Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 37

333 17 7
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia, Pokémon Generations: Episode 4

Number of Words: 1228

~~♛~~

Lyra~

In the end, we managed to head back to Mahogany Town. Ethan went ahead of us to the Pokémon Center. When Silver and I attempted to leave the lake, I noticed how Officer Jenny didn't make any attempts to stop us. When I turned around for a small glance, I noticed she wasn't even watching us leave. Instead, she was staring aimlessly at the lake.

Even when the other officers attempted to speak to her, she stayed completely still, not even shaking her head once.

Silver and I followed Ethan back to Mahogany Town. However, instead of following Ethan to the Pokémon Center, Silver stopped me and began staring at a small shop nearby. In less than a second, Sneasel covered his ears with his claws while glaring with an annoyed expression at the shop itself.

"What's wrong, Sneasel?" I asked.

"I'm going to assume Sneasel doesn't like what he hears," Silver commented. When I glanced at Bayleef, I noticed a similar discomfort written on her face. Concerned, I decided to return her back to her Pokéball. However, Silver made no effort to do what I just did.

"Silver, shouldn't you return Sneasel back into his Pokéball?"

When I asked Silver about that, he quickly examined Sneasel's facial expression before shaking his head. "Even if I were to do that, the sound will not go away. It's pointless without finding the source, and I know Sneasel can help."

"So is the source coming from the shop he's glaring at?"

"Probably; most likely. Let's go then," Silver suggested, leading the way as we head to the shop Sneasel couldn't stop staring at.

It looked pretty normal—well besides the sign that stated "Just a Souvenir Shop"—at first glance. When we entered the shop, we noticed two people talking among themselves behind the counter. When I glanced at Sneasel, he continued to shield his ears, while I noticed his gaze wavering.

After a few seconds, the two people inside the shop noticed our presence—they were mainly surprised at Silver's appearance more than mine. Immediately, I knew they were Team Rocket or something that was connected to them. Silver raised his brow at the men's baffled expressions, crossing his arms in an intimidating posture.

The men made no effort to make a move, nor did they say a single word.

Silver, however, began scanning the shop for the source of the sound Sneasel's been hearing. Of course, Silver and I weren't able to hear the sound, but the sound existed since Sneasel was hearing it. Silver started grabbing the items and thoroughly examining them.

Finally, one of the men—the creepiest one, in my opinion—made an effort to say a word.

"Does anything in our shop seem to have fascinated you?" he questioned.

"How odd for you to sell stuff you wouldn't expect any other places to sell..." Silver commented, picking up a strange pink object in his hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the sight of that object. I don't believe any PokéMart sell that, but the pink colour looked really familiar too...

"Quite indeed. We are the only shop in Johto who sells such wonderful items," the man replied, clearly confident with his words.

However, the other man was staring at Silver nervously, as the latter continued to walk around the shop with no intention to stop. Silver approached the wall and started giving it a gentle knock with the edge of his knuckles. That's when I really noticed the man sweating.

It was then Silver stopped in front of a bronze, wooden wall. He gave the wall a small knock, which was where I realized what he learned from that one small knock; the wall was hollow—too hollow, especially in this generation.

Silver turned around to the men—one had a neutral expression and the other with a startled one—and gave the wall one last knock.

"What's behind this wall?" he asked.

"Obviously there's nothing behind the wall beside the outside part of this little shop. What makes you think there's something behind it?" the man responded calmly—at least as calmly as he could.

Silver turned his face away, hiding his confirmed smirk from the two men. He reached into his pocket and grabbed a Pokéball, allowing his Gastly out of the Pokéball. I watched Gastly pass through the hollow wall silently, just as Sneasel hopped off of Silver's shoulder and onto mine. Silver turned around, after a few seconds, with a disappointing, annoyed frown on his face.

"Not only are you weak, but you can't even put any effort to make up a better lie..."

Suddenly, the wall behind Silver exploded with a light purple beam. I quickly shielded my eyes with my arm from the impact. Afterward, I noticed Gastly who continued to float above a metal passageway that leads somewhere down.

"B-but how... NO! This can't happen! Not now!" one of the men exclaimed angrily, taking out a Pokéball and taking out a Pokémon—identified as Grimer by my Pokédex—to attack us with.

Silver motioned Gastly to attack the Grimer. While dodging the Grimer's attacks, Gastly released the same light purple beam that destroyed the wall. The Grimer was hit by the attack and was heavily injured. The other man was about to help his partner, but Sneasel hastily jumps off my shoulder and attacks the man, before he could bring out a Pokémon to assist him.

However, it didn't stop the noise Sneasel heard—even Gastly was hearing the sound Sneasel heard.

"Don't move!"

I felt someone grab both of my arms and place them behind my back. Silver turned around, slightly startled, and took out another Pokéball. However, the moment I felt something sharp on my neck, Silver froze and gripped onto the Pokéball with a deadly grasp.

"Our lives are tied. If one dies, however, the other dies as well." 

I gulped anxiously, realizing what this moment meant. Was this really the end of our adventures together? Was this really the end for me?

"I'll do it, you know... I know who you are! We've been searching for the boss for years! And now—he will come back because we've found his son! It's a miracle for Team Rocket!"

~~♛~~

Alright, so a double chapter for Christmas Eve/Silver's birthday(yesterday) and the actual Christmas Day~ Hope you all are having an amazing week!

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 312 19
After becoming the runner up in the kalos league and stopping the kalos crisis , ash decides to continue his journey to the alola region in hopes to...
1.2K 49 16
Silver, son of the leader of team rocket, had grown up to be just as cold and serious as he always was, if not more than before. He and his feraligat...
67.9K 2.8K 33
A young man was badly injured after getting into a car incident and was immediately brought to the hospital; treated, but that wasn't enough. You - Y...
199K 6.5K 21
I'm a 16 year old girl, by the name of Umber. And yes, I realize that its a boy name! But anyways, I've been assigned a mission, which is a lot harde...