Dreaming On - Kuroko no Basket

By royal_purple153

First place winner in the KnB_WattyAwards2014 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Being a girl wh... More

Coming Soon in 2014
┆1┆Recruitment Begins┆
┆2┆Surprise Us, Masami┆
┆3 ┆Broken Promise┆
┆4┆I'm a Boy?┆
┆5┆First Step to Victory┆
┆6┆My Promise to You┆
┆7┆Jinxed┆
┆8┆Identity Revealed┆
┆9┆Resolution┆
┆10┆Three Weeks Left┆
┆11┆Seirin vs Shinkyo┆
┆12┆Seirin vs Seiho┆
Seirin vs Shutoku - Fight!
Dinner with 3 GoMs
Commence the Training!
Against a Monster
Determination
Leaving it to Fate
~Notice~
Recovering
Iron Hearts to the Squared
Try Harder
Author's Note: Poll Time!
Overcoming the Barrier
I Don't Want To Go Home
Crushed in More than One Ways
Unnaturally Exposed
How to be a Girl
Caught in the Act
V is for Vendetta
In It to Win
Old Friends, New Enemies
Going Against Yosen
Just the Beginning
Bitterness
Being Free
Instability
Confrontation
Path to Destruction
To Protect Them All
Power House
Declaration of War
Back to America
New Kid on the Block
In All Seriousness
For the First Time
Following the Path
Run-In With Regret
Doing It
Going Home
Encountering Trouble
The Struggling Shadow
Head-On
┆53┆Rebound┆
┆54┆Breathless┆
┆55┆End Zone┆
┆56┆The Kissing Fiend┆

Confessions of a Cross-Dresser

10.4K 462 81
By royal_purple153

A/N: Sorry that I've been gone for quite a while! You see, I'm back in my home country of Taiwan, and I don't have internet. No wifi. Nothing. I'm borrowing my relative's friend's iPad which has a hotspot thing on it, and I'm lucky enough to have it for this week. So I've decided to upload a chapter while I can haha. So read up, review, and vote!

AND HOORAY! "Dreaming On" won 1st in the KnB Watty! Thanks to everyone who voted! It was a tough competition, but thanks for everyone's support! Kyaaa! I spent the entire day squealing and jumping around with excitement :)

Dedicated to kandykane125 for the latest follow! 

--------------------------------

            I panted lightly, trying to catch my breath as I stood outside the gym doors of Kaijo High. I had skipped practice after school and Riko chased me when she found out that I was going to visit Kise and Kasamatsu. I straightened up my posture and smoothed my wind-tossed hair before pushing the gym doors open. I was greeted by the sounds of sneakers squeaking against the smooth floor, the thuds of the basketball, and the shouts. No one had noticed me yet, so I made my way towards the unoccupied bleachers.

            “Oh! A beautiful maiden!” I stopped in my journey and glanced up to see Moriyama-sempai waved enthusiastically at me. I hesitantly lifted my hand up in a meek wave, seeing how Moriyama was going to get a kick from Kasamatsu.

            “Oi!” Kasamatsu shouted, running towards Moriyama. I sighed, already knowing what was going to happen. Kasamatsu flew into a flying side-kick, hitting Moriyama square in the back. “Stop flirting with girls!”

            “Ka-sa-ma-tsu!” I hollered, waving my hand. By then, everyone in the gym looked up, watching me. I grinned when I observed a light tinge of pink settling across the sempai’s cheeks.

            “W-what are you d-doing here?!”

            “Masamicchi!” Kise’s loud voice interrupted. The blond player was running towards me with his arms outstretched. I neatly side-stepped, avoiding his attempt at hugging me. I watched amusedly as he tripped over my foot and was sent sprawling to the side. Laughter was heard rumbling through the gym and I smirked down at Kise.

            He looked up with tears in the corners of his golden eyes. “Masamicchi!” He wailed loudly. “Why did you do that?” I sighed irritably, pinching the bridge of my nose.

            “That’s for not keeping my secret, you kinpatsu baka,” I scoffed. “By the way, where’s Aomine today? I need to talk to him and Momoi-san.” Kise immediately brightened up, clambering up from the floor to grab my hand.

            “Sempai! I’m going to take Masamicchi to Aominecchi! Excuse us!” Kise dragged me out the gym door. We could hear Kasamatsu yelling profanities at Kise.

-------------------------------  

            “Aominecchi! Momoicchi!” I leaned away from Kise’s loud voice. A second later, the busty pink-haired girl leaned over the edge of the school roof. Kise waved up at her happily. “Can you get Aominecchi, please? My friend wants to talk to him about something!” Momoi’s pink eyes slid over to me and grinned widely.

            “Of course! Let me get Dai-chan!” Her head disappeared. I sighed, straightening my school uniform.

            “So, Masamicchi,” Kise drawled, gaining my attention. “What do you plan on asking Aominecchi?”

            “I’m going to get him to keep his mouth shut about my secret,” I replied back in a ‘duh’ tone of voice. Kise smacked his forehead lightly, dragging his hand down.

            “And how to plan on doing that? Aominecchi doesn’t –”

            “Oi, Satsuki, this girl has better be worth my time. Otherwise, you’re going to pay for waking me up.” The familiar baritone voice rumbled.

            “She’s with Kise-kun right now! Come on, Dai-chan! She’s reaaaaaally pretty!” Momoi’s squeal was heard. I tapped my foot impatiently as Kise and I stood outside the school gates. Not a moment too late, the tanned giant stood in front me.

            A smirk appeared on his face as he scanned over me from head to toe.

            “Not bad,” he mused.

            “Aominecchi! This is Masamicchi; you’ve already met her,” Kise introduced. Confusion was visible in Aomine’s eyes.

            “We met yesterday, after Inter-High,” I prompted. No recognition. “You know, the boy with dark pink hair wearing a red wig?”

            “Oh! Wait, you’re the boy?” Skepticism was heard in his voice.

            “Oh! You’re Fujioka Masa, ne?” Momoi squealed excitedly. “I can’t believe you’re actually a girl!” Then tears began to pour out of her eyes as she wailed. “I can’t believe you’re a girl! Wahhh! The only cute guy I found turned out to be a girl!”

            “A-ah! Momoicchi! What about me?” Kise immediately tried to comfort the other female, leaving Aomine and I to deck it out.

            “So, what do you want?” Aomine smirked.

            “I want you to keep what you saw yesterday to yourself.”

            “What happens if I tell others?”

            “Then I’ll kick your ass to the other world,” I growled out. “Don’t you dare take basketball away from me. I had to go through so many obstacles just to be able to play – I even have to dress as a boy just to be able to play on the damn court. I won’t let anyone stand in my way, because I aim to be the best. I’m going to win the Winter Cup.”

            Aomine looked at me, stunned beyond words. He quickly regained his composure and grinned. “I won’t tell anyone on one condition.”

            “Name it.”

            He leaned in closer to me, breathing lightly on my ear. “Play with me.”

            I jerked backwards, away from him. P-play with him?! Does he even know what that means?! “A-and by play, you mean…basketball?”

            Aomine grinned down at me. “Of course, unless you thought that meant something else,” he leered. I felt myself blush lightly before my shyness turned into a scowl.

            “The hell? Who do you think you are, you aho?” I sneered back at him. His grin only became wider.

            “Tomorrow afterschool. I’ll be waiting in the gym.” He turned around, throwing a last glance at me before heading back to school. “Satuski.” Immediately, she scampered over to Aomine, following him.

            “Bye Kise-kun! Bye Masami-chan!”

--------------------------------

            I stood in front of the gym doors, feeling slightly nervous. How embarrassing would it be if I lose to him after my grand speech yesterday? I’ll just have to do my best! I smoothed the wrinkles in my basketball shorts and pushed the doors open and walked in.

            “Yo.”

            I looked around and found Aomine lying down on the stage in the gym. I headed in his direction and ignored his teammates’ stares and whispers. Aomine stood up, jumping down. I felt the ground shudder underneath his feet. He already had a basketball in his hands, spinning it on a finger.

            “Let’s play.”

------------------------------------

            I ran with the ball down the court, barely avoiding Aomine’s outstretched hand. Duck! I ducked beneath his hand and swerved around him. I saw him coming at me from the left from the corner of my eyes. Switch to the right, side-step to the right, hop backwards with push from right leg, push off left and go around Aomine. Drive towards basket! Aomine grunted in surprise and hurriedly chased after me, but I already had a head start on him.

            I sprinted faster while dribbling the ball and decided to take a leap of faith. I jumped, pushing off with my right foot, bringing both feet closer to my body, giving me a higher leap. I angled my body downwards, to reach the basket faster – Aomine was just about to jump up to defend the basket.

            Aomine jumped up and my eyes widened before narrowing into a sly manner. I gripped the ball tighter and snaked my right arm behind me. As I descended closer, I released the ball, throwing it towards the net. Aomine’s eyes widened in disbelief.

             He landed harshly on the floor, causing the gym floor to shake. I soon followed him, landing in a cabriole [A/N: a ballet position of jumping and landing on the same foot]. The ball bounced on the floor before slowing to a roll. Our audience in the gym was deathly silent.

            “Y-you got a basket? On Dai-chan?” Momoi breathed in disbelief. I turned around, cocking an eyebrow at her.

            “Of course.” I turned to face the silent giant. “Now, you have to keep it as a promise.” I walked forward, stopping next to him, before whispering, “You can’t take my dream away from me.” Just as I reached the exit, Aomine’s voice shouted out, “Oi! Come back tomorrow! And dress nice!”

            In response, I threw a hand up in the air. Pfft… dress nice? Don’t I always? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 1.4K 26
One day, Seirin realizes Kuroko's strange behavior. Kuroko comes day after day to practice, harboring more injuries than before. Is Kuroko holding a...
10.9K 479 15
This is Kuroko Tetsuya, number 11 of Seirin's Basketball club. He is very loving "I don't love you the same way," And Caring "Oh, his poor brain cell...
120K 3K 16
First Kuroko no Basket fanfic o.o Tetsuya's sister has come to him after 3 years apart. Of course he's older than her. She goes to Yosen but is alway...
113K 3.2K 23
[First Place in the category of Kise Ryota on Kuroko no Basket Watty Awards~ THANKS FOR ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORTED THIS.] Konaru Ren, who is a girl that...