Blood Donor | Dark Romance |...

By Terraniel

Allorian's read all about the shady business of selling one's body to a vampire on the internet - and looked... More

1.1 Donate yourself!
1.2
1.3
1.4
2.1 Biting Monster
2.2
2.3
2.4
3.1 Art
3.2
3.3
3.4
4.1 Push comes to Shove
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
5.1 Addiction
5.2
5.3
5.4
6.1 Two Centuries
6.2
6.3
6.4
7.1 Out of my Mind
7.2
7.3
7.4
8.1 Circles
8.2
8.3
8.4
9.1 Happiness
9.2
9.3
9.4
10.1 What's Love?
10.2
10.3
10.4
11.1 Confession
11.2
11.3
11.4
12.1 Home
12.2
12.4
13.1 Family
13.2
13.3
Epilogue - Everything's well that Ends well
Extra

12.3

7.8K 518 25
By Terraniel

There's a red sports car parked in front of the bar when I leave. Instantly, the worried frown on my face eases away as a delighted grin takes over. While I try to reign it in, I don't succeed - not even a little bit. It's kind of embarrassing since he's watching me walk over and take my place inside the car.

"Someone's looking happy," he observes warily and I lean over to kiss him.

"Well, someone's come to pick me up," I reply cheekily. A smug grin tugs at one corner of his lips before he shakes his head at me and concentrates on the street. The moment he speeds off, I'm pushed back into the seat and fasten the belt in a hurry. "Don't think I'm ever going to get used to this."

"You just need to learn to trust me," he grins, completely relaxed as he forces me close to death at every corner of the street. While I do think I trust him in general, at least for now, I'm not that sure about his vampiric senses. They are keen, that's for sure, but my life's on the line. That reminds me.

"You know your son dropped by again?" I ask carefully, trying to sound casual. It doesn't matter. His fingers clutch at the wheel and he narrows his eyes at the street, causing me to glance aside quickly. "He didn't do anything. I think he's just a bit jealous."

"I'm not sure if you're aware but a jealous vampire isn't funny at all," Dael says flatly. "What did he want?"

"Nothing, really," I reply with a shrug, though I doubt that's going to be enough for him. "Just insulted me and kind of made it obvious that I don't have a place in your life, at least according to him."

"Good thing it's not his decision, then," Dael remarks grudgingly, probably more to himself. Sighing, I watch the houses fly past us, then decide to concentrate on my feet instead because doing otherwise makes me aware of the speed at which he's driving. The silence stretches uncomfortably, leaving me to brood on the conversation I had with Tristan.

"Dael?" I ask carefully after a while, glancing at him from the side. He doesn't respond in any way, so I'll just have to go for it. "You didn't tell him why you didn't want to turn him into a vampire?"

"What's up with that question?"

"Did you or did you not?"

"No. Why are you asking? It's none of your business and it's none of his," he states matter-of-factly. While I'm aware now that this is just him trying to avoid something he regards as troublesome, it's still making me feel bad about myself. I lean back against the seat, slowly turning my face towards him to watch his expression intently.

"I think he feels rejected, especially now that I'm around. Maybe it'd be better if he knew."

"Sorry, Ally, but you don't know him. Hearing his father's sad story isn't going to change anything. He thinks he knows what he's talking about, no matter what you say to him," Dael explains casually, though his brow is furrowed. He sighs heavily afterwards, easing some of the tension out of his features. He's right, though. I don't know anything about his family – and they don't know anything about me.

"Maybe I should talk to him some more, then," I muse loudly. Dael's head snaps around, causing me to flinch instantly.

"Don't even think about it. He's barely older than you and hasn't been a vampire for long," he says flatly before focusing on the road again. I'm glad he does. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to process that type of information because I would be busy worrying about my life instead. Well, the way he makes it sound, I'm supposed to worry about my life anyway. "He's dangerous, Ally. I'll talk to him and make sure he understands that you're off-limits."

Now that makes me wonder what isn't off-limits. Or who. But I don't ask about it, not because I'm afraid of the answer but because he doesn't like talking about it, obviously. Besides, it should be enough to know that he's worried about me and going to take care of things. After all, it's his family, not mine. Then again, I would've preferred to get along with them, but I guess I can't have everything. Maybe it'll turn out fine if I give it some time.

-

The week went by in a blur of sex and work and blissful happiness that leaves me wanting for nothing, except more of what we have. Dael has managed to reduce his blood consumption to the barest minimum, as he calls it, meaning he takes as much as he can without starting to hear my thoughts. Of course, there's the occasional slip-up - meaning he's prying about an hour every day or two, but I guess I can humour him to that extent.

This is nice. Truly nice. I feel like the luckiest man alive. So when Dael drags me off to meet some of his vampire friends, I don't mind the least. 

"Are all vampires rich?" I ask as we walk up the steps up the patio to the four-winged front door. Dael's arm is draped around my shoulders while mine lies around his waist.

"You do realize there are more vampires than rich people in this world?" he shoots back, raising his eyebrows to make a point.

"Then apparently, my boyfriend has very rich friends."

"Apparently, your boyfriend is very rich himself."

"What a snob," I conclude, feigning disgust. His grip on me tenses and before I can protest, his fangs sink into my neckline. I release a strained grunt, then a small string of curses. "You know, sometimes I really wish you could use your sedative."

He chuckles, already pulling back. His hand slips from my shoulder to slap my ass.

"That wouldn't be half the fun. You know I love it when you feel me." His voice drops lower at the end, and I roll my eyes at him. "And I know you love feeling me slide into you."

I let out a small laugh before shaking my head at him.

"Your an idiot," I remark but pull him close at his waist at the same time. Our sides collide, and we both lean in for a brief kiss. It's not the hungry kind, the one where lips get pulled down and teeth clash and tongues entwine. This is the soft kind of kiss where our lips gently brush another before we lean in further, pulled in by the sweet scent of the other. We barely move; instead, we enjoy the stillness.

That is, until a barked laugh and the clapping of exactly one pair of hands disturb us.

Dael moves away to glare at the intruder, who happens to be our host and the only person I have ever seen Dael hug. It's the guy with the curly red hair that I met at the pool party - or rather, caught a glimpse of. I had also found a couple pictures of him back at Dael's mansion, though I never asked about them.

"Aren't you guys cute together?" He walks across the patio with quick steps, already holding his arms out to pull Dael close. It's yet again surprising to see my moody vampire this touchy with anyone besides me. A spark of possessiveness quickens my heartbeat, and I consciously shove the jealousy aside. It's ridiculous.

"It's cute," Dael grins at me over the shoulder. The bastard. Chuckling, he pulls away from his friend to come back to me. "Come on, all I'm getting is that sliver of animosity that has you glaring at me."

I immediately work on my expression.

"You're still sucking him dry?" redhead chimes in, walking over to us. Dael shrugs.

"You know I get hungry easily."

"And we don't want that to happen," the guy grins before his attention shifts to me. "He's unbearable when he's hungry, believe me. Like, if you catch him being grumpy, it's probably that."

"He's always grumpy," I scoff. Dael pinches my side and I yelp surprised, flinching away from him. My reaction leaves him with a smug grin while his friend chuckles, clasping his shoulder.

"He has a point, though," he mentions, then quickly holds his hands up as Dael glares at him. Instead, he decides to offer one to me, and I shake it. "I'm Leonidas, by the way, but Leo's fine."

"Allorian."

"Is it rude if I say I know already?" he laughs. "Dael's been going on and on-"

"Okay, we get it," Dael interrupts loudly.

Now I really want to know what Leo was going to tell me. After all, it's not every day that I meet someone who can give me some juicy details on Dael's life, especially not concerning his thoughts about me. To be honest, I never really thought about it that he might be talking about me with someone else.

"You don't need to be so curious, there's nothing you don't know already."

"Then I guess there's no harm in Leo telling me," I shoot back playfully. Dael rolls his eyes at me, and I decide to let it drop for now when he starts pulling me along. Leo leads the way into his home - or rather, through it and out to the garden. I don't recognize any of the three people awaiting us at the pool; all vampires.

There are two dark-haired guys taking a swim. They make their way over to the rim as they see us approaching, their wet hair plastered to their glistening faces. Each has a grin on their lips as they push themselves up and out of the water. The woman is sitting nearby, cooling her pale legs. She leans back on her hands, tilting her head to get a good look at us. Her red hair is held together in a loose bun. Some wet strands cling to her cheek.

"Meet my lovely sister, Ariane, and her two boyfriends, Paul and Max," Leo introduces the bunch with a lavish wave of his hand in their direction while his sister gets to her feet again, flashing me a bright smile. Either Paul or Max slips his hand around her waist to pull her close before she can scurry off.

"Two?" I repeat pointedly, and Dael narrows his eyes at me. I quickly lift my hands in what I hope is a placating gesture. "Don't worry, I've got enough on hands with only one of you."

Ariane lets out a melodic laughter, and the guy at her side snorts, hiding his lips behind one hand. Her other boyfriend isn't as coy about it.

"I like him. No idea why you've been hiding him from us for so long," he grins at Dael, who happens to look a little bit too tense for my liking. I give him a peck on his jawline, but he's quick to turn his head so our lips meet instead. Mine pull back into a smile.

"God, they're so cute," Ariane mutters, giving her boyfriends a pointed look, one after the other. The one next to her rolls his eyes at her before leaving a soft kiss on her forehead. She grins, satisfied. The other laughs.

"I'm Paul, by the way," he introduces himself as he walks over to us. "And you must be Allorian. We've all heard so much about you."

"Have you?" I grin, raising my eyebrows at Dael.

"Apparently," he mutters, same moment Paul chimes: "Definitely!"

Dael glares at him, and that actually results in what I can only consider friendly bantering. It's endearing to see him like this with other people - vampires, but I guess it's the same. They're all really nice and I enjoy hanging out with them. Maybe it's just that I've gotten better at dealing with strangers; who knows?

It's late in the evening when I notice my phone vibrating, and I excuse myself to see what's going on. Tristan.

____________________________

Thanks for reading, guys! Have a great day :)

XOXO

T.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

855K 25.1K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐๐„ - ๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ----- ๐ƒ๐˜๐‹๐€๐ ๐‡๐€๐‘๐‘๐ˆ๐’ I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
3.8M 72.8K 89
*THIS BOOK NEEDS TO BE HEAVILY EDITED* TW: kidnapping, manipulation, toxic/abusive relationship, violence, death, grief, self-harm, suicidal thoughts...
3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
261K 10.8K 49
[COMPLETED] เณ‹แƒฆ๐ŸŒนแƒฆเณ‹ He stands roughly a few feet away from me, his body towering over my crouched one. I bring my legs up to my chest, pushing myself...