Runaway *being edited* *adult

By blueisthename1997

Followed by her past Alex is a shapeshifter, a panther in a world of werewolf's. she has never met another of... More

chapter 1 -edited
chapter 2- edited
chapter 3 -edited
chapter 5 - edited
Chapter 6 -edited
Chapter 7 -edited-
Chapter 8 -edited-
Chapter 9 -edited-

chapter 4 - edited

150K 4.6K 1.6K
By blueisthename1997

Alex p.o.v.
Sweat pours down my face. I was now in another unknown place, surrounded by trees and some forest Lake beyond me. The dirt seemed to engulf my foot, almost holding me down. I tore my foot out of the soil enough to walk. It almost felt unreal, but something out of the corner of my eye caught my attention and silenced my thoughts; it was a white animal of some sort, something shiny around its neck. I got closer to the animal to see it better. The shiny object around its neck looked to be a necklace My father always used to wear, and the animal looked to be a white deer.

"follow me." A faint whisper came from the trees, and the creatures fled into the woods.

I followed the deer into a clearing surrounded by trees. The deer fled out of sight, but flowers covered the field. My mother's favorite, wild lily of the valley, such a beautiful plant; when my mom died, they were the flowers we chose for her grave. Movement caught my attention again; it was the deer again.

"What?" I breathed to myself, but the snap of a twig stole my attention. A shadow-like figure stepped out of the brush of the woods, and I immediately recognized him.

"Uncle," I bit out. I should have known.

"Hello, kitty," he smirked. I hate when he calls me that. It was a jab at my panther.

"What do you want?" I hissed. I would take him on here, but I didn't know how real this was or where I was, and it wouldn't solve anything if it weren't real.

He stepped closer. "you'll see," he said, turning to face away from me. "you always do, kitty."

.

.

.
Reality practically slapped me in the face, and a hand brushed my shoulder; instantly, out of reflex, I swung, connecting to something hard and warm. Rubbing my eyes to clear them, I saw Beth rubbing her jaw. " I'm so sorry." Tilting her face with my hand, I assessed the damage, and it didn't look like I had even made a mark.

" it's OK. I've taken worse blows, but what were you dreaming about?" She asked, helping me sit up, considering I just uppercut her from a laying position.

"Foster home stuff," I lied

She nodded, smiling over before Marcus walked into the room. "Everything OK?"

" yeah, Alex just had a nightmare." Beth shuffled to a standing position. I glanced at the wall clock above the door. It was about 11 AM.

" OK, today we're spending the day together; Beth, please get Alex something to wear. Alex, we will get you a proper wardrobe soon." he faces the door, almost hesitating, leaving me standing looking at Beth.

"Well, let's get you dressed. Follow me," Beth said. I was still looking for my opportunity to get out of here. Still, I wasn't looking to piss anybody off anymore, especially Beth considering she was growing on me. Following her to what I assume was her and Kyle's room. From the half-girly things and half-man items, the room was in the middle of the same hall. I stayed at the end of it. It was familiar since I had been dragged into it in the past for the same reason I am today.....for clothes. It was just lucky that we were around the same size. I chose what I always did: a long-sleeved shirt, some jeans and slip-on shoes.

" You should try a dress," she claimed, examining my outfit choice

I just shook my head. I couldn't say I liked dresses or frills.

"suit yourself," she grumbled. " come on, we have to get you to Marcus." I had a ball of nerves in my stomach at the thought of spending the day with the alpha, but Cleo was gleaming, almost content.

"W-wait," I stuttered

She cocked her head. "What's going on?"

"I um- " she cut me off

" you'll be fine, Alex," she spoke softly, leading me down to the kitchen, where Marcus smiled over at me from their dining room table right next to the stools for the bar table.

I sat down with him awkwardly. I did not know what was happening. Marcus didn't tell me details about this date.

" I figured we could go get food and talk a little after there's a spot in the woods where I like to think, and I would like to show you it." He was wearing a plain gray T-shirt and some jeans. "This way," we got up, and Marcus held the pack Door for me that led onto their deck, and I followed him outside; it was very bright but so beautiful since it was fall; the leaves were covered in exquisite reds, oranges, and yellow.
.

.

.
Marcus p.o.v.
I took her to a small diner. It was very beat up, but the food was delicious. We sat right next to the only window looking into the town Street. People would look at us occasionally, but no one bothered us. The awkward silence with the occasional small talk continued while we ate. After that, we returned to the car and sped off to the primary place. I wanted to take her.

My thinking spot

.

.

.

The first car trip was short because the diner was near the Packhouse, but my thinking spot was a mild 35-minute drive; we pulled up onto a clear dirt path mixed with gravel. Nothing but woods covering the area spread Right next to the road; we left, my truck stopped, and I looked over to her smiling. "let me show you where I think, Alex."

" is it a nature trail?" She shuffled in her seat like she was desperate to escape the suffocating silence.

I grinned wider. " my parents used to take me to this patch of Woods where you can hear everything in nature. Even though it has a road, no one goes on it. Follow me and stay close behind." I exited the car, bolting to her side; she quickly undid her seatbelt. I felt as though I looked very nervous.

She swung her legs out and hopped to the ground in front of me before I shut the door behind her, locking it; We started walking away from the car into the thick, leafy brush. The woods were my home away from home; the instant relaxation was welcomed.

" don't try to run, and I meant it when I said stay close." we walked side-by-side, and the trees around us seemed to make up the entirety of the way. I was excited to show her my thinking spot and maybe connect with her. She said nothing both times when I told her to stay close and not to run; I knew she could hear me from eye contact. As long as she was compliant and not going to try anything again, I would not be forceful.

"It's a little further," I breathed as I watched her. She was beautiful, her face pale, lips plump, eyes wide, everything I would hope for. I just needed to get more than awkward moments with her. "so Alex, what's your family like?"

Alex looked taken aback by the question but quickly composed herself, her head leaning slightly closer to me so I could hear, "They were nice people."

"mine, too," I agreed. Alex and I approached the tree. " right here we turn, right?" She just kept following me right up to the tree. "My dad used to take me here, and For this occasion, Kyle helped me set up some chairs and lights," so I could open up to her somewhere I felt comfortable. Her mouth parted softly as her gaze landed on the tree. " may I lead you over?" I asked, extending my hand to her.

An unsure expression crossed her face, and her attention seemed to wander off to the background forest, her eyes locked with mine. She hesitated but slid her hand in mine, mine like a bear claw to her tiny hand

Alex p.o.v.
It was like a scene out of a movie; it was one large tree by a lake covered in small fairy lights. I didn't know what to say; if our circumstances were different maybe Marcus would be my mate, but realistically, it wouldn't work.

"Kyle, Help me set it up." he repositioned his hand in mine, causing tingles from his hand to my elbow. He began to lead me over to the tree. It looks like he had set out two chairs. The walkover was short from where we came out of the thick forest, and once we reached the tree, I realized the closer I got, the prettier the tree was. " You can sit in either chair. I brought a blanket and a jacket if you get cold, whichever you prefer." The kind gesture almost stopped my heart, but I must remember this is an alpha; I am a werecat. I took a seat after letting his hand go. The chairs were fold-out camping chairs. Marcus followed, sitting in the chair beside me.

"It's beautiful," I noted. I could feel Cleo become restless, almost triggered. By being this close to an alpha, Marcus smiled at me.

' let me say hello,' she said, speaking of the devil

' no,' I responded

" so this is where I like to think it doesn't usually have the lights, but it's pretty either way." the spot was peaceful, that's for sure. The small lake separating the land came together at a small pond near the road we came from.

" what do you like most about your spot?" I asked, genuinely curious.

He smiled wide at me. " the memories of my father when he used to take me for what he called Alpha 101."

" Was your father a good person?" the questions kept escaping my mouth before I could catch up.

"Both my parents were the best." he leaned forward in his seat, smiling; in this light, he wasn't as scary. " what about your parents?" he asked.

" what about them?" my head tilted taking my hand from his.

" What were they like?" Truthfully, I didn't want to open up, but I knew he wouldn't stop asking, and the less he bothered me, the better.

" they were good people from what I remember, but they were only in my life for a short time. My father died, then my mother couldn't take it and passed away shortly after." Looking at the lake, I admired its beauty, taking my brain off of unnecessary memories

" I'm sorry, Alex," he murdered. " I know how you feel. A rebel Rogue group killed my parents."

"to the dead parents club." The joke fell out of my mouth before I could stop it.

letting out a bellowing laugh, slapping his knee, locking eyes with me, and a wide grin crossed his face. " dead parents club." Marcus laughed

" you're thinking Spot is beautiful." A shiver ran through my spine as some fall wind crept up my clothes.

" thank you. Are you cold?" Reaching for the blanket, I went to stop him.

" I'm fine"

"shivering isn't fine, Alex," Marcus stated

He was stubborn, but most alphas were "here. Please don't get sick." Putting the blanket on me. Realization hit me that I was colder than I thought because I wrapped the blanket around me and felt much better. " good, also, your bruising looks to be almost gone. That was quick." The last part came out in a whisper, not wanting the topic to continue. I looked around for something else to talk about, and my attention landed on the moon, just rising enough to see it since it was barely dark outside, so it was probably roughly 7 PM. The moon was in its waxing phase, so it was growing into the full moon; it was just under half, meaning we had about 10 or 14 days till I had to figure out the full moon problem, but I would still need to figure out a way to get out of here.

The full moon seems to make Cleo on edge every time, but the moon does most of what it does to wolves to me. During the full moon, I get heightened senses and emotions. Cleo gains more freedom to come forward, much like when I experience high emotions regularly; the urge to shift is more potent, and cat behavior is at its highest.

" the moon is pretty," I noticed out loud.

" speaking of the moon in about 10 days, we prepare for the full moon party. It's celebrate shifters. I'll be doing research on humans during heat.-

My head snapped. " heat," I mumbled, cutting off his sentence

Marcus shuffled in his seat. "Yeah, we need to talk about that, Alex."

Did I even get a heat because of being a cat?

'of course you do,' Cleo snickered

I felt my face frown with the realization that heat was coming my way. " wait, what?" was all I could say

" Alex, I won't try to mate you until you're ready. The plan is for the moon to rise on the 27th of this month. I will chain myself up." he seemed to promise. " Beth will accompany you that day. Everything is already in place. Trust me."

'my turn' Cleo purred

Wait......what

It was an out-of-body experience, as it always was when Cleo came forward or took control. She could only do it when I had a lot of emotion in my body, so now I could see everything out of my eyes, but I wasn't the one in Control. .... Cleo was.

" Alex?" Marcus asked

Cleo smiled over at him with my face. "sorry, Marcus. The date you set up for me was wonderful; you did great." She gushed.

' give back my body,' I said in frustration, and no surprise, she ignored me

" thank you, Alex, I appreciate that," he beamed

" Well, you did all this for me, so thank you." She grabbed his hand, now holding it

He exited his seat to approach me, my hand still in his. He said, would you like to go for a walk along the lake, Alex ?"

" I'd love to," she said, getting out of the seat; they walked along at first in silence. Cleo Clutching his hand; I have never seen her so forward with anybody in our lives. He smiled at her, almost in a daze, as he interlocked their fingers.

" Alex, I want you to like living here." He got closer, not letting go of my hand, which was in Cleo's control

" maybe one day I will," Cleo said; she wasn't overly obvious about her being in control. Thank goodness for that. 'only because it should be you that tells him, and I know it will come out eventually.' she could hear my thoughts all the time, which was annoying, but I appreciated the gesture. I leaned back in the headspace, watching what would unfold. 'don't get too comfy. I'm handing your body back soon.'

' oh wow, you're so generous,' sarcasm dripping off the statement.
.

.

.
They walked, talking about the simple things for a while. I almost thought Cleo forgot about me, but to be honest, the mental rest was excellent.

The darkness continued getting darker until pitch black. " why don't we return to the tree? We will be able to see better." Cleo in my body, and Marcus on the side of the lake. The trees swayed in the wind while night creatures woke and day creatures settled into their homes for the night. A smile crept on Cleo's face; technically, my face.

" yeah," she agreed 'OK, you can take over. I've had my fun.'

Coming back was trippy as always, slamming back into reality sights and sounds more extreme than usual; Marcus was the first thing I saw, but this time, it was not like looking through a window but through my eyes.

" Thank you for coming with me, Alex. I hadn't had someone here in a long time when my parents died. I took Beth here so that she could calm her mind. It didn't work, but it's never failed for me." the walk back to the tree was short, but you could see the tree lights from all the long side of the lake and in its reflection.

I popped down in the same camping chair I did when we first came here. Marcus followed, sitting in the other seat. The stars were so pretty accenting, the moon now bright in the sky.

" I want you to accept the Luna position," he stated, looking away from me, almost through me.

The blood left my face, and I stayed silenced before I said, " I'd kindly like to decline alpha. " He growled, Meaning that was the wrong response—sinking into my chair. He sat up straighter in his.

" Alex, it will happen eventually, and my pack still needs to meet you; hearing of you is different." he chewed his bottom lip nervously.

" I don't want that," I stated

He got up from his chair, looking down at me, a frown covering his face. "but why?"

"I don't wanna run a pack. I barely know you people." Standing up, I didn't want to be vulnerable in a position with an alpha who was possibly angry.

"Why can't you see that you are made for me? You are my Luna. It is your responsibility." he started pacing, but no words came out of my mouth. Not wanting to upset him further, "I need you," he muttered before grabbing his folded camping chair and crushing it against the tree before letting out a loud growl. My body flinched, and I stepped back away from him. He wiped his face with his hand out of frustration. " Alex, why can't you?-

" fall in line, follow command. Be who you want me to be." the sarcastic remark left my lips without me realizing it

He looked directly in my eyes before punching the tree with lights, putting an indent into its bark. " let's head back," he practically spits. I knotted following him after he grabbed the chairs. This was alpha behavior, the anger they needed to have everyone doing what they wanted, plus the lack of ability to have a conversation. I walked behind him. The thought of running immediately crossed my mind, but I knew he'd catch me. The speed plus strength of an alpha was more significant than three regular wolves combined. "Alex, you need to trust me." Stating the fact didn't make any difference, but he looked at me like it would "mates trust and love each other." staying silent as he talked seemed like a common theme with him; silence proceeded the rest of the walk, but I recognize the pattern of the trees from the walk to this place so we must have been getting close to the truck.

The forest almost seemed still, branches swinging occasionally. A scent caught my attention when the wind picked up. It was miserable because it was one that I recognized.

Uncle
Marcus p.o.v.
My anger was getting the best of me. I had already punched a tree that stood before my mate, but the Luna was supposed to calm Alphas down. But I could tell she would be a challenge.

'She is not a pet; you have to train,' Sam muttered in my head.

A little growl escaped my lips. Looking around, I could feel Alex behind me. I could smell her, but I looked behind me anyway to see her; she was still, face in the air as if she were barely looking up. "Alex.?"

Her head snapped to me, and the expression she was wearing was unreadable. "what?" she shuffled forward, trying to catch up. I was still watching her and waiting for her to reach me.

" you fell behind." Once Alex reached me, I added. "the car shouldn't be too far from here."

"Sorry," she mumbled, and once again, we continued walking in silence; It clouded the air like a thick substance between us. I kept beating myself up for letting my anger get the best of me. It was getting dark by the time we reached the road that held my truck, and Alex never said a word
.

.

.

The silence continued, driving me crazy the whole way home. I didn't know what to say since my anger outburst; when we pulled up to the house, Alex unbuckled her seatbelt. " Alex, I'm sorry I scared you" My breath got sucked away before I said the last part. "Again," the word felt like acid in my mouth. Wasting no time, I opened the door, got out, and walked around the front of the car to open Alex's door for her to get out. When I got around the car, she was already out, and I kicked myself for not hearing the door close shut. Alex stares into the distance, never looking like she had her site on one thing. " Alex, it's getting dark. Once inside, you can go to your temporary room." I said, walking alongside her to our pack house. " I hope you liked my thinking spot." I was failing but trying at every instance to hear her beautiful voice.

" I did. Thank you, Alpha." She quietly mumbled.

" you can just call me Marcus. Please don't call me Alpha; you are my equal." my hope was high. She was talking to me.

" Marcus," She mumbled, making a chill go up my spine.

We arrived at the front door; as she said my name, a broad smile sitting on my face, I opened the door, letting her go in first. " it's late. Go get some sleep, and tomorrow Beth will take you clothes shopping," she nodded, walking toward the upstairs as I closed the door. Once I could hear her door shut, I plopped on the couch. Footsteps snapped me to the front door. Someone, no doubt, was about to enter.

" hey man, I just got back from training rounds," Kyle said, swinging the door open and then shut behind him.

" bullshit," I scoffed as he plopped on the couch beside me

" you're right; I wanted to know how your date went," Kyle admitted

" it was good till my anger got the best of me." I put my hand on my face, ashamed of myself

" to be honest, and I'm saying this is a friend, not as a beta, you need to be better about your anger around her. I know it's hard, but you don't want to scare your mate away, especially since she's human." I shifted uncomfortably, but I appreciated his honesty Since we had been best friends since we were young.

Sighing, I turned to him. " I know you're right, man. It seems when I think I'm good, I lose my cool."

He smiled at me. " you will find your cool, and now you have a reason to calm down and get collected."

" yeah, maybe there's something I can do," I said, speaking more out loud than anything.

" maybe it's time to let Sam out more frequently," he suggested. Sam didn't come out as regularly as other wolves because of his temper, but I guess it's him or me getting angry.

"Maybe, "I mumbled, not liking the idea. Sam was way more angry and cocky than I ever was. The last time he was out, he tried fighting all of my pack warriors for dominance.

"think about it. "

I will

Alex p.o.v.
I sat on the edge of the bed provided to me and stared ahead at the plain white walls. ; My anxiety spiked. Out in the woods was the first time I had smelled or sensed uncle since my escape; his scent was like a red flag to my brain. Cleo had been silent after she hissed and reacted to his scent

My mind was racing. I didn't know if he had just crossed territory or if he was looking for me. Also, there was the question of how he got onto the territory, with only me noticing

All these questions rattled in my head, spiking my nerves combined with my uncle would be a lot to hide. The problem was I didn't know who or if there was anyone I could trust. The first person that came to mind was someone that I felt comfortable with right away and who could stand up to the alpha

Beth

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46 12 6
Maxima Greenwood is no werewolf. She is just a carrier of the werewolf gene. Ignored by her pack members she plans to leave them as soon as possible...
5.1K 288 41
Ice is living in a jungle. She has been as long as she can remember. She only knows 3 other beings, Nala, Amber and Trixie. One day she thinks she's...
10.7K 424 28
Her past is full of with misery and torment. Now her only thought is to do what she must to survive and hope her past does not catch up with her swif...
24.3K 1.5K 58
Lunas are revered. Lunas are loved. Lunas are protected. Chosen by Alpha of the Southern River Border, Isabel is none of these. Isabel cleans herse...