Stranded| m.yg ✔

By BurkahRae12

"Of all the people in the world, I had to be stranded here with you?" "Why are you sleeping during a life or... More

I N T R O
ONE| Aboard
TWO| 24 Hours
THREE| Storm
FIVE| Salvage
SIX| Need
SEVEN| Clean
EIGHT| Shave
NINE| Emotions
TEN| Sinking
ELEVEN| Different
TWELVE| Fever
THIRTEEN| Home
FOURTEEN| Trip
FIFTEEN| Flirt
SIXTEEN| Bite
SEVENTEEN| Deal
EIGHTEEN| Relationship
NINETEEN| Moments
TWENTY| Dark
TWENTY-ONE| Steps
TWENTY-TWO| Rescue
TWENTY-THREE| Wrong
TWENTY-FOUR| Funding
TWENTY-FIVE| Elope
TWENTY-SIX| Cake
TWENTY-SEVEN| STRANDED
F I N A L T H O U G H T S

FOUR| Breathe

7.4K 501 665
By BurkahRae12

Yoongi watched you disappear beneath the waves and tried to call out your name but unfortunately the water cut his words short and took him out as well. The fact that a substance as simple as  water could be powerful enough to beat the life out a person was unbelievable.

For a moment, Yoongi felt himself unable to move in the dark ocean as it lulled him to loose conscious and become enveloped in the cold water forever, but his eyes snapped open and he did his absolute best to fight it.

His lungs and eyes burned as the surface of the water seemed farther and farther away with every kick, but Yoongi refused to give up. He couldn't die, he wouldn't die. His father needed him.

Finally, right before he didn't think he could take it any longer, he erupted from the churning ocean to the stormy night sky once more. He did his best to stay afloat, and looked around frantically for you and the raft. 

He was able to make out the faint outline of the tipped raft a few feet away, but he couldn't find you. Yoongi panicked, thinking there was a possibility that the ocean had taken you and got closer to the raft to see if he could find you.

By the slight chance of a miracle, the tips of your fingers reached above the water as your unconscious body sunk beneath the waves, and Yoongi spotted you, quickly propelling himself so that he could grab your arm and try to support you above the water.

He cursed under his breath in panic as he saw that you were unconscious and did his absolute best to keep both you and him afloat, but it was hard. His last hope was the raft.

Thinking quickly, he grabbed a side of the raft and waited for another wave to come so he could use the motion to help him flip it back over. This was extremely difficult as he was still trying to hold you, but by the chance of another miracle, he succeeded. He quickly gripped your waist and pushed your unconscious form over the side of the raft; he then also climbing in after he was sure you were secure.

He quickly laid you down in the raft and frantically checked your breathing. You groaned in pain and Yoongi sighed in relief. You would be fine after you woke up. He didn't care about you a whole lot or anything, but it would still suck if you died. Of course, the storm hadn't disappeared, and although he felt as if he could sleep for a hundred years, Yoongi knew that he couldn't rest just yet.

He did his best to fight against the waves and rough rainfall to steady the raft and keep it afloat. He was so tired, and the storm seemed to drain every ounce of energy and warmth out of him, but he kept going. He kept going all night.

~~~

Everything hurt. That was the first impression you had of what you were feeling as you awoke under the scorching sun and on top of the rough sand. Your eyes fluttered open; eye lids feeling heavy as you groaned in pain. It felt as if you had been used as some sort of human pinata.

At first you couldn't see anything due to the fact that you were laying on your back staring straight up at the bright sun. It momentarily blinded you before you blinked and sat up; rubbing your eyes in order to see clearly. Sand had embedded itself in your clothes and hair, and you felt it rain from your back as you sat up off of the sandy ground.

The first thing you saw was the ocean of course, but a very different ocean than the one that had tortured you the night before. This ocean was calm, blue, and peaceful; reflecting the sky and white fluffy clouds in it's clear surface, as if it hadn't completely destroyed an entire boat the night before.

Your eyes widened as everything came flooding back to you; the storm, the fire, the raft, Yoongi...

Oh no.

You abruptly stood up, your legs wobbling a little as you frantically looked around for the pale and sharp tongued man. You spotted the raft a little ways away sitting on the beach and felt confusion cloud your mind. Hadn't you toppled out of the raft? What was it doing here?

What were YOU doing here? Why weren't you dead?! You began to look and ponder the situation a little further but was abruptly pulled out of your thoughts when you saw the lifeless looking form of Yoongi laying face up in the sand a few meters away.

Your heart stopped and you forgot everything else as you ran over to the body.

"No no no," You murmured as he remained completely still, his thick eyelashes stuck together from the salt water and his clothes wrinkled from the rough waves that had soaked them.

You stiffed back a sob as he seemed to not be showing any signs of life and almost wept over his motionless form. You had just met him and his life had already been taken?! How could this happen?! You fell to your knees and scraped them in the sand, feeling tears build up behind your eyes.

"I'm so sorry I attacked you!" You wept, burying your face in your hands, "You didn't really deserve it!"

Then, you stopped crying; abruptly remembering something that you learned a long time ago. You felt uneasy because it had been years since you took classes, but if it could save Yoongi's life, then you would have to try. 

You were referring to CPR.

Nervously aligning yourself over Yoongi's body, you tried to remember what to do first. You snapped your fingers when you remembered that the first thing you do was chest compressions.

Wrapping your fingers together, you hovered your palms above Yoongi's chest and pushed down in hard and swift motions. 

Yoongi of course, unknown to you, was completely fine and only sleeping after the draining night he had had. He was such a deep sleeper that even you slamming your hands into his chest in order to attempt to 'start up his heart' couldn't fully wake him up.

You remembered what to do next and nervously complied; tilting his head back and freezing in disbelief as you started down at his lips. 

You really didn't want to put your mouth on this guy. You had literally just met him yesterday and you figured if he ever found out you would be tossed into a pit of death or maybe even sued. You shook your head in disbelief at your thoughts. This man could die! You needed to get over it immediately and save his life!

"I don't want to do this anymore than you want me to," You told him wearily, your breath shaking in anxiety as you pinched his nose shut and lowered your mouth to connect to his, you giving him your breath as your lips touched and fastened themselves to his. Your heartbeat was hammering out of control.

Yoongi hated people touching his nose. He had slept through your crying and beating on his chest, but as he felt you pinch his nose, he allowed his eyes to open and for his senses to come to under the feeling that irked him so badly.

What he did not see coming at all was what you did next.  

Yoongi's eyes opened very widely as your mouth collided with his and he felt your lips. Time slowed down as he tasted the salt from the sea water that had slightly chapped your bottom lip and he saw your tear stained cheeks so close to his face. 

Yoongi hadn't felt a kiss in a long time. He had been too busy to date and he hadn't seen the need to recently, so the feeling was almost new to him in a way and he couldn't help but admit that... wasn't... exactly... necessarily... bad.

He seemed to forget who was 'kissing' him however as he allowed his eyes to slightly close for a moment before you blew into his mouth in order to give him air and he choked. The fluttery feeling disbursed immediately as he remembered that you were in fact crazy.

"BREATHE YOONGI BREATHE!" You cried, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him roughly. You dropped him when you saw that he was fearfully looking at you and gasped.

"Yoongi! You're alive!" You exclaimed, bursting into tears and pulling him back to embrace him, your tears falling on his wrinkled shirt.

He came to his senses then and pushed you back; standing up quickly and backing away, eyes wide in disbelief at what had just happened.

"I was asleep!" He exclaimed in a horse voice, willing his heart to stop beating under your teary gaze.

You blinked when his words hit you and blushed profusely when you realized...

"Oh my-"

You both made eye contact and scooted a little further away from each other, Yoongi coughing awkwardly and cursing his pale skin for showing the heat that rose to his cheeks and ears so clearly.

"Does your fiance know you go around kissing people?" 

You buried your face in your hands as Yoongi attempted to fix the situation with his harsh words, but it didn't quite work. 

"What kind of person sleeps at a time like this?"

"Me!" He fumed, angry that you were trying to blame the situation on him.

"How were you sleeping when I was crying and pounding on your chest and stuff?!"

"I'm a deep sleeper!"

You scoffed and rolled your eyes.

"It wasn't a kiss," you murmured under your breath, angry that he had thought it was. Like you wanted to kiss him in the first place! You sighed, closing your eyes to steady yourself. "OK, let's just... erase this from our memories and agree that it never happened?"

"Agreed," Yoongi spoke quickly, acting disgusted but secretly knowing he wouldn't be forgetting your little exchange any time soon. 

"OK," You sighed in relief, and for the first time, looked at your surroundings. The beach the two of you were standing on was simply the beginning of what your eyes could see as you looked past Yoongi to see a lush green jungle. 

"Y-Yoongi, how exactly did we get here?" You found yourself stammering, eyes unable to look away from the entanglements of different trees and leaves. 

Yoongi followed your eyes to see where you were looking and also stood in shock. The night before, he hadn't had a decent view of the island the two of you had ended up on so had simply made sure you were safe and laid down; completely exhausted.

For a moment neither of you said anything and instead took it all in, the sight of endless jungle, the scent of the sea, and the sound of the waves lapping against the beach.

"We hit the island in the raft during the storm," Yoongi finally informed you pointedly after a moment of staring, "Don't you remember that the boat went down?"

"B-But I thought I fell out of the raft?"

"You did. I just put you back on."

You froze, realizing what he was saying.

"You saved me?"

Yoongi regretted telling you but figured if he just played it off, you wouldn't make a big deal out of it.

"Unfortunately."

His words were sharp, but somehow, you were beginning to get used to them. You knew Yoongi didn't mean it. He had saved you after all. There was a reasoning behind his coldness, and although you didn't know what it was yet, that didn't mean it wasn't there.

"Thank you," You said simply, smiling at him and knocking him off guard. He looked away quickly and didn't respond, walking back towards the raft and trying to gather his composure.

"Where are you going?" You called out, following behind him close to his heels as if a lost puppy.

"To start doing what every person should do as soon as they find themselves on a deserted island," He said pointedly, not turning to face you.

You stopped following and stood in the sand, feeling the tiny grains of rock scrape your ankles.

"And what's that?" You called out, crossing your arms at his vagueness.

You didn't see, but Yoongi lightly touched his lips for a moment and closed his eyes before taking a deep breath and replying.

 "Survive."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 62.7K 37
an arranged marriage... A cold girl who loved her husband more than anything... Y/n= your name. Jan-feb2021 Hello friends! This is the first fanf...
7.7K 815 28
All it took was one look to decide she wanted the quiet loner sitting in the moonlight. There is something about him, something she can't quite put a...
49.6K 2.7K 78
MYGFF BOOK 1:3 "Can you really live with this man for six months falling in love with him on the daily and be ok when he packs up to go home and you...
37.8K 2.4K 47
This is a story of two people with their own troubled past and present who see no chances in changing that, neither when they were proposed to get ma...