Philippine Mythology

By goddessRhoda

Philippine mythology is the body of myths, tales, and superstitions held by Filipinos, mostly originating fro... More

About Philippine Mythology
The Creation of Myth
Philippine Deities
Ancient Tagalog Deities
Ancient Tagalog Deities II
Bathala
Mayari
Tala
Ancient Bikolano Deities
Bakunawa
Ancient Visayan Deities
Ancient Visayan Deities II
Tboli Deities
Ilokano Deities
Kapampangan Deities
B'laan Deities
Palawan Deities
Bukidnon Deities
Isneg Deities
Tiruray Deities
Mangyan Deities
Tinguian Deities
Talaandig Deities
Gaddang Deities
Ifugao Deities
Ilongot Deities
Agta Deities
Diwata
Mythical Creatures
Bungisngis
Aswang
Duende
Kapre
Manananggal
Maria Makiling
Nuno sa Punso
Sarimanok
Sirena
Tikbalang
Tiyanak
The Story of Lapu-Lapu

Batak Deities

1.4K 11 0
By goddessRhoda

Philipines Mythology

Batak Deities

Maguimba - Who in remotest times lived among the people, having been summoned by a powerful babaylan, and he supplied all the necessities of Batak life, as well as all the cures for illness. He even had the power to bring the dead back to life.
-

Diwata - Provided for the needs of men and women, and gives out rewards for good deeds. Sanbay is a ritual in honor of Diwata, who is asked by the people to bless them with generous harvests of palay (unhusked rice) and honey. This ritual takes place inside a forest, about 2–3 km from the beach. Two huts are constructed for the ritual. Palay is placed in one of the huts. A replica of a beehive, meanwhile, is situated in another small hut. Prayers are recited to Diwata by the babaylan, after which the people in attendance gather together in festive eating, drinking, and dancing.

Angoro - Lives in Basad, a place beyond this world where the souls of the dead go, and it is there where they come to know if they are to proceed to Lampanag (heaven)or be cast into depths of the Basad, where fire and boiling water await these hapless ones.

*There are also lesser gods in the Batak pantheon, some of whom are Siabuanan, Bankakah, Paraen, Buengelen, and Baybayen. They are deities of great strength.

Batungbayanin - Spirit of the mountains.

Paglimusan - Spirit of the small stones.

Balungbunganin - Spirit of the almaciga trees.

Sulingbunganin - Spirit of the big rocks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 3.7K 200
Arc 3 chapter (160) ရဲ့ အဆက်ပါ Arc 3 chapter (160) ရဲ႕ အဆက္ပါ
213K 5K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
100K 1.4K 50
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
13K 937 6
>> "𝘨𝘰𝘫𝘰-𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘪 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩?!" >> 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘫𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘶 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘦𝘹...