The Day You Said Goodbye [COM...

By Countess_Shades

"I fell in love with the son of my dad's murderer." Born with a life she didn't wanted to take part of, Annas... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 24

79 10 0
By Countess_Shades

"True love does not have to be right because even in this aspect of life, nothing is perfect."
- The Day You Said Goodbye (2020)

THE DAY YOU SAID GOODBYE
(ZACHARIUS' CHAPTER)

It has been weeks when we met. I know it was such an irony that I still want to see her even if I pushed her off. Being the heiress of that empire, I know she's having a tight schedule so even if I wosh to see her now, I know she can't make it.

Louis barged inside my office and the look on his face was unbelievable. He looks ragged and tired as hell. "She's here, bro."

"Who?" I asked as my brow raised.

"Miss Heiltonn.." he answered. For a moment, my heart skipped beating and I felt a bursting excitement inside my heart.

"She came here to see me?" I smiled. "I knew it."

"I wasn't talking about Annastasia, Zach. Miss Hailey Heiltonn is here and she's claiming to be your fiance!" he emphasized the name of who the hell is he referring to and I got goosebumps all over my body.

"Where is she?" I asked while my eyes were shut.

"She already went back to the empire because she is on a rush. You should talk to her, Zach."

"Prepare the yatch and tell my men to abduct Miss Heiltonn," I ordered before leaving the office. I didn't wait for his answer because I have to move fast.

My mom have mentioned about her last week and I expected her to be here in Paris for proper introduction. At first, I was surprised because who the hell would expect that I'll be marrying Annastasia's cousin, right?

Louis sent me a text message which states the place where the yatch was placed. I have called an organizer for this urgent matter. I have atleast 3 hours to prepare the yatch so i must move quick.

Miss Hailey Heiltonn is said to be kind and understanding so I guess she can understand why I can't marry her. Anyway, we haven't known each other so she might agree to my proposition. Our company needs her so I thought maybe we can just be business partners than lovers.

Time flies so fast and it's already evening. Louis told me that Miss Heiltonn is already in the yatch. I just went for a walk since my heart was racing due to nervousness and I couldn't bear the heaviness inside so I went out to breathe.

When I entered the yatch, a girl in proper dress is sitting on the chair. On a second thought, she wasn't really sitting because she might be sleeping. I walk to see her direction so I could wake her up but I was so damn surprised to see Annastasia.

"Fuck!"

I suddenly called Louis, asking him why Anna was here. He said I ordered bringing her here. I was a total misunderstanding. The person I want to bring here was Hailey so we could talk about my proposal but they abduct the wrong Miss Heiltonn.

I saw her move a bit so I walked to think of how should I explain this to her. She can't knew that Hailey and I are getting married. I don't want them to fight because of me because I know this will affect her really bad.

I heard some steps from my back. She's here, I could feel it. "Don't worry, I won't hurt you."

"Why did you bring me here?" she asked as I look around to see the view.

I sighed, suddenly turning to look at her. "Fulfilling a promise," I replied while my eyes automatically shred tears.

She move to embrace me and the anger I felt last time faded as my longing was satisfied, finally. It was tight and I could feel how much she missed me.

"I missed you so much," she uttered between her sobs. "I'm so sorry."

I hushed her as I rub his back. "Don't worry about the past, Tash. I am here now and I will not step back this time. I missed you too."

After minutes of hugging, I brought her to the table where dinner was served. This mistake turned out to be a surprise date and I didn't regret a thing. Some violin music was played by someone from the deck and it makes every moment romantic.

That organizer thought it was a date too I must say because it was romantic and turned out to be an ideal wedding proposal. Louis might have thought wrong and it was my fault for not clarifying this thing but as I said, I am not regretting every single moment.

"How have you been?" I asked while chewing the medium rare steak that was served. "Does that empire burdens you?"

"No, I am enjoying working there. Actually, we're having an anniversary but it's hard to plan especially we were gunned the last time I ordered to open the gates," she answered.

"If you're tired, take some rest but if it really burdens you, let it go. You can hire people to work for it," I advised but she just game me a smile.

Suddenly, she drank her wine after releasing her utensils. "Let's not talk about work here. By the way, where have you been for so long?" she asked. "I was looking for you but before I could find you, I discovered something about my life."

"Just here and there, nothing special. I worked in my mom's company here and I actually enjoyed it. It makes me feel that I am a grown up man," I chuckled.

She look at me, directly in the eyes. "You've changed a lot."

"How?" I wondered while intently looking at her. "I know I became more handsome and delicious."

"Silly," she chucked. "What I meant is that you became this talkative and funny. It was a good change, I must say."

I smiled from ear to ear while focusing on the steak. "I made myself better... for you."

I heard no response so I look at her. She was in tears and she's smiling. I know what those tears mean, tears of joy.

"Can we continue our paused love story here in Paris, Tash," I started after standing. "I know that leaving you alone for a year is hurtful and I knew to myself that you were hurt more than I felt. I tried to forget you but I heart hinders me to throw all the things we shared in the past. I cannot imagine myself embracing another lady nor seeing you walking with another man. I thought I have forgotten my love for you but I realized, when I saw you again, that I never stopped loving you and I just ignored feeling it."

"Zach.."

"Annastasia Heiltonn, the girl I used to love, will you be my girl again?" I asked before kneeling in front of her. "I cannot offer a ring right now or anything. I just want to give you my promise and my heart."

Her tears bursted, so do I. "Zacharius Voyage, the only person I loved, you don't have to ask me again because I have always been your girl even when I said goodbye."

My heart jumped as the unbearable feeling of happiness covered my soul. I stood up and reached her face. We kissed, passionately and it makes us feel warm and happy. I wiped her tears off her face and embraced her as tight as I could so that she can feel that I won't let her go anymore.

My phone rang and that killed the moment. It was Louis and I'm dying to hit his face because of interrupting our time.

"I am very sorry, Zach. I thought you wanted to-"

I cut him from apologizing so he could feel at ease. "Thank you, Louis," I said before dropping the call.

"I think we should go back," Annastasia said while embracing herself.

I removed my coat so she won't feel the coldness of the blowing wind. She moved to the corner to see the beauty of Paris while we're riding the yatch. It was slowly moving but the wind was just strong as it blows her hair drastically.

I wrapped my hands around her waist while I am standing at her back. "I will miss you," I said.

She did not gave me an answer but I know, based on the way she hugged me back, she'll miss me too and that's what matters now. I could not express and explain how happy I am tonight. Only the fireflies that lightens the water could tell.

That night, everything was so fine and if that was just a dream, I would never want to wake up. Everything seems surreal even if it was already morning. I have been rolling over the bed but I really can't sleep. After what happened, my soul just want me to stay awake until we meet again.

I pull myself off the bed and roam around my house. It was plain and dark, maybe because I used to throw all my sorrow and pain in this place. I suddenly felt annoyed with the colors and the furnitures I have.

My feet headed me to the kitchen. I don't know but I wanted to have coffee even if it's already late. When I sat in the veranda, I saw the lights in the city. Paris is just beautiful and it comforts lone hearts. This place is everything you could wish to live at.

From the beautiful lighted city, the sun shone bright. It's already morning but I don't regret having a sleepless night because the beauty of Paris satisfied and charged me up.

Loud knocks bother my tranquil mood. When I opened the door, I saw my private investigator. He's currently under a mission because I tasked him to find who sent me the anonymous death threats.

"Any update?" I asked before asking him to get inside.

He nodded. "I have found out who is the culprit but there's one more thing that you must know."

"Have a sit," I said, offering him a seat. "Tell me what you have discovered."

"The anonymous messenger was your father, sir," he said and I was surprised.

"Why would my stepdad send those-"

"It wasn't your stepfather, sir. Mr. Manuel Voyage is alive and he's hiding with the rest of the Dagger Assasins."

I stopped him for a while because I am having trouble with his absorbing the things he just said. How can my father be alive when he was burnt alive when I was a kid... or he wasn't?

When he saw me came back to my senses, he resumed talking. "I have learned that your father killed someone before so he pretended to die by executing a fake death. Mr. Manuel is the leader of Dagger Assasins and they have been targetting a person. I am not certain to the target but I'll try to get more information."

"Why is he sending death threats to me?"

"Mr. Manuel Voyage wanted to re-establish his group and the only way to do that is to get back the company he built years ago," he answered.

I was in shock state after hearing that. Is he planning to kill me, but why? If he killed someone before, that means he's a criminal as branded by law. That means, my father is a murderer but why did he lied to us? He could have at least let us know that he's alive. He could have surrendered so we could fight for him.

"Another thing," he spoke to get my attention. "You shall not marry Miss Heiltonn."

"Why?"

"She was a bait so your father would come out. He would never want his company to get attached to Heiltonn's because he hated them so much," he answered.

I look at him seriously. "How did you get this information?"

He showed me his wrist and I saw a tattoo in there. It was similar to the tattoo I have on my wrist. What does that mean? "Like you, I am a member of his group so I could get these information easily. Don't worry, my loyalty lies to you."

"You said he hated the Heiltonn Family. Do you know the reason why? And how come Miss Heiltonn was a bait?" I asked.

"The person he killed was the founder of Heiltonn Empire, Mr. Manolo Lacoustes Heiltonn, but that was just a speculation. Though the evidences are leading to your father, they haven't proven it yet."

I didn't hear the words he said after telling me that my father killed Annastasia's father. My skin was covered woth goosebumps and my heart was filled with a different kind of bothering feeling. Of all the people, why would my dad kill her father?

Thoughts came into my mind, telling me that Annastasia would be really mad if she discover the truth. She might also hate me for being the son of his father's murderer. Was it also my fault if dad killed her father?

I suddenly asked her to go out because I am planning to tell her the truth. It's better if she'll knew it from me because I can't lose her anymore. Part of me was afraid because I am not sure if how she'll react and part of me keep telling me to keep it as a secret because we just went back together and that truth will hinder us from being together.

What should I do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 3.6K 97
Nineteen year old Sofia never had thought that her kindness was a bad thing. Always trying to help those in need and always doing it with a bright, b...
102 13 17
Destiny's alcoholic step father has been abusive to her for quite some time. She's learned to take care of her little sister, and make sure she's saf...
170K 18.9K 34
Meet Zarah,a 19 years old quiet nerdy girl who just got admitted into Bayero university kano to study medicine 😁 what happens when an encounter cha...
4.4M 101K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...