Goodluck ; Meanie

By gochii_

In which Jeon Wonwoo is truly, madly, deeply, in love with the ever studious Kim Mingyu. More

Adore U
Mansae
Pretty U
Aju Nice
Boom Boom
Without You
Epilogue: Clap
Thanks [AUTHOR'S NOTE]

Don't Wanna Cry

457 16 5
By gochii_

° When half of me is gone,
How could I live as one? °

"Mingyu, are you breaking up with me?"

It's raining heavily outside so Wonwoo is stuck in his home doing nothing. The TV channels are not working due to the inclement weather. The store is also closed today that's why he doesn't have work. Due to his boredom, he decided to call Mingyu.

"Wonwoo?" Mingyu asked when he picked up the call.

"Are you busy? Wanna come over?" Wonwoo invited but the other man let out a sigh.

"I'm kinda busy." He stated.

"You're studying?" Wonwoo questioned. He felt like Mingyu isn't the mood to talk so what he wanted to do was to cheer him up.

"Yeah." Mingyu gave him a short reply.

"You should take a break. You've been studying non stop. C'mon let's go somewhere." Wonwoo said as he walked to his room to pick an outfit.

"I can't. Don't you see that this is important to me? I can't just put this aside." Mingyu scolded. Wonwoo was taken aback by Mingyu's tone that caused him to stop what he's doing.

"Maybe some other time? I really need to work on this." Mingyu said after recollecting himself.

"I'll just come over and watch you study. I'll be quiet, I promise." Wonwoo doesn't know how to give up. It's been days since he has seen the younger and the only thing he wanted to do was to feel Mingyu's embrace.

"Wonwoo, stop it. It's raining heavily outside. I don't want any interruptions at the moment. I'll just..." Mingyu said as he think of words to say. "I'll just call you soon." Before Wonwoo could even say goodbye, Mingyu already ended the call.

Wonwoo tried to be understanding but it sometimes get to him. He knows that Mingyu is working hard to get his degree but he can't remove the doubt that Mingyu might not want Wonwoo anymore. He just tried to recall all of their genuine memories together to keep his messed up thoughts in place.

"He's simply busy. That's all. We'll just have to wait 'til his free again." Wonwoo reassured himself. Before he could doubt their relationship again, he decided to just take a nap.

A week later...

Wonwoo is currently at Mingyu's place. He is watching Mingyu and his classmates having a group study while he prepared snacks in the kitchen. It's odd that Mingyu rarely calls him now and if he does, he asked him to make snacks for his friends. He stopped starring at the group and focused on the food he's making.

Mingyu checked on Wonwoo to see if he's done. When the food is ready, Mingyu kissed Wonwoo lightly on the lips.

"Thanks, babe. I'll make it up to you." He said with a wink as he walked out the kitchen. This made Wonwoo a blushing mess. He was supposed to be mad at the younger but he ended feeling the butterflies all over again.

Since he already done his job in preparing their snacks, he just stayed at Mingyu's room while he wait for them to finish studying. He took out his phone and scanned their pictures together.

It was almost midnight when the group finished. Wonwoo fell asleep on Mingyu's bed. Good thing he doesn't have work tomorrow. Mingyu scanned his boyfriend who is fast asleep in his bed. Mingyu admitted that he missed him. It's been a while since he took his time off the books and into his boyfriend. He didn't bother waking him up and instead, he layed down and cuddled Wonwoo. Even when asleep, Wonwoo shifted himself closer to Mingyu as he wrap his arm around his torso.

"Wonwoo..." Mingyu whispered but got no reply. He stroked his hair as he stared at the beautiful face of Wonwoo.

"I know you're having a hard time because of me. I'm sorry if i'm always busy. Thank you for understanding me specially when i'm not in the mood. I love you, Wonwoo." He whispered. Mingyu was aware of Wonwoo's feelings but he just doesn't know how to make it better. He needs to study but at the same time, he wants to be with Wonwoo. It made him wonder if he would be really able to have both or does he has to get one by sacrificing the other. He decided to just not think about it and let fate take him to where he needs to be.

Little did Mingyu knew was that Wonwoo is awake. He heard everything and he couldn't help but smile because of the sweet words that came from Mingyu.

Wonwoo woke up to an empty bed. Mingyu wasn't beside him. He looked around the house and there was breakfast in the kitchen. He looked through it and saw a note. It says:

Wonwoo,

I'm sorry if I have to go so early. We still haven't finished our group work and we have to pass it by today. I made you breakfast :) Love you

Mingyu

Wonwoo, once again, let out a sigh. It's always like this. Ever since he failed the previous exam, all he ever did was study. He couldn't hang out with Wonwoo and his friends anymore. Wonwoo knew he Mingyu has to work twice as hard but it's all he ever think about. He couldn't get a day off and as much as Wonwoo tried to understand it, it's getting more tiring. Wonwoo sacrificed most of his time but he can't with his.

Wonwoo quickly ate the breakfast Mingyu prepared and left his place to go to his. Wonwoo took a day off since they were supposed to hang out before he goes to school. Wonwoo stayed at his house once again, feeling as bored as ever.

Jisoo
Accept | Decline

"Hey Jisoo! What's up?" Wonwoo greeted.

"Hey. Are you guys busy?" Jisoo asked.

"I'm not. Why?" Wonwoo asked.

"I got this free movie tickets from a raffle and i'm hoping maybe you and Mingyu could watch it with me." Jisoo explained.

"Mingyu can't come but I can. I'll join you." Wonwoo stated. Maybe it'll be a great way to spend the rest of the day.

"Okay, great. Around 11:00am at the mall? We can eat lunch first before we watch the movie." Jisoo suggested.

"Okay, call. I'll see you there."

"Bye!" Wonwoo checked the time and it's just 9:00am. He has a plenty of time to prepare so he just watched some TV show to waste time.

They met at the cafe by the mall 30 minutes late. Wonwoo got carried away and was not aware of the time.

"So what do you wanna watch?" Jisoo asked once they ordered their drink. They made their way to the cinema where they face different movies to choose from.

"How about something scary?" Wonwoo asked. Wonwoo is good at handling horror movies so he doesn't really mind. He's not quite sure about Jisoo though.

"Call. The first one to scream will have to pay for dinner." Jisoo suggested. Wonwoo took the bet. They went to the ticket booth to claim their tickets then headed straight to the cinema.

"I obviously won." Wonwoo said once they were out. The movie was pretty scary but only because there were too much jumpscares. The character itself is not really that terrifying.

"Nobody won. We literally screamed at the same!" Jisoo insisted. They argued a bit more until Wonwoo gave up. He decided to pay for their dinner in exchange of the free movie.

"So I remember this one time back in L.A. I was so young and I was really playful and naughty back then." Jisoo shared.

"Aren't you playful and naughty now?" Wonwoo joked.

"No, i'm not. Hear out my story. So as I was saying, I was feeling a bit playful so I decided to wear this tiger printed shirt that is see through. You could literally see my stomach sticking out. We were playing around so I showed different poses and then my friend took a photo of it. It was funny back then but I just regret it now." Jisoo continued.

"Wait, are you talking about this picture?" Wonwoo said as he took out his phone to show him the picture. Jisoo tried to snatch the phone but Wonwoo was able to avoid it. Wonwoo kept laughing as Jisoo tried to take his phone. They didn't notice the people that was passing by until Jisoo bumped into someone. They stopped playig with each other and said sorry to the lady who just shrug it off as she continue walking.

"Umm Jisoo, your jaw is on the floor already." Wonwoo teased as Jisoo's eyes followed the girl he bumped into. Jisoo quickly got out of his trance and hit Wonwoo playfully.

"Shut up." Jisoo said jokingly.

"I'll find her for you then i'll send her this picture. It would definitely be a great turn on." Wonwoo joked once more. Jisoo knew he couldn't stop the younger so he just let him be.

They finally arrived at the Korean Barbeque place after walking for so long. They were tired and they needed great food to give them the energy.

"I'll make sure to order as much portions as I can so you'll be broke." Jisoo said but Wonwoo just shrugged it. Wonwoo knew Jisoo is not really the one to eat much.

"Do you want to order soju?" Jisoo asked as he scanned the menu. Wonwoo quickly shooked his head as he informed him that he has to work tomorrow.

They took their time in eating delicious meals while they share great stories along the way. For a while, Wonwoo was able to forget his problems with his relationship. It was fun while it lasted.

Jisoo walked Wonwoo back to his place because he doesn't want to go home yet. When they opened the door, they were greeted by Mingyu.

"Mingyu!" Wonwoo exclaimed.

"Hey Mingyu." Jisoo greeted. Mingyu greeted back. Wonwoo and Jisoo exchange their goodbyes before they parted ways. Mingyu sit back at the couch while Wonwoo went to his room to change his clothes.

"You didn't told me you were coming." Wonwoo said from the room.

"Why are you so late?" Mingyu asked once Wonwoo got out of his room.

"Yes Mingyu, I miss you too. And i'm not that late, it's just 7:30pm." Wonwoo answered. He took a seat beside Mingyu and he leaned his head on his shoulders.

"We were supposed to hang out today." Mingyu said sternly. Wonwoo noticed the tone in his voice so he took a look at Mingyu's expression. He lifted his head to look at him.

"Yeah, that's before you go to school. You never told me you'll be home early. I could've declined Jisoo's invitation." Wonwoo replied.

"So you spent the rest of the afternoon with Jisoo?" Mingyu asked. Wonwoo recalled what they did this afternoon and he felt a smile crept on his face.

"Yes. We watch a horror movie and I swear, if you see Jisoo's face, you'll laugh your ass off. You should've also seen when Jisoo bumped into this—" Wonwoo was sharing their day when Mingyu cut him off.

"You should've called me." Mingyu said. Wonwoo's mood suddenly change.

"But you said you were busy. I don't want to disturb you since I know you're studying hard for your degree." Wonwoo tried to reason out. Mingyu let out a sigh.

"That's not enough excuse to not tell me where you are. I waited for you for 3 hours." Mingyu said.

"I waited for you for weeks." Wonwoo sarcastically whispered to himself.

"What?" Mingyu asked.

"You've been using the same excuse to me. Why can't I?" Wonwoo replied, feeling a bit irritated at how their conversation is going.

"Because mine is reasonable." Mingyu replied.

"Look, I don't like how this conversation is turning out. Let's go to sleep." Wonwoo said as he stood up but Mingyu stopped him.

"No. We'll talk about it now. What, you like hanging out with Jisoo more?" Mingyu asked.

"It was just today, Mingyu. What are you so worked up with?" Wonwoo asked as he faced the younger.

"Maybe you don't like spending your time with me." Mingyu stated.

"I should be asking you!" Wonwoo shouted out of exhaustion.

"You rarely hang out with me anymore. Everytime I called you, you always shrug me off. The last time you called me was to make snacks for your friends." Wonwoo said.

"I need to study. You know how important that is to me." Mingyu replied.

"See that's the thing. I tried to understand you as much as I can but you came here, accusing me of something I would never feel when it should be me who asks that question." Wonwoo added.

"It's not like that." Mingyu answered.

"Tell me Mingyu. You're tired of me, aren't you?" Wonwoo asked. He was so afraid to ask this question. The question that has been lingering in his mind from the past few months.

"I would never." Mingyu said.

"Then what's happening? We were just fine. We had things under control." Wonwoo said in a soft voice. He felt weak as he's now letting out his inner frustrations.

"I... I don't know." Mingyu stuttered as he look down. Wonwoo let out a sigh as he tried to stop his tears from falling.

"Am I doing something wrong? Tell me and i'll fix it." Wonwoo insisted. Mingyu stayed silent for a second.

"It's not you, it's me." He said. He looked up to face Wonwoo who's filled with wrecked emotions.

"Bullshit." Wonwoo let out in exhaustion.

"I don't think it's working out for us." Mingyu stated. Wonwoo was taken aback. He never thought of hearing these words from Mingyu.

"What?" Wonwoo asked if he hesrd him right.

"It's not working. We rarely have the time for each other. I know that I would never be able to have two things at the same time. We just kept on hurting each other. It's not healthy for us." Mingyu explained.

"Mingyu, are you breaking up with me?" Wonwoo asked with his shaky voice. Mingyu just looked away. That's when all the build up emotions got out. Wonwoo let the tears fall.

"No, i'm not letting you. We committed to this relationship because we know that we can help each other. If we really want it, there will always be a way. We made promises, Mingyu." Wonwoo pleaded. He was trying to stay strong but it was hard. Seeing Mingyu like this makes it hard.

"I don't want to hurt you." Mingyu murmured.

"You could've realized that sooner, Mingyu. For fuck sake, I never told you to neglect your studies! I just want you to not forget that you have a boyfriend. What is so hard with spending small time with me? You don't want to hurt me but that's what you're doing!" Wonwoo shouted.

"I know that, Wonwoo! Yes, I fucked up, I get it. And I can't change that. I'm ending this so that I can stop hurting you." Mingyu explained.

"Don't you think you're hurting me more with what you're doing? Does those 1 year worth of memories means nothing to you? Is it so easy to end it? We can make it work. Just... we'll come up with something." Wonwoo asked. He can't stop the tears from streaming down his face. Mingyu is also in the verge of crying but he's trying to stop it.

"Wonwoo, I don't love you anymore." Mingyu said as he looked directly at Wonwoo. Wonwoo's mind went blank for a second. How could this be possible? What did he do wrong? There's too much question roaming around Wonwoo's head.

"This is unfair." Wonwoo said to himself.

"This is so fucking unfair." He repeated before he stormed to his room and shut the door. There he let out the sobs that he was holding back for too long. They were supposed to be each other's inspiration, Wonwoo thought. He never knew he would end up being his distraction. Wonwoo is trying his best to hold on but Mingyu is forcing himself out of his grip. Wonwoo felt unpair.

He let out one last sob before wiping his tears away. He exited the room and faced Mingyu again.

"Okay fine." Wonwoo said as he wiped the tears from his cheeks and compose himself. "Let's break up. You don't have the time for me so you don't love me anymore, right? Okay sure. Let's fucking break up." Wonwoo said, trying to stop his sobs from coming out. Mingyu went in for a hug. Wonwoo just let him, he stayed frozen in his place as he indulged into Mingyu's touch for the last time. Mingyu let go and scanned Wonwoo's face.

"I'm sorry, Wonwoo." Mingyu stated before going out the door. Wonwoo felt his legs weaken so he took a seat. He cried once more as he realized what just happened.

They never expected it to end, but it did.

-----

I didn't edit this one so forgive me. I was inspired by this tragic local film so I was able to write this chapter in just 3 hours 😂😂 if it's lacking then i'm so sorry. 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 125 11
- forced marriage type of melodrama -seventeen //Joshua hong
26.3K 1.1K 40
(lower case intended) genre: best friends to lovers, college life, bxb two best friends: a lovesick boy & an oblivious fool
40.2K 457 24
Let your mind gone wild and just imagine you and your bias from Seventeen having a relationship together 💑💖
212K 3.8K 49
An escape from reality and an adventure inside imagination ~ ⚠️ CRINGE WARNING ⚠️