A Walk On Ice

By lesbianecrivain

In an all-girls school, there studies Carroll Coleman and Melissa Madison, who are rivals ever since they sha... More

1: Nothing's wrong
2: Pride
3: Power
4: The meeting
5: Best Friends
6: A Change Of Heart?
7: Sleepover
8: Freed
9: A Phenomenon
10: Working Together
11: Warming Her Up
12: Result
13: Acquaintances
14: Jealousy..
15: Backing Out
16: Moving out
17: Whipped
19: Elections
20: The Out
21: Forgiven
22: The first girl I loved
23: Let Me Drown
24: Work of Art
25: Promise
26: Opening The Book
27: Solace
28: Confirmation
29: Confession
30: Picnic Date
31: Damsel In Distress
32: Safe
33: Let It Go
Author's Note!

18: Peruvian Lilly

2K 90 2
By lesbianecrivain

Melissa

After Carroll left, my mind lose its sanity. How can such a simple gesture completely drive me crazy? How can a smile be so contagious? Why? Why am I feeling like this towards Carroll Coleman, the president of the student council, aka, my mortal enemy.

Why am I a soft shit around her?

Ain't I supposed to tease her until I get on her nerves then she'll burst out the ice inside her?

I am fucking insane. I've lost my sanity. Look here, I'm even planning to buy some flowers for her. This must be an asylum not the nurse's office. God sake, help me.

Oh yeah, because I fell for her dammit.

"Come on, teacher said that you should go rest at home.." Skye helped me stand up, putting my arm around her shoulder to support me. However, I removed her arms around me. "I can walk on my own, look" I said with a smile that Skye could not do anything but to sigh.

"See?" Skye sighed in defeat and then nodded. "Fine, but let's go.." My brows furrowed at her. "Well, what about you? You still have classes, right?" Skye shook her head while smiling. "It's already four in the afternoon, babe.. So let's go.."

"I slept that long?!" I exclaimed as we walked down the hallways. "Yep so, poor you.. You'll have hard time sleeping later.." I sighed while nodding, agreeing with her. It's what I hate the most, sleeping in the afternoon because I wouldn't be able to sleep early at night. It sucks. Especially now that my mind wouldn't stop thinking about a particular person. Oh dear, I don't want to stay awake later just to think of that green-eyed belle in different scenes with me.. Holding hands with me in the park, or in a café..

Dammit! Stop it Melissa! You're starting it again!

"Hey babe, is something wrong?" I wanted to say yes and tell her about Carroll consuming almost all of my mind, but then I get reminded of our stupid deal that just ruins everything. I know that Skye is my best friend and she has to know everything sooner, but my stupidity and cowardice prevent me from telling her everything that she has to know. Damn Melissa, what a situation.

I shook my head. "Nothing," I said, but she didn't buy it even a bit. She can read me and she fucking knows that it was just a lie. "It's probably just the blow my head received.. Nothing serious.." I added so that she'd be in peace and she wouldn't suspect anymore, hopefully. Skye gave a skeptical "Okaaay" as her response, which I just shrugged off to make it look like nothing's happening in this mind of mine. Which is opposite to what is actually happening in it.

I stopped walking and dialed my dad.

"Yes, baby girl?" I smiled at the endearment. I'm very fortunate that I have a kind and loving father like him.. I finally have a parent, a light, that will guide me to the right path and show me the beauty of life.. Unlike my mom, that monster rather, that did nothing but to destroy my happiness and bring my life into a disaster. I just hope that she wouldn't suffer from her wrongdoings and beliefs.

"Melissa?" It took me a minute to reply, and I only realized it when dad was calling my name. "Hey dad! I'll be a little late.. It's already four pm here and I just woke up-" my explanation was cut short by my dad yelling. "Why were you sleeping?!" I wouldn't blame him.. He's a professor and a father that wants what is best for his child. I'm glad that he worries about my studies..

I chuckled. "Dad.. I was just resting! Don't worry, I wasn't cutting classes.. I was just brought to the nurse's office because somebody beat me and I wasn't able to defend-"

"Somebody beat you?! Who?? Are you bullied there?! Should I transfer you to my school!?" I chuckled, shaking my head. I'm glad that he's worrying about me. If Patricia were to hear this, she would most likely not care or even worse, beat me again because she's a sadistic bitch and she fucking loves it when I'm in pain.

"Nope dad, I'm all good.. Skye has taken care of me." I exclaimed Skye's name while glaring daggers at her. She held her hand up and did the peace sign while grinning sheepishly. I couldn't find her at that time before Winchester beat me up, but it's not Skye's fault though that I got beaten. That stupid selfish bitch is the one responsible for this.

I'm not mad at Skye, I'm just messing with her. I don't think I would be mad at my best friend.. She has been there all the time in my dark ages and she loves me. That noodle head is funny and sweet.

"Well baby girl, that's good to know because me and your paps are ready to beat that prick who beat ya!" I heard a chuckle from the other line. "Thank you dad.." I couldn't be more thankful to have them in my life. I think I'm going to cry, oh my god.

"Anyways dad, I'll be late home.. Like dinner, I'll stop by the flower shop to buy something.. Don't worry, Skye's with me!"

"Okay baby girl, always be careful! Take care!" Then we hung up. I almost cried, damn. I'm so silly.

I opened the door then sat down.
"Melissa, you haven't told me about your phone.." Skye started the engine making the car rev up. "Oh sorry. Hey Skye, look I've got a phone! Gimme your number!" A felt a smack on my shoulder after I spoke. She's so dramatic but I love her anyways. This is Skye. "Fucking... Here!" She gave me her phone but I refused to take it. Let the drama start.

Skye gave me a puzzled look after I had done that. "And what are you doing..?" I can see her eyes already clouding with hurt and worry. Maybe she thought that I still needed her number. "Skye.. Babe.." I started, reaching for her hand that was on the steering wheel. "I don't need your number.." Her eyes widened in shock, causing me to laugh louder.

"And why is that?" Skye is such a crybaby. I was just telling her that I didn't need her number then there are already tears in the end of her eyes! "Why! I swear to god, if I saw Carroll's number here.. I'll kill you!" She snatched my phone away from my grip and scrolled through my contacts.

She stopped scrolling and looked at me. "What? Told ya, I didn't need it! Cause-" she gave my phone back but she slapped my arm first. "Cause you already have it, you fucking bitch!" I wiped her tears away. She looked at me then suddenly pulled me for a hug.

"I love you Mels," she says patting my back. "I love you back, Skye.." I answered back with the same action as her. "Now, let's go to the nearest flower shop!" I pulled away from the hug. "Why? Oh my god, are you going to serenade someone?!" I shook my head as I look in Skye's direction.

"Just stop questioning me and drive to the nearest flower shop.." I whined. "Besides, you weren't there when that selfish bitch beat me up.." Skye also whined at my statement. "Goddamn Melissa, let it go! You know what I could have done if I was there!" And I do causing me to chuckle. She probably would have killed that bitch. "Okay, okay, I'll let it go but you drive us to the flower shop." I insisted while pointing a glare towards Skye with a smile plastered on my lips.

"Oh fine, your grace," I chuckled once more before she started driving to our destination.

××××

Skye did as told and drove us to the nearest flower shop. There weren't too many people.. Should I start worrying? What if this shop isn't good and the flowers are all fake?

"Do you have any plans of coming out of this car? Cause if you don't, time is gold and I'll just drive home," I shook my head frantically and left the car. "For whom are you doing this ?" Skye asked, who was beside me and also eyeing the flower shop. I'm contemplating whether I should tell her right now and receive some taunting words from her, or should I tell her later and also deal with the consequences later?

"Is your dream profession a fucking FBI? Cause if that's so, you don't need to study at all! You're overqualified!" I jeered making the curly-haired girl huff. "Whatever, let's go!" We pushed the glass door, making a bell ring.

A young woman with brown hair came walking towards us. The woman let out a friendly smile as she motioned for us to come in. "How can I help you ladies?" The woman asked in a friendly manner before she removed her gloves and then put it on the counter. I think we disturbed her from cutting something on some flowers.

"I need a flower,-" I heard a snort beside me. "Of course Melissa, you idiot. That's why we're here.." The woman chuckled. "Kiddos these days.. What kind of flower do you need?" I waited for Skye to walk around the shop before telling the woman what kind of flower I need.

"I need something like.. A flower for saying sorry and.. Ugh, building friendships?" The dark-haired woman thought for a moment then went somewhere.

She came back holding a bouquet of.. White-Pinkish lilies?

"Apologizing, huh? What have you done you naughty child?" The woman smiled teasingly. "I'll get that then.. What do you think is better, plain chocolate or white chocolate?" Might as well give some chocolates to Carroll. I just hope that she wouldn't be able to resist chocolates, or throw these flowers away because that would be the end of me!

"I'd like a white chocolate better.. Anyways, thanks! Here," she handed me the bouquet. I gave her the payment in return. "Thanks," I smiled before going somewhere to look for Skye. The fucking idiot was sniffing some herbs, this little-

"You fucking-" I smack the back of her head lightly. She turned around, throwing me a death glare. "What's your problem you-"

"Come on, let's go!" I yelled, grabbing her by the hand to walk with me. "Oh god!" She groaned as we left the flower shop and a woman chuckling to herself.

××××

"Hello uncles!" Skye hugged the both of them after she kissed their cheeks. "Hey kiddo" Hector greeted back with a smile. "Hey dad and pops" I hugged them with one arm, the other holding the bouquet of lilies and the white chocolates.

"Hello my daughter! What are those for?" Dad asked as we went to the dining table. "Ugh.. I.. It's for..um.." I trailed off, my hands getting sweaty while my heart beats rapidly. I don't want them to find out yet. I know that they're supportive and will tell me to follow my heart, which is great by the way, but I don't think I'd be able to do that yet. I'm a fucking coward to even try to initiate a conversation with Carroll. "Wrong question hun, it's.." Hector said with a grin. Dad and I looked at Hector confused but Skye was grinning and snickering beside me.

"It's, who are those for? You're courting someone, aren't you?" I wish the ground would just swallow me. I felt my face burning. "No, I'm not" I quickly defended before marching up to my room to put these gifts on my desk. I could only hope that they haven't seen the blush that rose to my cheeks.

"Our daughter's all grown up now!" I heard them shout causing me to groan. "Fuck," I muttered under my breath as I opened the door to my room. "Am I that obvious?" I groaned once more. A loud gasp escaped my own lips realizing what I just said. What? Obvious for what?! I'm not doing anything related to pursuing Carroll, am I? Wait, I am? And if I am, do I stand a chance?

"Goddamn!" I just put the lilies on my vase while the chocolates on my table. I am not falling for Carroll. I'm not, absolutely not. That's for sure. I hate her! I just couldn't act myself around her and I also can't deny how beautiful she is, how my heart beats so fast..-

Why are you still in denial, Melissa? I know that I already fell for the ice queen, yet I keep denying it like it would do anything good to me. A defeated sigh left my mouth. "I already fell for her.."

"What the fuck Carroll!" I quickly covered my mouth. I hope the people downstairs didn't hear what I just said! Or else.. I'll be facing a dilemma. No. No thanks.

I left my room then went down for dinner. The chattering suddenly died, all of them became quiet with their eyes all on me. Bloody goat, what are these people thinking? Have they heard me? No! There's no way in hell that they could hear my soft voice.

I took my seat beside Skye, slowly, looking at each of them. The sound of water dropping from the faucet can be heard because these people are too quiet.

Too quiet for my liking.

Then suddenly, the tapping of the utensils on the plates, they've started eating without saying any words. This, what is this? Silent treatment?

"What are you guys doing?" I drop my fork and knife after I asked them. They looked at each other first before somebody broke the silence.

"Nothing.. We just heard some dog barking, 'What the fuck Carroll?!' somewhere outside.." My gaze fell upon the redhead who had just mumbled, with her eyes sticking to her food like it would run away anytime.

My stare soon turned into a glare. Was that her way of saying that I'm a bitch?!

"What Skye? Are you telling me that I'm a bitch?"

"Language kids.." Dad said in his stern voice. "Anyways Melissa, you know that we are always here for you, no matter who that Carroll is..." Hector smiled, together with dad and Skye.

And that is what all I am asking for.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 462 23
Two girls. At school they're total opposites. The cheer captain and the loaner geek. But at home, life isn't all as it's seems. And one teacher, and...
445K 16.5K 38
(GXG)"You're my principal. That really upsets me because I think you're really hot and if you're a strict principal it'll make it even harder to mari...
1.6M 62.2K 53
Ani is the ASB President and Newspaper President. She's always on top of her shit. You never find a single answer wrong or a problem she can't solv...
104K 1.3K 26
Alison suddenly had trouble swallowing. Charlie leaned in slowly. She did it so slowly that Alison could have stopped her a million times before thei...