Introducing Ivy

By f4bulous

Colton Adams, son of professional football player Garrett Adams, is the typical Hollywood golden boy despite... More

OFFICIAL TRAILER
The Friend Zone
The Break Up
The Soulmates
The Distance
The Cliff
The Proposal
The Diner
The Jar
The Talk
The Game
The After Party
The Boyfriend
The Dance
The Show
The Fight
The Recovery
The Vampire
The Reunion
The Event
The Reasoning
The Response
The Baby
The What?
The Castle
The Prom
The College Decision
The Graduation
E P I L O G U E
EMMA'S SPIN OFF

The Dinner

8.3K 252 23
By f4bulous

COLTON

I was awoken by voices. Not just any voice but Ivy's loud ass talking on the phone. I groan and turn the other way and stuff my pillow into my ears to block out the noise. It still didn't block it out enough. I could tell she was stressed. I wonder who would be calling at the crack of dawn. For heaven's sake, it was still dark outside. It should be early in the morning. She sighs into the phone, "Bye. I love you too."

I hear her body lay back down on the bed with a huff and I turn back over to face her. Her hands grab the pillow off my face and her smile immediately brightens up the dark room. "Why are you talking so loud," I grumbled still half asleep so my morning voice was in effect.

Her eyes twinkled, "Your voice sounds so sexy." Her hand touched my face as she scooted closer to me, "That was my mother. She was wondering where I was."

I roll my eyes, "At six o'clock in the morning?"

She purses her lips before nodding, "They just got home. I told them I was over here and they were like "Oh. bye then." And here we are now."

"Your parents suck," I mumble wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I agree." She yawned, "They can see me at a reasonable hour. Let's go back to sleep." And that's exactly what we did. Until ten in the morning.

When we woke up again it wasn't voluntary, it was because of someone. "Colton, Ivy, get your asses up! Ivy's parents will be here soon!" A voice I'm assuming was my sister's filled my ears. I groan and turn away from the noise.

"I don't want to do this knowing you may not have clothes on but-." She rips the comforter off our bodies and I thankfully had given Ivy a pair of sweatpants and a shirt last night.

I slowly open my eyes and glare at her, "Emma, get the fuck out!"

"Get up and I'll leave! If you don't Mom and Dad will surely be glad to come up here to see you in this position."

I can hear Ivy snickering beside me, still cuddled up beside me. I shoot up and narrow my eyes at her, "Oh you think this is funny?"

She opened her eyes, smiled at me, and nodded. "Well, kinda."

"Well, my parents aren't the strict ones who call you at five in the morning. You better go home and get ready before they castrate you."

She pouts before slowly getting up. "Fine. I'll see you soon." She gets up, kisses my cheek, and heads out the door.

I lay there, basically lifeless before I heard my name being shouted from downstairs, "Colton! Get your ass up!" I could tell it was my father's voice.

I groaned, rolled out of bed, and headed into my connecting bathroom to shower and wake myself up. I don't know why I am so tired today. I mean we did get home at midnight, and I was woken up twice. I cleaned myself up and put on a pair of khaki pants, and a navy button-up. I left my hair in a messy state, not wanting to do anything with it.

I headed down the stairs to see my family sitting in the kitchen engrossed in a conversation. "Hey guys."

"Ah, my favorite son has risen!" My mom joked and hugged me and kissed my cheek. I sat down at the island bar beside Emma as my parents stood on the opposite side. "We were just telling Emma that we should invite that little boyfriend of hers to dinner tonight."

Emma groaned, "No! I am not letting him meet the Johnsons. I do not want to scare him away just yet. I actually like him!"

I chuckle beside her, "You know I've never met this mystery, Forrest."

"Yeah, me neither. I would like to have a conversation with the guy who is dating my baby girl." My dad cocks an eyebrow.

Emma sighs, "Fine! I'll bring him here tomorrow, happy?"

My mom beams, "Very happy! Now go get dressed."

Emma gets up and goes to get dressed leaving just my parents and I in the kitchen. We were going into the city tonight for dinner. We usually host it at our house but Ivy's parents wanted to try out some restaurant in Manhattan.

"How was the party last night?" My mom asks. My parents didn't care if I went to parties, just no to drinking and driving. Big no. That's how my grandparents died.

I shrug, "Just hung out with my friends then came home. Nothing really exciting happened."

She understandingly nods, "You played great yesterday. I am so proud of how far you've come."

"I think that was one of the best games I've seen you play," my dad comments.

I smile, "I just had a lot of motivation, I guess."

A few minutes later, a knock on the front door alerted us that the Johnsons had arrived. I was instantly greeted by them with a hug. "Wow Colton, you just grow up more and more every time I see you."

I plastered on a fake smile, "Thank you, Mrs. Jen."

We finished our small talk and we headed to the restaurant that was called The View. It was a revolving rooftop restaurant that slowly spun in a 360 circle every hour. As soon as we walked in my mom gasped, "This is the place that your father and I ate at before he proposed to me."

"Oh yeah!" he chuckled, "Wow, that was almost twenty years ago."

I walked over to Ivy who was talking to my sister. "Hey guys." I greeted, "Ives you look gorgeous."

She had on a flowing blue dress that had flowers on it. It had a V-neck and came to her mid-thigh. God, she looked incredible.

"Thank you, Colton, you look handsome as well." I grinned and kissed her cheek. We had planned on telling my family about us today. I had a feeling my sister already knew since she went to school with us.

Emma made a gagging noise, "Get a room."

"We are in a room, you get out." I pushed her shoulder lightly, "Anyways you are Forrest would be saying the same thing if he was here."

"Oh, was he going to come?" Ivy asked.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, "No because someone didn't want him to meet someone's crazy ass family. But if you come over tomorrow there's a slight chance you can meet him."

Emma sighs, "You're an ass."

"It's okay I wouldn't want anyone to meet my family anyway. I hate having to spend time with them." Ivy says, "All they do is just bicker at my life choices." I feel a small pang of sadness in my heart for her. I wanted nothing but to give her the family she had always wanted. I am just so glad my parents care for her as if she were their daughter.

"I find it weird that we go to the same school as this kid yet we never see him, or have heard of him," I state.

Emma rolls her eyes, "That's because he is new. He is from Maine and he plays baseball." I nod, still curious about this guy.

We sit down for dinner and I order a chicken breast with a salad and a crab cake. Ivy settled on some vegetarian meal that sounded disgusting. She wasn't even a leaf eater, I don't get why she ordered it. It was a cactus pillar.

Yeah, I know, sounds gross.

"Colton, you need to get out of your comfort zone and try something new," she told me.

I shook my head, "There is no way in hell I will eat any cactus leaves."

"Fine, stick to your basic chicken." She rolled her eyes.

Once we started to eat our food I took a deep breath and stood up from my seat, "Hey I need to tell you guys something."

Emma gasped, "You're pregnant!"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "No." I grabbed Ivy's hand and pulled her out of her chair to stand up. My mom immediately smiled as if she knew what we were going to say. "Well, uh, we are dating."

The table erupted in cheers as my dad held his glass up, "It's about damn time, son."

"Well, yay! Finally! I always wondered when you two would date. I remember Colton coming up to me months ago after dinner and confessing his love for her to me." My eyes widen and I blush and look down, sitting quickly. And that's another reason why I dislike Ivy's mom. She doesn't know her boundaries to stop talking.

Ivy sat down and grabbed my hand, "You are so sweet."

I shook my head still embarrassed, "Yeah, yeah. Now eat your leaves."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.9K 1.8K 50
Alexis was heartbroken when August, her best friend of ten years, humiliated her in front of the whole school. August leaves school the same year and...
3.2M 80.8K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
42.2K 2.1K 48
His heart was the key to his love. His heart was a wonderful broken place. His heart was mine and my heart was his. The problem was how long were we...
6.7M 130K 59
BOOK COMPLETE - EDITION ONGOING. This work is intended for an 18+ audience. I stop searching for it and stand in front of him, perplexed. Is he sayin...