My Happy Ending

By livelaughluv451

All Amber Walker wants is a happy life. She was always wanted to get a perfect boyfriend, have a perfect marr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue (Last Chapter )

Chapter 50

32.8K 422 39
By livelaughluv451

“Where are we going?” I demanded for about the hundredth time. Noah, as usual, just laughed and kept driving. This morning, he had woken me up and demanded that I get dressed. Then he just about dragged me out the door without another piece of information.

“If you don’t tell me….” I warned openly. Let him imagine all the things I could do to him if he didn’t answer. He glanced over at me with a smile.

“You’ll what?” He asked, not even bothering to hide the fact that he was amused. I let out an angry breath and folded my arms across my chest.

“I’ll stab you in your sleep,” I said. He gave a low whistle.

“Violent,” He commented and said nothing more.

“I will,” I promised. He laughed.

“Sure you will,” he said. I frowned. He still wasn’t the least bit effective.

“I’ll gouge out your eyeballs with my finger nails,” I tried again. He just laughed.

“You’ll do that just because I won’t tell you where we’re going? Feisty,” He said again. I felt like slapping him.

“Just tell me where we’re going!” I whined, trying a different approach. I could always annoy it out of him.

“Nope,” He said, popping the ‘p’. I glared at him.

“Please,” I said in my most annoying voice. He rolled his eyes.

“Cute,” He said. I lost my temper.

“I’m not cute!” I yelled. He still looked amused at my outburst.

“You’re right,” He surprised me. He turned to look at me and made a point of skimming his eyes down my body before turning back to the road. “You’re hot.”

My face heated up and I glared at the ground. “Shut up.”

“Request failed. Try again la-ter,” Noah said in a computer voice.

It was times like these that I wish I could curse in another language…

“Jerk,” I mumbled. He smirked at me.

“Okay, I’ll tell you where we’re going,” He said. I narrowed my eyes. He wouldn’t give up that easily..

“Really?”

“Yep.”

“So where are we going?” I asked, a smile spreading across my face.

“nous allons à ma maison,” He said. I glared at him.

“Can you say that in English?” I said slowly. He grinned.

“Nope.”

“You know I can’t understand French!” I complained, but he smirked.

“That was the point,” He said. I glared at him and hit his arm as hard as I could.

“You’re a jerk,” I said. He smiled.

“Vous êtes belle lorsque vous êtes fou,” he said.

“English!”

“Nope.”

“Speak French again and I really will stab you,” I threatened. He laughed and our conversation ended there. I gazed out the window and got lost in my thoughts.

There was exactly one week left until the dance. I had gone shopping with Alice yesterday and finally picked out my costume.

I was going as the goddess of hell. I absolutely loved my costume. It was a red low cut top that looked like it had a fight with a rabid dog. I wore a thin black under shirt under it considering it hardly covered up anything. With it I had a really short red mini skirt that was spattered with black here and there. It came with ripped up stockings and knee high boots. Even I admitted that I looked hot.

Noah pulled to a stop and turned to face me.

“We’re here,” was all he said. I looked out the window and saw a familiar house.

“What are we doing here?”

We were at his house. Why would he take me here? Drew lived in this same house. I had gone nearly a whole week without seeing Drew since he had been absent all week in class. Why would Noah bring me to his house now?

As if reading my mind, Noah said, “Don’t worry. I made sure Drew wasn’t here,” he said. I frowned.

“Then why are we here? Do you have any other secret siblings I should know about?” I asked sarcastically. He laughed and got out of the car.

I warily opened my door and stepped out into the open. Noah walked to my side and smiled at me.

“I have to introduce you someone,” He said. My eyes widened. So he did have more siblings…

“Who?” I asked. He smiled and dug through his pockets, until revealing a key.

“My mother,” He said. I gasped.

I had to meet his parents?! Would they like me? What if they thought I was ugly or weird? What if they made me stay away from Noah because they didn’t approve?

Noah laughed at my worried face. “Don’t worry, you’ll be fine.” I glanced done at my simple jeans and my fitted shirt.

“But I’m not even dressed that well!” I protested as he twisted the key in the lock and the door opened. Noah smiled as he looked me over.

“You look beautiful,” He promised. I blushed as he took my hand and lead me inside the house.

“Noah? Is that you?” A female voice called from inside the house. I tightened my grip on Noah.

“Yeah, mom. It’s me,” He said. He looked at me and smiled as a woman in her early forties. She was beautiful. She had long brown hair that had a natural wave to it. Her eyes were a mirrored version of Noah’s.

“Who’s this?” She asked, looking at me with a surprised face. I blushed and held out my hand.

“I’m, uh, Amber,” I stuttered. She shook my hand and grinned at Noah.

“You brought a girl home? Finally?” She said. Finally? Does that mean that…

“I’m the first one you brought home?” I blurted out my thought before I could stop it. Then I remembered that Noah had never an actual girlfriend, only slept around. Not something his mom would approve of.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to say that out loud,” I mumbled. She just laughed.

“It’s okay. I know my boy has a bit of a player reputation. He’s too good looking for girls to resist,” She winked at me. I glanced at Noah, who looked uncomfortable.

She did have a point. He was too good looking to resist.

“I hope you two are using protection. I want grandchildren, but not for a while,” She said, frowning at Noah.

“We haven’t, had, you know..” I trailed off awkwardly. But we were going to in a week, I added silently.

“You haven’t slept with her yet? Didn’t know you had that much self-control,” She said to Noah. I felt my face turn a deep shade of red.

“Mom!” Noah complained.

“What? She’s way hotter than all of the sluts I’ve seen leaving in the morning,” She commented. Embarrassment hit me, as well as a pang of jealously as she mentioned the girls he’d been with before.

“Mom! Please stop talking! Like right now!” Noah said.

“What?” She asked innocently. She smiled at me.

“I’m Nora by the way,” She told me.

“You better sleep with my son quickly. Judging from the screams I hear at night, I’d say he’s pretty good in bed,” She winked again.

I froze. Did she just compliment Noah on his skills in bed? I couldn’t contain the laughter that escaped. Soon the only thing keeping on my feet was Noah.

“Thanks Mom,” Noah muttered sarcastically. She smiled innocently.

“I’m just pointing out the obvious to Anna,” She said. I blushed.

“Actually, it’s Amber,” I corrected. Her smile slowly faded into a frown and her eyes flickered to Noah briefly.

“Amber? As in Amber Walker?” She asked warily. I nodded, still confused. How did she know my last name? I didn’t think we’d met before.

“Noah can I speak to you in the kitchen for a moment?” She asked politely, but her voice was strained. Noah nodded and followed her into another room.

Noah’s POV

I walked slowly into the kitchen, knowing a scream fest was waiting for me when I got there. As soon as we were out of ear-shot, my mom begun.

“What the hell are you thinking? You know what that family has done to us!” She scolded. I shook my head angrily.

“Amber is nothing like her father!” I protested.

“She’s exactly like him. She’s lying to you and when this ends badly, you are going to be the one left with all the baggage,” She growled at me. My fists clenched. I didn’t like Amber being compared to her father.

“She is nothing like him! She’s the opposite!” I said in a hushed whisper. My mom was practically shaking with anger.

“No she’s not! She’s fooling you!”

“You don’t know her!”

“Neither do you!”

“I know everything there is to know about her,” I snarled. She gripped the table top angrily.

“She’s playing. She’s a self-centered b*tch that is only thinking about herself. She doesn’t care who she hurts in the process!”

“I’m in love with her!” I blurted out. Her angry composure slipped into a shocked one. I winced. I had got to stop blurting out things like this.

“You what?” She whispered. I sighed and sat down in a chair. I put my head in my hands.

“I’m in love with the girl in the other room and I will not let you judge her based on things her family has done,” I said, my head snapping up to glare at her. She might have my best interest at heart, but she had no right to judge a person she met only minutes ago. Especially when that person is as flawless as Amber.

“Have you told her yet?” She asked, kneeling beside me. I nodded my head slowly.

“Yes,” I said. My mom sighed and pulled up a chair next to me.

“You were right; I had no right to make assumptions like that. I was just worried about you. I don’t want to see you get hurt,” She said.

“I’ll be fine,” I snapped.

“I know you will,” She said. She put a hand on my shoulder, but I shrugged it off. I hated being mad at her, but she shouldn’t have said those things about Amber.

I jumped up and walked back to Amber, leaving my mom behind. Once Amber saw my furious expression, she shot me a questioning look. I just shook my head and took her hand. I lead her back outside.

I get into the car and slam the door shut. A few seconds later I heard her door softly click shut. I threw the car in reverse. I drove down the street twice as fast as I should have.

We made it to her house in no time. I screeched the car to a halt and buried my head in my hands once more.

“Noah,” Amber’s voice shocked me out of my anger fest. I turned to look at her beautiful face which was scrunched up with regret. As soon as I made eye contact with her, tears started to stream down her face.

I felt like someone had dug into my chest and pulled out my heart only to bash it over and over with a metal shovel.

I took Amber’s hand and leaned in closer to her so I could wipe the tears off her reddened cheeks.

“I’m sorry,” She whispered hoarsely. Sorry?

“Why are you sorry, Amber?” I asked. She shook her head and produced a fresh round of tears.

“Your mom doesn’t like me,” She said. It wasn’t a question, but a statement.

“She likes you,” I lied.

“Why did she get mad when I told her my last name?” She asked.

That was one question I had hoped she wouldn’t ask. I couldn’t tell her yet, could I? Was she ready? If I told her, I would run the risk of losing her, and I couldn’t let that happen. I knew I was being selfish, but I wasn’t ready to tell her just yet.

“I don’t know,” I lied again.

“Why do you keep lying to me?” She asked, her voice breaking.

“Why don’t we head inside?” I asked, trying to change the subject. She looked like she was debating whether or not to let it go, but thankfully, she dropped the subject in the end.

“Sure, let’s go inside.”

Sorry if this chapter wasn’t good. I wrote this late at night when the only thing keeping me awake was five packets of Kit-Kats (I hate coffee, I don’t know why.)

Well that’s about it. Stay safe and don’t drink sulfuric acid!

Votes: 70

Next Upload: Monday

Thanks for reading <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.4K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
19.9M 678K 63
(*Now an Amazon Bestselling eBook*) Sera's usually a good girl. (Except for that one wild night in the backseat of a stranger's car!) But what happen...
50.1K 2.1K 45
Fast forward a couple of years later, Maggie is gone and Evan is still trying to figure out what went wrong. Heartbroken and confused, Evan tries t...
10.9M 337K 64
Carter Miller has always been in the spotlight. When your parents happen to be a rich CEO and a famous author, you shouldn't be surprised to have the...