Death Strings

By sophiaoub2002

Alice is not just a random normal girl , she's a fighter , she's SICK . She's been fighting death for a long... More

Death Strings
Chapter 1 :Hope
Chapter 2 : Someone new
Chapter 3 : Endless
Chapter 4 : I know him !
Chapter 5 : I'm a black cat !
Readers' choice !!
AUTHOR'S NOTE
come back !
Chapter 7 : Alice, Alice, little star .
Chapter 8 : Friends
Chapter 9 : Ugly mug .

Chapter 6 : Like a corpse in a coffin

24 4 0
By sophiaoub2002

The room was as dim and sad as mine was , everything screamed pain . A pain , that I've experienced, that I've lived . But , today I was sure Jake was feeling it too . He was lying on his bed , like a corpse in a coffin , I could tell he was totally devastated .

His sister was now hugging him , pleading him to wake up . She was crying her heart out , and I perfectly understood , her brother was no way near fine .

I was standing in the corner of the room , watching this sorrowful scenery . Suddenly, he started opening  opened his eyes slowly .

As they say ,  eyes are a mirror of people's souls , reflecting their state of mind , and their deep down ducked feelings . And I surely believed at that now That I spotted his , eyes full of hollowness and emptiness  .

You may live for days without food or water , but let me tell you , you can't live a tiny second without hope . And that's exactly what Jake was lacking .

He started moving , trying to get in a sitting position. When his sister noticed that , delighted , she helped him get up . And it was all good , until she started lifting up her sleeves , while I was looking at her confused.

Like what would you roll up your sleeves for .. unless !

Then , that woman did something I didn't expect at all !

She slapped, she slapped Jake , I'm not lying she just actually did that , she just smacked her palm right on his cheek , now all red and swollen.

« Clay!! what the heck ? » he screamed, dumbfounded by her gesture .

« Shut up , dumb ass , why 'd you do this? are you out of your fucking mind ? »
He couldn't lift up her eyes to hers , he was probably ashamed.

« Didn't you think of me ? Did you I would just move on and live a happily ever after ? Do you how much I was scared ? I was terrified I would lose you !! » she howled at him , her eyes tearing up .

« But you know what , you wanted die right , don't worry I'll do that for you ..»
and again she started beating him up like a small kid .

« Stop it , clay » Jake whined .

Oh my god ! That's just too awesome to watch . Jake getting beaten up by his own sister , that's not a sight you get to see everyday .Plus, his sister is just so amazing ! She was grounding him like 4 year old without him doing anything about it .

May your dignity rest in peace Jake Cooper.

Amen..

I just couldn't get myself to stop laughing, I even started tearing up , and my stomach was about to burst from the all the  laughing .

Suddenly , I noticed all I could hear were my loud snorty laughter, I lifted up my head just to find everybody eyeing like I was a drunken dancing monkey in a zoo cage .

« hehehe .. hm ..hm ..sorry » I was terribly embarrassed .

« who are you , miss ? » Jake's sister asked .

« me , I um .. » I said taken aback by the sudden question .

« Don't mind her , she's just an annoying piece of trash .» Jake blurted not giving me a single glance .

« What did you just say ? » I said not believing what I just heard .

«  an-n-o-yi-ng pie-ce of  tr-a-sh » he spelled softly .

« And you are an ass-ho-le » I responded imitating him with an evil smirk .

« Know what ,  go to hell ! »

« Dude , nah , too bad , since I'll being seeing your ugly face there , soon enough ! »

« Ouuuhh , omagahhhh , high five gurl , you got this ! » she said raising her hand , so we'd high five .

« Clay , aren't you supposed to be on my side ?» he demanded sarcastically .

« Not anymore .» Clay said sticking her tongue at her brother .

« Oh sorry , what was your name again ? » she asked .

" I'm Alice , you can call me Ally . "

"I'm Claire , as you heard that stupid thing  say , you may call me Clay .  But hey , I didn't know Jake had cool friends like you ".

« Nah , I'm not his friend , he's just an acquaintance, I guess"

« Makes sense , he's too dumb to have good people like you as friends "

« Hey ! I think I am here too .. » he stated.

« HELLOOO ... » he started shouting annoyingly .

"SHUT UP !" we said in unison , and we started laughing again .

But we soon got interrupted , when an intimidating old couple crossed the room entrance , silencing every one in it , including Jake , whose face turned extremely dark and dangerous .

The woman eyed me from head to toes with a raised refined eyebrow , and cleared her throat as a sign that my presence was not very unwanted in this territory .

The message was clear and neat and well transmitted , I had to get the hell out of this place . As I was about to leave ..

"Alice , wait !" Jake called out to me . I turned my head to figure out what he was trying to tell me.

" Thanks , for .. everything " he announced shockingly .

I smiled making a last glance at him and Clay , and got out to find a very curious Amalia waiting for me .

A/N:

Hey dear readers it's been a very long time since's I've written chapter , it's quite a long one so enjoy it , and check out Claire's picture .

Which character do you like the most ? And where are you from ?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

158 64 9
Please, try not to hate her. She's just a girl, after all. She's still figuring things out and doesn't understand what love truly means. She's never...
6.8K 272 15
Do you know when you're meant to be? Do you know when to let go? Do you know you can't have it all? Pain, guilt, love, grief... There are inevitable...
372 75 12
If you suddenly discover that you have only 60 days to live? What will you do? Will you be gloomy? Ariel Stuart is a sweet 18 yr old girl who lives...
299K 8.7K 33
wattys longlist 2018 | MEET ELLA. She's drowning, literally. Ella has lung cancer, causing her lungs to fill with liquid that needs to be drained dai...