landon to see him glancing over at me. "What?" I ask.

"You have such a pretty voice," He confesses causing my cheeks to turn red.

"Thanks," I say and glance out of the window.  

"Continue singing, please?" He turned back to the road placed his hand on my thigh.  "I really like it when you sing."

"Okay."  I smile.  "You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call his name," I sing, leaning against the headrest and closing my eyes as I got into the song, "Pack up and leave everything, don't you see what I can bring.  Can't keep this beating heart at bay.  Set my midnight sorrow free, I will give you all of me just leave your lover, leave him for me."

When I opened my eyes we were parked in a parking space at the movie theatre and Landon was turned in his seat watching me.

"Seriously that's creepy," I tease, but instead of a smart comment he chuckled and pulled his key out of the ignition.

"We can go get some ice cream after the movie," He says, opening his car door.

What was going on with him?  Where was that smart ass that I had grown so fond of?

I got out of the car before he could come around and open the door for me.  I rounded the car and met him on the otherside where I took his hand in mine.  

"Sounds like fun, but it's gotten cold Landon.  We can go to Joe Muggs and get some hot chocolate," I suggest instead.

"Oh yeah I had forgotten.  The weather is so bipolar that it's getting hard to keep up with it," He stated.

"Yeah that's true."  We bought our tickets and entered the theatre.                                                                                                    ***

Landon paid for both of our hot chocolates and we took a seat at one of the many round tables that littered the small café inside of books-a-million.

"So Landon what are we going to do about our parents?" I ask, peeking over at him as I stirred my hot chocolate with my straw.

"Nothing?" He replied confused.

"My mom wants to go condom shopping with you," I retort.

"Eh, okay we have a problem."

"My mom is being really weird about all of this."

"Yeah, agreed. My mom is practically planning out our wedding."  He takes a sip of his hot chocolate and looked over at me.

"Maybe we should have like a dinner or something?"

"Have both of our mothers in one room?"  His brows crease slightly as he stares at me incredulously.

"Yeah so we can talk to them about the whole thing."

"I guess that sounds like a good idea..." He trailed off. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yeah."

He looked down at his cup, gripping it in his hand tighter. "My dad called me and we talked about things and he said that he'd drop the custody battle if I would come live with him next semester," he proclaimed.  "Should I do it?  It'll only be next semester and then my mom won't be under so much stress and she wouldn't have to worry about losing me."

I bit my lip unsure of what to say.  I could say yes, but I didn't want him to go. "Landon...I don't know if I should be giving you advice on this," I decided.

"Yeah, but the thing is Kayla I think I'm going to go. It's only for a semester and I'll be back in May."

I reared back a little surprised and a little sad.  "You're going to leave Landon?"  Was that why he was being so sweet to me?  He was trying to find a way to break the news to me.

"I don't know yet, but I think it'll be nice to spend time with my dad.  I know he's not the greatest father, but I would like to at least be able to say I know the dude.  Besides I think my mom could use a break from me."

"What if your mom says no to you staying there for the semester?"

"She'll do whatever makes me happy and if she feels this will make me happy she'll let me go. "

"But Landon –"

"I haven't thought it all the way through, but Kayla it wouldn't be the end of the world.  I'll be back for our senior year."

"But what about us Landon?  I'm not calling you unfaithful or anything, but you've barely made it three weeks without sex, how can –"

"Do you trust me?"

"Yeah...yeah of course I do, but –"

"Then we will be fine," he promises and reaches across the table to take my hand in his.  He gives me a reassuring smile.

I sure hoped he was right.

You guys check out my new story Unthinkable!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 2.6K 54
Malia Carter is a 17 year old girl who lives in California and goes to Jamison high. But Malia's different from her family there all nice and sweet b...
251K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
5K 149 26
AUG. 2015~ MARCH 2016 WARNING: Super cliché and I made this when I was 15, don't judge. Meet Leah Hunter, straight A student, she's on the school's v...
332K 9.3K 26
For Cassidy Richards, nothing's been going right. Her parents died in a plane crash her freshman year. Though she gained a boyfriend, he left her not...