Trollhunters: The Short Stori...

By TheWonderland04

Short stories of a very underrated show. Please enjoy and feel free to request! You will find while reading:... More

Table of Contents
His Hidden Talent
You're More Than My Trainer
Let Us Take Care Of You
To Catch A .... Trollhunter? | Part 1
To Catch A Trollhunter? Part 2
Tainted Lullabies

A Lover's Sacrifice

2.2K 43 19
By TheWonderland04

Author's Note: 

BEFORE WE START THIS ONE-SHOT!

So, this idea, like many other ideas just randomly pop into my head for the show Trollhunters.

This One-shot might suck BEWARE!

BUTTTTTT! This one-shot is just a simple, quick moving, and sucky chapter

IT JUST DESCRIBES CLAIRE'S THOUGHTS AND ACTIONS

REQUESTS WILL BE FINISHED SOON!

《 °•o0o•° 》

Summary: Claire decides to sacrifice a certain something for a certain someone

Characters: Claire, Jim

Rating: K

《 °•o0o•° 》

Claire had always been stubborn, especially when it came to Jim. Ever since she had been forced to spend time with the rare, exquisite character, her protectiveness had grown and wouldn't conclude. He had become such an immense part of her life and just letting him go was never an option. Oh, if she had to let him go... She had developed so many different emotions because of who he was. The boy constantly reached out to a part of her that had been buried beneath the popularity and pulled that side free from the chains that held it in place so it never escaped. She had never smiled like she had with Jim, never with her parents, - mostly because they had always been trying to joke about something completely boring - never with her friends, never with anybody. Somehow, a simple boy that she hadn't know for more than half her life had caused her to smile like nobody was watching and there would be nobody to judge her when she did.

He would never criticize her. In fact, he was an incredibly rare being surrounded by such plain things. He was like the shiniest piece of gold in a patch of silver. Why everything about him could never have a price on such a rare quality. His laugh, that one sound that had caused butterflies in her stomach, it was a sweet melody that she wished to replay every second of her days she spent with him, those light blue eyes that had caught her breath every time she had made contact with him, the way they caught the sun and sparkled, that vast heart that would never stop beating for the lives of others.

Yeah, he was defiantly the shiniest piece of gold nobody could ever find in a million years.

In fact, even before she knew his secret, she would do anything to make sure Steve had never laid a hand on Jim ever again. Claire would have laughed if someone told her she'd end up falling in love with the boy, but look where she was now. She couldn't leave Jim's side. Not just because they needed her in the Trollhunting business, no, even a day without his perky attitude and nervousness that had always managed Claire to let out a giggle was nothing to live for. That was until he trashed her house - actually, to save her brother and figure out the situation of Changelings at hand - but her anger had barely bubbled once she saw him. What even struck her deep within the heart and pulled at her love strings was when he received the main role once more, he had asked for her forgiveness through the lines of Romeo and threw off the entire rehearsal. The boy was definitely a one of a kind.

Now, she would protect him from any harm. Of course, she had failed on several occasions to keep him from earning so many scrapes and bruises, but he had made his own decisions which she could not control. Yet, when he threw himself repeatedly in death's hands, she would follow in after him and make sure he had not earned any severe injuries, and if he had, Claire wouldn't think twice before heading into the enemy's reach head first. No one would hurt Jim, never.

Nevertheless, when she and Barbara had returned home with Strickler and Toby, only to find the house completely chaotic scene and Merlin stood around as if nothing had occurred, had caused Claire's anger to grow very rapidly. Merlin had hurt Jim but she could not find his figure in the house.

It even caused panic when Merlin responded to Barbara's worried, frantic question. He responded so calmly but the sentence he spoke was like a knife piercing at one's heart. Jim was making a grave choice, one they had not known of until they raced up the stairs and pounded at the door. The moment was utterly terrifying, he had not responded nor opened the door which caused the small group to break down the bathroom door, only to find a full tub with a black liquid shrinking into nothingness.

Jim was gone and Claire's heart had been in her throat. She had lost the only one that she'd love for the rest of her life.

Now, She had sat in the Lake's residence for hours, her mind twisting about her boyfriend who had suddenly disappeared and no one had no clue on if he had been okay or he was hurt. It killed Claire slowly inside, knowing she could have been here to protect him. He had done so much for her and the guilt would rise with every incident where she could keep him safe in her arms but she failed.

But soon her fears changed into worry when someone stumbled into the house and Barbara's cries had confirmed who had entered.

Jim. And he wasn't the same adorable young boy she had come (and still does) to love. Yet, no matter how he looked, he was her's and will always be.

In fact, he had morphed into a troll and Claire would be there for him especially when he had such a hard time to accept his new life. Nevertheless, one thought whirled in Claire's mind as she watched the back of James Lake Jr. rise and fall with every breath he had taken during his slumber.

He can't do this alone. Claire mentally said before glancing at Merlin who stood simply as Barbara tried to swing the broom, only resulting in Strickler holding it back. She had become less and less of a fan of Merlin as each moment passed. How could someone not be phased as they watched a family break because of his doings?

Claire's fists tightened before she stomped from out of the house and away from the disastrous event. A familiar list played within her memories, causing her to run quickly to a certain destination. There was something she had needed to do.

However, with her absence when Jim had awoken, his heart cracked into millions. After finding out that his own girlfriend had run from his home in the middle of his resting abyss, only for him to awake, finding that the one he wanted there the most, to make sure she would still love him of his new appearance, was nowhere. Claire had left and Jim had felt as if everything he and her have been through, was never real and his heart was used.

With no thought in his actions, Jim busted through the back door, ignoring the pleas of his family and friends who had been concerned for his wellbeing. However, with such strong hearing, Jim listened as the backdoor had creaked open and tons of feet had jumped onto the grass in a wild chase to catch the retreating Troll, Jim.

Merlin, however, stood still inside the Lake residence, watching out the glass pane finding his champion leave with such heartbreak. No emotion appeared on the old man's face and it was pretty ill-behaved. He had killed one soul and changed a life. He was risking someone else's life because he loathed the fact of risking his own life for the world. The man had changed someone's life and gave them no choice, but rampaged through their home and took everything, the future, the normal life, school, friends, everything just because he couldn't keep up.

That is what caused Claire to re-enter the home and stomp angrily over to the armored man.

"Listen here Merlin," Claire yelled, putting hate into his name. "You have no business coming in here and changing everything about someone when it isn't YOUR life!" The small teen screamed.

"I may have talked the Trollhunter into such a change, but I didn't force him. Besides, once his name had been called by my creation, means he is mine. If anything, you should be grateful for such a cause."

"How!? Why should I tell you to thank you for ruining my boyfriend's life!"

"If he hadn't, once he'd meet Gunmar and Morgana, the amount of force in that fight would kill him if he had stayed human." CLaire's eyes grew in realization. "You finally see what I mean. Now, with him being a troll means that he can survive especially Morgana's magic that would have killed him as a human. Tell me, would you rather see your boyfriend's life change and let him figure it out even if he suffers through it at first, or would you want to see him dead beneath Morgana and Gunmar? I chose him for a reason, out of every troll, human, and creature, he was my choice because I'd know he'd do anything for everyone and still survive through it."

Claire gathered herself before stepping closer to Merlin, taking in his speech. "Good. then you can do something for me and yes, everything is already prepared." Merlin simply raised an eyebrow.

Hours had passed, Jim and his friends returned home, still no sight of Claire and Jim's heart still cracking. However, Jim had confined himself within the walls of his room and ignored his mother and Toby, even Blinky and Aaarrrgghh who screamed for him to show himself and he can't go through this alone. Even with Blinky admitting to Jim that he was a son to him may have caused a heartbreaking sob to sound through the door but Jim still hadn't appeared.

Outside, Claire simply watched the Lake home, listening to Jim's cries. He was hurting, and here she was, hiding beneath the bushes, afraid to step out and run within the house. However, her feet had gained a mind of its own, those cries had let her feet take her where she needed to be, even if fear deliberately stepped in her way, trying to stop her but she couldn't.

Her hand gripped onto the door handle once she reached the porch and pushed the door wide open, her eyes caught sight of Jim's vast troll form tramping through the house in complete panic as Barbara had tried to calm him from his state.

"No, honey, she would never leave you." Barbara cried out as Jim had finally managed to argue back through his bedroom door. Their voices had carried, to where Claire stood, listening with a broken heart.

"I'm ugly! I can't give her kids, a normal life, I probably scared her. S-she ran off!" Claire listened closely, listening to his voice repeatedly crack. However, before she could fully step into the home, a small plump figure stood in front of her, his mouth agape as he now looked up at her.

The item he held had dropped to the floor.

"Toby, please, it was my-"

"No WAY! You look incredible!" Toby said, bouncing from foot to foot as he circled her. Claire instead of being in her normal clothing and skin she had been born with, now had dark purple skin and her flesh was now nothing but stone. The armor that Merlin had made her covered her body comfortably just like Jim's armor now covered her's. Her hair was no longer in the short length she last had it, now her smooth locks fell to her hips and the barrettes that held her hair into place was gone. Her hair flowed freely. She still had the same amount of fingers and eyes she had started with, but her fingers were stuck underneath the sharp finger guards she had on her armor.

Unlike Jim, she had no horns and no teeth stood out from her mouth, however, she had grown as tall as Jim had and looked as equally epic.

"I did this for Jim. I love him too much, he doesn't deserve to throw his life away while we still walk in ours. No, I can't leave him and my job is to protect him. Besides, Merlin and I had a talk while you dealt with Jim." Toby grinned at Claire's speech.

"Awww, relationship goals!" He squealed. "But I'd go upstairs, he thinks you left him because he isn't the same." Claire nodded and swiftly ran up the stairs. Whoa, she had become quicker as she ran but right now, discovering her new features was not needed to be thought of at the moment. Jim was.

"JIM!" Claire called as she jumped, managing to reach the top railing. WHOA! Cool! She screamed mentally before pulling herself up to the second floor. Of course, Barbara had shared the same expression as Toby had, but Claire shook it off, Miss. Lake would hear why she did it in the first place.

"Claire?" His quiet voice sounded from the other side of the door. The said girl's heart cracked even into smaller pieces. He had sounded as if he wasn't expecting her.

"Yes, Jim, it's me. Please come out. I love you, I would never leave you no matter what you look like. Besides, I want to show you something." Minutes, which felt like decades, later, the door opened slowly, the creaking of the old door had caused tension but Claire couldn't wait till he looked at her. When the door had fully opened, revealing a trashed room and an adorable _ that looked down at his feet, Claire couldn't help but smile. Peeling her eyes off of him - even if he was a troll - was rather difficult once she looked upon him. He was too darn flawless, even with stone skin, Claire still saw the adorable features resting on the outside of his rock hard skin. "Look up at me please."

Jim slowly followed her orders and lifting his head. His electric blue eyes gasped at the sight of his girlfriend now sharing the same skin he had. Jim couldn't stop gaping. No matter what she had looked like, she was so beautiful. However, his shocked turned into anger, something that he could barely control.

"Are you serious?! Claire why would you throw your life away like that?! You have a happy life and you just tossed it for me?!"

"Of course I would! Jim, no one else on this planet makes me feel like the ways you make me feel! I don't want anyone else but you.: She took his hand in her's the two finally the right size to fit with one another. The blue and purple shades blending rather nicely with each other. "Jim, I made a promise to myself. That promise is to protect you, to keep you alive. I can't stand the thought of losing you and I hate seeing you suffer from a problem alone. I did this for you and there is no going back. I made this decision and I knew the outcome but I still did it. Jim, I love you. I can't imagine a world without you in it and you shouldn't do this alone, because I will always stand beside you."

Jim gasped at her words before pressing his forehead against her's. A clank was heard as their rock-hard skin touched.

"B-but, you've always wanted kids when you get older. You can't see the sunrise or daylight fade because of me."

"If you can't see it, then I can't see it. Jim, our love is like Romeo and Juliet. When one suffers, the other one with do anything, even if it means dying, or throwing their families and friends away. You are my Romeo." She added and rubbed her thumb against his chiseled cheek.

"And you are my Juliet, I love you, oh God, I love you so much." He mumbled, before pressing his lips against her's. Claire smiled as they shared their first kiss as Trolls. No matter how much different it felt to Claire, she was still drunk off Jim's gentle, yet, soild lips. Her promise would die with her. Nobody will stop her from keeping Jim alive.

Even when things change, even if you don't accept the fate you were given, always go through it with the ones close to you. It may be hard to get used too but in the end, every decision you make is worth it.

I know this is rough, but I feel like Claire would change her life as well to be with Jim because trolls never die off and she wants to be with him... I think. I might edit this chapter later.

ASTRID Out!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 276 21
Following the events Trollhunters: The Written Future Watching their show Fanfic Watching 3Below React Series ALL RIGHTS GO TO DREAMWORKS -- Life...
35.9K 871 33
After the war, everyone is wondering, what happens to Arcadia? Jim? TrollMarket? We have the answers! We actually didn't like the idea of all the tro...
15.8K 59 3
Just a collection of one-shots from one of the best DreamWorks animation series out there! Requests are open! Dedicated to our Trollhunter, Anton Ye...
10.4K 228 7
Short stories and trailers with Jim and some others as your companion! Request will be accepted soon! DONT request yet or I will decline them immedia...