Jaded (Dramione FanFic)

By ethereallie

"It's hard when you know you shouldn't hold on, and yet you're too in love to let go..." Hermione croaked. "T... More

Chapter One: Confessions
Chapter Two: Bust the windows of your car
Chapter Three: Already Gone
Chapter Four: Happily never after
Chapter Five: I remember
Chapter Six: Don't speak
Chapter Seven: Strange and Beautiful
Chapter Eight: Just give it time
Chapter Nine: Heartbreak warfare
Chapter Ten: Wide awake
Chapter Eleven: The hardest part of letting go
Chapter Twelve: Today my life begins
Chapter Thirteen: Kiss me
Chapter Fourteen: Daylight
Chapter Fifteen: Total eclipse of the heart
Chapter Sixteen: Safe and sound
Chapter Seventeen: You give me something
Chapter eighteen: Best thing I never had
Chapter Nineteen: You give love a bad name
Chapter Twenty: I choose you
Chapter Twenty One: Ever after

Epilogue: Bless the broken road

38.5K 1K 1.2K
By ethereallie

After two years:

Draco was doing his rounds when he saw familiar faces standing by the counter; he felt his heart filled with worry as he jogged towards them. "Mum? Dad? What are you doing here?"

Lucius turned around and saw his son standing behind him; "It's Hermione."

Draco felt all the air get sucked out of his lungs as dread fill his chest; "What happened?" he asked frantically.

"We don't know, we just received a floo call from Harry and told us to come here immediately" Narcissa replied.

"Where the bloody hell is he?" Draco yelled.

"I don't know, we just got here son" Lucius replied.

"There he is" Narcissa pointed towards the hallway.

Draco turned around and saw Harry walking towards them; he didn't wait for the other wizard to reach him, he met him half way. "What the hell happened to my wife? Where is she?"

"She's gone into labor and Luna is examining her----"

Draco didn't wait for Harry to finish his sentence as he disapparated right on the spot.

 Narcissa gasped; "She's having the babies!"

Lucius didn't seem to hear his wife as he stared at Harry; "She's supposed to have the babies next week, why did she go into early labor? What happened?" he asked sternly.

"Trust Lucius to be the one to figure it out---here goes nothing" Harry thought. He adjusted his glasses; "She went into labor because she spoke with someone and I think she got upset" he explained.

Lucius narrowed his eyes menacingly; "Spoke with whom?"

"Ron..."

"Ronald Weasley?" Narcissa clarified.

Harry swallowed thickly; "Yes" he replied. "Ron approached me this morning and told me that he wanted to talk to Hermione because he wanted to apologize."

"And you let him?" Narcissa asked.

Harry shook his head adamantly; "I didn't. I specifically told him to stay away from Hermione because that wouldn't bode well."

"Let me guess, he went against your wishes and still went to see her?" Lucius said dryly.

Harry nodded; "He did."

Narcissa sighed; "He should've known better" she said. "Well, there's nothing we can do now, let's just hope that everything will turn out alright."

"Where did they take her?" Lucius asked.

"Maternity ward, I'll take you there."

oOo

"Draco! Where's Draco? I want my husband!" Hermione whimpered through tears.

Luna gently wiped Hermione's forehead; "He's on his way love, Harry is getting him for you---please try to relax" she said gently.

Hermione closed her eyes as another contraction hit her hard; she let out strangled cry as she clutched her stomach. "I---I can't do this...it hurts..."

A loud crack resounded just as the door burst open, revealing a frantic Draco; he run towards the bed and began checking on her wife. "Hermione? I'm here love...I'm here..."

Hermione opened her eyes; "Draco...you're here...it hurts so much..." she cried.

Draco turned his face towards Luna; "How far long is she?"

"Her contractions are only 10 minutes apart and she's almost fully dilated; we just need to wait a couple of minutes before she can start pushing" Luna explained.

"Did you already give her some pain potions?" Draco asked.

"I did, it should take effect any second now."

Draco turned his gaze towards Hermione; "The pain should lessen any second now love...just breathe..."

Hermione followed Draco's instruction; after a few minutes, she felt a little relief. "I feel better..."

Draco can't help but smile; "That's the potion kicking in love."

"I'll leave you two but I'll be back, I just need to make sure that everything we need is being prepared" Luna said.

"Thank you Luna" Hermione said.

Luna smiled; "You're welcome Hermione" she said before leaving.

Hermione shifted on the bed and tried hard to turn to her side.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" Draco asked.

"I feel more comfortable on my side" Hermione replied.

Draco stood from his perch and assisted the struggling brunette; "Comfy?" he asked.

Hermione smiled; "Yes, thank you."

Draco sat back and stared at his wife; "You're not supposed to be in labor yet, what happened?" he asked.

Hermione looked sheepish; "Err---"

Draco raised his brow; "Out with it Granger, you're look says it all."

Hermione pursed her lips; "That's Malfoy to you Mister."

"Fine. Out with it Malfoy" Draco rephrased.

"Promise me first that you won't get mad"

"Why do I feel like I won't like this one bit?"

Hermione cringed when she felt a dull ache on her tummy; "Because you wouldn't" she replied.

Draco sighed; "I promise."

"Ron saw me today"

Draco tried his hardest to keep his face blank; "Why?"

Hermione reached for Draco's hand and laced their fingers; "He wanted to talk."

Draco gritted his teeth to keep his calm; "Did he say something to upset you? Is that the reason why you went into pre-term labor?"

Hermione shook her head so hard that she saw spots; "No."

"Tell me what happened, what did he want?"

"He just wanted to apologize for all the things he's done to me and I forgave him" Hermione said softly.

"Oh."

"It's been 2 years Draco and time already healed all the wounds. I can't be friends with him any longer but that doesn't mean I can't be cordial."

Draco lifted Hermione's hands to his lips and planted a kiss on her knuckles; "That makes you a better person love, a much better person that I am" he said.

"You're not mad that I forgave him?" Hermione asked.

Draco shook his head; "No, I'm proud" he said with a smile.

Hermione smiled widely; "Come here"

Draco leaned closer; "What?"

Hermione bridged the gap and pecked him on the lips; "I love you Draco Malfoy" she murmured.

"I love you too Hermione Malfoy" Draco replied. "If Weasel is not the reason you went into labor then what caused it?"

Hermione winced when another wave hit her; "Err---I was already having pains when you left this morning but I thought it was just gas..."

"You were having pains and you didn't tell me?" Draco asked, clearly aghast.

"Like I told you, I thought it was just gas---"

"And you still went to the Ministry! You're already on Maternity leave, what on earth did you do there? You were----"

Hermione squeezed Draco's hand hard when another contraction hit, only seconds apart; "Oh Merlin----call Luna, I think they're coming..."

Draco shot up from his perch and went at the foot of the bed; he gently lifted the blanket and began tugging her gown up.

"W---what are you doing?" Hermione panted.

"Let me check if you're fully dilated" Draco replied. "Open your legs"

Hermione clamped her legs tightly together; "NO! Call Luna"

"Come on love, I'm a Healer and I've seen it a thousands of times, now is not the time to be bashful."

Hermione shook her head; "This is different Malfoy! CALL LUNA NOW!" she screamed at the top of her lungs.

The door opened as Luna stepped in; "I'm here now Hermione, are you ready to push?"

oOo

"How long does it take to give birth? Do you reckon?" Lucius asked.

Narcissa threw her husband a indignant look; "You don't know? Where you even there when I gave birth to our son?"

"Of course I was there love but that was more than 2 decades ago, that particular memory is evading me" Lucius explained.

Narcissa huffed; "I for one cannot forget it, I was trying to push a watermelon out of my body after all" she said. "It depends, it's normally 6 hours up but Hermione is having twins, it might take longer than that."

Lucius winced.

"I came as soon as I heard, how's Hermione?" Ginny asked as she entered the waiting area.

"She's been moved to the delivery room and she's been there for 6 hours now" Astoria replied.

Ginny plopped down the empty seat beside her friend; "Is that a good thing?" she asked.

"It's normal, when I had Candice, I labored for 10 hours."

Ginny cringed; "10 hours?!"

Astoria let out small smile; "It was worth it."

Ginny was about to open her mouth to respond but wasn't able to do so when the door to the delivery room opened.

Draco stepped out of the delivery room with a large smile on his face; "They're all fine, the babies are just being cleaned and Hermione is being prepared for transport" he exclaimed happily.

Narcissa flew out of her chair and hugged her son tightly; "Thank Merlin!"

Draco patted his mother's back before pulling away; "You're now a proud grandmother of a bouncing baby boy and girl" he said.

Lucius followed his wife's lead and pulled the other man into a hug; "Congratulations son" he said jovially.

"What are their names?" Harry asked curiously.

"Scorpius Aurelian Malfoy and Cassiopeia Ariadne Malfoy" Draco said proudly.

oOo

"Where have you been? I thought you're just bringing your report to the Ministry, it's been hours" Millicent asked as she stared at her husband.

Ron took off his cloak and draped it at the back of the couch; "I spoke with Hermione" he replied.

"Why? What business do you have with the Mudblood?" Millicent asked snidely.

Ron rolled his eyes; "Stop calling Hermione that word, what are you 12 years old?"

Millicent huffed; "I will call her whatever I want to call her!" she retorted.

"Where's Maddie?" Ron asked.

"She's in her room sleeping, she's been waiting for you for hours."

Ron took a seat beside his errant wife and leaned his head at the back of the couch, closing his eyes.

Millicent licked her lips as she tries to reign down her emotions; she knew that she shouldn't feel jealous because she knew for a fact that the Mudblood won't talk to Ron but she couldn't help it. "Did she talk to you?"

A small smile crept towards Ron's lips; "She did and we're finally good---she already forgave me."

Millicent clenched her teeth, clearly not pleased; "Really? Is she planning on jumping your bones again? Do I need to file for our imminent divorce?"

Ron's eyes snapped open before turning his face towards his wife; "Are you jealous?"

Millicent shot up from her perch; "Don't be stupid! Of course I'm not" she spat. She then straightened her robe and began walking away; "I'm going to check on Maddie" she said.

Ron stood up from his perch and grabbed Millicent's arm before she had the chance to leave; "Don't do this, you have nothing to worry about" he said slowly.

"Who say's I'm worried?" Millicent asked, still not facing Ron.

Ron took a step closer to turn his wife around to face him; "Look at me."

"What?"

"Whatever happened between me and Hermione is already in the past, I wronged her---we both wronged her and she deserved every bit of apology and more" Ron explained.

Millicent sighed; "I know that..."

Ron stared into her eyes with full seriousness; "I know we started everything with the wrong foot and we made mistakes more than we could count; most people think that we shouldn't be happy because of what we did so I convinced myself I shouldn't eventhough I am. But for the first time in 2 years I felt relief; it's as if a heavy burden was lifted from my chest and I'm finally free from the cage of guilt I built for myself---I can admit it now without being afraid---I'm happy Millie, with you and Maddie."

Millicent cracked a smile; "You're happy with us?"

Ron smiled back; "Over the moon happy."

Millicent flung her arms around Ron's neck; hugging him with all her might.

Ron wrapped his arms around her waist; "We still have a long way to go but I'm willing if you are..."

"I am...I really am."

oOo

12 years later:

The years that had gone by has been nothing but fruitful for the Malfoy family; Hermione and Draco had not only been blessed with fraternal twins but two more children. Their identical twins resembled Draco's features strongly but their two youngest inherited Hermione's---a perfect combination from the couple as others might say. 

"Hurry up Cadey or we'll be late!"

A petite curly blonde girl with piercing grey eyes stepped out of her room; "It's not even 9 yet Aurey, don't be so dramatic"

Scorpius rolled his eyes as he made his way towards the stairs; "It would be if you don't start hauling your trunk downstairs, Mum and Dad are already waiting for us."

Cadey huffed as she went back inside her room.

"Where's your sister?" Draco asked.

"Still fixing her stuff" Scorpius replied before skipping towards the kitchen.

Draco stood at the end of the staircase and braised his hands on his hips; "Cassiopeia Ariadne Malfoy get your pretty little bum down here! It's almost 9 and your Mum is about to have a conniption!" he yelled.

"I'm on my way Daddy just hold on a sec!"

Draco shook his head as he followed his son; "She's only 12 years old for Merlin's sake, what in the world is she packing---is that a scone with clotted cream or clotted cream with a scone? How can you eat that?" he asked while eyeing his son, distaste evident in his tone.

Scorpius took a large bite of his scone before responding; "It's good, I love clotted cream."

Draco cringed; "It's nauseating" he replied. "Stop playing with your food Alex and finish your milk."

"Draco?"

Draco turned around and saw his wife standing a couple of feet away from him, carrying their 2 year old daughter in her arms. "Yes love?"

Hermione adjusted the sleeping Serena Brielle Malfoy on her hip; "Did Mum and Dad arrive already?" she asked.

"They're not here yet but they will be any second now."

The fireplace in the living room burst to life as if on cue; signalling an arrival.

Draco smirked; "See? Right on time"

An excited chubby 5 year old boy with brown hair peered from the kitchen door; "Nana and Piere here?" he asked.

"Yes they are" Draco replied.

Alex squealed happily as he ran towards the living room.

"Orion Alexander! No running inside the house!" Draco called out. 

 "I'm sorry darlings! We didn't mean to cut it so close" Narcissa said with an apologetic smile.

"We forgot the time" Lucius said as he fell into step with his wife, his grandson safely tucked in his arms. He then surveyed his surroundings; "Where are the twins?" he asked.

"Aurey finishing his breakfast and Cadey is still upstairs packing Merlin knows what" Draco replied.

Narcissa took a peek at the wall clock; "Oh dear, it's quarter till 9, you should get going."

"Aurey, are you done eating?" Draco called out.

"Yes Dad, coming!" Scorpius replied.

"Where on earth is Cadey?" Hermione asked.

Narcissa moved towards Hermione and opened her arms; "Give her here, you should get Cassiopeia or they will miss the train."

Hermione gently transferred her daughter on her Mother in law's arms; "Thank you" she replied before briskly climbing up the stairs.

Narcissa shifted Serena in her arms; "She's gone bigger from the last time I saw her" she murmured. "What have you two been feeding our grandchildren?"

"You should be asking yourself and Dad that question Mum" Draco replied. "I swear every time any of my kid stays with you two at the Manor they come home a stone or two heavier."

Lucius planted a chaste kiss on his Alex's chubby cheek; "Spoiling them to bits is our life's mission, right darling?"

Narcissa caressed Serena cheek; "Right."

Scorpius stepped into the hallway and made his way towards his Grandparents; "Good morning Nana and Piere" he said politely.

"Good morning love, don't you look handsome" Narcissa said fondly.

"I'm a Malfoy Nana, it's given" Scorpius replied smugly.

"Me too!" Alex shrieked.

Lucius let out a fully belly laugh; "Oh Draco, you taught them well---just don't let Hermione hear it."

Draco winked at his sons; "I trust you heard that boys, don't let your Mummy know I taught you that, it's our little secret."    

"What secret?" Hermione asked as she descends the stairs. "Did Didi send your trunk already Aurey?"

"Yes Mom."

Hermione turned her face towards her daughter; "I assume yours had been sent as well?" she asked.

"Yes Mum" Cadey replied.

"Say goodbye to your siblings and grandparents now, we only have 10 minutes to spare" Draco instructed.

Cadey moved towards her grandfather as Scorpius walked towards his grandmother; bidding their siblings goodbye.

oOo

Platform 9 ¾: Hogwarts Express

"Look after your baby brother Candice, make sure he doesn't get into trouble" Astoria said.

Candice hugged her mother tightly; "I'll keep Liam out of trouble Mum, don't worry."

Harry fixed the scarf around his son's neck; "Listen to your sister Liam and don't hesitate to owl us if you need anything, okay?"

Liam Potter nodded; "Will do Daddy" he replied with a toothy grin. "Where's Aurey?"

"I don't know mate but I'm sure they'll be here any minute now" Harry replied.

"I think that's Auntie Mione" Candice said while pointing towards the crowd.

Harry turned around; "Yep, that's them."

"Were here, we're not late!" Hermione chirped when she stopped right in front of her long time best friend.

"Did you have a hard time prying Draco away from the mirror again?" Astoria teased.

"For your information it's not my fault, it's your goddaughter's" Draco quipped.

Cadey pursed her lips, clearly not pleased; "Daddy!"

Liam turned towards Cadey and smirked; "Too bad Andrei already boarded the train Cadey, you have to wait until we reached Hogwarts before he can see you" he teased.

Cadey's face instantly flushed as red as a beet; "I don't know what you're talking about Liam" she huffed.

Draco eyed Liam; "Andrei Goldstein? Your Aunt Ginny's son?" he asked.

Liam nodded.

Draco threw her eldest daughter a stern look; "No crushes for you yet young lady----not until you're...you're 30!"

Hermione pinched Draco's side before pulling her blushing daughter to her side; "Don't listen to your Daddy, its okay to have crushes sweetheart---just don't take it seriously, you're still too young for that, do you understand?"

"Yes Mum..." Cadey replied.

A loud whistle permeated the air and almost instantly students of all ages started boarding the train.

Hermione turned towards he daughter and hugged her tightly; "I will miss you dearly Cadey, please write to me as much as possible and please take care of each other, I love you" she whispered.

"I will miss you too Mum and I promise to write to you as soon as possible, I love you too" Cadey replied tearfully.

Draco braised his hands on his son's shoulders and stared at him seriously; "You're a big man now so I expect you take care of yourself and your sister. Don't hesitate to owl us if you need anything, okay?"

"I will Dad" Scorpius replied.

Draco pulled his son into a tight hug; "I will miss you son, I love you."

"I will miss you too, love you" Scorpius replied.

Hermione let Cadey go before engulfing her eldest son into a hug; "Oh Aurey! I will miss you love!" she said through tears.

Scorpius can't help but smile; "I will miss you too Mum and I promise to look after Cadey" he said while rubbing his mother's back.

"Look after yourself too" Hermione reminded before pulling away.

Scorpius leaned forward and planted a kiss on his mother's cheek; "Will do."

Draco slowly pulled away from Cadey but kept her on arm's length; "No boys for you yet, you're still my baby, do you understand?"

Cadey nodded; "No boys"

Draco smiled; he then leaned forward and kissed his daughter's forehead. "I will miss you terribly Cadey bear, write to your old man often, eh?"

Cadey giggled upon hearing the silly nickname; "I will do Daddy" she replied.

"We have to go" Candice said before steering his little brother towards the train.

Scorpius held her sister's hand as he trailed behind their friends.

Draco wrapped his arm around Hermione's shoulders; "You kids behave and we'll you see you in a few months" he said.

"Don't forget to owl us once you've been sorted!" Astoria said.

"Stay out of trouble" Harry reminded.

"We love you!" Hermione said.

All the doors were automatically closed when the last student hopped in; the train gave out a last whistle before it started departing.

Hermione buried her face into her husband's chest as tears fell down her cheeks.

Draco pulled her tightly to his chest as he ran his hand on her back in a soothing manner; "Stop crying love, they'll be home soon" he cooed.

"I know that---I just can't stop crying, what's wrong with me?" Hermione murmured.

"It's okay Mione, I cried a bucket of tears when Candice boarded that train for the very first time—that's normal" Astoria said.

Hermione turned her face to the side, just enough to see Astoria; "Really?"

Astoria smiled; "Really."

Hermione sniffed as she pulls away from her husband's chest; she hastily wiped her cheeks and sniffed again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry."

Draco planted a soft kiss on Hermione's forehead before smiling; "It's okay love, no harm done" he replied. He then turned towards Harry; "I haven't seen Ginny and Anthony, were they here early?" he asked.

"They were but they didn't linger, Anthony didn't want Ginny on her feet for too long" Harry explained.

"I see" Draco replied.

"How did Ginny take it?" Hermione asked curiously.

Harry winced; "Not good"

Hermione chuckled.

Harry then moved towards his wife and wrapped his arm around her waist; "We better get going, it's the first time in almost 20 years that we had the house to ourselves" he said while wiggling his brows.

Hermione raised her brow; "Where's Albus?"

"With my Mother---in Paris" Astoria replied.

Draco chuckled; "You deported your son to Paris so you can have the house to yourselves? That's brilliant!"

Harry smirked; "I can see the wheels turning inside your head Malfoy and I say go for it."

"Damn right, I will" Draco replied.

Hermione threw her best friend and husband a confused look; "Go for what?"

"We'll see you soon Mione, bye!" Harry said before disapparating with his wife on the spot.

Hermione scoffed; "That randy little bugger didn't even have the decency to let his wife say goodbye."

"Cut the boy-who's-been-deprived a slack, 20 years is a very long time after all."

"Fine."

Draco reached for Hermione's hand and laced them together; "Mum and Dad will be keeping the little munchkin's till we pick them up, would you got out on a Muggle date with me?"

"Muggle date? In broad daylight?" Hermione asked, amusement evident in her voice.  

Draco grinned; "In broad daylight" he confirmed.

"This better be good Malfoy" Hermione warned with a small smile.  

Draco laughed as he tug on Hermione's hand; "No time to waste" he said giddily as he led her along the station.

Hermione shook her head with amusement.

oOo

True to his words, Draco gave Hermione a spectacular Muggle date. He took her for a stroll in Trafulgar Square and rode The Eye; he then bought her to her favourite bookstore before taking her to The Ritz Carlton for dinner. Now, he found himself standing at the lobby of the infamous hotel while waiting for his wife who's currently busy buying pastries for their parents and kids.

"Draco?"

Draco turned around and saw the person he least expected to see; "Ireland?"

Ireland Montgomery let out a small smile; "It's been awhile."

Draco returned the smile reluctantly; "It's been years."

"Don't get me wrong but what on earth are you doing here?" Ireland asked curiously.

"I'm waiting for my wife, she's buying something from the bakeshop" Draco replied.

"I see."  

Draco shoved his hands inside his pockets; "How about you? What are you doing here?"

Ireland let out another smile; "I'm waiting for my husband, he took Zander to the loo" she replied.

"You're married?"

"Yes and we have a beautiful little boy too" Ireland said.

Draco's smile widens; "That's good to hear, I'm happy for you" he said sincerely.

"Thank you" Ireland replied. "I heard you have 4 kids and a beautiful wife, I'm happy for you too."

"I do. Our twins just left for Hogwarts today and the other 2 is staying with my parents so we decided to have time for ourselves."

Ireland chuckled; "Alone time is hard to come by when you have kids."

Draco nodded; "That statement can never be truer" he agreed.

Ireland peered behind Draco's shoulder and saw her husband; "Well, I should get going now" she said.

"Okay" Draco replied.

"It was nice seeing you again Draco and I'm happy to see that you're happy---you deserve it" Ireland said.

"Thank you---you too"

Ireland threw him one last smile before walking towards her family.

Draco turned around and watched her leave; a feeling of relief and happiness wafting through his chest.

"I'm sorry it took me a while---I just can't decide what to buy and there----Draco?"

Draco turned to his side and saw his wife saddled with paper bags; "Did you buy half of the store love?" he asked.

Hermione wrinkled her nose; "It's your fault, you shouldn't have left me alone there---you know it's my weakness and----"

Draco leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers, silencing her rants; after a couple of nips, he pulled away and grabbed the bags from her hands. "I love you, now let's go."

Hermione can't help but smile; "I love you too."

oOo

It was almost midnight when Hermione entered their room; she took off her robe before making her way towards the bed.

"Is Serena asleep?" Draco asked as he closes his book.

Hermione pulled the comforter up and slipped under; "Yep" she replied. She let out a loud yawn before burying her face into her pillow; "I'm so tired" she mumbled.

Draco took his reading glasses off and placed it on the side table, together with his book; he scooted towards his wife and pulled her to his chest. "Are you too tired to talk?"

Hermione tilted her face and stared at Draco; "Talk about what?" she asked.

Draco sat up and leaned back on the headboard, dragging Hermione with him; "I just realized something..."

Hermione pulled away and sat down, facing him directly; "Realized what?"

Draco looked pensive for a couple of seconds before speaking again; "That you're right."

Hermione smiled smugly; "I'm always right."

Draco just glared as a response.

Hermione giggled; "I'm sorry, I can't help it---go on, what am I right about?"

"I saw Ireland today, while I was waiting for you at the lobby."

Hermione's eyes widen; "Is she the blonde woman you were talking to?"

Draco raised his brow; "You saw that?"

Hermione nodded; "I did, she's pretty."

"You're prettier" Draco quipped.

Hermione ignored Draco's statement; "Continue, what am I right about?"

"About forgiveness..." Draco replied.

Hermione threw Draco a confused look; "You haven't forgiven her?"

Draco cleared his throat as he sat straighter; "I did but I haven't really felt that I did---does that make sense?"

"Err---I think?"

"It's just that I understand you more now when you told me that you can be happy for the Weasel" Draco said.

Hermione reached for her husband's hand and held it; "Are you telling me that you can be happy for Ireland now?" she asked with a small smile.

Draco nodded; "I always believed that she doesn't deserve to be happy after everything that she's done to me---I did forgive her when she asked me but deep down I was holding a grudge" he said truthfully. "But after seeing her today with a husband and a kid and she looked happy, I realized how wrong I was and how much your loved changed me."

"Oh Draco" Hermione said as she threw herself at her husband.

Draco buried his face into her curls; "You made me a better man and I just realized that now" he murmured.

Hermione stayed in Draco's arms for a couple of minutes before pulling away; she cupped his face with her hands and met his eyes. "Whatever happened in the past should stay in the past. We may have been deeply hurt by them but they are also the reason why our paths crossed again. You once asked me why I was able to forgive and be happy for Ron---the answer to that question is quite simple. If he didn't hurt me the way he did then I wouldn't have met you, fall in love with you and married you. There are a lot of reasons to continue hating him but I don't think it's worth it anymore, it takes a lot of effort so I decided that I'd rather think of him as my wayward Northern Star, metaphorically speaking of course."

Draco threw her a confused look; "Northern star? Why?"

Hermione smiled; "He led me to the place where I was meant to be from the start---by your side."

Draco thought for a moment before he grinned; "If the Weasel is your Northern star then Ireland can be my bloody Polaris---she led me straight to you."

"See? Not bad at all"

Draco leaned forward and hauled Hermione to his lap; "Let's stop the star talk this instant, I don't think I can think of another constellation or whatnot, I have another thing in my mind right now" he said while wiggling his brows suggestively.

Hermione cocked her head to the side; "If you can't think of another constellation, does that mean I can name our next child with a normal name?"

Draco furrowed his brows; "Next child?"

Hermione cringed when she realized her slip; "Err---"

"Are---are you?"

"I'm---I'm sorry Draco---I didn't mean to get pregnant! I swear I'm taking my potions---"

Draco didn't let his wife finish; he pressed his lips firmly on hers before gently flipping them over.

Hermione revelled in the sensation that his husband is giving her but was forced to push him away; "You're not angry?" she asked breathlessly.

Draco smiled widely; "I'm bloody happy! I love you Hermione, thank you for making me so happy!"

Hermione smiled back; "I love you Draco, you make me so happy too!" she replied.

oOo

FIN

oOo

A/N: And that my darlings concludes this story! :D I hope you liked it :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 3.6K 23
"Do you know what it's like to love someone so much, you can't stand it, but you know they'll never feel the same way?" "Yeah...it hurts..."
34.8K 871 41
Draco writes to her. Hermione writes to him. Who knew? △⃒⃘ △⃒⃘ △⃒⃘ △⃒⃘ △⃒⃘ Short, unrelated stories of Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger made from th...
28.8K 973 3
The war grinds on, and Hermione Granger, lead intelligence for the Order of the Pheonix, is captured. Unable to crack her through interrogation witho...
106K 4.5K 10
Of course Draco enjoyed being complimented by younger guys it proved he was still fresh and gorgeous and marketable and he always thought Harry was b...