The first step

By HelenaJesso

It's hard to live without much emotion. How hard is it for people to love you, if you don't love anything? Bl... More

The First Step
The First Step
The First Step
The First Step
The First Step
The First Step
The First Step

The First Step

5 1 0
By HelenaJesso

I went home after that. He told me to think about the very first reason I became depressed.

The first step is going to the beginning. I never want to go back there but I want this to end. As I lay on my couch I re-live my horrifying memories.

Well for starters I've always hated the way I look. Ever since I was seven. I literally thought I was ugly when I was seven. The constant acne as a teen didn't help either. So that's when I started getting upset.

We didn't have a lot of money when I was growing up and that was a burden. We lived in a small apartment in a bad neighbourhood. All I wanted was a dog, but I never got one.

I guess family troubles upset me too, but I always had my best friend Karmin to talk to. Where's Karmin now? Lets just say Karmin got a free pass out of here.

Another reason, Karmin died from myelomas when she was 16. I guess that's when I was diagnosed with depression.

Then I took pills and talked to some one. Then I got better.

Until 5 years ago when I was nineteen, my mom and I went for a drive to a restaurant that was 45 minutes away.

I was driving and we were laughing. Joking around about life, cause that's what you do. Then I lost control of the car and we slammed into a tree. She flew out of the windshield. I watched my mother die. That fucked me up and I was depressed again.

I don't know what was worse about the situation-that I had killed my mom-or my dad blamed me and kicked me out of our house. Yes it was my fault but he didn't have to kick me out!

I haven't talked to my dad since.

So I moved to Australia and got a small two bedroom apartment. It was small but nice. I finally got the dog I always wanted. So I lived with my dog and with depression. I worked at a pizza deli. I had plans of going to university and being a veterinarian, but I had no money. One of my co-workers and only friend asked me why I was always upset so I told her everything. She told me her sister was depressed and her sister went to therapy. So she suggested that I go. So I did. It didn't help at first. I tried to kill myself last year and was hospitalized for 6 weeks and I spent another 6 months in rehab. Now I'm here. Still depressed. Making minimum wage living alone at the exception of a dog and my only friends are my co-workers and my therapist. Lovely.

A/N: please read!!!

This is one of the first books I've ever focused on and really wanted people to read. So if you like it, tell a friend or just recommend it to someone who likes this genre. It would mean the world to me if people read this and liked it, so comment what you think!

I mean its not like I'm writing here for nobody to read it;) thanks a bunch:)

-Helena

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.8K 18
Story about a married couple who's life was so toxic to live in. ⚠️ !!!𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡!!!⚠️ ♡ This story is going to contain domēstic abu$e and m...
5.8K 27 15
This is the second instalment to my 3 Part series of Books about a Young Blonde Teen Girl who suddenly starts to loose control of her bladder and bow...
162K 18.6K 54
"කේතු දන්නවද මම කේතුට කොච්චරක් ආදරෙයි කියල ?" "හැමතිස්සෙම වචනෙන් නොකිව්වත් සර්ගෙ ඇස් මගේ ඇස් එක්ක පැටලෙනකොට ඒ දිලිසෙන ඇස්වලින් මට පේනවා සර් මට කොච්...
98.3K 12.2K 52
මන් අදටත් කියනවා ඒක මහ පුදුමාකාර ඇස් දෙකක්.. උබේ ඇස්.. ඒවට පුලුවන් මාව සම්පූර්ණෙන්ම පාලනෙ කරන්න.ඒත් ගොඩක් කල් ගන්න එපා ආරු.. උබ මගේ අහසෙ හදක් වෙලා පා...