Dreamer { Book 2 }

By JustK04

Arielle's in New York to live her dream and experience a new world. Hopefully without any problems and supern... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Welcome To New York
Chapter 2 - Clubbing, Yay! Not
Chapter 3 - New York Tour
Chapter 4 - New York Tour Part 2
Chapter 5 - The First Day
Chapter 6 - The Elena Bomb
Chapter 7 - The Truth
Arielle's Powers
Chapter 9 - The Hamptons
Chapter 10 - The Hamptons Part 2
Chapter 11 - The Last Day
Chapter 12 - See You Soon?
Note

Chapter 8 - One Step At A Time

3.2K 62 5
By JustK04

TWO WEEKS LATER

I wake up to a headache, tear stains on my cheeks and sweating as I have for the past two weeks. While I have been able to somewhat keep my thoughts off the event that happened my sleep has been filled with nothing but nightmares. I haven't talked to Noah or Ares about it and while they have both been supportive I see them stare at me sometimes. I sigh as my thoughts start to go haywire again and get out of bed to get ready to go to the academy even though it's only 4:30 in the morning. I take a hot shower and get dressed in jeans and a grey sweater. I start to make breakfast and coffee. I make at least three cups of coffee knowing I'm going to need it, since I haven't been able to get more than 3-4 hours of sleep in the past weeks. I try to stay awake as long as I can until my eyes start to droop due to exhaustion and even then a nightmare wakes me up within 4 hours and I can't go back to sleep. So I have formed a routine that I follow every day. After waking up I get ready, eat breakfast, practice new techniques that have been taught and then go to the academy. I pour a cup of coffee and then put the rest of it in a thermos since I would need it to stay awake in the classes.

I start to paint with an airbrush which is the newest technique that has been taught at the academy. The only good thing that comes out of these nightmares is that I can practice more and it has helped me improve my grades. I got an A for the sketch of something that caught my attention and then for last week's assignment I got another A. Today I'm supposed to submit my latest assignment which is to recreate any famous painting. I chose Starry Night by Van Gogh and had to make five times before it looked like his painting or well close to. For the next hour, I try to create a basic scenery using the airbrush. I end up making a mess and pack my things as the clock shows 6:30 before checking everything and locking the apartment and heading towards the academy. As the classes go by I find myself trapped in my thoughts more and more. And the only thing my thoughts seem to want to drift towards Jason and I almost have an episode which seems to happen more times a day as days go by. An episode is when I get so trapped in my thoughts that when I snap out of it I'm either crying or I'm suicidal. It has happened twice in class now and more than enough times at the penthouse for both Noah and Ares to notice but neither of them pressure me to say anything. After taking my logbook I go towards the penthouse not checking my grade since I know it wasn't good.

As soon as I reach the penthouse I go towards my room to change into some workout clothes registering that Noah is in the kitchen while Ares is nowhere to be seen. After changing I go back downstairs and into the kitchen, "Can we start?" I ask Noah and he turns to look at me before nodding. "Sure. Why don't you start with the machines? I'll just finish making lunch and come upstairs." Noah tells me. "Okay," I reply before going to the training room and start with the machines. About half an hour later Noah comes up and we start sparring. As I'm about to deliver the last hit which would lead to me winning I feel dizzy and stop my movements. I feel Noah's hands hold onto me as my vision starts to clear again. "I'm fine," I say as I gain control over myself again. "No, you're not. What happened?" Noah asks me while holding me in place. "It's nothing. I don't know what happened. Let's start again." I tell him but he doesn't let go instead holds on tighter. "No. You have to talk Elle. You're not okay and you need to talk instead of just bottling up everything. You're just hurting yourself. Please, Elle." Noah pleads. "I'm fine. I don't want to or need to talk." I tell him while starting towards the door. Noah follows me as I go downstairs and hopefully out of here and back home.

I reach the elevator and press the button. The elevator opens and Ares steps out, "What's the matter?" He asks as he stands beside Noah. "Nothing, I was just leaving," I tell him. "She's avoiding again, no surprise there. But this time she's actually running away, I mean it's one thing to avoid a problem but running away that's a whole new level of being a coward." Noah tells Ares. "You can't just... you don't know anything Noah. I'll see you later." I tell them but Ares uses his magic and the elevator disappears. "No Elle, we've given you time but not anymore. All you do is bottle up everything and don't think we haven't noticed your little episodes. If it wasn't for Noah you would've cut your hand that day. You keep getting dizzy spells and don't nearly eat enough. Enough is enough, this is self-destructive." Ares says and I close my eyes knowing they aren't giving up. "And you are right we don't understand or know what you went through or what you feel. But if you don't trust us enough to talk to us we won't be able to help you. Please, Elle, we won't be able to ever know what you feel but we want to help. Just talk to us." Noah pleads again. "Its nothing. Nothing happened, I'm just... it startled me. I'm fine, just please stop." I tell them, keeping my eyes shut tightly knowing I would probably break down if I look at them again. "It wasn't nothing, Elle, since it's clearly taking a toll on you. You don't even have to tell us what happened, just tell us how you feel, tell us how to help you because we feel so helpless right now Elle. We feel helpless knowing you're hurting but having no idea how to help, how to make it better. So please tell us what to do." Ares begs and I open my eyes to look at him. They're both staring me and I hesitate before hugging Ares and actually crying on my accord in the past two weeks. Ares hugs back and I feel Noah wrap his arms around both of us.

After a while of just crying I start, "I don't how I feel, sometimes I just feel like everything is going to be fine but at other times I feel like my whole world is crashing and all I can do is stare. That day I felt so helpless, I thought I was... that I could defend myself but my brain just scattered and then it was like my mind went haywire and my thoughts were screaming and I had just grown deaf to them. When I did get back to my senses I couldn't... I just couldn't get the feeling of his hands and his lips and his voice out of my mind. I can't sleep because every time I do I'm back there again just as helpless and scared and trapped. It's like I'm constantly trapped in own my mind and no matter how hard I fight I'll never win. It's like my own mind is my enemy whenever I try to do something my thoughts go back and I'm trapped again. No matter what I do my mind is my own demon, if I'm walking towards the academy the thought of how easy it would be to sidestep onto the rushing traffic is always there when I'm cooking the thought of how easy it would be to take the knife and end everything is always there. I feel like my life is in a constant loop. I don't know what to do. I don't want to feel this any of it, I don't want to be scared. I don't want to feel trapped or defenseless anymore. Please help me." I beg them not bothering to stop my tears. They both hold on tighter. After my tears stop I pull away to look at them. Instead of looking at me with pity they are both smiling as tough proud of me. "Why are looking at me like that?" I ask them a bit weirded out and too tired to think as I feel a headache come on due to the crying. "Oh, it's nothing. We're just very proud of you. We know its probably hard to talk about what happened or about what you feel." Ares says his smile widening. "We'll help you in any way we can Elle. We'll always be here. We'll make sure you never feel weak or defenseless ever again Elle. Everything will get better." Noah promises. I smile just a bit. "We're going to move you in here. No way are you living alone in that apartment. Clear?" Ares asks. "Crystal," I answer him. "All right let's get some food in you before you faint," Noah says. "Actually that would be because of my nightmares and sleepless nights," I tell him. He just sighs and gestures towards the kitchen. I walk there and sit down. "Was it... was it my fault?" I ask the question that had bugging me the most. Both of them turn to face me so fast I'm surprised they didn't break their necks. Ares sits down next to me, "You don't really think that do you?" Ares asks. "Sometimes, I don't know; it's something that's been on my mind," I tell him. "No Elle it wasn't your fault. It was his and only his. Never think that." Ares tells me. I nod a bit, he hugs me and I hug him back. Noah serves us lunch and we all eat in silence.

"Did you tell your brother and friends?" Noah questions suddenly. I stop my movements and shake my head no. "Why not Elle?" Ares asks. "I wanted to. It's just they haven't been answering my calls or texts or voicemails or e-mails or anything really. I have a feeling it's my sisters doing." I tell them. They both give me a sad smile. "Don't worry too much. You'll always have us." Ares assures me and I smile at him. He smiles back widely since I haven't talked or smiled at him in the past two weeks. "Will you teach me how to use magic?" I ask them both after we're done eating and are cleaning up. "If you want to learn Elle, then we'll definitely teach you," Noah promises. After cleaning up the kitchen they tell me to wait in the training room while they go towards their room. I go and lie down on the mat and close my eyes for a bit. I sit up as I hear footsteps. Ares and Noah come in and sit in front of me. Noah has a book in hand and Ares has a locket? I think. "Here," Ares says and hands me the locket. I look at him questioningly. "It's a talisman, a very powerful one. It will help you to do powerful spells. Let me put it on." Ares elaborates. I nod and let him put it on. "Alright, we'll start with a basic spell. An aneurysm is a pain infliction spell. It's useful to disable supernatural beings with fast healing and can stun humans. Let's start." Noah instructs me. I try at first but nothing happens I just feel like I'm being drained.

Three hours later I'm lying with my head in Ares's lap as he massages my head in a soothing way. We're still in the training room and I have failed at even causing a sting. "I'm not going to be able to do a spell. I feel like all energy has been drained from me and I didn't even successfully perform the spell." I complain to Ares and Noah. "Its fine Elle, it was your first time trying a spell. Don't worry you'll get better the more you practice." Ares assures me and Noah hums in agreement. "If you say so," I reply not really convinced. "I have an idea." Ares's voice snaps me out of my nap. "I can already tell this is going to be a disaster," Noah says with amusement and I agree with him in my head. "Shush Noah. We should get you a makeover. A new haircut, maybe highlights, new style, you know make a new you." Ares suggests. "Why?" I ask him as I sit up while touching my hair which I hate cutting for some reason. "To help you move on and start over," Ares says with a wide smile. "Umm... that only happens in movies, Ares. How in the world will a haircut help me move on?" I ask Ares while glancing at Noah who shrugs his shoulder. "I agree with Elle, Ares. I don't see how changing her hair or her clothing will help in any way." Noah admits. "Don't be such party poppers. It's worth a try. What's the worst that could happen?" Ares questions. "Well I could lose myself totally in trying to move on," I inform Ares. "Don't be such a drama queen Elle. Please, let's go." Ares pleads. I groan as he gives me a sad pleading look. I look towards Noah in hopes of getting his help but he's already looking towards Ares with worry and he'll agree soon enough. 3. 2. 1..."Okay, let's go." Noah agrees and I stand up since there's no way I'm winning now. "Fine let's get this over with." I agree and Ares cheers while dragging me towards my room and instructing me to change. I wear the clothes I had worn to the academy earlier.

After I'm done I go down to see Ares already there but no Noah. He's probably changing too. "Alright let's go," Noah says as he comes down and we leave. As Noah starts to drive I drift off to sleep. I snap my eyes open already feeling tears streaming down as I try to control my breathing when I feel a hand on my knee and jump back in fright. "Elle?" I hear Ares's voice penetrate the static that has been ringing in my ears. I look up to see that we're parked on the side of the road as Ares sits beside me and Noah had his body turned to look at me. "I'm fine," I tell them as lean into Ares. "If you say so." I hear Noah say and the car starts. "Do you want to sleep? It's a long way there." Ares questions. "I don't think I can sleep," I tell him while looking out the window. "Don't worry about having a nightmare. I'll make sure it doesn't happen. Come on go back to sleep you need it." Ares coaxes me. I nod trusting him to keep the nightmares away. I lean back into him. "Thanks, Ares," I tell him and before I know it I'm drifting back to sleep. I wake up to someone shaking my shoulders and whispering my name instead of waking up in sweat and tears. I open my eyes to see Ares in front of me. I remember us leaving to get me a makeover. "Hey. So we reached?" I ask him. "Yeah come on. You can sleep some more when we get back." Ares tells me and we get out of the car. I look around to see we're at one of those very huge and very expensive looking salons. The one where you can get anything and everything done. Of course, we are here it was Ares's idea, so we obviously will be somewhere like this. "Come on Noah's waiting inside. I already thought of what we will get done." Ares informs me as he drags me towards the entrance.

After meeting up with Noah I am led to a chair and the mirror in front is covered so I can't see what's being done. It's obvious that the stylist has been informed already as he gathers everything he'll need and the color is somewhere in there. Great. The stylist first washes my hair before starting to cut my hair not too short thankfully but I still mourn the loss. After being done with the cut he starts dyeing my hair. After my hair is done messing with I'm led to a different area to get my nails done. What in the world has Ares planned? I go there to see Noah and Ares already sitting there. I'm not really shocked to see Ares but Noah surprises me, Ares probably forced him. "Oh, Elle you look amazing." Ares compliments but I just glare a bit salty at not being allowed to see my look at yet. I sit down and the lady in front of me starts to do my nails. I was finally done after almost 5 hours. "I hope you like it, Elle," Ares says sounding a bit nervous. "I'm sure I'll love it, Ares. I trust your choice." I assure him. He smiles slightly before pulling the cloth down from the mirror to show my reflection. For a minute I just stare too mesmerized by my new look before smiling and hugging Ares. "I love it, Ares," I tell him before pulling away and kissing his cheek. He smiles back brightly at me so does Noah and I turn back to look closer at my new hair. It was still dark at the roots but as it fell down it was blonde. It reached down till my ribs. After admiring my hair I look down towards my nails which were painted matte black but the ring and middle finger had silver glitter on them. I loved it. I hug Ares again and thank both the stylists. As we sit in the car Ares shows me his nails which were painted a dark night sky blue and had little silver stars. He had made Noah get the same but the base was a proper black unlike Ares's. I thought it was really cute that even though Noah was complaining about how the nail art made him seem weak he didn't dare try taking it off. "Okay, now new clothes." Ares declares as we stop in front of a mall, a very huge mall. "No Ares, please. I want to sleep." I beg him and give him my best pleading smile and eyes and he almost falls for it but snaps out of it and drags me out. I sigh and let him drag me.

Arielle's nail art

Noah and Ares's nail art

After 3 hours of constant torture, we finally go back to the penthouse after getting some take out on the way home since Noah was tired too. Ares has forced me to buy a variety of jeans, skirts, shorts, etc. He also bought me some art supplies. Ares had promised to let me go to the apartment tomorrow so I could get all the things I wanted. Noah puts on a movie as we all sit down to eat. We eat in silence as I check my phone to see there were still no replies from anyone. I was getting worried since something could be wrong, considering all the supernatural surrounding the town. As the credits roll, I realize I didn't even know what the movie was about. "You alright?" Noah questions from beside. "Huh. Yeah, just worried about my friends and family. Mystic Falls is like a danger magnet or something." I tell him leaning towards him a bit, he wraps his arm around me. "Don't worry too much. Only 3 more weeks then you can go back and pester them." He assures me. "Right. Sounds fun. If their reasons are lame I am going to kill them. Can we go somewhere for the weekend? I've been here for over a month now and I haven't seen much." I ask them and Ares smiles brightly and I know he already has a bizarre idea in his mind. "We could to The Hamptons for a relaxing weekend filled with beaches and cocktails," Ares suggests with a blissful sigh already imagining the weekend. "I thought Hamptons was a made-up place in Gossip Girl," I say a little confused, I really shouldn't assume things like that. "No it's not made up," Noah tells me with a laugh. "So it's really a place where rich people go for vacations? Is Gossip Girl real too? Because that would make my day." I ask them. They both laugh lightly. "Yes and no. Yes, The Hamptons really is a place where rich people go for vacations and no Gossip Girl is not real. And we are going." Ares tells me. "Sure. Beaches and cocktails sound great." I agree since it would be a nice change.

After some time of just sitting around watching the next movie start, I decide to go to sleep since I have class tomorrow again. "Hey guys, I'm going to go to sleep. Goodnight." I tell them and get up stretching a bit before hugging both of them. "Wait," Noah says after pulling away. "Yeah?" I ask him. "We have something for you. Here." Ares says handing me a charm bracelet. As I look closely I see it's Beauty And The Beast themed and I smile widely at them."Why this? You already bought me half a mall. Not that in complaining I love it." I say a bit sarcastically since Ares insisted on paying for everything and Noah agreed not that I could afford everything they bought me, I'd probably go bankrupt. "It's spelled. It will keep your nightmares away and also make sure you don't have any episodes, Elle." Noah explains and I smile gratefully. "I didn't know there were spells for things like that," I tell them a little lost. "There aren't. But when you live long enough and are as powerful as we are you can make your own spells." Noah explains and I nod my head since someone would obviously have had to create spells that witches use today. "Thanks. You both have done so much for me." I say and smile at them. "It's nothing, Elle. You're family now." Ares affirms and Noah nods agreeing. I smile at them while thinking yeah you're too just not having the courage to say it out loud. I smile at them one last time and head back to my room. I change into some comfortable clothes to sleep in before grabbing my phone. I dial Jer's number and wait as it rings only to end up with voicemail.

"Hey Jer, I don't know why you aren't answering my calls or texts but I'm really worried. I don't know if I did something wrong, but if I did I'm sorry, please just call me back or text me. Please. I just want to know you're okay, so, please. And if you're mad just call to scream at me or anything just... just don't ignore me. I... something happened and I really need to talk to you. I'm scared and tired and I really need your help. Please, Jer. I love you." I say leaving a voicemail my voice cracking and tears falling down my face. I get up and wash my face before tying my hair up and taking deep breaths. Everything's fine I'm just overthinking.  I keep repeating to myself before sighing and going back to my room, I put all the bags in the walk-in closet to organize tomorrow before repacking my bag since I have full intentions of getting a good night's sleep and a possible late morning. I change my alarm to 6:30 before shutting off the lights and getting into the bed. As I close my eyes my phone pings and I check to see it's Ares.

Ares😍
If you need anything don't hesitate to wake us. Goodnight Elle.

Elle❤️
Thanks, Ares. I will. Goodnight.

I text him back before letting my eyes close and sleep consume me.

Arielle's new hairstyle

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 24 5
This is a tvd soulmate story.
654 37 7
"๐‡๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐ฌ๐Ÿ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง, ๐š๐ฌ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ. ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ'๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž ๐›๐ฎ๐ข๐ฅ๐ญ...
156K 1.2K 7
แตƒแต˜แต—แต’แต–สฐแต’แต‡โฑแตƒ แต—สฐแต‰ แถ แต‰แตƒสณ แต’แถ  แต‡แต‰โฑโฟแต แตƒหกแต’โฟแต‰
42.4K 765 43
I decided to create this because I already have an imagines book and I didn't want to combine this into that so it's separate. Please check out my im...