A Stranger's Thoughts | JENLI...

By topknotrangi

Lisa and Jennie accidentally could hear each other's thoughts and wonders who is who. The other girl is livin... More

A Stranger's Thoughts
FOREWORD
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 12

10.3K 533 211
By topknotrangi

"Chaeyoung?" Lisa uttered in surprise.

Why is she here?

"Lisa," she smiled faintly.

"Y-You're here?"

"I came in here to pay you a visit," she replied.

"O-Ohh right.." Lisa stammered, not knowing what to do next.

Chaeyoung saw Donghyuk standing right beside Lisa looking at them awkwardly where she gave him a small smile that made him relax for a bit. He smiled back at her.

"O-Oh, uhm Donghyuk this is Chaeyoung, my girlfriend.." Lisa introduced before Donghyuk's jaw dropped to the ground as his eyeballs almost went out from its sockets.

"Y-Y-Yo-Your g-girlfriend?" he gasped in shock trying to process everything in his mind. "O-Oh right! Girlfriend! Where are my manners? Hi! I'm Donghyuk." he bowed down.

"N-No need to be formal. I'm Park Chaeyoung." she smiled awkwardly.

"It's so nice to meet you!" he smiled, trying not to be awkward. "Uhm, Lisa why won't you show her around? I still got things to do. I'll see you guys later!" he said before walking away.

"Yah, Donghyuk? Who was that??" Dahyun asked him before frowning.

"Woah seriously you won't gonna believe it!!" he exclaimed.

"What? Why?" Jennie looks at him.

"I think... I-I need to help them plow the soil right now... W-Why won't you ask Lisa first? I'm afraid I might not heard it right.." he rubbed his temples before walking away.

"Woah seriously that was weird. What has gotten into him?" Dahyun mumbled to Jennie.

"Jennie-yah! We're going to plant vegetables today! You better get ready!" her grandma shouted over the other side.

..

"Who's that?" Yunhyeong's forehead crinkled after seeing Lisa with another girl he's not familiar with.

"I've never seen her before," Junhoe said.

"She must be Lisa's friend who came by and visit her." Jinhwan took a look at the two from the distance while plowing the soil.

"You mean her girlfriend." Donghyuk rolled his eyes while mumbling to himself.

"Her what?!"

"Yah, you guys are you done??" Jennie says.

"Just a minute!!" they replied.

"Oh my goodness. Are you serious?!" Jinhwan asked in shock.

"Lisa introduced me to her. I'm not sure if I heard it right or my ears just need some cleaning to do." he rubbed his nape.

"Will you look at that.." Junhoe nudged the three on his sides as their eyes landed on the two at the distance in sync.

..

"How are you?" Chaeyoung asked softly, holding onto Lisa's hand.

"I'm fine by now. You don't need to worry." Lisa landed her soft glare at the girl then smiled before she gently squeezed her hand.

"I'm sorry I couldn't drop by.." Chaeyoung looked down.

"I know. I understand you're busy-" Lisa suddenly stiffened just as Chaeyoung hugged her tightly.

"I missed you," she whispered, burying her face into Lisa's neck.

"I-I've missed y-you too.," she said back, hugging her too but not tightly as Chaeyoung's before pulling away to kiss her forehead.

The people who were watching in the distance gasped in unison.

"So I heard it right?!" Donghyuk gasped, covering his mouth in shock.

"Yah you blackheads are you done?!" Jennie went back annoyed.

"Y-YES!! WE'RE DONE! WE'RE DONE!!" Junhoe retorted.

Yunhyeong grabbed her arm and walks away.

"Ugh, what the heck Yun??" she pulled away from his grip.

"Tell me something I didn't know." he crossed his arms.

"What?" she frowned, completely confused by his actions.

"Do you like Lisa?"

"W-What are you talking about?" she stammered.

"Should I tell the obvious?"

"Huh?"

"Goddammit, Jen get your shits together!"

"What the fuck? Why are you suddenly like that?"

"Okay," he took a deep breath. "Do you like Lisa?" he asked softly this time.

"What's with the sudden question?"

"Don't make this hard on yourself Jen I know you do. I just want to hear it."

"Have you gone mad? Why are you suddenly asking such weird things?"
Yunhyeong exhaled in distress.

"It's not weird okay? I just want to hear it so that I can.. Help you or protect you in the future."

"What?" she furrowed her brows again.

"I was just asking the most basic question, Jen. And the answer is only yes or no. Do you like Lisa?" Yunhyeong saw how Jennie moved her eyes from his own to the other way around.

Jennie felt uncomfortable. She felt nervous and embarrassed knowing that she was already obvious all these time that people around her knew something that she even didn't tell anybody.

"I'll take that silence as a yes." he sighed.

"Y-Yunhyeong-" she looked at him with those sad, pleading eyes which were also mixed with fear.

"Oh, come here." he pulled her into a hug and rubbed her back. "It's okay... People fall in love. I just want to hear it whether you like her-oh wait. It's not like it's love. Promise me to call any one of us if she hurts you."

"Yah, it's not like we are in a relationship yet." she smacks his chest.

"Just saying."

~•~

"Hey, Lisa my mom made some-Oh hiii!" Dahyun smiled at the girl who's with Lisa.

"Hello," Chaeyoung greeted and smiled back.

"I'm Dahyun from the house where Lisa is staying at. And you are??" she held out her hand for a handshake.

"I'm Chaeyoung, Lisa's girlfriend." she gladly took it and shake it twice.

Dahyun's smile slowly faded away.

"Her what?" she couldn't believe her ears.

"Girlfriend."

"O-Ohhh!! Hiii! It was so nice to meet you." Dahyun tried to compose herself rather than being awkward. "Come in! You must be very hungry during the ride!"

"Thanks."

"So you'll stay overnight?" Dahyun asks.

"N-No. I got things to do tomorrow. I just came here to visit her." she replied.

"Oh.. Uhm, hey I'm gonna call the others too. Feel at home!" she said before walking out.

"Lisa, has a girlfriend all this time?" Dahyun couldn't believe it until she ran into the guys on the field helping their grandma plant.

"Lisa has a girlfriend? Damn, I felt like I'm still dreaming." Jinhwan rubbed his temples.

"You're not the only one." Dahyun shakes her head in disbelief.

"You knew?!"

"Of course you dweeb! That Chaeyoung girl even proudly introduced herself to me as Lisa's girlfriend. Jeez, if you knew I got chills after she said that." she rolled her eyes. "I'm Chaeyoung, Lisa's girlfriend. Ughhh." she groaned, more like exaggerating the imitation.

"What would Jennie feel about this?" Donghyuk said sadly.

"I have no idea." Dahyun sighed.

"If anything happens, let's prepare for the worse." he bit his lip.

"Come on, you guys must be hungry too. And call Jennie for me too," she told Junhoe.

"She's with Yunhyeong. Oh, there they are!"

"Dahyun?" Jennie said in surprise.

"Oh hey, good thing you're here. I came to call you guys for some snacks. C'mon!" Dahyun said before walking home dragging Jennie by her arm.

"Soooo any news??" Donghyuk whispered to Yunhyeong.

"She confirmed it," Yunhyeong reveals sadly.

"Ugh, what do we do now?"

They walked behind the two girls, pushing and pulling each other who will go first until they entered Dahyun's house then went in the dining room.

"Hey Auntie," the boys greeted with a small smile.

"Oh hey, you guys have some sandwiches and tea. It's on the table." Sohee said.

"Okay." they sat down at the table and ate silently.

"Who's that??" Jennie asked the others.

"Oh, Lisa's f-friend?" Donghyuk lied. He whimpered silently in pain after Dahyun stomped on his foot under the table.

They all ate silently as they tried to listen to their conversation from the other room.

"So, where were we again?" Sohee turned to Chaeyoung and Lisa.

"Oh yeah, I worked as a call center agent in Seoul." Chaeyoung continued their conversation.

"Ohhh wow. So how did you both meet each other?"

"We're school buddies at the university."

"Hmm, I wonder what's the secret of your year and almost a half relationship?"

Everybody tilted their heads in sync in surprise to watch Jennie's reaction but there she was, just sitting with a blank face.

"What?" Jennie asked in a dead tone. She raised her brows at them the moment she noticed them looking at her with worried expressions.

They all broke their eye contact with Jennie and parted their eyes everywhere.

"By remembering the LRT," Chaeyoung replied softly.

"LRT? What was that suppose to mean?"

"Y'know... Love, Respect, and Trust.."

Lisa felt red. Not that Chaeyoung was trying to flatter her but from the tension of everybody on the first floor. She knew she didn't come up with this matter with them or even open up about her love life.

The silence from the dining room is pressuring her so much that she wished the ground to eat her whole right now.

"I didn't know you were already taken," Sohee mumbled with a small chuckle. "I thought she's into Jen.." she murmured to herself.

Sohee thought that there was something going on with the JENLISA thing like her daughter, and nephew's gossips. Everybody was dumbfounded and never expect such a revelation from her.

Yet here she is, with her city girlfriend inside their house. The sandwiches' savory went bland in their mouths where they couldn't even taste the filling inside so as the matcha tea they just drank.

"So you'll stay for the rest of the night?" Sohee asks Chaeng.

"Not really. I just came in here to visit."

"Ah, you two must be missing each other very much. It must be hell for you being away from each other for almost 5 months?"

Lisa could only hum in response. Not really feeling this tensed conversation especially there are other people around.

"Kind of.." the other one responded with a small smile.

Junhoe suddenly stood up more like with a force of being enraged. Both Jinhwan and Yunhyeong tried to pull him down where Junhoe suddenly bailed out and slammed the door.

"Who was that?" Sohee and the couple looked up at the group who was silently heading out of the house.

"It's just Junhoe on a rush hehe we're all done. Thanks, auntie." Jinhwan flashed a forced smile before heading out.

He was followed by Dahyun then Jennie who was the last one to follow but her gaze landed on Chaeyoung's where Chaeyoung gave out a small warm smile. Jennie just gave a slight nod then took a glance on Lisa for a second before she breaks their eye contact then leave the house silently.

Lisa doesn't even have the time to react when Jennie just stormed off after that millisecond. And it's bothering her as she wanna go after her.

"I guess they're all done. I'll go wash the dishes. You both, have fun! Just make it sure you're not going to play with the mud before the old lady across the house will get furious." warns the older woman as she gathered their used eating utensils then went to the sink.

"What was that suppose to mean?"

"Oh, that old lady was Mrs. Kim's mother-in-law. Dahyun's grandmother." Lisa replied quietly.

"I see.."

They both went out of the house where they saw them working on the fields where Lisa find it strange. They're not loud like they're used to where they were almost yelling, screaming, chit-chatting, singing while working. But this time, they're quietly doing their job.

"Is there something wrong?" Chaeyoung noticed how Lisa was changing her expressions from time to time.

"I'm good. It's just that my head hurts a little.." she mumbled.

"You should rest."

"I'm fine, really," Lisa said in reassurance.

"Are you sure?"

"Chaeng," Lisa glares at her.

"Okay, okay. Fine, so you're okay. No big deal. I'll zip my mouth." she raised her hands in defeat.

"You're overreacting." Lisa pulled her hands down as she held it tight.

"I'm glad you survived without your phone." Chaeyoung held Lisa's hands back.

"Some people helped me how to get through this. And it was them." Lisa traveled her gaze towards the people in the field.

"I'm glad they're being nice to you."

"Yeah, I'm thankful." Lisa smiled a bit before her eyes landed on Jennie from afar where she saw Bobby was trying to talk to her but Jennie is completely ignoring the guy.

Then Lisa released her grip on Chaeyoung's hands and shove it inside her pockets watching over them.

Then the night comes...

"It's almost eight. You should go home because the road is dark from here who knows what will happen to you." Lisa said while walking with Chaeng.

"It's fine. I've already called for a taxi beyond this rate to pick me up."

"Hey, dinner's ready. You guys must be hungry." Dahyun approached closer to them.

"Are you guys having a celebration or something?"

"Ah, it's a-" Dahyun began but Lisa cut her off.

"It's a tradition in here every fourth Friday of the month."

"I see.." she nodded a bit with understanding.

Dahyun looked at Lisa for a moment when the taller girl caught her gaze.

"T-The food might turn cold," Dahyun uttered before walking away.

Both of them followed her tracks and went to the barbecue area.

"Oh, Chaeyoung! Come here, sit!" Sohee called out.

Chaeyoung?

Lisa gasped before searching the brunette until it landed on it's back where Jennie was doing the barbecue with Bobby.

"Oh, thanks." Chaeyoung bit her lips before smiling as Sohee gave her some utensils to eat.

"Lisa, want some barbecue?" Bobby approaches them on the table with a plate full of barbecue.

"Sure, thanks I guess."

Chaeyoung took a bite on the newly cooked barbecue, "Omo, this is good. Who cooked this?"

"Uhm, it's Jennie, my cousin, over there." Bobby pointed the back of Jennie who's busy with her work.

"Jennie-yah!!" Bobby called out before Jennie turns around. "She said your barbecue is good!!" he tapped Chaeyoung's shoulder with a grin.

"A-Ah, haha t-thanks." Jennie plastered a small forced smile before turning away again.

"She's kinda shy but who knows you both will be good close friends just as how close Lisa and Jennie are." he shrugs before delivering some barbecue on the others.

"You two are close friends?" Chaeyoung turned to look at Lisa who seemed to be furrowing her eyebrows while eyeing Jennie meters away.

"W-What was that again?" Lisa looked at her.

"You and Jennie are close friends?"

"Y-Yeah, I guess.."

"Why do I felt like you're not that close today? I haven't seen you interact with her."

"O-Oh that. She's busy."

Busy my fuckin' ass.

"Chaeng-"

"OH YEAH WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME AT THE KARAOKE?!" Yunhyeong yelled over.

"ME!! ME!!"

"ALRIGHT! LET'S GOOO!!"

..

"Jen, grandma said we got a shortage of beers." Mino ran into her.

"And?"

"She wants us both to buy some."

"M'kay." she shrugged before snatching the key on his hand.

"Oh hey! Grandma said to bring Lisa with us!"

"She's busy entertaining her guest dude don't fuckin ruin their moment." she snaps before jumping inside the car.

..

"Taxi's here," Chaeyoung muttered before she stood up so as Lisa. They were both walking towards the taxi.

"I guess I'll see you soon again?" Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah, I'll see you soon," Lisa replied before Chaeyoung wrapped her arms around her and pecked her on the lips just as a familiar truck passed by on the road.

Lisa froze just as her girlfriend walked broke away and went inside the taxi and drove away.

"W-WOAH WOAH WHAT WAIT WAIT!! DID YOU SEE THAT?!" Mino exclaims.

"See what?"

"That girl!! She-" Jennie froze after she took a single glance over her side mirror.

The scene stabbed her heart as her lips started to wobble and her eyes went watery but blinked everything off and forced her eyes back on the road. Struggling to keep her mindset straight.

"I'm concentrating on the road you asshole. Stop distracting me!"

..

"How much?"

"60,000 won Miss Kim."

"Here, thanks." she pushed the cart towards the truck after paying where she saw Mino jamming into some songs on the radio.

"Yah, you'll just sit there and watch me?"

"Oh, right. HAHA, sorry." he jumped off to help her carry the cases inside the truck before Jennie drove off again.

Mino transferred the radio station until the music sounded clear.

They both fell into silence then Jennie sighed heavily when the song just started.

"I recall when you said that you would never leave me

You told me more, so much more like when the time you whispered in my ear

There was heaven in my heart

I remember when you said that you'd be here forever"

Jennie didn't think of anything as she tightly gripped on the wheel, trying to keep the straight pace of the truck on the road. She suddenly felt her eyes went watery before quickly blinking her eyes to prevent it from falling.

"Then you left without even saying that you're leaving

I was hurt and it really won't be easy to forget yesterday

And I pray that you would stay

But then you're gone and, oh, so far away"

"Turn the radio off," Jennie said, she was starting to get uncomfortable with the song. She pressed the gas a little bit more just to end the trip.

"I was afraid this time would come

I wasn't prepared to face this kind of hurtin' from within

I have learned to live my life beside you

Maybe I'll just dream of you tonight

And if into my dream you'll come and touch me once again"

"JUST TURN THE FUCKING RADIO OFF GODDAMMIT!!" she yelled that makes Mino jump in surprise and turned the radio off immediately.

"Jesus Christ! No need to shout woman! J-Jennie?" Mino furrowed his brows in shock seeing some fresh tears coming out from her eyes down unto her cheeks.

Jennie quickly wiped it off before she pulled the truck. Mino got surprised when the ride was shorter than what he's been expecting than before they went to the market.

Mino jumped off from the truck after Jennie when he saw her snatching two bottles of beer and gulped it down.

"Yah! Why are you drinking again!"

"Why would you care?" she shot a glare before walking away drinking the two bottles of beers in her hands together one after another.

"Jennie?" Dahyun looks at her horrifying cousin tipsy and drunk. "Jesus!! Jen, you're drinking again!"

"Let me enjoy my life my own fuckers!" she suddenly snatched the microphone from Donghyuk's hand before selecting her desired song.

"What has gotten into you?" Hanbin frowns, seeing how Jennie acted weirdly before her song started.

"She doesn't sing but why is she snatching microphones right now?" Mino whispered to Dahyun.

"I wish I could be your princess

The one who could give you happiness

The one who could make you smile"

She tightly gripped her microphone as she closed her eyes feeling the song she sang that she deeply knew it was killing her deep inside.

"I wish we could be something more

One day you'll come knocking at my door

And tell me you love me, too"

Everybody noticed how her voice cracked a little.

"I don't know but I keep falling

I don't know what's up with this heart of mine

All I know is that I keep falling

Deeper and deeper in love"

Lisa, on the other hand, was eyeing at her from behind, meters away from the group.

"What's wrong with you?" she whispered to herself thinking about the brunette.

"Cause you are all I've ever wanted

And there are words that are left unsaid

I've been waiting out here all along

Every night that I keep wishing

That we'll have our own happy ending

I wish one day you'll open your eyes

And see what is right in front of you

So I can tell you I love you"

Can't you see how you broke my heart?

"I don't know but I keep falling

I don't know what's up with this heart of mine

All I know is that I keep falling

Deeper and deeper in love"

"Cause you are all I've ever wanted

And there are words that are left unsaid

I've been waiting out here all along

Every night that I keep wishing

That we'll have our own happy ending"

"Jennie, that's enough." Yunhyeong grabbed the microphone away from her before wiping her tears filled with pain. "Hey, everything's gonna be okay.."

"I'll go now Yun," she says dreadfully before walking away.

Jennie noticed Lisa's presence that she turned the other way but Lisa tailed her behind towards the back door of her grandma's house.

"Jen, why are you avoiding me? Is there something wrong?"

"There isn't." she tried to find the key in her pockets.

"Tell me what's wrong?"

"Just go Lisa. I'm going to rest."

"I'm not going anywhere until you will tell me what's wrong." Jennie sighed.

Why do you always make this hard on me?

"I'm fine. Really. Just go on Lisa." she kept on pushing her away.

"What did I ever do?"

Jennie kept quiet.

What did you do? I'm not in the mood to discuss something like this right now. Please get the fuck out of my sight!

Lisa was taken aback about that but that isn't enough. "Jennie tell me."

"I'm fine. Really. Just stop bugging me."

"You've been like this for the whole day I didn't know the reason!"

"You told me no secrets right?" she looks at her, and hurt was visible in her eyes.

Lisa blinked in worry.

"Yeah, no secrets. What's wrong with that? Haven't I told you everything?"

"Why don't you ask yourself?"

Lisa thought about the surprise visit of Chaeyoung.

"Yeah right. There's one... Look I didn't try to keep this from you okay? Chaeyoung and I-Wait, you're jealous aren't you?"

"Jealous? Gosh Lisa why would I be jealous? I got no right to be jealous! You have her, she has you. Why would I even want to interrupt your perfect romantic relationship?"

"Jennie-"

"You fooled me a lot. Why not bother wondering why? You let me fall for you for months!! Isn't that enough for you to go away?"

Lisa kept silent.

"I decided to keep my feelings hidden... I was about to tell you how much I loved you but you didn't tell me you already are committed with someone that you didn't even tell me so that I'll bear the pain alone? Do you have any idea how much you hurt me?" Jennie started to break down but kept eye contact with her.

"I love you so much, I just want you to be happy. Even if that happiness doesn't include me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 37.5K 50
I have you, you have me. That's perfect already. Love is not easy thing to do. We laugh, we cry, we smile. What if after all the times we spent toge...
969K 38.4K 24
Jennie was a nurse and got relocated at an asylum and she met Lisa who was described as a very dangerous patient. Originally posted on asianfanfics. โ™ฅ
167K 3.9K 19
"I can't do that to her...She's my bestfriend." "Rule number two :We can't catch feelings for each other." "You have a twin sister what the fuck??!"...
456K 11K 22
Rated 18+ for lesbian sex scenes and crude language. Lisa has been bullied for her size and out of place because she was taller than most boys. Howe...