Hold My Hand [boyxboy]

By AidenSummers

Raiden never had it easy. Abused and hurt at a young age made him a shut off person. He wasn't the same pers... More

Prologue
1: Big Hearts
2: Loud Minds
3:Two Different Worlds Collide
4: Venus And Mars
5: Just A Joke
6: Revelations
7:That One First Love
8:A Flower Among Thorns
9: A Flower Buds
10: A Flower Blooms
11:Breaking The Dam 1
12: Breaking The Dam 2
13: A Twist Of Fate
14: Standing At The Edge
15:Of The Final Masquerade
16:We Were Lovers For The First Time
17:Let Me Fight Your Battles?
18: Tearing Me Apart
19: With Words You Wouldn't Say
20: Past And Present
21: Through The Dark
22: When We Were Young
23: When Will We Learn?
24: Dark
25: Darker
26: Abysmal
27: Dancing With The Devils
28: Dancing With Tied Hands
29:In-Haile
31: I Wanna Go There
32: Where You Go
Epilogue
Let Go

30:Ex-Haile

13.7K 808 323
By AidenSummers

A/N: HAPPY 3 DAYS EARLY ANNIVERSARY BABE!

To say I was terrified is an understatement. I wasn't scared of death or killing, and surely wasn't scared of Blake or any of my cousins.

I was only scared that Raiden might not be alright.

The thought of Raiden being hurt or merely touched drove me to the most dangerous levels of insanity.

After all the promises I made him, I did not want him to see them breaking one after the other.

Promises don't break alone. They break the two parties of a promise with them. A broken promise renders you helpless and empty.

"Take the intersection through Pendrive and go to the ri-"

"I know how to get to the back of the alley" I yelled at Luna, who was giving me stupid directions to a place I practically grew up lingering around.

Despite not actually hanging out inside of the devil's alley, I knew it by heart. I wanted to be alive the day of its demise.

Luna didn't argue or snap back, thankfully but she wasn't making it any easier being next to me in the car.

She was working with them.

She revealed everything about their plan, and the red devils. Had she not been helping me get to Raiden, she would've ended sprawled on some deserted sewer vent.

Her father didn't deserve a girl like her. He was a gentleman, full of class and integrity.

She was full of shit.

I parked the car out of sight, and went in, Luna close on my heels.
----------------------------
Raiden's P.O.V.

The guy in the mask jumped straight to the door. Harken was his name according to Aiden.

I tried to slip off my hand, but I couldn't. Though the ropes were feeling a bit looser, which was a blessing.

The name stuck in my head. It meant something that I couldn't remember. I didn't have much time to dwell on it, however, because with intensity of the gunshots increasing, so was my heart rate.

Aiden struggled with the ropes, but they were tied up firmly. There was no probability for escaping the holds of the chairs.

Harken shushed Aiden with a sinister finger to the mouth (in his case, mask) gesture. It seemed to work on him like a charm.

He was either scared as hell of him, or fallen deeply and madly in love with him.

Knowing Aiden and his stupid crush on Scarlet, it was the first choice.

As for me, guys like him don't scare me anymore.

Harken took the small croaky staircase step by step. Aiden's neck was twisted like an owl's so he could see him.

And then Harken was gone.

"What do we do?" Aiden huffed impatiently.

"What can we do?" I replied simply. "We can't move an inch, and if I open my eyes one second too long the lamp would blind me.

"Does your leg reach my foot?" Aiden asked what I thought was the weirdest question.

"I can try," I extended my leg as far as it was biologically possible, and he did the same. I was able to reach it. "Now what?"

His foot was back by his side, and so was mine.

With his other foot, he slid off his shoe, but kept it hanging loosely on. And then it was extended again, and I understood what was going on.

"Alright on the count of three, we lift the shoe together and throw straight up." he instructed.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

It was like magic. The satisfying sound of a light bulb popping and the few sparkles that burst out.

"Finally." we both said in sync.

Only faint light lingered in the room from the dimmer light bulb above the basement's door.

The latter opened abruptly, and Harken was thrown down the stairs, rendered unconscious on the floor.

"Harken!" Aiden yelped, but he couldn't see him as clear as I could because his back was almost entirely towards the door. "Is he alright Rai?" his concern worried me.

"I can't tell," I said, slightly agitated. "He's bleeding from his nose that's for sure."

"That's very reassuring, thanks."

I tried with the ropes again, gaining a bit more control over them.

"Have I ever delivered a positive message?" I sighed.

"Now what?" Aiden asked no one in particular.

Though he was correct. Now what? If I couldn't get my hands out of this, we were doomed.

But where would we go if we got out?

One step at a time, I had to repeat to myself.

You could hear an occasional gunshot upstairs, and lots of rummaging and yelling and breaking.

"Is Harken still bleeding?" Aiden asked for the fifth time already.

"Thomas is fine he's just unconscious." I replied with exasperation.

"What do you mean Thomas?" he looked confused.

"What?"

"You said Thomas."

"Ugh. It's just that I keep seeing Thomas's face."

"Speaking of, you never told me what happened and how you ended up here."

I figured since we had a lot of time on our hands, I'd go over the details of the whole ordeal, all while moving my hands around in the ropes in any attempt to free myself.

"I can't believe you actually shot a person." Aiden said.

"It's just his arm." I strangely felt like I'm scarier than Harken.

Aiden's look only confirmed my suspicions.

The basement door burst open, and it was as if the battle upstairs moved down.

Blake was behind me in a matter of seconds, followed by a couple other guys, and then, wearing high heels and a red dress, Scarlet strutted down the stairs like she was Cinderella. Her fake blonde hair bounced around her.

When Aiden saw her, his face turned the colour of her dress.

He was so damn dumb.

Just when I thought no one else was coming, a woman who looked like an older version of Scarlet showed up.

No one paid attention to Harken sprawled on the floor, like he wasn't actually there.

Blake's arm was bandaged heavily.

"Just let me do it, mother" Blake said.

Apparently the woman was Blake's mom. What a nice child you have there.

"Don't you dare touch him" the voice sliced through the basement. It echoed in my head over and over again. Upon hearing his voice, every mad thought concerning him was gone. I forgave everything he'd done.

"Thomas" I breathed.

"Lover boy finally joining the party" Blake mocked.

Thomas did not acknowledge anyone in the room. His eyes fixed on me. "Are you okay, Raiden?" he asked cautiously.

"He's alright Tomm-" Thomas's hand was across Scarlet's face in a flash of terrible silence. She was too shocked to react.

"Don't even speak to me anymore." he sputtered.

He was so unfazed by the amount of guns in this room. Almost everyone except Scarlet, Aiden, and I had a gun.

"Let them go." Thomas commanded.

Blake laughed like it was some joke. "Nah bud, too authoritative for my taste-"

"You heard him, let them go." a deeper voice said. Into the basement stepped Alfred, Thomas's father. "Enough is enough, Amanda." he spoke to Blake's mom, Amanda.

"Reminder you're in my territory, little brother." she snarled.

He looked at Thomas and Scarlet with sorrow in his eyes. But then he saw Harken out cold, and ran to him. He put his arms around him protectively and tried to wake him up.

I noticed Luna standing atop of the stairs, conflicted about running away or coming down.

"ha ha," Amanda giggled. "Maybe it's time you tell Thomas about his brother?" she looked at Thomas and said "oops" like a the little child she was.

"Brother?" Thomas said with a cautious edge to his voice.

When I heard that, I finally realised why I kept seeing Thomas's face in Harken.
They were the same except for the contrast of dark hair and eyes that Thomas lacks.

"How long where you going to keep it from me that I'm not your daughter, father?" Scarlet bitched. "What else have you been hiding from us?"

Thomas didn't know what to say. He looked like his face was drained of colour. As if that was possible.

I felt Blake's gun poke into my back from the chair's crevice. Panic shot in my heart as my arms were inches away from freedom.

I could feel my hand beginning to slip out.

Blake fired.

Aaand more to come soon x.

Vote! Comment! Tell me what you think.

Also guys my story and the other Rivertown stories are in the WATTYS 2018! Show some love and support!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.8K 2.4K 3
( ♂ ♡ ♂ ) "I pleaded, I begged.. But he didn't listen to me. He should've just killed me, but no he chose to ravage me! My love to him will never cha...
2.4K 156 13
Marken, a senior in high school, was forced to leave his friends and home behind, again. Is he ready for the journey into adulthood with a constant t...
2.3K 474 63
Why does life come with so many different possible answers to the same question? Which answer is the correct one and how do you know for sure? Findi...
56.5K 3.2K 24
Profligacy ~Reckless extravagance or wastefulness in the use of resources. ~Licentious or dissolute behaviour. Growing up as the heir to one of th...