Fireflight (Sky High)

By Fireleaves

Ava Stronghold is the adopted daughter of Steven and Josie Stronghold and adopted sister of Will with the abi... More

Disclaimer
Ava Stronghold
1. Sky High
2. Heroes and Sidekicks
3. Unexpected Attention
4. Expectations & Sworn Secrecies
5. Not One To Tell
6. Fireproof & A Big Surprise
7. Save The Citizen
8. Jealousy Plan
9. Broken Promises
10. Homecoming
12. All Heroes
13. Dragon & Fire
Playlist

11. Dragon Up

8.8K 184 18
By Fireleaves

After Will left, Zach and Magenta crawled back into the vent since there wasn't much they could do.

Warren, Layla, Ethan and I stood our ground against Speed, Lash, and Penny. Yet again, my dragon was threatening to shift.

Wait! It's too small in here! You won't fit! I linked with her.

Warren lit his hands up and Speed ran past him swiftly, making him run after him. Penny's clones appeared and pursued Layla. Lash stretched his arm and grabbed Ethan.

I have an idea! My dragon replied.

I slid out of my shoes and threw off my jacket and my skin itched once again morphing into blue scales. My feet and hands shifted into claws. Next, my wings extended out at the same time as my tail. I felt my teeth sharpen and my vision enhance even more.

In seconds, I saw that my appearance was a splice of human and dragon blended together. I looked more like a gargoyle with scales.

I turned and saw Ethan being pressed against the lockers by Lash's extended arm. I flew in ready to attack Lash snarling which sounded animalistic.

"Ava?!" Ethan gasped seeing my form.

It's still me Ethan! I'm coming! I answered since I couldn't use my voice.

"Go help the others! I'll deal with Lash!"

You sure?

As Lash directed a punch at Ethan, I saw the latter melt into a puddle an inch away into the boy's restroom. Lash's first hit the locker, hurting himself.

"Come back and fight! You..." Lash yelled.

He turned to me and his face paled like he had seen Smaug himself and darted after Ethan.

Looks like Ethan can handle him. My dragon nodded.

Yeah! I nodded.

I caught up with Warren who glanced at me for a bit, surprised to see my new spliced form.

Don't worry, it's me. I mind-linked him.

I saw Warren's hands engulfed in flames as Speed was making it hard for him to throw a fireball at him.

Speed ran ahead while Warren pursed him. I flapped my wings and hovered about a foot off the floor. Right up ahead, I saw Ethan had gotten out of the boy's restroom. It looked like he already dealt with Lash. On seeing Speed running super fast towards him, Ethan melted into his puddle form, causing the bully to slip.

I inhaled deeply and let out an ice breath, causing the floor ahead to ice up, which made it easy for Warren to throw a fireball at Speed, which got him in the rear and smashes headfirst into the wall.

"Way to go, Popsicle," Warren commended Ethan and they both high fived each other.

"Nice shot Ava," Ethan smiled.

Thanks! I nodded.

I left the guys and tracked Layla into the cafeteria where Penny and her clones were cornering her. On seeing the original Penny smack Layla in the face with a smirk, that set me off.

That's it! No one hits my best friend and gets away with it! I snarled.

"Big mistake," Layla glared at Penny.

I flew in roaring and landed at my friend's side. Penny and her clones stepped back. I sensed that it wasn't just my form. Layla was using her powers!

I saw a cluster of vines burst through the windows and grab a hold of Penny and her clones, tangling them up.

"But I thought you were a sidekick!" Penny shouted in her whiny tone, which I was sick of.

"I am a sidekick," Layla smiled proudly.

More than just that! I hissed at the annoying multiple cheerleaders.

"Don't leave us here to die!" one of the clones shouted at Layla and me as we were about to take off.

"Royal Pain sabotaged the antigravity device!" another one called out.

"The whole school is gonna fall out of the sky!"

"We only have ten minutes!"

I had Layla grab on to me as I flew us out of the cafeteria tracking down the others.

"How were you able to shift without getting large?" my best friend asked me as I flew on.

She caught on to how small the hallways are, wanting to help us out. I answered.

"Cool!"

Layla and I found a blueprint of Sky High and found Warren, Ethan, Zach, and Magenta and warned them about the falling. The others were surprised about my spliced form on seeing me. I quickly shifted back to my human appearance.

"Here's the antigravity room," my best friend pointed at the center of the blueprint after unrolling it open.

"Didn't Royal Pain seal off every route?" Magenta asked.

"Hey, what about this conduit?" Ethan asked as he pointed at something at the side.

"Yeah right. You'd have to be like a rat to fit in there," Zach answered.

All of us looked at Magenta.

"Oh great," she sighed.

Once Magenta shifted into her guinea pig form and crawled through the conduit, Zach and Ethan directed her from the opening while Warren, Layla and I raced to help Will and warn him.

I tracked him into the gym where he fought off Gwen.

"Will!" Layla and I called out in unison.

My brother glanced over at us. Gwen suddenly punched him which sent him flying out the window.

"No!" Layla screamed.

I leaped forward, shifting into my dragon form and flew out the window to catch Will. As I dove down to find him, I was surprised to see him flying towards me.

Looks like you got this bro! I smiled seeing that he also got Mom's power.

"Yeah," he nodded and both of us flew back towards the school building.

"Surprised?" Will asked floating near the broken window while I flapped my wings keeping myself in the air, "So am I!"

Gwen turned to us sounding shocked, "You're flying?"

Will flew at her.

"That's impossible!" she shouted as he grabbed and lifted her up and dropped her onto the floor.

He punched her helmet, splitting it into two.

I flew in and landed carefully on my feet as Will went over to Layla and hugged her. Warren patted his arm and went over to me and placed a hand on my muzzle.

That second, I noticed Gwen, who appeared to be unconscious pressed a button on her armor. I let out a growl and suddenly, the building shot down. All of us slammed into the floor.

"The school is falling!" Layla yelled.

I let out a roar. Will flew out the window. I too flew out there and saw him fly underneath the building to try and lift it. I dove down to help him. As Will screamed, I roared and struggled to keep the school from crashing into the earth.

Magenta! Hurry with whatever you're doing!

In split seconds, the building slowed, getting its gravity back. Will and I had lightly landed on a roof of a couple's house, who both looked freaked about almost getting crushed. Plus, they looked shocked and surprised to see us, a super-strong teen and a dragon altogether on top of their roof.

Will managed to lift it at ease. I let go seeing that he had it handled.

"Whoa. That could've been messy," he sighed and smiled at the astonished couple, who just stared at us, "Well, good night."

He pushed the school back into the sky and flew upwards. I flapped my wings and followed him.

After the building was back at 30,000 feet, Will, Warren, Layla, Zach, Ethan, Magenta and I helped Ron unloaded the babies off a bus. We had learned that Gwen had schemed to form an academy for supervillains by starting with the Pacified teachers and students. It just made me want to singe her even more for that. I held an infant who I identified as Dad seeing that he was the only one not in a carrier as most of the babies were.

"Now what?" Layla asked.

"Beats me," Will replied.

"Perhaps, I can be of assistance," the infant Mr. Medulla spoke from the carrier he was in that was handed to Warren which made of all of us turn to him, "It should take me a couple of hours to reconfigure the Pacifier."

I had a weirded out expression since out of all the Pacified folks, Mr. Medulla was easy to identify due to his abnormally large head.

"Mr. Peace," he said, "Would you please carry me to the Mad Science Lab?"

"Sure," Warren replied who had an uncomfortable expression on his face.

"And Mr. Peace."

"Yeah?"

"Regrettably, I have made boom-boom."

All of us stepped back as Mr. Medulla sheepishly grinned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 318 33
Elise is your average 25 year old girl; working hard to earn money and watching Netflix in her spare time. She's a bit of a nerd, loving to know how...
24.6K 680 14
Hello, my white rabbits and mad hatters. This is another version of Sky High. This one is about Will's sister Noel, a girl who wishes it was always w...
354K 12.2K 74
𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐧𝐞. gilmore girls universe. π™š | B L U E Λ–βΊβ€§β‚ŠΛšβ™‘Λšβ‚Šβ€§βΊΛ– ─── blue eyes like the sea on a cold, rainy day ❝ π˜‰π˜“π˜œπ˜Œ π˜Œπ˜ π˜Œπ˜‹ π˜‰π˜Œπ˜ˆπ˜œπ˜›οΏ½...
362K 31.6K 90
Sequel to my MHA fanfiction: β€’.Β°NORMALΒ°.β€’ (So go read that one first)