Once upon a Princess (Atypica...

Galing kay siesie_19

If you've come expecting a fairytale about Prince Charming, Fairy Godmothers, and evil parents; You may look... Higit pa

A/N (VERY IMPORTANT)!!!! SERIOUSLY!
CAST
1. Sister,Sister
2.Bump in the road
3. Good Samaritans
4. Adjusting
5. Hartley Household
6. Princess and the Hunter
7. Nice to Meet You
8. Swing-Sets and Skills
9. Me.
10. Truth or..?
11. Books Before Boys
12. All the Right Moves
13. Not a Party till the Princess shows up
14. Hangovers and Realizations
15. Tangled?
16. But... I can't
18. Judas
19. Missing Piece
20. Back to Square one
21. Let Bygones be Bygones
22. Birthday Celebrations 1.1
23. Birthday Celebrations 1.2
24. Birthday Celebrations 1.3
25. Birthday Celebrations 1.4
26. Can I get a refund?
27. Am I a Monster?
28. The First Stage
29. The Accomplice
30. My Achilles Heel
31. Crash and Burn?
32. I don't have a horse
33. Bee-moon?
34. Welcome Back 1.1
35.Welcome Back 1.2
36. Starting to look a lot like Christmas
37. It's Christmas!
38. The Runaways
39. Lock me up
40. I Promise
EPILOGUE
Bonus (1)
Bonus (2)
A/N

17. A familiar face

387 61 100
Galing kay siesie_19

NATE

Wednesday 15th August

"Wakey wakey sleepy head."

"NATEEEEE"

"WAKE UP!!"

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see Alexa hovering over me. Her piercing green eyes bore into me, as I willed my body to fully wake up. It was only when I tried to move, did I realize she was sitting on my lap, straddling me, as she hovered over my face.

"Yay, you're up! Happy birthday!" She grinned, moving away from my face, her arms outstretched as if to embrace me, but she hesitated and let them fall at her sides.

Bits and pieces of the night before's conversation came rushing back to me and I immediately felt guilty for causing her hesitance. She clearly was oblivious to the fact that I really and truly liked her.

I'm completely infatuated with Princess Alexandria Alesandra, from lineage of Ainsworths: leaders of Celayise.

And I can't have her. She could never be mine.

Just her close proximity, her warm smiles and gazes, her simplest touches were enough to pull at my heart strings.

I hated it. I hated how she made me feel, I wasn't supposed to feel that way about her. She isn't mine to have.

But I hated the thought of making her feel unwanted or rejected, even more.

I was about to make the first move and hug her, when I realized something.

"Uh, thanks. But Lex, can you get off please?"

Her smile slid off her face and she furrowed her brows, " Please don't tell me you're still in that weird mood from last night."

My eyes flitted to where she was sitting, and glanced back at her, "No, I'm just a bit uncomfortable right now," I chuckled uneasily.

She followed my trail of sight and glanced downwards at the bulge protruding from my boxers before her cheeks reddened, "Glad to know I have such an effect on you."

She stumbled off me and shuffled over to her bed.

"Get off your high horse Princess, just a little phenomenon called 'Morning wood'."

"Uh huh, when you get Nate Jr. sorted out, can you join us in the kitchen? We have a special birthday breakfast for you."

I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. Then it finally registered, I was 19. Today was my birthday. I turned to Alexa who was tapping her foot impatiently. She was still dressed in her pajamas; a loose tee shirt and pajama shorts and her hair was haphazardly thrown into a ponytail.

"Uh, I'd be right there, just let me use the bathroom first."

Her eyes flitted briefly back to my boxers and her cheeks reddened slightly. She simply nodded before skipping out of the room, her long ponytail swishing behind her in a mesmerizing way.

                                                                                  ~~~~~~~~~~

After I had used the bathroom and slipped a tee-shirt and shorts on, I trudged my way into the kitchen, where everyone else was waiting.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!"

I felt a huge grin slide onto my face as I sat in a chair, next to Alexa.

Mom placed a huge plate full of chocolate -chip waffles, eggs, and bacon in front of me and kissed my forehead as Arianna squeezed my hand from across the table.

"You guys are growing up too fast," Mom sniffled, ruffling my bed-hair.

Isaac swallowed the sip of his drink and reached over to pat me on the back, "Happy birthday bro! Let's get crazy today huh? I'd give you your birthday present later!"

Mom narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head, " Another year of trying to negatively influence my sweet Natie,"

I cringed at her nickname and shovelled a forkful of eggs into my mouth.

"Ma, you really need to stop with these nicknames," Isaac whined, grimacing at his half-eaten breakfast.

"I think it's adorable," Alexa chuckled, nudging my side. Her eyes twinkled in amusement, and I stuck my tongue at her.

"You wait until I find an annoying nickname for you," Isaac warned, pointing at her with his fork.

Alexa and I turned to each other and held a silent conversation. Isaac wouldn't need to find an annoying nickname, Alexa was leaving soon.

She let out an uneasy chuckle and continued to eat her waffles.

"You're still home," I noted, surveying mom. She grinned at my statement and took the seat next to Isaac.

"I decided to take the day off, spend some time with my birthday boy." She explained before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Really? That's great!"

She winked at me before returning to her plate.

"So, what are the plans for today then?" Isaac asked as he downed the rest of his juice. He was never one for hot drinks in the morning.

Just as mom opened her mouth to answer, a knock sounded at the back door.

Isaac rose from his seat immediately and rushed over to the door. From his excitement, I was certain that he was expecting Shaniah. From my position at the table, I could have seen when he unlocked the padlock and the bolts.

The door swung open, to reveal his cousin Adrian.

Isaac's face fell slightly, I guessed it was due to the disappointment of it not being Shaniah, but he gave his cousin a pat on the back and a small smile regardless.

"Ma! It's Adrian!" Isaac yelled, locking the door behind them both. Adrian shuffled into the room behind Isaac, his dreadlocks flopping with every step.

I rose immediately and rushed over to him and he pulled me into a bear hug, "I couldn't have missed my favourite cousin's birthday," He chuckled as we both pulled away. Isaac and Arianna spun around defensively, and both rose their eyebrows in sync.

"He's not even your biological cousin!" Isaac pointed out, pouting.

Adrian shrugged, as he stalked off towards mom to give her a hug. "He's still my favourite."

Mom pulled him into a bone-crushing hug and tugged one of his locks as they both pulled away, "How long have you been growing this out?" She asked incredulously.

Adrian scratched his wispy moustache in thought, "When did I see you guys last?"

"Last year June," Arianna laughed, poking his side. His eyes softened at the sight of her and he ruffled her hair.

"I believe it was a little while after that."

Mom wrinkled her nose at the sight of his dreadlocks and sat back down in her chair. I took my seat next to Alexa just as Isaac sat back down as well.

Adrian caught her reaction and chuckled. He was always seemed to be laughing.

"Oh, c'mon aunty. I already have a lot of talk coming from mom about this," He curled one the locks around his fingers.

He sat down in the only empty chair and then his eyes finally landed on Alexa, who was silently observing him the whole time. "Holy shit,"

He sprang out his chair and clutched his temples as his eyes bulged at the sight of her.

"Uh, hi." Alexa waved shyly. She tilted her head to one side, surveying him as his jaw dropped further.

"Yo! It's the fucking princess!"

"Adrian! Language!" Mom hissed, swatting at him.

He opened his mouth to speak and then quickly closed it, as he slowly sat back in his chair. His eyes flickered over to me and gave me a lopsided smile,

"I didn't know you were having a bougie birthday party,"

Alexa giggled at his statement and Adrian's eyes fell back unto her in a daze. I cleared my throat and he sat up, tucking one of his locks behind his ear.

"Adrian sweetie, would you like breakfast?" Mom asked, her eyes flickering between Adrian and myself.

He nodded, a smile stretching across his face, "I didn't get time to eat, I rushed out of the house as soon as I got up." Mom nodded and rose from her seat to fix him a plate.

"Aww. And all for meee," I cooed, in an overly dramatic girly voice.

Adrian threw back his head as he laughed and winked at me, "Yup, all for you babe." He sang, in an identical feminine tone.

Alexa snickered at our exchange and rose from her seat and followed mom as she went to fix Adrian a plate. As Alexa passed behind him, he turned in his chair, his eyes fixated on her and he bit his lip.

"Would someone please enlighten me, why the princess is in this kitchen-"

Alexa patted his shoulder as she placed his plate in front of him. He gave her a lopsided smile and then shook his head as if waking out of a daze.

He gestured to his plate as he continued to speak," And serving me freaking breakfast."

He chuckled to himself as he shovelled a forkful of eggs into his mouth, "I'm convinced that this is all just a dream or something. I'm currently at the side of the road, knocked out from my motorcycle accident. I'm convinced."

Mom paused at pouring him a glass of juice and narrowed her eyes at him, "You're still riding that thing? Gosh, I'm so glad Isaac gave his friend his own. Those things are dangerous."

Adrian shrugged, "At least it's better than walking a whole mile to reach here. You guys are literally in the middle of nowhere."

"That's what I said," Alexa voiced, nodding at him.

Adrian's eyes flitted back to her and he smiled before mom spoke again, averting his attention, "Those things are dangerous."

Adrian grimaced at his half-eaten plate and then wrinkled his nose at mom, "I know you and mom are sisters, but you guys don't HAVE to sound the same,"

Mom snorted at this and flicked his shoulder before resuming in pouring his drink.

"All right. Back to the trillion-dollar question. How the hell is she here when the whole country is looking for her?"

Isaac rose from his seat and pulled one of Adrian's locks, causing him to yelp.

"That's why Nate is my favourite." He grumbled.

Arianna pouted and crossed her arms, "Hey, I don't do you anything-" She paused to flash him a cute smile, "Plus I'm adorable,"

Adrian nodded, smiling back at her, "That is true. Alright, Nate, you're a close second. Can't beat Arianna at this game."

Arianna stuck her tongue out at me and joined Isaac back at the sink to wash up. Mom placed a glass of orange juice in front of Adrian and he greedily drank it.

Isaac's phone then dinged and Adrian snuck a glance at it, "Shaniah messaged you, Isaac. Wow, you guys are still together? I'm impressed."

Isaac dried his hands on the back of his pajama pants and rushed over to his phone, without even bothering to reply to Adrian.

"She said she's coming over with cake and ice-cream later," Isaac smiled at me.

"Tell her she's the best,"

Isaac's eyes flitted back to his phone, "Way ahead of you. I tell her every day,"

Adrian and I exchanged disgusted looks and Isaac thumped Adrian at the back of his head.

"Hey!"

"How do you guys feel about a small get together in the backyard?" Mom voiced, her eyes trained on me.

I nodded my head and her smile faltered, "Although we can't invite many people over because..." She trailed off, glancing slightly at Alexa and the latter lowered her head, probably in guilt.

"It's okay mom. I don't have friends anyway."

Isaac, Adrian, and Arianna snorted at this, and Alexa nudged my side playfully.

"I'm sure you do," She said, tilting her head to one side.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared back into her mesmerizing green eyes. It was no wonder that Adrian couldn't help drooling over her since he arrived.

"In the month that you've been here. Have I ever spoken about any friends?"

She opened her mouth to respond then quickly closed it, probably realizing that I was right.

"That's because you were always a loner in school," Adrian pointed out, furrowing his brows.

"I tried to take you under my wing," He continued, pursing his lips.

"No thanks, I rather be a loner than hang with your group of stone-"

I paused as Adrian's eyes bulged and glanced hesitantly behind his shoulder at mom. Thankfully she was engrossed in washing the wares that Isaac had abandoned.

'What the hell dude, do you want Cindy to tell my mom?" He hissed softly, narrowing his eyes.

"You have stopped right?"

"Yeah of course," He muttered, dropping his eyes to his empty plate. Arianna plucked it from the table and carried it over to the sink.

Isaac, who had undoubtedly heard, pursed his lips at his younger cousin, "I'm pretty sure the only reason you stopped is that you're broke as hell."

Arianna skipped her way over to us, and wrapped an arm around Adrian and Isaac, "What are you guys talking about? What's with all the whispering?"

We all froze and spoke in unison as her eyes fluttered between us all, "Nothing!"

She cocked an eyebrow and stepped back, narrowing her eyes at Isaac. They undoubtedly had the closest bond, and he always caved when it came to her.

Isaac averted his eyes and stared at the blank screen of his phone.

"Fine. I'll be in my room then. Since you guys like to keep secrets amongst company."

No one stopped her or commented when she trudged out the kitchen, after sending us some nasty looks.

When she had left, and mom shot out the room to answer her ringing phone, Adrian continued to speak,

"I... I kinda have a lot of debt man." He groaned, burying his face in his hands.

Isaac's eyebrows furrowed, and he sat back in the chair, "You promised us both that you would have stopped smoking that crap. Smoking on the whole,"

Adrian released a shaky breath, "Yeah well I've definitely stopped now. I owe a lot of money from when I was really addicted to that shit."

"How much are we talking? I know that crap isn't cheap."

Adrian grimaced and buried his face in his hands again. "It's quite a lot bro. I need a financial saviour right about now."

He rose his head and smiled sadly at the table, and then- it was quite brief- but I swore he stared at Alexa as if contemplating something.

"Don't worry Ian, we'd figure it out. We got your back." Isaac assured him, patting his back. Adrian wrinkled his nose, "You're just like your mom with these cheesy nicknames."

I laughed in agreement, "He sure is. That and calling people 'love' all the time."

Alexa giggled then, "I thought it was just me you called love," She pouted playfully at him.

"You're not that special." He teased, rolling his eyes. Her jaw dropped, and she sniffled into my sleeve.

Adrian's eyes flitted between Alexa and me and his lips twitched, "You have a million-dollar reward on you right now. I think you're ridiculously special right about now."

Alexa shifted her head from my sleeve to smile at Adrian, and he grinned back. Then, just as before, his eyes glazed over her and his eyebrows knitted together as if he were musing.

Isaac patted his back and jolted him back into reality, "How about we play a game. I just got Fortnite. Nate, you're playing too."

Adrian's eyes glinted with mischief, and there was suddenly resemblance between the cousins. Their love for mischief was the only thing the two had in common; With Adrian's toasty complexion and dark eyes and Isaac's pale one and light eyes, the two looked nothing alike.

"Let's go then. I'm ready to kick some butt." I grinned.

             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a little after 3 now, and after responding to tons of well-wishers on Facebook and Snapchat, that I hadn't heard from since Graduation, I collapsed on my bed.

Isaac, Adrian and I had spent three hours playing video-games before I decided to check my phone, growing tired of the game.

I pulled on a clean shirt, considering I had just taken a shower and closed my eyes, to take a quick nap.

"Hey! No sleeping! There's a party outside waiting for you!"

My eyes flew open to see Shaniah standing in the doorway, her hands placed sternly on her hips.

"Happy birthday!" She shrieked, rushing over to me. I braced myself as she launched herself at me, wrapping me in a hug.

"Thanks, Shaniah,"

She nodded and then her smile dropped as she studied my face. She lowered herself to the rug and sat cross-legged, before glancing upwards at me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Nate in the three years, that I've known you... You've never been unhappy on your birthday."

"Sometimes I am."

"Not since Cindy adopted you," Shaniah pointed out, tossing her hair behind her shoulders.

I opened my mouth to argue and she stopped me, "Cut the bullshit. What's wrong?"

I shrugged as I contemplated telling her the reason for my mood.

"Whatever it is. It's not worth moping over right, now right?"

"I guess not," I muttered.

After all, she wasn't leaving today, I still had sometime left to spend with her.

"Right! So, let me see your biggest smile and let's go party!" She exclaimed, jumping to her feet. She outstretched her hand for me to take, and I obliged following her out of the room.

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we emerged into the back-yard, the dining table was out there with boxes of pizza, drinks and the cake that Shaniah had promised.

"CHOCOLATE OREO CAKE??"

Shaniah chuckled as she released my hand and traipsed over to Isaac, "I had it made especially for you."

Adrian who was currently wolfing down a pizza slice gave me the thumbs up, "And I just went out and brought the pizza!" He exclaimed, jerking a finger in the direction of his motorbike. It was a model similar to the delivery bikes that had a compartment for goods. No wonder he was able to bring that many pizzas.

Alexa was sitting next to him and waved me over. She had changed out of her sleepwear and was wearing a thin-strapped dress that fell at her knees and her hair was out of her hair tie and cascaded down her shoulders.

"You look really beautiful," I blurted, as I sat next to her on one of the chairs that they had brought out from the kitchen as well.

"Oh shush, this isn't about me. It's your day!" She giggled, shoving me playfully. She passed the pizza box to me and I plucked two of the pepperoni slices from there.

"ARIANNA!"

The cute little devil's head jerked upwards as Mom yelled her name. Her mouth was stuffed and two other pizza slices laid on the paper plate in her left hand.

"This is like your fifth slice!" Isaac scoffed, shaking his head at her.

Even if this was a disapproving statement; he gazed at her endearingly with a hint of a smile on his lips. The two undeniably had a strong bond, he confessed to me that he felt the need to be a huge part of Arianna's life. Not only as her older brother, but as a dependable male figure in her life as Andrew was unable to do so.

"And?" She mumbled, through intervals of chewing.

Mom rolled her eyes at Arianna's plate but said nothing. We all knew about her ability to eat a portion of three times her size.

"I'm not even going to comment about the pizza. I figured it was either you or Nate who'd eat the majority of it!" Mom chuckled, sending me a wink.

I took a bite of my third pizza slice, proving her point.

"I was going to tell you to socialize! You've been on that book app whole day!" Mom huffed, gesturing at Arianna's phone.

Arianna sighed dramatically and turned her phone off, resting it on the grass. Once she was back into reality, she zeroed her attention back to her next favourite thing after books: food. She happily chewed on her sixth pizza slice.

" Hey. Where's Chase?" Shaniah asked as she poured some of mom's red wine into a cup of ice.

Isaac snatched the cup out of her hand and shoved a cup of soda into her hand instead, "I don't know, he's supposed to be here by now."

My blood heated slightly at the sound of his name. Why on earth would they invite him to my get together if they knew of our mutual hatred?

Hatred was actually a strong word. I simply disliked the guy. It consistently seemed like Isaac preferred him over me, although he assured me thousands of times, that this wasn't the case.

Music blared suddenly, and I looked on as Shaniah rested her wireless speaker on the table, swaying her hips to the music.

"This is your favourite band yeah?" She grinned, increasing the volume with her phone.
I nodded, swallowing my bite of pizza.

Alexa mouthed along to the song and then grinned as well at me. This was one of the songs I had played for her when I was recommending new music to her some weeks ago. I smiled at the memory and then my stomach flopped at the thought of it all ending soon.

We all had to say our goodbyes, it all would be over.

The only good thing that came out of Alexa leaving, was the guaranteed money that'd change our lives.

I didn't want any of it if it meant her going away.

Arianna ambled her way over to Shaniah's phone that controlled the music and swiped and tapped away, probably selecting a song.

A few seconds later, the song changed, and she giggled as she set the phone down, before skipping her way back over to the swings.

"Oh, Arianna. Not bloody One Direction," Isaac cried, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Alexa chuckled while bobbing her head along to the song. I had to admit. Even though I had shut the thought of them being a great band down countless times, after actually listening to them, they were pretty good.

"Let me show you guys REAL music," Adrian smirked as he rose from his chair.

"NO!" Everyone yelled in unison. Adrian visibly flinched and sat back in the chair, his smile barely wavering.

"I will not sit here and listen to you guys fight over who controls the music like you fight over everything else." Mom huffed, as she chewed on her pizza.

Isaac unraveled his arm from Shaniah's waist and shuffled towards us.
"How about a game? Winner gets to control the music for the rest of the day."

"Or we can forget the music and enjoy each other's company," Mom interjected.

We all turned to her with a questioning gaze.
She sighed, "You youths." Before returning her attention to her second slice of pizza.

"What's the game?" Arianna asked, sliding off the swing.

Isaac smiled menacingly and gestured to an empty chair.
"How about musical chairs?"

                                           __________________________

A/N: I honestly enjoyed writing this chapter :)
In the media is a pic of Adrian ; )

Do you like Adrian?

** I updated twice this week, giving you a total of four chapters bc I might be M.I.A next week and the week after :(
So I hope you enjoy these!!
Don't forget to vote and comment! 💘

Honestly you guys' hilarious comments give me so much life. I love them so much! ❤

Xoxo mwahhh
~Sierra

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

298 45 24
Amantha is not ready to be anything other than a wild, tomboy princess, but when tragedy strikes this unlikely royal is called upon to rule a kingdom...
522 57 17
The Princess of the most powerful kingdom in the country embarks on a mission to undo a curse placed upon her parents, who have been asleep for eleve...
381 17 6
A tyrannical king, whose sole goal is to conquer the world dies, but not before setting up the events to allow his children's destiny of destroying t...
17.3K 1K 43
Cinderella has found her prince and the Enchanted Kingdom is flourishing, but in a land far, far away...there's another kingdom that's seriously miss...