He's No Good | ✓

De xwriteratheartxo

[COMPLETED] Emma, and Lucas have been feuding for their mutual friends attention for over five years. But whe... Mai multe

He's No Good
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
He's No Saviour
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Epilogue

Chapter 21

21.5K 619 284
De xwriteratheartxo

Chapter 21

"Okay Jasmine, let's not do anything crazy," I chuckle nervously, but don't put my hands up in surrender.

She cocks her gun. "Emma you should know by now, my middle name is crazy," she smirks, clearly liking me squirm.

I move a little farther from her, and try to find a way to distract her so I can use my magic.

As if she can read my mind, she takes a step forward and points the gun to my head. "Don't even think about using magic, Emma," she snarls lowly.

My eyes widen slightly at her statement. "How do you know I have powers?"

She smirks again, like what I'm asking is so amusing. "Come on Emma. I know about your conversation with little Adam, and I know you saw the file." Jasmine seems giddy from the whole situation.

Suddenly, she pouts, and drops her hand, letting the gun hang next to her. "You're lucky, Emma. Boss wants you alive. Luckily, I know how to fuck someone up where people can't see," she smirks, taking another step forwards.

Frozen on my spot, I just watch her walking closer and closer, until she's less than two feet away.

Before she raises her hand to throw a punch, she's suddenly knocked down, unconscious.

Looking away from her motionless body, I look at her spot and find the one and only, Anna Feldman.

I glance down, noticing that she's holding her bag by the strap with one hand. I look back to her and raise my eyebrows. "3 textbooks. 2 binders.  You do the math," she gasps out, and a grin spreads on my lips.

"I feel like a proud mom," I say, walking around Jasmine's unconcious body.

"Now lets go before she wakes up," I whisper loudly, turning her around to shove her out of the forest.

Once she's out, I quickly turn back around and grab the gun she used. I make sure it's locked before I raise my hand and throw it deep into the forest.

Just as I'm about to spin on my heel to leave, I lean down and try to find her phone. After a couple seconds of  vigorously searching her body, I feel a slight lump on her jean's back pocket.

Inside I'm yelling with victory, but right now, I'm shoving the phone inside my bag and running out of the forest.

Once I'm seated in the backseat of the car, Lauren steps on the gas. Hard. "Holy fucking shit are you okay?" Lauren shouts, looking back to me with wide eyes.

Anna's texting viciously on her cell, but once she has sent her text, she shuts off her phone and turns around  from her passenger seat, giving me a sad puppy look. "She could have killed you,"  she mumbles.

I sigh, and look outside the window, seeing the school in view. "I don't think she would," I mumble.

The boss doesn't want me dead. He just wants to gather intel on me. And maybe something else too.

I don't know.

I didn't realize I was stuck in my own thoughts until I see we've parked at the school.

I don't even get to say thank you to Lauren before my side of the door opens roughly, letting it swing back hard.

My eyes widen as I turn my head to see a frightened Jason.

Suddenly, I'm off my seat and in his arms. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize he's pressing me against him in a hug.

His  arms are around my back, keeping me in a strong hold. I slowly rest my arms around his waist, leaning my head down on his shoulder, taking in his sweet scent. "I'm okay, Jase," I mumble into his neck.

He  moves his hands to my shoulders and pushes me back slightly. "Fuck, when I heard that she had a gun to your head..." He doesn't finish, leaving the end of the sentence hanging.

But I understood what he meant.

Suddenly, shouts are heard from the front of the school.

"Hey watch out!"

"Fuck you man!"

"Shit my phone!"

I turn around, and my eyes double in size when I see Lucas running full speed. In my direction.

His icy blue eyes blaze with fire once he's standing in front of me.

Slowly, his eyes travel low, inspecting my appearance. But not in a sexual manner... more like in a protective way.

Once he we went over my face twice to make sure I didn't have any injuries, I look down and notice his fist clenching, almost painfully.

"When I fucking see her, I'm going to cut the fucking arm she used to point the gun on you," he growls, and I look back up to see almost a dozen different expressions on Lucas's face I haven't seen him target to me in a long time.

Pure anger for me. Not on me. Determination. Possessiveness. And most of all, fear.

My plain blue eyes connect with his icy blue ones, and I start feeling slight shivers up and down my arms.

Suddenly, our connection is broken when Lauren steps in front of him, her back to me. "I call first dibs," she points to herself and he scoffs.

"Okay Martinez, whatever you want," he smirks, walking away from her as if she means nothing to him.

"Oh  no you're not! I don't want some bullshit okay, I'm getting first dibs," she shouts, stabbing her finger onto his hard chest. I know when Lauren widens her eyes, she's either shocked or scared about what she felt

They continue arguing, and I sigh, turning my focus off of them. I open my mouth to tell Jason something when I hear a loud engine roar.

Casually looking over my shoulder, I see a motorcycle entering the parking lot. I'm about to look away, but freeze when I see it making it's way to the group.

I take a step back when the bike stops in front of me. Lucas suddenly finds no more interest in arguing with Lauren, and moves to shove me hard behind him.

Um, ow.

I rest my hand on Lucas's wide, tense shoulder and look over to see a man's leg swinging off of the motorcycle.

Once he's standing, he takes off his helmet, and I gasp.

I clench my jaw and move around Lucas, but fail when Jason stands next to him, blocking my way.

"Why are you here?" Lucas grounds out through his clenched teeth.

"I just need to talk to Emma, Lucas. Back off," Adam says, and I imagine him glaring.

I roll my eyes at Jason and Lucas's behavior. I shove myself in between both of them until I'm out of their protective holding cell.

When I see Adam, his eyes rest on me and he sighs in relief when he sees I'm uninjured. "Did you know Jasmine was coming for me?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

The helmet I didn't notice that was in his hold, seems to look like it's about to crack in Adam's tight grip.

He sighs again, but this time in frustration. He rests the black helmet on his motorcycle before turning back to me. "I heard boss and Jaelyn talking about bring you in today, Emma. I just..." He doesn't know what to say next, so he stays silent, but doing so, it gives Lucas the opportunity to shout.

"You just what? Decide to be her knight and shining armor after almost lying to her for two months?"  Lucas growls through his clenched teeth.

Anna slaps his shoulder, but cowers away when Lucas snaps his head to her, sending He a deadly glare.

"What I think Anna was gonna say, was that if he's right, Emma can't be at school today. You need to leave," Lauren's wide eyes meet mine, and for the first time, Lauren Camila Martinez looked afraid.

"You're right," Lucas says, nodding slowly. He looks back to Adam and glares. "You can go now."

Adam sighs, giving me one last pleading look before hopping onto his bike. "I'm not your enemy," is the last thing he says before he zooms out of  the parking lot.

After arguing where I should be, Lucas concluded that I would be safe at his estate.

Of course, Anna and Lauren refused to leave me to fend for myself, so they decided to follow Lucas's car as we drove 10 minutes north.

His large, black metal gate separates us from the long road to his house. Once Lucas told the person working the intercom that there was another car behind us, they slowly opened up the gate, letting us in.

"Holy fucking shit! You're loaded!" Lauren stares at the house in amazement right when she and Anna exit her car.

I glance at Anna and see her look at Lucas's 3-story white house in amazement.

Rolling my eyes at my best friends behavior, I make my way inside, seeing Sadie, the cook and Lucas's nanny when he was a kid, in front of the grand staircase.

Her petite nose scrunches up in confusion, and she lifts her glasses closer to the bridge of her nose to take a better look at me. "Emma?" She whispers.

My lip tips up in a smile, and her mouth widens in a grin. "Oh my! It's you! I haven't seen you since you were just 11 years old!" She makes her way to me, enveloping me in a hug once she's close enough to reach me.

Sadie was from Australia, and came to America about 20 years ago at just the age of 24 years old.

Last I remember, she was married with her husband for 16 years, and a little girl who should be seven years old right now.

She was only a year old when I last saw her.

Once she moved away from me, she spins around to slap Lucas gently on the shoulder. "It took you almost six years to man up and drop your silly anger on her?"

Lucas looks up to his high ceiling as if he's praying before he stomps out of the room, heading to the living room down the hall, and around the corner.

"It was nice seeing you again, Sadie. I hope to see your daughter soon," I smile when her face lightens up at the sound of her daughter being mentioned.

She begins taking off her baby blue apron. "Yes, she actually has a performance at her school gym. She's the lead singer. I'm going to tell Lucas that I hate to leave for the next couple hours," she says, holding her apron in her hand as she goes to where Lucas left.

"She didn't even say hi to me," Jason pouts, and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You poor baby. Let's go," I grab his hand, tugging him in my direction.

I look over my shoulder as we're walking to see Anna and Lauren still fangirling over the house.

I roll my eyes.

Once we were all seated around the living room, we all went back and forth on ideas of what we should do to pass the time while we were in his house.

Somehow, during the conversation, one of us mentioned Never Have I Ever, and everyone shouted in agreement. Except me of course.

I kept my opinion to myself, and watched how everyone got excited by the thought of playing the game. Even Lucas had a small smile on his lips.

5 minutes into the game, it was still as heated as it was when it started.

"Never have I ever slept with someone I didn't like," Lauren smirks at Lucas, as he tosses two dollars to the center table, putting down a second finger.

Jason also discreetly follows his lead, but when he catches my widened eyes looking at him, he sighs and tosses two dollars.

Instead of using alcohol, like you're supposed to, we chose to open our wallets, and for every time you did something, you would double your money.

For example, you start with one dollar, then two, four, and eight. We chose to play until five.

Whoever is the last to stand, wins all the money.

Suddenly, Anna pipes up. "Never have I ever slept with someone," she grins, showing off her pure innocence.

Lucas and Jason immediately groan, dropping another finger, and tossing 4 dollars onto the table. Lauren slowly drops her second finger, putting money on the table as well.

As they're chatting amongst themselves, I take put down my first finger, and toss a dollar onto the table.

I thought I was slick. But of course, Anna caught me.

"What the fuck? You're not a virgin?" She shouts, bringing all the attention to me.

Lucas's eyes blaze in some sort of anger, and Jason's widen in disbelief. Lauren follows after him.

"What?" Lauren suddenly laughs, moving to take the empty seat on my right. She slaps my shoulder in pride. "Oh God, I thought you'd never lose it."

"Who did you lose it to?" Jason asks suddenly, curiosity showing in his dark brown eyes.

I sigh, and look outside the window, which lies Lucas's large pool, and empty field. "I don't want to talk about it," I mumble.

Lauren suddenly sobers up, and rests her hand on my shoulder for comfort.

Lucas suddenly clears his throat bringing all the attention to him, but his is all on me. "I'm next," he states, still looking at me intensely.

"Never have I ever left my life and friends, just to move to a new country," he states dryly.

Clenching my jaw, I drop another finger down, and toss two dollars on the glass coffee table.

"Never have I ever dropped a friend for literally no reason," I shoot back, and Lucas's glare hardens.

He drops his fourth finger and slams a five dollar bill, along with 4 singles.

Lucas's mouth opens, ready to say another statement, but freezes when a ring booms through the house.

Looking towards the entrance, I wait until someone passes by.

And someone does.

"Hi Mr. Scott," I smile sweetly at Lucas's father, but inside I get a chilling feeling.

His father always gave me the creeps.

With dark hair, and dark eyes, Lucas and his father look close to nothing alike.

Xavier Scott smiles evilly, vanishing any innocence you would think he has. "Why, isn't it Emma Sullivan. In the flesh and blood."

He looks to the couch next to mine, and nods in greeting to Jason. "Hello Jason. Nice to see you again," he says before spinning on his heel, leaving us to our thoughts.

"Honey, did you say— Emma!" Lucas's mother, Estella Avery-Scott is by far one of the most gorgeous women I know.

After my mother, of course.

She had Lucas in her early 20's, and even though she's a little more than 35 years old, but she looks as young as ever.

With long, curly blonde hair, and blue eyes, her and Lucas look identical. However, her features are more soft while his are more sharp.

As for their eyes, hers are filled with love and adoration, softening everyone's mood, while Lucas's icy blue eyes can freeze anyone at there spot.

I rush up to Lucas's mother and hug her in a tight embrace. "I haven't seen you in years! How are you sweetie?" She asks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"The same," I reply, but think differently. Horrible. In denial. Hopeless.

"Stella! Come on!" Xavier shouts, which I assume from his office.

She sighs, and moves away from me. "My husband awaits. I told him I'd help him come up with a new app idea," she rolls her eyes, before taking a step out of the room.

"It was nice seeing you again sweetie, I hope to see you here more often," she says before walking away.

"Wow, even Lucas's mom ships it," Lauren whispers, and I turn around to see her leaned in closer to Anna.

"What?" I widen my eyes, expecting her to repeat what she said.

She clears her throat, and jumps up. "Nothing!" She looks back down to Anna and sticks out her hand for Anna to grab it. "Let's go. Help me find the bathroom."

The both walk out of the room, giggling, and I shoot them a glare. Assholes.

"Don't steal anything," Lucas shouts, but his eyes are still glued to his phone.

I roll my eyes. Never mind, he's a bigger asshole.

All of a sudden, a loud bang rings throughout the large house, leaving me to look at the entrance in fear.

Suddenly, Jasmine is in front of me with the gun pointed to my chest.

"Lucas. Get two chairs, and tie the prince and princess down," Jasmine smirks when I glare at her.

"Why the fuck would I help you?" Lucas snarls, and Jasmine turns her head to face him, smiling sweetly.

Without breaking eye contact, she cocks the gun, which is now directed to my forehead. "Because if you don't, sweet Emma will go boom."

10 minutes later, Jason and I are both tied up and sitting in front of a fucking crazy person.

"Two times in a row today? This has got to be a record, damn," I mumble under my breath as Lucas takes a seat on the arm of the couch, looking as stiff as a rock.

Suddenly, a shot goes off, and ends up next to my chair's leg. "What the fuck, you sociopath!" I shout, but cringe when I see her smirk morph to a glare.

All of a sudden, I hear a sniff, and turn my head to my right to see Jason staring daggers at Jasmine.

I furrow my eyebrows, and look behind Jasmine to see Anna crying in Lauren's hold by the entry.

Lauren's jaw is clenched, and I know she's about to make a move. I discreetly shake my head, urging her not to go against Jasmine.

"You know, I seriously don't understand the big deal in keeping you alive. Both of you," Jasmine says, breaking the silence.

She spins the gun around her finger as she paces between us. "Like, there is nothing special about either of you," she snarls, looking down at our weak position.

I tune out Jasmine's constant talking, and begin twisting my arm around so it's aiming at the ropes that are holding my hands together.

I shove past the pain running up and down my arms, and shut my eyes, hoping it works.

When it doesn't, I furrow my eyebrows. Are these ropes laced with something?

Suddenly, my ropes loosen. Not a lot, but enough for me to escape.

I glance at Lucas, and see him looking elsewhere, avoiding my gaze.

How did he do that?

Choosing to answer that question later, I take my hands out of the ropes, and point my finger to Jason, hoping Lucas gets the message.

I hear a silent sound of relief from Jason, and I hide the urge to smile.

Suddenly, something Jasmine says captures my attention.

"You know what? My job was to find out why you're important. And you're not. So, I'm just going to fucking end this now," her stance straightens as she points the gun to my head.

"Starting with you," she smirks.

My eyes widen and I'm suddenly finding it hard to breathe.

Then, the shot goes off.

And everything goes dark.

Sorry for updating a day late! I hope this chapter was enjoyable.

So... as you all know it's June, which means ISU's and exams... which I have in less than two weeks.

Which is why, I won't be updating until the 28th of June.

But that's the maximum time! I will hopefully find time to write while I decide to rest my brain from stu(dying)

I love you all so much, and thank you for being patient with me. I'm almost done :)

Also! I want to start this new thing. I will be giving a shout out to the people who I constantly see on my notifications, (i.e. they always vote, comment, etc).

I want to find a way to thank you, so for now, this is how I will do so. Thank you to those who always make me smile, even when I'm upset.

See you in the next one xx

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

The Bad Girl Attack De Jae

Ficțiune adolescenți

1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
489K 10.4K 66
Sabrina was an average Florida girl just trying to survive her senior year. Being best friends with the bad boy, Lucas- who happens to be her crush s...
486 218 28
After spending years at a reform school for supernatural delinquents, Paige Davis, a witch with a bad reputation, returns to her hometown to finish h...