My Wreckage: Camp Nanowrimo (...

By DEAdams717

Troy Walker has lived on Trenton Island all of his life. He has seen many things on his little slice of parad... More

Prologue: Our Good-bye (Troy)
Chapter 1: The First Time I Met Her (Troy)
Chapter 2: This Morning (Troy)
Chapter 3: My 1st Day Of Work (Scarlett)
Chapter 4: Our 1st Connection (Scarlett)
Chapter 5: My 1st Gift to Him (Scarlett)
Chapter 6: The Day I Came Back (Scarlett)
Chapter 7: First Catch (Troy)
Chapter 8: Her 1st Date (Troy)
Chapter 9: The Fourth Of July (Troy)
Chapter 10: Called Out (For Liking Her) (Troy)
Chapter 11: My Night As Santa (Troy)
Chapter 13: My 1st Drunken Night (Scarlett)
Chapter 14:Love Vs.Troy (Troy)
Chapter 15: I Wish I Had A River (To Fall Through) (Troy)
Chapter 16: What I Shouldn't Have Said (Troy)
Chapter 17: His Shining Moment (Scarlett)
Chapter 18: Another Day Off (Scarlett)
Chapter 19: The Night I Faced The Truth (Scarlett)
Chapter 20: The Cove (Scarlett)
Chapter 21: The Night I Fell (Troy)
Chapter 22: When She Confronted Me (Troy)
Chapter 23: When Things Changed (Scarlett)
Chapter 24: When The Truth Broke Me (Troy)
Chapter 25: Where I Found Myself (Scarlett)
Chapter 26: When I Finally Said It (Troy)
Chapter 27: The Last Night (Scarlett)
Chapter 28: The Night I Surrendered (Troy)
Chapter 29: When I Lost Everything (Troy)
Chapter 30: When The Stars Were In My Reach (Troy)
Chapter 31: When He Told Me Everything (Scarlett)
Chapter 32: When I Met My Princess (Troy)
Chapter 33: Our 1st Christmas (Scarlett)
Chapter 34: My Forever (Troy)

Chapter 12: My 18th Birthday (Scarlett)

159 11 0
By DEAdams717

(Past)

Scarlett

"Seriously, Brit. This is all really expensive." I looked around behind the spa chairs and there was an array of bags. I didn't even know the island had a mall. Not that I was ever a mall person, but you would have thought Britt, Tiff, and I were the three shopping amigos in a Hollywood teen movie or were going to the prom. I guess that made this okay, since I had to miss mine because of the move. It wasn't like my mom cared. I kept telling myself to sit back and enjoy this, but Brit had the credit card and was going swipe crazy.

"Please, it's the company expense." She sat back and relaxed in the massaging chair flipping the shiny black card in her fingertips. "Don't...worry about it."

The nail technical rolled her thumb over the dip in my foot sending a pleasure pulse up my leg. "Mphh!"

"I know right?" Cooed Tiff.

"Consider it a thank you, from Mr. Walker himself for having us be on our feet for so long." Brit giggled, "Well some of us."

I looked over at Brit defensively.

"Britt!"

Her eyes widened. "What? Nobody's judging her."

"Judging me about what?" I snapped.

Her eyes got even wider."Look...I..." He blew out a nose breath, "All I'm saying is," She sat up and looked at Tiff than at me, "Tiff and I have known Troy for a long time, and he's a good guy, for the most part but he's never done anything like this before."

My eyebrow twitched. "Anything like what?"

"Give us the company credit card and ask us to show you a good time around town." She shrugged softly as if trying to soften the blow of what she was saying, "We were just wondering..."

"Wondering what?"

"Nothing." Tiff's eyes snapped at Britt angrily.

"What, he's been spending a lot of time with her."

"Look, I'm not like that."

"Come on, I mean, it's not like he'd go for me because of Zeke and the 'bro-code'" She flicked her hand over to Tiff, "Tiff and Eddie have been together since they were in diapers. Face it by default you're a target

The thought itself made me cringe. "What about Heather?"

The two girls on each side of me looked at each other with matching amused smiles.

"Please. Who hasn't had Heather." Said Britt.

I slid my bottom lip between my teeth. Why had I been so blind?

"Just enjoy the pampering." Britt leaned back as the technician massaged her hand.

"I'm not going to sleep with him," I blurted.

"Nobody's saying you have to sleep with him." Tiff said, "Just you know, make him think he has a chance."

I shook my head. I wasn't going to be that kind of person. I hated the thought of Troy using me like that. It was like everything he said about demanding respect was game. I didn't want to think that way, but it made sense. This was a small town, the guy liked women, he liked to fish, and he liked a challenge. I was his challenge. His Moby Dick. I felt like the biggest idiot to not see it before. I was ready to go to the restaurant and quit.

I felt a hand brush up against mine causing me to jump. "Scar, look Troy has always been a decent boss. I mean, he's a player, but he's understanding. Just be upfront with him."

I leaned back. I just wanted to disappear. I never meant to put myself of a players radar, but I guessed it was all my fault. Tiff did put out a fairy princess vibe at times but she had a point, I needed to let him know that what ever he thought was going to happen with us wasn't going to happen.

After we had finished getting our nails, and hair done, Brit decided that we wore our new clothes out of the store. We rode in Britt's jeep back to the restaurant.

Britt stepped out first. "I left something in the back. Give me a minute." The restaurant was dark but the door seemed to be unlocked. That was odd. Maybe Troy was in and Britt had called him.

It felt weird to get dressed up to go back home. I already knew I was going to get questioned when I got home. It was times like this I wished I had a car of my own. It would have been nice to ride around, and get lost somewhere. I even considered going to early enrollment. I had miserably failed at just going under radar.

"Come on," Tiff said jerking the keys out of the ignition, "She's taking too long."

I didn't know why she wanted me to go too, I didn't think she had been gone that long, nor was it a two person job. I just went with it.

Tiff pushed open the door and the lights flicked on and before I even knew what happened. I noticed a crowed room shout "Surprise!"

I couldn't help but smile seeing the banner that read Happy Birthday Scar and seeing so many people. Then I noticed Troy with his arms crossed standing next in the middle of Heather and Britt. He started toward me with a half smile across his face.

"We knew that this was possibly your only summer here and we thought we'd put this together, to remind you of home."

I looked around, it was beautiful. It was lit up light Bourbon street. I couldn't deny that it was amazing everyone came together to throw me a birthday party. He then put his arm around me. I thought about pulling away but I didn't want to be rude. We walked over to a table as Nick lit a big purple cake and everyone sung to me.

"Make a wish." Troy murmured making the hair on my neck stand and made me feel a shutter. I didn't like that he had any kind of effect on me, now that I knew what he was after.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes an thought of what I wanted. I wanted to find where I belonged. That's what going to college was all about. I was tired of feeling like I was on the outside looking in. After that we went out back where there was an entire sea food boil. I didn't know Nick or anyone knew how to do a boil. My dad was known for them. It was like home and I noticed everyone having fun.

Troy even tried frog legs, and actually liked them. We danced and partied into the night. I actually had a good time. Then Troy casually walked over asking me to dance. I had had danced with everyone and it shouldn't have made me feel the way I did. I guessed it was what the girls told me.

He guided his hand around me back pulling me smoothly into him. His scent overtaking me and my boy instinctively melting into his as he slowly rocked me. I felt the the stubble of his chin against my cheek. It shouldn't have given me butterflies but it did. It was as if my stupid body was betraying me. My fingers wrapped around his neck and curled in his locks. My heart pushed hard against my ribs. I didn't want to look in his eyes. I knew then I would be over. I wished I hadn't wore a dress. I swallowed thickly and to a breath.

He pulled away and his bright blue eyes met mine. His eyelashes low making them sparkle against the moon's reflection. His eyebrows pushed together. "Are you okay."

I nodded and attempted a smile. I looked up and noticed Heather glaring at me. My eyes fell again.

"How are you enjoying your party."

"Fine, I guess."

He chuckled and at caused my stomach to condense. I looked over at Tiff, her eyes were close as she melted in her boyfriend's arms as they swayed together. They just fit together like puzzle pieces. I looked over at Brit who had a red cup in her hand and was talking to Zeke. Zeke looked around and his eyes met mine and he shot me a small smile and went back to Brit. I then buried my nose in his shoulder.

"What's on your mind?"

I knew it was now or never. "I don't want to have sex with you." I blurted. Maybe I could have rehearsed it better.

He pulled away looking at me. His eyebrows knit. "Okay. I'm glad we've established we aren't out to sleep with each other."

"I mean, I'm not a challenge. If that's what you're trying to do..."

His eyes narrowed. He shook his head. "Why?" His head fell and he nodded. "I understand." He pulled away and kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, "Happy Birthday, Scar." Then he just walked away letting the coldness settle around me. I didn't know if that was part of his game, if I was supposed to go after him. He disappeared into the restaurant.

I felt a hand wrap around mine. I looked up to find Zeke. "Come on."

He tugged me. I looked over at Brit who was now chatting and laughing with Nick. She glanced at me with a smile. She seemed to be okay with me talking to her boyfriend so I calmed.

He pulled a paper bag off of the table and we walked over to the dock. I didn't know if I should have been nervous because it wasn't in the view of everyone else, I assumed he wanted privacy. He sat down on the edge with his feet dangling off the side. I carefully maneuvered myself to sit down next to him as he held my arm.

He twisted the cap off of what ever he was drinking in the paper bag and then nudged it in my direction. I shook me head, and he shrugged took a thick swig and winced.

"I never really got a chance to apologize for Brandon."

"It wasn't your fault." I pushed my freshly cut bangs from my face.

He took another swig. "Brandon and I go back to elementary school." He shook his head, "I didn't think he was that kind of person."

"Zeke, I never blamed you. Brandon is a jackass."

"I'm not like that, Scar." His blue eyes found mine.

"I don't think you're like that." I said.

"I don't know what Troy told you about me...but I can tell you should ask me." He said.

He was right. I had been going on here say with people maybe it was time I talked to the person. "Troy thought you were trying to sleep with me." Like he was.

He chuckled and took a sip of his drink. "Look Brit and I have an understanding. My music is everything, we have no ties."

My eyebrow arced. "Okay."

He laughed again. "Look, getting you a job was a favor for Brit. As my friend, there was no ulterior motive."

I nodded tugging at his drink and taking a thick swig feeling it burn down my throat. It wasn't my first drink and it wouldn't be my last, but I wasn't a drinker. "So this whole time he was just trying to pull one over."

I gave it back and he took a sip. "I'm not saying that. I'm just saying, I have no ulterior motives with you. You are Brit's friend and so you're my friend."

I took a sip of the bottle again. "So what's your brother's deal?" I hated that we were still on his brother, but I needed to know the truth.

"Look," He laughed, "I'm not going to bash my brother. He practically raised me, all I can tell you is what I'm about." He took a swig.

I took a deep swig and let the thick liquid and swished it around in my mouth as I thought. I swallowed. I needed to talk to him. I needed to find out what he saw me as. He would probably lie like he did about Zeke, but I needed to hear it from him. A part of me, I have to admit, didn't want to even ask, but I needed to know what Troy Walker was really about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 1.6K 34
Ever since the summer her parents passed away, every summer has been a terrible one for seventeen year old, Andy Neilsen. So the summer she goes to h...
841K 32.1K 64
#1 in the Reece family. Grayson "Gray" Reese came back home after a couple of tours overseas to the small town of Oak Island NC where he grew up and...
4.2M 91.4K 45
When Madison Banks moves to California with her dad after her parents divorce, she's ready for the sun, the waves, and the beach Hotties. Little did...
12.6K 204 43
a conrad fisher story „My heart is completely devoted to you, Millie. You're everything I want, everything I need." ...