The Quiet Boy

By JaeSatan

Cover by: BriannaRRizz They never fail to find him. No matter where he hides. "Let's play." they cracked thei... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 12

15.5K 773 215
By JaeSatan

-

"You don't mind if we go to my house do you?" Jeongguk asked looking over at the boy who sat next to him.

"I don't." he shook his head.

"I'll have my mom make you some food when we get there." he smiled. "I know you're hungry."

Taehyung's cheeks became a light shade of pink in embarrassment. He was right, he is hungry.

-

The two cars soon came to a stop. One in the driveway and the other by the curb.

"Oh, look your mom is here, Gguk," Jimin said as Jin put the car in park. "Didn't you say she was going somewhere?"

"That's what she told me." The four got out of the car. "I guess she ended up not."

Taehyung looked at Jeongguk's house. In his opinion it was pretty.

It was a two-story house. It looked simple mixed with a bit of a modern style. The walls were colored a light grey and it had flowers in front of it.

They entered the house and instantly Taehyung was amazed, considering he's never seen the inside of anyone's house beside his. Everything was so neat.

"Mom, I'm home!" Jeongguk called out as he, along with the rest, put their backpacks down by the front door. They hung their sweaters up since it was warm in the house. Except for Taehyung. He kept his sweater and backpack on. "And the others are here!"

After that footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.

Taehyung stood behind the group to hide. He wasn't comfortable when it came to adults. Just being near them made him extremely nervous and having to talk to them was something hard for him to do.

The only adult he had ever talked to was his father and those were very small sentences which mostly consisted of apologies or begging.

"Hi boys." a woman said cheerfully with a smile on her face. She looked to be somewhere in her forties.

The other five males smiled and greeted her back.

"Are you guys hungry?" she walked into the kitchen.

Jeongguk turned around and noticed the other wasn't standing behind him like before. Looking past the others he noticed him standing a bit away from the group with his head down as he fidgeted with his fingers.

He squeezed in between Namjoon and Hoseok who seemed to be heading off towards the stairs. Probably to go to Jeongguk's room to play games along with the others, except Jin who went to help Jeongguk's mom cook.

"Tae, what's wrong?"

"Huh?" he looked up quickly. Jeongguk had surprised him a small bit. "N-nothing."

"Don't lie to me, Tae." his voice came off a bit stern. "Are you sure?"

Taehyung rapidly nodded his head in response.

"Okay. Make sure to tell if something is wrong."

Taehyung nodded again.

"Let's go meet my mom." he smiled and pulled Taehyung along with him towards the kitchen.

Meet his mom? He won't be able to talk. He's gonna embarrass himself. He can't do this but he also can't tell Jeongguk that he doesn't want to meet his mom. That would be rude. He's his friend and that's probably not something he should say.

"Mom," Jeongguk called.

"What is it, sweety?" she said as she went to grab a small rag for her hands.

"I want you to meet a new friend of mine."

Quickly she turned around to face the two boys. "Hello." she smiled. "What's your name?"

Taehyung breath caught in his throat. He has to speak or else he'll be considered rude and he didn't want Jeongguk's mother's first impression of him as the rude kid.

He opened his mouth slightly but nothing came out. He could feel the knot in his chest form and begin to tighten. He tried to bypass it and continue to greet himself.

"H-h-h-hel-hel-el-el-" he couldn't do it. The pain in his chest and everything else that slowly came along with it began to grow too much for him. He gripped Jeongguk's shirt and gave two tugs.

"H-hold on, mom," Jeongguk said and pulled Taehyung away from the kitchen into the living room.

He sat Taehyung down on the couch and he crouched down in front of him. "Relax, Tae," he told him. "Remember the trick?"

Taehyung quickly nodded.

"Come on then. In and out."

Taehyung closed his eyes and did what Jeongguk had told him to do. He did it a few times. Breathing in and out slowly.

"Better?" he asked as he wiped the tears that had spilled down Taehyung's cheeks.

He nodded once again.

"Is everything alright?" Ms. Jeon asked as she entered the living room.

"Yeah." Jeongguk stood up. "Everything's okay." he looked at his mom and saw that she had a bit of a worried looked mixed with an 'i want to talk to you' look.

Later. He mouthed.

She gave an uncertain look but sighed. With a single nod, she headed back into the kitchen.

"Let's go to my room with the other's and wait till the foods done." Jeongguk gave a sweet smile.

Taehyung nodded and stood up and the two began to walk upstairs to the other male's room.

The two entered the room and Taehyung was amazed. Jeongguk's room was bigger and so much nicer than his but it was pretty dark the light was off and there was a large window on the other side of the room. The curtain for it was down and a window on the slanted part of the roof and the curtain for that was also down.

Next to the door were two large cubby holes built into the wall and under them was a shelf. In one cubby hole was filled with color pencils, markers, pens, crayons, blank papers, papers with drawings and three sketchbooks. The cubby hole next to it had a red and gold mask. He had never seen something like that but it looked like a robot? Whatever it was it looked cool to him. On the shelf was full of books and under the shelf were two small square wooden boxes filled with jeans.

Next to those was a closet with a thin sliding door. It was full of shirts. In front of the small closet were a guitar and a round one person couch. A small white and brown carpet was placed under the couch. The carpet reminded him of a cow.

Straight across from that was a desk, which Yoongi was currently sitting at. He had a laptop opened and on in front of him along with a computer. Taehyung had no idea why he needed both but he was apparently using the two at the same time. His eyes rapidly switching between both screens and his hands typing and using the mouse on both.

Passed the desk to the left was a TV that hung on the wall. In front of that was Namjoon and Jimin who sat on two large pillows and behind them was Hoseok who sat on the bed. The three were playing a game and seemed to be somewhat yelling at each other but were laughing none the less.

-

Jeongguk's room

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 268 32
They thought they could pull me down but they couldn't. They thought they will have the last laugh but who is having the last laugh now
348K 11.6K 44
WARNING: i consider this to be my fetus writing lmao β™‘preview: "bro, you're in love." jeongguk didn't reply for a few seconds. love? i love him? sin...
38.1K 1.1K 17
ᯐ π’π€π•πˆππ† 𝐌𝐘 π‹πˆπ†π‡π“: 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 πŸ‘ ( π™·π™Ύπš† πšƒπ™Ύ πšƒπšπ™°π™Έπ™½ πšˆπ™Ύπš„πš π™³πšπ™°π™Άπ™Ύπ™½: πšƒπ™·π™΄ 𝙷𝙸𝙳𝙳𝙴𝙽 πš†π™Ύπšπ™»π™³ ) ─────────────────── ❝ 𝐖...
6.1K 69 18
olive and Robert are lifelong best-friends, however, what happens if things start to get rocky as jealousy and feelings get in between them? or two...