Enemy of my Pack

By Kelltoch

More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

90 3 1
By Kelltoch

James POV

*********************************************************************

I paced back and forth after my dad had left unsure what the next step would be, do I summon her to my office and explain that they can’t be together or just run her out of town like the dog she was. Either way she wont stay here another day!

I knew I should call it a day and go to bed but my wolf for some reason was angry with me, he snarled, growled and snapped at me whenever I tried to speak to him, fine if he wants to be like that then there will be no more runs for a month I huffed but my head just filled with insults that I am sure I didn’t deserve.

I sighed and headed off to bed, I looked at my super king-sized dark mahogany bed with black silk sheets and felt a numb feeling in my heart as I realised my mate will never sleep here…although maybe sleep was the wrong word I thought as an image of my red haired mate with the icy eyes filled my vision, I could just about remember the strawberry and vanilla bouquet that radiated from her.

I then remembered the other scent that seemed to overpower her own unique smell and all feelings turned to stone again.

“Tomorrow will be different”

One month later (present Day)

*********************************************************************

It had been a month and I had learnt that my mate’s name was Sadie and she was the niece of the elderly couple, apparently her aunt was an illegitimate daughter. Her mum had fallen pregnant by a werewolf really young and it wasn’t till twenty years later her mum had found her rightful mate and her sister was born the next year.

That explains the age gap I thought, but too many thoughts were swirling round my head and I couldn’t bear to go near her but I couldn’t bear to send her away as I knew my heart and my wolf wanted her. I woke up most nights in a cold sweat at the memories of that night but then her face would enter my dreams and calm me down, I was so confused.

So here I am in the same pub I ran off to just under a month ago although the envious looks I got then were replaced with looks of pity at my dishevelled appearance, even my members were starting to change their attitudes towards me. No longer were the unmated females fighting to get my attention they just shook their heads at me and walked on.

I looked at the empty beer glasses that littered my table, I knew that I had drunk more than any capable human could in a whole night and I had managed this within a few hours and knew I could carry on…but what’s the point, it’s not going to change anything. I kept to my promise and didn’t allow my wolf the freedom of our usual long runs, in fact I haven’t shifted since that night and knew that’s one of the reasons I probably looked as bad as I do right now.

I groaned and pushed myself up out of the chair and walked out the pub squinting in the mid afternoon sun, it was only then that I noticed a faint hint of strawberries and vanilla that made my body tingle, which felt good against the constant numbness I had kept my body in.

I searched the humans streets wondering why she was in the human village, then I saw her, completely different to the last time I seen her. She was wearing a knee length pale lemon pencil skirt with matching jacket and a white blouse underneath, her hair was up in a sexy do with curls that escaped to frame her beautiful face.

I shook my head as I noticed her legs that seemed to go on forever down to matching pale lemon shoes with killer heels, they could do some damage I smirked as I watched her carelessly walking down the high street peering though the shop windows.

It was then that I noticed the way she dressed wasn’t normal for wolves around these parts; she was obviously a career woman, maybe a secretary or receptionist. She stopped dead in her tracks and sniffed the air, before I had time to hide she turned round and stared right at me with cold hard eyes.

She looked at me for a second and I was sure I seen another emotion flit across her face, maybe it was lust but more than likely it was pity. Her face hardened again and I watched as she walked away from me as if I was a nobody. Although I deserved that!

Sadie’s POV

*********************************************************************

I had moped about in my aunt’s house for weeks now, my aunt was on the warpath trying to find out who my mate was, and to be honest I had no idea, he didn’t hang around long enough to even give me his name.

We just spent the time reminiscing about my mum and all the trouble she used to get herself into. It helped both of us grieve for my parents and her sister and brother in law. It was apparent that both of us tented to bottle up or emotions and that my aunt had never told anyone about her loss. My uncle had kept at a distance just giving both of us a bit of space but I knew it must have been hard for him watching his mate in distress. I just wished mines was the same!

It was time for me to go back home, luckily the Alpha here had really good Wi-Fi fitted here and I could connect my laptop to the broadband allowing me to keep on top of my work. I hadn’t met the Alpha or his family but as I was just visiting my family I didn’t see it such a big thing.

I actually sort of enjoyed the rest apart from the whole rejection thing but it was time to head back home, I just had to pick up a few bits from town. I was originally from Scotland but when my dad took over as Alpha of the Redsun Pack when I was five we moved the entire pack to London although I was never told why the sudden upheaval but I guess I will never know now I thought sadly.

I loved the quaint shops that only Scottish high streets seemed to have, I loved all things tartan especially our McLean tartan. I took this opportunity to pick up some material from a local kilt maker; I couldn’t seem to locate this particular tartan back home. I plan to make a range of lingerie with tartan but I needed some just to mess around with before I bought the material in bulk.

I looked through the kilt makers window and smiled at the rolls of material that made my fingers itch to get hold of, all of a sudden I smell caught my sensitive nose it was the same cinnamon and chocolate scent I remembered from my mate. I turned my head to find the source and my eyes landed on my rather pitiful mate.

His once shiny ebony black hair was now greasy and limp, his face was gaunt with day’s worth of stubble that was definitely not attractive, but it was his eyes that made me the saddest. Once they were bright and full of life now they looked hollow and dull. All I wanted to do run up to him, cuddle him and nurse him back to health but I reminded myself that it was him that rejected me!

I took one more look before walking off telling myself that I wont see him after today and that I don’t need a mate…even if I don’t believe myself.

*********************************************************************

I purchased enough material to make dozens of bras and pants, I wasn’t making them to be practical as the material was too thick and itchy, I was making them for the London fashion show in a few months and this was the perfect twist to the dozens of other items her models would be displaying.

I grinned as I thought about all the humans gawking at her creations not knowing that all my models were werewolves and that I will be modelling along side them. I loved modelling, it gave me such a thrill to see all the reactions for my stuff and with my highly developed hearing I could pick up on comments, and mostly complements but I could also hear the odd complaint or suggestion normally meant for the person next to them. I always took their advice on board for the next collection.

Soon I was on my way back to my aunt’s house for the last time before I left for good, I was actually sad to be leaving but needs must, I have a business to run and its not as if my mate wants me to stick around.

I walked up to the car before I heard a man’s voice behind me “Em I think we better talk” I didn’t need to turn round as I knew exactly who was behind me “I would rather not, you can thank your Alpha for allowing me to stay for so long. I am leaving as soon as I get back to my Aunt’s house so be thankful that I have no feelings for you” I said with as much conviction as I could muster.

“I still need to talk to you” he whispered but in a hard tone with what seemed like an Alpha tone, great I’m mated to the Alpha’s son I cringed realising the problems this could cause in the future as neither of us could carry on our bloodlines unless we mated other Alpha’s. I wasn’t looking to having kids anytime soon anyway and by the way he rejected me he must like his life as it is…although right now he just looked like shit!

I didn’t notice that we had locked eyes again but I had the strength to walk away “STOP!” he shouted in full Alpha tone ‘shit he’s not the Alpha’s son, he’s the Alpha?’ my wolf panicked but I still kept walking, his Alpha tone didn’t work against me making me realise that we must be just about evenly powered as a weaker Alpha would have had no choice but to obey his direct order.

I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head but he rejected me plain and simple, I will not grovel to anyone. As I walked I could hear my wolf pleading me to turn back but she can go to hell right now.

James POV

*********************************************************************

I couldn’t keep my eyes off her as she left the shop with a large roll of tartan, I seen the delight on her face as she kept rubbing the material between her fingers. I couldn’t help it I was curious of her, she didn’t look the same person that I met on the doorstep, this women looked powerful and in control, I on the other hand felt like crap. How could she be rejected and look so good yet I done the rejecting and seemed to have all the after effects.

I followed her making sure I was downwind from her, she even seemed to hum slightly to herself, what a musical voice she had I sighed knowing I was playing with fire but it felt so good to be close to her.

There was something that really puzzled me about her and I couldn’t quite place it, she seemed to carry some sort of power, I sniffed again trying to get round her intoxicating scent and the Redsun scent. She smelt of Alpha but the last thing I wanted to think about was that she could be the daughter of the man who tried to wipe out our pack. That thought made me sick to my stomach.

I really needed to speak to her before I go insane as I knew I may have to ban her from returning to our lands and that in turn could cause a war. This needed to be done gently. I took a deep breath “Em I think we better talk” I cringed at how week I sounded but was disappointed when she didn’t even have the nerve to turn round.

“I would rather not; you can thank your Alpha for allowing me to stay for so long. I am leaving as soon as I get back to my Aunt’s house so be thankful that I have no feelings for you” she said in an icy tone that matched her eyes.

She had no idea who I was? But right enough I didn’t hang around long enough for either of us to decipher each others scents. If I had of stayed a bit longer she would know that I’m the Alpha. I cursed under my breath before speaking again in a more authoritive voice “I still need to talk to you” the nerve of the girl, she just kept walking! ‘Right I will put you in your place” I growled to myself “STOP!” I said I’m my full Alpha tone and smiled when she stopped and I watched as she winced but carried on regardless.

I was totally stunned, my first instinct was right; she was the daughter of my packs greatest enemy and not only did I allow her to stay on my land, she was also my mate!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 15.6K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
267K 6K 57
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
68.4K 3.8K 81
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
128K 1.6K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...