Miraculous Ladybug Oneshots

By rosexhk

A classroom of idiots and all of their ridiculous shenanigans. More

Painfully Oblivious
A Black Umbrella (1/3)
A Black Umbrella (2/3)
A Black Umbrella (3/3)
Dark Cupid What-if
Perfect
Who would it be?
Troublemaker What-if
Dancing On My Own
Flirting
Rainy Days
HIYA PEEPS
Injured
Pick-Up Lines
Five Times
Light To His Darkness (1/2)
Calm To Her Chaos (2/2)
Weak And Strong
Why is it always me? *sobs*
Café
Protection Detail
drabbles!

Light in the Hallway

3.6K 104 109
By rosexhk

Hey guys!  How's life? :P

Anyway, I had this idea to write a story in which Marinette and Adrien become friends and he falls for her civilian self.

So this one-shot preceeds A Black Umbrella and explains the story of Mari and Adrien's friendship and oblivious love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Adrien asked his father if Marinette, Alya, and Nino could have a sleepover with him, he had not expected his father to say yes.  Nor did he expect Gabriel to agree to hold it in their mansion.  But he wasn't going to complain.  After all, Gabriel and Nathalie would be gone on a business trip, so they would have the whole house to themselves.

So that evening, after Adrien's father had already left, his three friends came over to his mansion with all their stuff and pajamas, Nino with a box of pizza, Marinette with some cookies and crossoints from the bakery, and Alya with a couple of movies.

As they entered the Agreste residence, Nino said, "Dude, I can't believe your old man is letting us stay over when he isn't here.  He wouldn't even let you have a birthday party!"

Adrien chuckled, "I know, right? It was actually kind of because of Marinette."

"W-what, me?"

"Yep! He wasn't going to agree at first; he didn't want let the 'rude dj' or the 'reckless blogger' sleep over, but when I told him about you, he said he remembered you from the derby hat contest and had actually seen a lot of your designs at some really important parties.  He said he liked the way you were clever and firm enough to expose Chloe, but still stayed polite.  He told me that he thinks you're really talented and might even give you an internship when the summer rolls around!" Adrien grinned at the bluenette, whose mouth was slightly open at this point. 

"Girl, this is amazing for your career! I'm so happy for you! You're going to be great!" Alya said pulling on Marinette's high ponytail in excitement.  She had let her hair get longer and was more open to other hairstyles, though she still wore her pigtails from time to time.

Marinette smiled and laughed, "Thanks Al, but tonight let's forget about work or the future.  Now it's time to have some fun!" She grinned and put her arms across Alya and Adrien's shoulders, as Alya did the same to her and Nino, who put his right arm around Alya's waist.  Marinette almost fainted when she felt Adrien put his left arm around her waist, the warmth in his hand burning her skin through her halter top and making her blush a bit.  Luckily her friends didn't notice her reaction, but what she didn't know was that Adrien, much to his surprise, went through the same reaction when he felt her soft, warm hand on his shoulder.

However, at that moment, they entered his room and noticed the queen bed that had been put in where his fooseball table had been before.  "Whoa, is that for us? Dude, we brought our sleeping bags you know!" 

"Well I didn't think I'd feel right if you guys slept on those while I'd be in a bed, so my father put in an extra bed because he didn't want to me to sleep on 'that uncomfortable thing.'"

Alya and Nino went to put their stuff away. "That was sweet of you, to want to do that for us.  And say what you will, but I think your father still cares about you.  He just doesn't know how to show it." Marinette said, smiling gently as Adrien smiled right back.

"Thanks Mari.  You're really awesome, you know that?"

"Well, I try," she joked and they both laughed.

"Hey lovebirds! Hurry up and get over here, Nino went to change already."

"Oh, shut up! And where am I supposed to sleep if you sleep with Nino?" Marinette asked, noticing his stuff with the bloggers on the extra bed.

"With Adrien of course!" Marinette glared at Alya but she didn't know that both her and Adrien felt flutters in their stomachs at the thought of sleeping on the same bed. (No, not in that way, you perverts!)

"Uh, I'm okay with it.  Are you?" He asked Marinette.

"I-I'm okay with it too."

Alya grinned. "Great! And let go of each other already and save the cuddling for later!" The duo looked confused for a moment just to realize that their arms were still around each other.  They both pulled away and blushed and Marinette walked over to the bed, as Nino came out of the bathroom, and pointed a threatening finger at Djwifi.

"Alright, I'll sleep with Adrien, but don't do anything naughty.  I don't want to deal with your moans while trying to sleep and I'd prefer NOT to be an aunt just yet." Nino and Alya sputtered incoherently behind her as she turned her back to them, so Adrien could see her grinning face as he laughed.

After they had all changed, the girls let their hair down as Nino took off his hat, and they started off the sleepover with some video games and a round of truth or dare with music playing on Nino's phone.  Then they watched two movies, one a horror and the other a cheesy Disney movie that they all laughed their heads off at, while eating popcorn, pizza, and the treats from the bakery.  During the movies, Marinette had to sit in between Adrien's legs and rest her head on his shoulder, while Alya cuddled with Nino because of some earlier dares.  At some point, Adrien wrapped his arms around Marinette's waist and rested his chin on her shoulder, as he pushed her soft midnight hair to the side and breathed in her scent of strawberries, honey, and chocolate.  He didn't even realize what he was doing, but he expected her to move away the second he did.  Instead, she relaxed in his arms and breathed in the vanilla and mint scent that wrapped around her, both of them feeling warmer and their hearts beating significantally faster in their chests.

After the movies, they decided to clean up and go to bed, as it was getting late.  Nino and Alya cleaned up the room as Mari and Adrien went to the kitchen to put away the plates and empty popcorn bowls.  As they entered, the windows showed a small flash of lightening and the faint sound of thunder.

Adrien sighed as he looked at the distant storm headed their way.  He HATED thunderstorms.  His mother had used to sing him this lulluby-like song when he was little to calm him down.  Now, those thunderstorms were a reminder that he had no one that loved him the way she had, and that the one person he felt truly safe with, was gone.

Suddenly, he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder and he turned to find Marinette looking at him.  The concern in her eyes practically asked the unspoken question.

Are you alright?

He offered her a gentle smile and took the plate from her hand without breaking the eye contact, but still not speaking.

I'll be okay.  Go and help Nino and Alya, I'll finish this up.

Her bluebell eyes filled with understanding and she squeezed his shoulder, smiling back.

I won't ask, but I'm here if you need me.

She walked back up to his room, leaving Adrien marveling at how warm he had felt when she touched his shoulder and how he still felt warm even though she had left.  He stared at where she had been merely a few seconds earlier and he thought of the look in her eyes as she had spoken without opening her mouth.  Marinette hadn't pushed him, instead she had comforted him with a simple gesture.  And when he showed her that he was alright, her eyes had still shown the concern, but they also showed that she understood him.  He had only ever seen that understanding in his mother's eyes and it was something he had not expected but fully appreciated.

Adrien smiled and took a breath, finishing what he was doing and walking into his room only to see Alya chasing Nino and screaming about him almost dropping her phone.  Then he turned his head to see Marinette sitting cross-legged on Djwifi's bed, listening to All Night by Kirstin which was playing on Nino's phone, while laughing softly at Alya's screaming.  There was something about the way the light sparkled in her eyes and made her skin and midnight hair glow that made him pause.  He saw how her slightly wavy hair framed her face as she laughed, and for a moment, it left him completely breathless and unable to tear his gaze away from her figure.  Then her bluebell eyes met his emerald ones, making him suck in a breath.  Marinette smiled and gestured for him to sit next to her.  Adrien smiled back and happily obeyed, eating the last of the popcorn with her as they laughed at Alya and Nino's antics.

The four stayed up for a bit, talking and telling stories.  When it was time to sleep, Marinette laid down on the right side of the bed, feet facing the window, when she felt arms wrap around her waist.  She looked over her shoulder to see that it was Adrien.

"Is this okay?  I might kick you during the night and I figured that this will prevent that.  If you're not comfortable with this, I can-"

"Adrien, it's okay!  I honestly don't mind.  I trust you."

Adrien smiled gratefully.  "If you say so.  Sweet dreams, Mari."

"Sweet dreams, Adrien."

---------------------------------------------

Marinette woke to the sound of thunder.  She checked her phone to see that it was a quarter past 2.  She groaned and was about to turn over when she felt arms wrapped tightly around her waist.  She looked over her shoulder to see Adrien's forehead pressed against her upper back.  He was whimpering quietly and was clearly awake.

She turned to face him and put her hand on his cheek. "Adrien?  What happened?"

He was about to speak but a flash of lightening chose that moment to light up the room.  He yelped and instictively grabbed her left hand, burying his face in the crook of her neck. He breathed in her scent and listened to her heartbeat as Marinette dug her right hand in his soft blonde locks to try to calm him down.  She muttered comforting words to him as he slowly relaxed.  They pulled apart, Adrien still holding Marinette's hand.

"I'm sorry, Marinette.  You probably think I'm just a scaredy-cat."

She used her free hand to brush his hair out of his eyes.  "Now what gave you that idea?"  He still didn't look at her and kept his eyes trained at his hand.  "Adrien, look at me." She squeezed the hand holding her left one, put her right hand under his chin and made him look up.  "It's okay.  We all get scared from time to time.  I'm not going to judge you just because you're afraid of thunderstorms, okay?"

Adrien was shocked.  He had expected her to look at him with disgust, or annoyance, or like he was being ridiculous.  Instead, he saw that same look in her eyes that he had seen when they were in the kitchen.  Understanding and a hint of concern.  He hugged her, grateful that he had someone like her in his life.  "Thank you, Marinette," He whispered in her ear.  She just smiled warmly and hugged back.

He closed his eyes, trying to ignore the flashs of lightening and sounds of thunder as Marinette laid on the space between his neck and shoulder, her hand on his chest, and listened to his heartbeat.  Adrien put one arm on her waist, the other stroking her hair softly.  

"Do you want to tell me why you don't like thunderstorms?"

Adrien trusted Marinette.  She was the one person that had ever seemed to comfort, to love him the way his mother had.  So he felt like he could trust her with this, as personal as it was.

"I've always been afraid of thunderstorms.  But when I was little, my mom would sing this song to me and it always calmed me down.  Once she was gone, no one was there to comfort me the way she had.  Those thunderstorms are like a reminder of that.  They make me feel vulnerable and alone.  That's why I don't like storms.

She was quiet for a moment.  Then she asked, "What was the song she used to sing to you?"

 "It may be a song but the notes and lyrics make it sound like a lullaby.  It's called Light in the Hallway by-"

"Pentatonix, I know that song.  My mom used to sing it to me whenever I was scared.  I've never been a big fan of thunderstorms either."

"Do you-  do you think that you could maybe sing it?" 

Marinette looked up at Adrien's face.  He was looking down at her and he looked kind of embarrassed.  She smiled, "Alright."

"Wait, really?  Will it wake up Nino and Alya?"

"Nah, they're both really deep sleepers.  A truck could hit the room and they still wouldn't wake up until they get their full night's sleep."

"So you actually agree to sing to me?"

Marinette looked up at Adrien again.  In his emerald eyes, she saw gratitude, surprise, and something else she couldn't really place. "Yes, I'll sing, but try to get some sleep okay?"

He nodded and closed his eyes as she started to quietly sing.

(The song is above if you want to listen to it)

Close your eyes, lay your head down

Now it's time to sleep

May you find great adventure

As you lie and dream

If you're scared of the darkness

I will calm your fear

There's a light in the hallway

So you know I'm here

So count your blessings every day

It makes the monsters go away

And everything will be okay

You are not alone

You are right at home

Goodnight, goodnight

You won't need me forever

But I'll still be here

For we all have our nightmares

Even me, my dear

From now on, if you need me

You can sing this song

There's a light in the hallway

Burning all night long

So count your blessings every day

It makes the monsters go away

And everything will be okay

You are not alone

You are right at home

Goodnight, goodnight

Marinette hummed at the end and looked up at the boy holding her as she finished the song.  His eyes were closed and he was breathing deeply.  Neither of them had even noticed the the storm had stopped.  She smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Goodnight, Adrien."

To her surprise, he smiled and kissed the top of her head, nuzzling his nose in her hair.

"Goodnight, Marinette."

The next morning

"GUYS WAKE UP!" Alya yelled.

Adrien woke with a start and looked down at the still sleeping Marinette in his arms.  She really was beautiful, wasn't she?  How had he never noticed?

"MARINETTE, GET UP ALREADY!"

"But-"

"No buts, you've been out like a log!  It's 10 am and Nino and I have already changed!" Alya said gesturing to Nino who was sitting on the other bed fully dressed.

"C'mon Al, I won't go back to sleep but can I just lay in bed for 5 more minutes?"

"Fine, but stop cuddling already!" She grinned and walked over to Nino leaving two blushing teens.

"How long do you think it'll take them to realize they're still in each others arms?" Nino asked Alya.

"Dunno, I dont think they even realize they're looking at each other with hearts in their eyes." She replied looking at the pictures she had taken of them during the movie and when they were asleep.

"Superheros or not, Master Fu was right." Nino chuckled.

Alya looked at the two teens, Marinette laughing at something Adrien had just said while he looked at her in pure adoration, and smiled. 

"Those two really are made for each other."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 7.9K 164
Wanna laugh your butt off? You've come to the right place. - Contains: LGBTQ+ content, Hawkmoth dressed as a turkey, Swearing, Me being lazy, Meme...
12.9K 301 200
I think that the tittle says everything ...
858 25 22
When a new project is sprung on the class worth 25% of their final grade. It's critical for the pairs to get to know the depths of each other. Their...
215 8 11
They can't remember who they were. The people they used to be. What they are now is different. The lightning girl. The crown prince. The rebel. The a...