Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 38

412 20 8
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Pokémon Generation: Episode 4

Number of Words: 1534

~~♛~~

Lyra~

In an instant, I was no longer being held by that man. Something must've hit him, as he dropped his knife in shock, just as Silver brought out Kadabra who teleported me away from him. I turned to the man who was now on the floor, holding his head in pain, with Ethan and a large Pokémon standing in front of him.

"Typhlosion; the Volcano Pokémon. If its rage peaks, it becomes so hot that anything that touches it will instantly go up in flames. It has a secret, devastating move where if it rubs its blazing fur together, it can cause huge explosions."

Ethan didn't say a word, neither was he staring at the man he had his Typhlosion attack. He held his gaze towards Silver, whom the latter responded the same way. The two men didn't make any moves to escape, knowing Typhlosion was blocking the entrance, along with Gastly floating in the air.

As Sneasel returned to Silver's shoulder, I slowly head over to his side. When I turned around, I've noticed Ethan's arm slightly extended to my direction. However, he dropped his arm beside him instantly.

"Anyways, that passageway..." Ethan commented.

"Right. This should be the lair of Team Rocket, along with the source of the Gyarados' problem," Silver responded.

"Alright then...—You! Stay right here and make sure those two men do not leave this shop until the police arrive," Ethan commanded a passerby who just passed the shop.

The same passerby nodded, slightly confused but obliged nonetheless. After returning Gastly and Kadabra back into their Pokéballs, Silver used the rope that was in the shop to tie the two men while motioning me to follow him down the passageway. Both Ethan and Typhlosion followed us down.

After going down a slide, the three of us examined the underground area. The walls appeared to be made out of metal—perfect for a lair. Silver was right.

"Do you know the direction we should take?" I asked Silver.

"As if I know. I'm not the one who owns this place," he retorted.

"There are two paths—left and right. Should we split up?" Ethan suggested.

"No—even though Team Rocket is stupid, there should know the common sense to place some sort of security system here. These walls seem pretty soundproof too, which is why it's hard to determine the source of the sound."

"Sound?" Ethan questioned.

Silver silently pointed to Sneasel, who had his head tilted down the entire time until Silver placed him under the spotlight. He raised his head and weakly glared at Ethan, while the latter reciprocated with the look of condolence.

"The sound is most likely radio waves, which I assume is the reason why that Gyarados appeared strange. Knowing the circumstances, Team Rocket is involved," Silver explained.

"Alright... so whatever that sound was, it forced the Magikarp to evolve, where it retained its scales into the Gyarados form," Ethan concluded.

"Well more like it didn't have time to change the colour of its scales from red to blue," Silver added.

"So how come Typhlosion isn't hearing anything?" I questioned.

"From what I'm observing, the sound seems to have forced the Magikarp to evolve. Typhlosion is the evolved form of Quilava, who is the evolved form of Cyndaquil. There's no way Typhlosion is capable of evolving again, unless the creators of this world speak otherwise—in other words, impossible. That's why Typhlosion is not bothered by the sound, to the point of not hearing it," Silver explained.

"You sound as if you know exactly what's going on—"

"—That's if my thesis is correct. Don't go pointing the fingers at anyone and let them be the scapegoat. I'm not part of this stupid organization."

"Guys, can you two chill out?" I exhorted, placing myself in between the two. "We have an idea what's happening, right? We should stop them from continuing before they can do more harm, instead of bickering here about nonsense."

"Whatever; let's go right," Silver suggested.

"Sure," Ethan simply said afterward.

I sighed in relief before following Silver's lead as we made our way through the hall. Honestly, at a time like this... I really need to keep an eye on those two.

As we continue making our way through the hallway, Silver suddenly grabbed my arm and stopped me, causing me to do the same to Ethan.

"Those statues on the side... I feel a bit of nostalgia, but I can tell it's a trap—" Silver informed us, as he reached into his pocket for a Pokéball. "—the moment we destroy the statues, the guards will detect an intruder. If we trigger the statues, it will lead to the same results."

"So then, what do we do?" Ethan questioned.

"Once I destroy all of the statues in the area at once, we run and split up on the next path. Those idiots will take too long in deciding where the intruders are located, which will distract them for the time being. There has to be a source for the radio waves somewhere inside the lair. Once someone finds the source, they will destroy it and we can end this," Silver instructed.

"Ethan, you and I can keep in contact with each other through our Pokégears. Do you have me registered?" I asked.

"Yeah, your mom gave me your contact info before I left New Bark Town. So if one of us finds the source, we inform the other party," Ethan clarified.

Silver nods his head before taking out Gastly again. In a hastily matter, Gastly used a strong Night Shade attack, which started breaking each of the statues one by one in a hastily manner. The moment they're destroyed, Silver signaled us to go immediately. The three of us ran through the hallway, and the moment where there were split paths ahead of us, Ethan and Typhlosion head towards the right direction while Silver and I head left.

I held onto Silver's hand tightly as we ran through the hall. We noticed a door and decided to enter it, only for it to lead us to a room with a bridge to the next door—and blocking the entrance were a few people with Team Rocket uniforms. They looked confident, and they clearly weren't going to let us past.

"Red hair... Is that really..." one of the grunts commented.

"It's the boss's son! We're saved!" another added.

"This is a miracle! Team Rocket will be reborn for sure!" another exclaimed.

"Don't say a word..." Silver whispered to me.

I nodded and stayed behind him. Gastly was ready to fight, along with Sneasel who furiously glared at the Team Rocket grunts. With another Pokéball in hand, Silver approached the grunts with a neutral expression.

A few of the grunts were a bit confused until one of them said a word.

"Sir, we need to get rid of the intruders! They have broken into the lair and must be stopped before they reach the control room," he exclaimed.

"Then why are you people standing around and not doing anything?" Silver retorted.

The grunts flinched. "Y-you're right, sir! Come on! We need to stop the intruders!"

They rushed past us, allowing Silver and I clear access to the next room. As we were approaching the door, I suddenly heard a couple grunts stop.

"Do you know who she is?" one of them asked in a hushed tone.

"Don't question! They're holding hands, so she must belong to him," the other angrily retorted quietly.

Then, the footsteps disappeared. I sighed in relief, giving Silver's hand a squeeze before taking one more breath. My face felt a bit hot, unconsciously making me move my free hand to my face. We proceeded to the next room, which leads us to yet another big room.

~~♛~~

Alright, I decided to update simply because, after this update, it's going to take a bit longer to update the next chapter. I have to make a bit of adjustment in the previous chapters(personal reasons). In the meantime, enjoy the small [not lasting] moments of teamwork between Ethan and Silver.

Oh, and also, Happy [Late] New Year to you guys~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

199K 6.5K 21
I'm a 16 year old girl, by the name of Umber. And yes, I realize that its a boy name! But anyways, I've been assigned a mission, which is a lot harde...
13.6K 504 37
May has an experience with two new friends whom mysteriously disappear several days after their encounter. Though she still wonders about what had ha...
9.4K 466 14
𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓹𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓾, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓰�...
23.5K 534 8
An autistic Korean American young man died saving a family who were playing Pokémon Go. Luckily for him, he reincarnates into the world of Pokémon! ...