Remember Me [harry styles] ✓

By friesandfiction

Juniper's not heard from her penpal since he got swallowed up by the music industry eight years ago. But wind... More

0 - Blurb and aesthetic
1 - The first letter
2 - The last letter
3 - Live on tour
4 - Gelato and contemplation
5 - Teaspoons and tantrums
7 - Duffel bags and overgrown plants
8 - Private jets and regrets
9 - Humiliation and hugs
10 - Silence and sleeping arrangements
11 - When enough is enough
12 - Numbers and nostalgia
13 - Teddy bears and pastry
14 - Flowers and friends
15 - Ants and pants
16 - Mustard and mirrors
17 - So long and farewall
18 - Tabloids and teens
19 - Lunch breaks and love
20 - Hong Kong and Thailand
21 - Four and sure
22 - Ice cream and gelato
23 - Disinfectant and downcast
24 - Dallas and drivers
25 - Pizza and sleepovers
26 - Buses and warthogs
27 - Segways and screeching
28 - Balconies and broken
29 - Hoodies and help
30 - Yellow and...hello!
31 - Catfish and cream soda
32 - B Stage and berry
33 - Sunshine and rainbows
34 - Ink and bulldozers
35 - Backstage and betrayal
36 - Courtyards and calls
37 - Declarations and disappointment
38 - Questions and milo
39 - Banners and brand new
40 - Tea and Tim Tams
41 - Penpal and polaroids
42 - Harry and Juni
Epilogue - One year later

6 - Instagram and invites

19.1K 570 524
By friesandfiction

 "Maybe one day you'll call me and tell me that you're sorry too."  

I know there are far more productive ways to spend my lunch break, like eating my lunch for example, but instead I'm sat scrolling through Harry's Instagram, having to restrain myself from commenting every single foul name I can think of.

I'm still seething over his cowardly performance in-store yesterday. The fact he doesn't feel I'm entitled to some sort of explanation makes my blood boil, but mostly I think I'm just disappointed that our friendship evidently never meant as much to him as it did to me. 

As it does to me. 

And although it had quite honestly broken my heart to watch him make an escape rather than answer my questions, I hadn't meant to react quite so dramatically.

The napkin holder had shattered as a result of being violently knocked to the floor; sending shards of jagged plastic skittering in all directions. In her surprise at my sudden outburst, Penny had dropped one of the waffle cones, resulting in a mound of Red Velvet Smash piled up on the counter. And when all the mess had been tidied away, she'd demanded to know what the flaming hell was that all about? But instead of just telling her, I'd burst into tears.

If I'd thought that seeing Harry again after so many years was to be the most uncomfortable moment of my life, I'd been sorely mistaken. As it transpired, Penny attempting to comfort me with a one-armed hug - whilst still clutching an ice-cream in the other hand and trying desperately not to get it in my hair - turned out to to be the winner of that title.

And now all I want to do is find a way to erase the past two day's events from my mind, so that I can go back to wondering about Harry Styles rather than loathing him. It's going to be a damn long afternoon and I'm pretty sure that the only thing that's going to get me through it, is knowing that my shift ends in two hours when my boss shows up to take over, and tomorrow's my day off. 

I can spend the whole of tomorrow wallowing in self-pity. Yay

I continue to roll my thumb over the phone screen and sigh. He'll be in Sydney tomorrow for the next date of the Australian leg of the tour and my chance will have officially passed. A part of me thinks that perhaps it's time to move on. Maybe it's time to accept that my friendship with Harry just really wasn't meant to be. But I've not given up on him before, so why should I now?

The clock ticking over to the next minute catches my eye and an exasperated huff leaves my lips. My break ends in five minutes which means I have to return to Penny's prying eyes and her not so subtle attempts at getting answers out of me regarding yesterday. Ever since I opened up the store this morning, she's been glued to me like a baby joey; practically breathing down my neck and staring at me with expectant eyes.   

But there's no way in hell that I'm telling her anything

It's not just because the situation between Harry and I is a complete and utter mess. Nor is it because, when said out loud, it actually sounds incredibly embarrassing to admit that Harry Styles has been giving me the cold shoulder since 2010. It's more because Penny is seventeen years old, for Christ's sake. It'll be one of those scenarios where you bare your all to someone after a pleading promise of oh, don't worry I won't tell a soul! only to discover it on all social networking platforms an hour later. 

And given that Harry Styles is involved, that's not going to be a good thing. 

I lock my phone screen, only for it to immediately come to life again. It's a notification from Instagram, and for a brief moment, I think that maybe I did comment all those completely savage thoughts I'd had regarding him, and now his fan base are cyber-attacking me for it. Except, upon closer inspection, it's not a response to a comment at all. It's a direct message. 

And it's from Harry. 

I'm pretty sure my heart has dropped to my stomach. At least, that's what it feels like. But rather than open the message and satisfy my burning curiosity, all I can think about is the fact that he's looked me up on the app. He's actually bothered to find me online.  

And this makes me a hell of a lot happier than it probably should. 

I tap the notification, key in my incredibly unoriginal 0000 pass code and watch as the app fills the screen.  

My eyebrows shoot up as I read his message.  

What the hell? 

Why the bloody hell would I just rock up to Essendon airport to listen to whatever shitty excuse he's prepared, when he could have just told me yesterday? And also, why at the airport? If Harry thinks we're going to have some emotional farewell in the departure lounge before he jets off to another state, then he's got another thing coming. 

I've never felt more riled up. Why should I be the one to make all the effort when he's the one who's screwed up multiple times now?

I'm well aware that he's basically offering to give me the one thing I've wanted more than anything for nearly a decade, but I will not be a push over. He doesn't just get to be a complete bastard and then attempt to make up for it by flashing his glamorous lifestyle under my nose. Not to mention, I'm certainly not wasting petrol on his stupid flamboyant arse. 

The staff room door swings open, revealing Penny. I hadn't noticed it before, but she's wearing lipstick today. A sort of shimmery burgundy colour that makes her already pale skin look borderline transparent. I assume she thinks there's a chance that Harry's coming back to the store and I almost pity her for wanting to impress him. In fact, I'm half tempted to send her to Essendon airport instead. I can only begin to imagine his reaction. 

"Are you coming back out?" She asks, eyebrows mashed together in a frown. If I'm not mistaken, she's pencilled them in. And that faint shimmer on her face could be highlighter. I glance at the clock on the wall above her head and realise I should have been back from lunch nearly ten minutes ago. 

Oops. 

"I'll be there now." I tell her with a forced smile. She shrugs and disappears back out front, leaving me to turn my attention to yet another message from Harry.

"Bugger off!" I exclaim and launch my mobile into my open backpack. 

How dare he do that. How dare he reference the first letter he ever sent me, like some sort of emotional blackmail. How much of a pushover does he think I am? I want to scream at the top of my lungs but it'll probably just attract some unwelcome attention from Penny and more of those awkward hugs. I know I need to get back to work but it feels like my skin is on fire, almost as if the blood running through my veins has turned to lava. 

I stand up and retrieve the peach apron hanging over the backrest of my chair. I am one hundred percent going to help myself to the gelato when I get out there. Maybe if Penny and I are really lucky, Harry will come back, and I'll have an opportunity to actually get my tea spoon to hit him in the face this time. 

I throw one last glance at my backpack where my phone is now buried and snicker. 

If Harry knew me at all, he'd know that there's no way in hell that I'd ever agree to his ridiculous proposition. 

author's note: Oh is that so, Juni? What does everyone think of the story so far?? I'm really enjoying writing it and spending far too long making those instagram pics lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

661K 40.4K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.7K 53 12
George didn't know what he was expecting when he finally moved to the USA, so on his first night, he met up with the US gang. Lets say the party went...
459K 9.6K 35
All reality shows are fake, aren't they? Nobody could possibly fall in love on television, even if The Bachelor is Harry Styles. A Bachelor AU in whi...
137K 3.2K 52
In which two thieves and the girl they kidnapped go on an interesting road trip with lots of guns.