Lillies and Nightshades

Od Victoria_Nightshade

Harry didn't grow up with the Dursley family, he was instead saved by Death. What will Dumbledor do without h... Viac

Godfather Death
1986-1988
Kin
Diagon Pt. 1
Diagon Alley Pt.2
S.L. Chaulin/ K.C.S
King's Cross Station
Hoggywarts
Slytherin's Rules
Update Notice
Hogsmeade pt. 1
Hogsmeade pt. 2
D.O.M
An Understanding
Samhain
BTS: Missing Scenes

The Men That Don't Fit In*

9.2K 307 53
Od Victoria_Nightshade

*The Men That Don't Fit in is a poem by Robert Service*

Date: July 5-31, 1989 Age: 9/10

They never really settled down anywhere in particular while in Africa. They spent a month or two in Ethiopia, soaking in all the raw magic that was infused into the ecosystem. They were taught the legends by locals and some, of course, turned out to be true.

Severus would visit them, twice a week, never on the same day. Only once, did he spend more than a day with them; in July for Harry's birthday, he stayed for a week, while they were scouring Mt. Elgon on the border of Uganda and Kenya, following a herd of Heliopaths that had taken residence in the mountain. Severus was almost giddy when he collected a few jars of fire from them.

They moved away from Africa a month later. Cecily was now decorated with magical tattoos on her face- dots and thick/thin lines adorned her forehead, cheeks, and chin-they were only visible to other clansmen or other wizards- in her hair were more decor, turquoise and amber beads were weaved into her braids by the locals. She wore one or two items of tradition garb, usually up in hair ties/wraps or dashiki or even, on occasion, a gomesi- usually one that was yellow or blue or red. Harry also had new decor in his hair, though his beads were made of crystal and jade, though he usually just wore a decorative kaftan and a pair of loose, airy pants. Cecily had only let the elder of the clan give him a protective rune, instead of the full tattoos, like the elder wanted to. Like Harry wanted too.

Cecily smirked at her son. "Maybe next year, you can get another one, but I will not have you going to school with your face marked. This is the only one you'll have for the time being, because it is useful and I have a feeling you're going to need it."

Harry pouted, but gripped her hand when the first pricks of the needle touched his skin. When the elder was done, Harry looked at his upper arm, staring mesmerized at the Algiz that stood out against the dark skin of his arm. It was simple, but he could feel the magic surrounding it. The elder smiled at him, her teeth were missing, but her smile was kind and mischievous. It made Harry smile back.

He looked up at his mom. "So... I can do this again next year?" Cecily just shook her head, mirth swimming in her eyes.

Date: December 1, 1989 Age:10

They had made it up to Greece by the time another familiar face greeted them. Remus Lupin. The werewolf's eyes widened at the sight of Harry. Cecily immediately pushed her son behind her; Lupin's eyes narrowed and a low growl was heard as his eyes lit amber.

"Mitescere." She whispered, throwing the spell towards the wolf. It was instantaneous, he calmed down and looked at her confused.

"Who are you and what are you doing with Harry Potter?" He asked, trying to look around her at the little boy she had pressed against her back.

"I guess that answers my question on whether or not you remember me." She muttered, mostly to herself. Cecily straightened her back, looking at the wolf head on. "My name is Cecily Graemark and by all rights, Magic and Law, Hadrian Potter, now Hadrian Potter-Graemark is my son. You'd do best to remember that, Remus Lupin, Omega of the Greyback Clan."

Remus' eyes widened slightly at his title, before he dropped his head a little. "I remember you- Lily's Ravenclaw friend. I'm sorry for how I reacted, I was just surprised and worried for Harry's safety. My...Wolf still sees him as pack."

Cecily nodded. "That's expected. Your wolf won't just forget about pack. As for my son's safety, rest assured, I don't think anyone would want to take on the youngest Headmaster of the Unspeakables. No offense." she added, a little snootily. Remus' eye twitched.

Harry wiggled out from her arms, gripping her skirts tightly as he looked at the sandy-blond man. "You're a werewolf!" He said, excitedly. "Did Dad know?"

Remus was taken back. "Yes, he did." He smiled and crouched down to eye level with the boy. "In fact, your Dad and out group of friends learned how to be animagus for me, for when it was a full moon and kept me company all night."

"Animagus, that's when you focus your magic to turn into an animal right?" Harry asked, curiously.

"That's right." Remus replied, he looked up at Cecily for a moment, before continuing, "I bet you got that from your Mama, didn't you?"

Harry nodded. "She's the smartest person I know, even smarter than Uncle Severus." Remus' eyebrows shot up at that.

"Uncle Severus?"

Harry looked at him sheepishly. "I know you all didn't have a good past, but he's been very nice to me and I love him and he teaches me a lot when he comes to visit us."

Cecily looked thoroughly amused at them. "Severus joins us as we are travelling."

Remus furrowed his brows. "What of Dumbledore?" Cecily's demeanor changed instantaneously.

"If you are still with us tonight, I will tell you about all about Albus Dumbledore." Cecily said, spitting out the wizards name as if it were a curse. Remus looked up at her determined.

"If you'll have me, I will stay with you both until you ask me to leave."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True to his word, Remus stuck around- not that Cecily would send away one of Harry's only connection to his parents, that'd be cruel, too cruel, and she loved her boy too much to do that to him, so she let Remus stay with them.

He was, however, not at all happy to learn what Cecily knew of Albus and his plans for Harry. In fact, Cecily had to pay a decent amount of money to replace pillows that the werewolf had shredded, but Remus apologized and as very chastised by her, so she felt a bit better about the whole thing.

They were in India now, heading towards Nepal to visit with the wizard-turned-monks that lived with the Bhikku, and the Nepalese people to learn from them. Remus looked fairly grizzly-like, with a cleanish beard and longer hair that he pulled up and away from his face to see, when it started snowing in the mountains. Cecily looked in her element, her gray eyes sharp and matching the sky at times. Harry was like a curious puppy, running around- with safety charms on him of course- with hair trinkets tinkling and bright eyes wide with wonder. His magic- and Cecily was still amazed at the sheer rawness and strength of it- floating around him, making plants flourish and the ground melt at times.

"Your son is very spirited, Mage Grademark." An elder member commented, watching as Harry danced with some of the others in the clan. It was a festive night after all- the moon was full, the stars were out and no one had died recently in the clan.

"That he is." Cecily murmured, looking at her green eyed boy. She was worried-

"You are worried." The elder said, noddin*his head sagely, as if agreeing with her.

"All parents are worried about their children." The elder chuckled.

He tilted his head and regarded her. "Yes, but you are worried for a different reason. Worried about his magic, perchance? Or when he has to go to school? Fulfill his destiny?"

Cecily closed her eyes. "A seer." She opened them and looked at the elder sharply. "I'm worried about what is going to happen to him...."

"But?" The elder offered.

"But, I know that I will always do my best to help him." She looked at her son again. "I cannot protect him of things already set in stone, so I will help him instead. Offer him all that he needs to stay alive and happy. His magic is strong, it's wild and can be dangerous, so I'll teach him control. How to output it, so it doesn't build up. His schooling is of no problem, since I haven't stepped down from my job with the Ministry- I can come and visit him when I want to or when he needs me to. However, his destiny..... that is something I, myself cannot change, but..." and she looked very pointedly at her son. "He may be able to."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: July 31, 1990/ Harry's 11th Birthday

Dear Mr. Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

664 22 5
what if harry could change the past prevent the wars and change people's futures
12.2K 306 11
What if harry didn't go to the dursley What if he went to konoha What if he became a ninja What if he was the holder on not 1 but 2 kekkei genkai Wha...
385K 13.4K 50
After the war was over, and Voldemort died, all death eaters were captured and killed except for a few who escaped the country before they were found...
1.5K 36 2
The Dursleys are dead and Harry learns that he still has family, James and Lily were not his parents. Harry has a mysterious brother who ignores his...