The King's Harem

By LChristiani

The King's Harem is actively under construction!! If you happen to be reading it currently and things are mak... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Character Chart
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Playlist
Book 2

Chapter 8

101K 2.9K 630
By LChristiani

"I think it best you take a rest for a few days"

Madam Lorae was standing off to the side a long wooden paddle in her hand.

"A rest?"

"Time goes by quickly. We must elevate your training and I believe you should have a rest before we do that"

I did not like the idea of elevating my training, but I jumped at eh opportunity to gather my thoughts and practice.

When I told Grisha about my break, she urged me to visit my family in the city.

"Just until you collect your thoughts and feelings" she told me

I had not told her what transpired at the bath, but she noticed I was rather confused lately.

She immediately sent me along on a carriage the next morning and waved to me as I left the palace grounds. My family was not actually nobility. My father ran a shipping company and my mother a popular clothing store, all started with the family wealth my parents inherited. We are very well off and with money comes power. Somehow my father got into the old king's council and has been a trusted friend and adviser for years. Despite not being nobility, my family home is in a neighborhood called Turnell Lane. A lengthy stretch of road lined with large extravagant houses that housed the kingdoms most rich and powerful people, mostly nobles.

The carriage was slowly making its way down the cobblestone road. It was fairly quiet this time of day. Usually, nobles would be traipsing the street either shopping, eating, or causing havoc.

"We are here my lady" The driver called as he pulled up to the large gate that separates the road from my house.

"I will get out here Gregor thank you so much"

I quickly hoped from the carriage with Gregor's help and bounded through the gate. The roadway towards my house was by no means short. It was long and winding, but I often enjoyed taking the walk especially when the weather was nice.

Though I clearly have waited too long to visit. The walk proved fairly difficult as my breath became labored, and a cramp twisted in my abdomen.

It did not take me long to spot the front door to my house. One of the doors was left open and shouting could be heard coming from inside.

"Why me" I groaned loudly as I finally made it into the house and slammed the door.

The shouting stopped and then someone spoke.

"Who goes there?" the deep gruff voice of my father asked

"The spirit of this house" I called back rubbing my side to will away the cramp.

"Ally? What are you doing here?"

I rounded the corner and stopped in the doorway leading to the parlor. Now I knew what all the yelling was about. In the parlor sat my father, mother, and my four older brothers. Father and my brothers bumped heads more often than not sometimes.

"I see there is a family reunion no wonder there was so much shouting" I said as I plopped on the couch next to my mother. She pulled me into her arms, and I rested my head on her bosom as she gently stroked my hair.

"You still did not answer the question dear sister"

My eldest brother Honna was a charmer. Long black hair and pale grey eyes that clashed with is dark skin. Honna was popular amongst men and women, but the issue with Honna is that he is evil. I don't take the word evil lightly, but Honna definitely fits that description.

"Is it so wrong for me to want to spend time with my family?"

"Trouble in paradise?" My other brother Jaslyn asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know" I teased

Jaslyn has always had the biggest crush on the current king since I could remember. He so desperately wanted to be a part of the king's harem, but my father and the old king would not allow it. It would seem the king already had too many men in his harem, and he needed someone to give him children, thus I was suggested. Jaslyn could not have been more upset. It was rocky for us at first with him blaming me and such, but he finally got over it. I believe my father forcing him to court certain nobles' children helped with that.

Jaslyn is cute so that of course was no issue on that end. Petite, slender with a lovely face, Jaslyn had no shortage of suitors.

"Hm, I suppose I wouldn't call it trouble. I am just feeling a bit heavy at the moment" I answered snuggling further into my mother.

"Heavy? What is wrong sweetheart" My mother asked looking at me in concern.

"She is pregnant! See I told you! That king can't keep himself housed no matter who it is with!" Shanelle said his hazel eyes widening so large they looked like they would pop from his head.

I stuck my tongue out at him

Shanelle is the wise one. He spent most of his time in brothels and books. EH was an odd one.

"What is it Allayna?" Father said concerned

"I need you to not tell anyone this" I said staring seriously at all of them.

They all nodded now turning their undivided attention to me.

"I overheard the king say he needed to announce me as queen soon, like really soon. He even put me in classes, like those ones that soon to be queens take"

My father stared in shock before happiness covered his face.

"Oh, darling really?"

"This is great news! I knew this would happen. Oh, the things we must plan. Oh! Do you think we would have to move into the royal quarters? It would take a while to pack everything up so we should get started right away. When is your coronation?" My father rambled already pacing back and forth.

"He hasn't announced it yet, hell he hasn't even told me officially yet. " I tried

"Well, when will he announce it?" My father asked

"Probably at his father's birthday celebration next month"

Fallen had finally spoken, seemingly taking interest in this portion of the conversation. Fallen was one of few words, but when he did speak, he was usually right.

"That is right, the king's 70th birthday celebration" My father was grinning widely. One would have thought he was to be announced as the new king.

"Well, I am not sure " I mumbled

"What are you not sure about, honey?"

Mom was always the one that got be best. She was king, caring, soft, and sweet. She was everything we needed with a house filled with men.

"I am not sure I am mature enough" I admitted

"Nonsense!" My father yelled.

"You come from a long line of well-bred individuals. Who is better than you?"

"It is not about where you come from dad" I tried

"It is ALWAYS about where you come from" He interrupted

I sighed heavily; it was obvious I was not getting any help from him.

"Why don't you go upstairs and rest honey. I will have Alissa make you something to eat" My mother said, kissing me on the cheek.

I nodded and sulked off to my room. My room was just as I left it which made me quite happy. Although I liked my room at the palace, nothing compared to my room at home. It was the place I grew up and was so completely me. Painting supplies left haphazardly in one corner near the window. Paintings I had done over the years hung on the wall and stacked to the side. The windows though covered by a light curtain were visible and easily to let the light in.

This is my safe space. I could truly be myself here.

I laid on the large bed that sat off to the side of the room. The bed was the perfect feeling fo soft and fluffy.

I had just started to drift off when I heard a gently knocking at the door.

"Come in!" I yelled

My mother walked inside holding a small plate of what looked like some fresh baked bread.

"Alissa was already making something so we have them fresh"

She sat the plate down and settled next to me on the bed.

"Mama" I whined

"Yes darling?" 

"I'm scared" I admitted

She started to slowly and gently stroke my hair.

"Why are you scared?" 

"I am not ready to be queen. What if no one likes me? What if I mess up? I do not have the experience or intelligence to handle this" 

"Honey remember when your father revealed he convinced the king to put you in the harem" Mother asked

"Yes, he said he told the old king about me and he chose me for his son"

"Well yes, but it actually was not the old king that chose you" Mother revealed

"W-what do you mean?" I asked lifting my head to stare at her.

"There was a large pool of young women that King Ari was presented with. Him along with his harem decided on the woman to accept into the harem"

"Really?" I asked surprised

"Yes, they picked you because they liked what they saw. Despite how they may have treated you in the past, I believe there is time to make a change. They knew all about you before they made a decision. If they thought you would be a bad queen, they would have never chosen you, sweetheart, just know that" She said before rising from the bed.

"Think some things over, yes? You shouldn't hideout here for long. She said before leaving shutting the door gently behind her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

224K 6.7K 46
Imagine being awakened in the night and blindfolded then tied to your bed. Your body being ravaged in the dark by unseen hands and lips. Having your...
40K 2K 27
Distant descendant to the throne, Anevay was raised in a rural town where all she did was dream of life in the city, a life she knew she would never...
12.9K 187 8
Dominique - A hurricane tore this sweet southern girl from her family. She moved to California to escape the memories and forget the pain. It worked...
19.2K 475 49
Vampires are extremely sexual creatures. Agnes is about to turn 18. The time has come to find her mate. As The Vampire Princess, she needs to be mark...