The Apprentice

By Mira-Image

What if Robin stays Slade's apprentice? What if the Titans don't find the nano-bugs? Robin is alone. No one c... More

Titans Fall
Blood Boils
Family Reunion
The Bat Cries Out
Time to Lose
Bonds Tied Tight
The Master Watches
The Mission Begins
Friend or Foe?
Train of Thought
The Humble Security Guard's Lullaby
Success
The Corrupted Son
Welcome Home
Hard To Breathe
Last Hope
Finding The Right People
Together
Nothing's Changed
Justify
Take the Fall
Why So Serious?
Sound Sleeper
Guess Who?
Make an Entrance
Hear Him Out
Persistent
It All Makes Sense

While the Apprentice Thinks

2K 84 15
By Mira-Image

Robin takes the hour Slade gave him to think. Hard.

How can he shut down the nano bugs?

I could try and access them from Slade's supercomputer, but to do that I'd have to get Slade out of the way, through the firewalls and through every puzzle. The challenge just might be too great.

Would an EMP work? Only temporarily. I'll set that idea aside to possibly compliment another plan.

Better think of the situation more than the solution.

Anything I do will be seen and heard by Slade. I'll constantly be tracked by GPS. How can I do anything when my plans will end before they've even begun?

Robin takes a deep breath to calm himself. One thing at a time.

Cameras. Start with the cameras. They are the ultimate restraint. How can I take out the cameras without Slade getting suspicious?

He can still hear Batman's exasperated voice. "Robin!"

I'm sorry, Bruce. He thinks to himself. Suddenly, he gets excited. His body almost betrays it, but he manages at the last second to stay still. The one place Robin can't be seen is in the...

Bat cave. No one, not even Slade, can hack into the Bat cave's cameras. That's where I'll go. Now to think of how...

I can't just leave whenever I want, but I'll let myself get captured more easily the next time Batman shows up. It's my best chance.

He checks the time. 1 am. Is the hour gone already? He gets up and rushes out of his room to train.

The training goes on until 6 am, then Robin feasts on surprisingly good food. He wonders where Slade got it, and continues to train alone until 9 am. Little does Slade know, every punching bag has his face on it — scratch that, Slade probably does know.

At 9 am, Robin's punches miss their target. The weights he lifts come crashing down on him. He's forced to call it a day. He showers (carefully, because odds are there are cameras in there too), and falls asleep as soon as he hits the pillow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 343 18
🎉*Completed*🎊 Robin is known as the leader of the teen titans but as a lately things have been getting to much for him. Most of his team likes to p...
2.7K 80 28
Bruce Wayne left nine months ago on a mission. The issue with magic portals is they generally don't give prompt time frames for the return journey. B...
68.8K 694 11
Aurora King planned on protecting Central City not training a new Robin. With Central City without a Flash, Aurora steps up. But when she receives a...
27.3K 911 18
Instead of being adopted by Bruce Wayne, young Richard Grayson stumbles upon Slade Wilson aka DeathStroke who took him in. Slade taught him how to fi...