detroit: become human one sho...

By Livie_Writes

includes every character under major editing More

dancing - markus
lustful desire - connor [smut]
numb - connor
sunday morning - markus
stars - markus x connnor
nail polish - connor
facing fears - connor [male reader]
her voice - kara
the game - edits
merry christmas - connor
pranks with connor - hank and connor
a new feeling - connor and kara
a chance - daniel
please i can't loose you - connor
things i imagine with characters x reader
idk what to even title this - hank and connor [smut]
friendship - connor x daniel
slow for now - (a.n)
fireworks - ralph
im here - connor x reader

the painter - markus

5.1K 137 58
By Livie_Writes

this is mostly poem based ngl lol but i swear it gets there.

You carefully sipped the hot coffee, sitting peacefully outside in your backyard, listening to the trees sing as wind flew with them. You felt your pet sit next to you, rubbing thier head against your leg. You smiled, rubbing thier head before returning, you let a sigh roll out for your mouth. Your heart ached. You missed your neighbor, Carl. 

Carl was one of your closet friends, he let you into his home practically all the time, you both became close, especially in painting. You both were famous for your passion, and compassion to each other. You felt a tear leak down your face, and cursed.

"Don't remember." You mutter, feeling your heart turn into dust at the thought of the sweet, old man. "Why him." You place your coffee down, walking into the center of your backyard, falling to your knees, hugging them as you moved yourself into a ball to try and hide the pain. 

A sudden doorbell caught your attention, you took it as a way to escape, and sat up, brushing yourself off as you wiped your red eyes. "You have a visitor, Miss (Y/n)." Your house spoke, you nodded, walking to the locked front door and opening it. "Hello?"

No one stood there, you saw the road as passing cars whizzed by, you saw your flowers blooming outside your house, but no one was found. You looked one more time, and caught something. A bright pink on the cement stuck out, you walked out, your sundress flowed with the wind as you bent down. And froze seeing what it was. 

The canvas was about the size of a microwave, it was dancing with colors. You felt a small sound of grief leave your throat once you noticed the details, and saw it was you. You held a pink rose, smiling affectionately as colors danced in the background, you wore a white dress, so you stuck out like a thumb. You turned, looking at the back, you felt your heart stop. 

𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙞 𝙣𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙖𝙮 𝙞𝙩 𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝, 𝙞 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙢𝙮 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙡𝙚 𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙤 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨, 𝙞 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡. 

- 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙡

You felt hot tears trail down your face, your shaky hands held the beautiful artwork as careful as they could muster. You ran inside, slamming the door as you choked on a sob. You placed the panting on the floor and began crying, your mourning heart crushing into ashes as you still saw the smile on the old man's face.

Hours passed and you didn't move, you watched the painting, you saw yourself slowly dancing with the flower, the unknown wind flying through your locks as a soft smile set on your face. You were content. The next morning you placed a ladder on the tree, your mouth held a hammer, you placed the nail carefully, took the hammer and smashed it into the tree. You tied a knot as a pale strong string held onto it and on another tree across the garden of your backyard.

You looked to the painting in your hands, you kissed it, your mind racing and telling the words you oh so wanted to tell Carl, you sniffled, but smiled, hanging us the canvas on the string. Backing away after placing your tools away, you smiled as your backdrop of just your trees, bushes and greenery complemented the painting. 

Suddenly the doorbell rung again. The house warned you and you oddly questioned who would be at the door at 6 AM, but to your surprise no one was there again. But this time a painting sat peacefully on your 'welcome' rug outside. You saw a android bird staring at your, a nice beautiful contrast of blue behind it. You grabbed it and walked forward, searching the sidewalk for anyone. There was no one.

You flipped it, feeling a odd feeling on the back of the canvas. 

𝐈 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞.

-𝐌

You let your fingertips run across the canvas, and eyed the sidewalk one more time before entering into the warmth of your home. You smiled, feeling a warm sensation in your chest when you remembered Carl's birds, and how they would nudge into your neck, feeling the warm skin you owned. 

You decided to hang up the mystery painting with Carl, seeing as both seemed to appear in thin air, you watched them, smiling. "Ill play your little game, painter." You muttered to yourself, smiling.

Days began flying by as each day you waited for a painting, each one seemed to eb connected with you and Carl, each one seemed more special then the last. You hanged every single one. 

"A angel." You smiled, hanging up a yellow painting, showing you as large wings took up most of the canvas, you had your arms wide, seeming content and relaxed. 

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

 -𝐌

"Growing old." You muster as you stare at it with wonder. It was a simple (f/c) background, but two sides held it as you stood, half cut as the other side held a old girl, but she held the same smile as you.

𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧 𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐞. 

-𝐌

"A long, empty road." You whisper, seeing the stormy sky, the oddly uncomfortable dark road. But you held a joyful smile, walking in the center, seemingly prepared for anything that comes.

𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞. 

-𝐌

"My backyard?" You question suddenly. Seeing a oddly similar painting to the one when you got Carl's painting. It was your backyard except wind was visible, you danced, seemingly laughing out of pure spitefulness. You hitched your breath

𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬. 

-𝐌

"A hand? But who's?" You ask quietly, seeing the neutral colored photo, your hand clutches someone's, but it's completely black out with a dark smudge. You frown.

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬. 

-𝐌

"A man?" You touch the painting seeing a man, smudged in black, but a pink heart lies in the darkness. You feel a sensation suddenly grow in your chest without reason.

𝐈 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐬. 

-𝐌

"The park?" You gasp when you see yourself, bundled up and holding a coffee close to you. The sunlight peaks through fall trees. The same black smudge is next to you, your looking at it. You bite your lip in frustration. "Who are you?!"

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 

-𝐌

"Oh my." You muster, the panting was oddly different then most, mostly because of the darker colors. A strip, white line separates a pale hand, with a tiny scar on it. Just like yours. And a android's, no skin or plates at all as it reaches for your hand. You place your hand on it, not realizing that you were falling in love with only words and pictures from the mysterious man. 

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭. 

-𝐌

You feel tears leave your eyes as you could practically feel the emotion spilling from the canvas. A dark and light side. You stood on fluffy, yellow clouds and they shine form the sun. You frowned as you stood there, clutching your chest. Looking down at the canvas the smudge had a full arm, but began falling into a dark abyss. "N-No..." You mutter, feeling your eyes begin to pool.

𝐈 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭! 

-𝐌

You could barley even look at it, you held the androids hand, black still surrounds him but his face is crystal clear as he stares into yours. "Markus." You softly cry, holding the dry canvas to your chest, you look over to the wall of your backyard. He was right there. You suddenly felt, looking back to the strip, white line and gasp. 

𝐖𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 

-𝐌

"Finally at peace." Your garden. Markus and you lay on the soft grass floor, sleeping peacefully.

𝐈𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐰𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. 

-𝐌

"Empathy." Markus's LED glows yellow, clutching your frame as you saw your body begin to turn into a smudge, like Markus.

𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞. 

-𝐌

"Carl tell me what to do." You pray. Markus is smiling, you as well. You both seem comfortable being smudges together.

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠. 

-𝐌

"Love will forever last."

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭! 

-𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐮𝐬

At that moment, the doorbell rings. You turn to the sound, for a moment frozen in your spot. Your backyard is full with paintings as they hang peacefully. Your hands shake as you go to the door. You open it, and nearly collapse.

You want to say something, but your throat felt like it was being choked. Markus stared at your, his tired eyes matched yours. You felt silent tears fall down your face. You jump, hugging him as your legs dangle, he hitches his breath to not cry himself as he holds you tightly. 

You both feel your hearts grow, and the grief subside as you look to each other. "W-Why?" You ask, he smiles. "I can never put words together when i see you, so i show my...love through them, i suppose." He weakly chuckles at the end, you look to his hand, and hold it. He looks to you, squeezing it. 

"I should have known it was you. Iv'e has this weird feeling...joy and...love when i was around you. I never can describe it, how much i love you, painter." You softly mutter, he holds you, you smell the scent of paint off of him. 

He pulls away, holding your waist. You hear cars, birds, the rattle of bushes as wind battled for dominance. He leans down, kissing your tender lips as emotion flies through you. You feel joyful tears leak out of both your faces. You touch foreheads,  looking to each other and smiling softly. 

The painter and the angel. Finally in heaven.

~

Lol im at a water park rn and i got really bored so i left to write this haha, but i did find this beautiful poem online so yups.

next tmr i might do a gavin x reader bc i found a perfect imagine from pinterest lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 1K 21
"𝐒'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭, 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭." (detroit: become human) (kara x female oc) (pre-written and lowercase intended!) #1 in kara: 5.4.20
12.6K 252 18
β˜†This book has Ended!!β˜† As the title explains, this is a Oneshot book containing ALL your favorite characters from the D:BH game. I'm in LOVE WITH it...