2| PROMISE β˜† BUCKY BARNES

By -nickrobinsons

𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐒𝐬𝐞 | ❝WHEN HAVE I EVER, BROKEN A PROMISE?❞ qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜† Someone once... More

PART ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
PART TWO
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
EPILOGUE

ONE

2.6K 97 72
By -nickrobinsons

❝IT'S ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

   IT ALWAYS SEEMS THAT EVERYONE'S IDEAL LIFE IS TO TRAVEL THE WORLD. Carmen Ripley and Theo Weaver just so happened to be two of the lucky ones able to travel. But for all the wrong reasons. When they travel they don't stay at five-star hotels or take travel tours, it doesn't seem like a vacation. Anywhere they go, they go together, even if it's simply to go get groceries. For Carmen seventy years of her life is Hydra based, meanwhile for Theo it's seventy-five. They may have escaped thirty-five years ago, but Hydra never stopped looking for Carmen and Theo. Well, that's what they think to keep them safe because if they stop that mindset that they're not safe, they're afraid Hydra will take action.

But not anymore.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Carmen Ripley asked while sitting in a chair they had brought into the bathroom. In front of her blocking the bathroom mirror is Theo Weaver with a large pair of scissors in her hand. At the sight of her best friend Carmen took a harsh and nervous swallow.

   Theo shrugged, "Yeah, sure, why not."

   Carmen couldn't help but scoff and raise her to cross her arms at Theo. "Well, that's definitely reassuring." She said while shifting uncomfortably in her seat.

"Hey, look at my hair!" Theo said while pointing at her now shoulder-length hair. It used to be very long but the two decided that a change would seem nice. Because today, Carmen and Theo are going DC for the first time in their life of traveling. But what makes this time different? Literally everything. The two are finally going to find a house and just live like normal human beings who aren't filled with a liquid that keeps them from aging and basically dying, but what's new?

   I can tell you exactly that. There's certainly another reason Carmen wants to go to DC, but she didn't tell Theo why. Because she knows if Theo knows Carmen's going back for Steve, she'd never let her. Simply because it's dangerous, and Carmen knows it is. But when she first heard that Steve was alive still, it took everything in Carmen not to run back to New York and tell him that she's there and they're together. But she couldn't. Hydra is always going to try and get Carmen and Theo back, but of course, there's also that Hydra is always going to try and get Steve.

   So they stayed traveling country to country, and state to state. And it isn't until now that the two best friends have decided it's time for a change which includes; new haircuts, a new state they've never been too, and a new life of settling down. Of course also awhile ago Carmen heard a rumor that Steve currently lives in DC. So she chose there in hopes to 'accidentally' run into Steve Rogers; one of her boys - no - scratch that, because Carmen chose to forget them so the pain would ease that they're 'dead' and she's here. So with that in mind, she chose there in hopes to 'accidentally' run into Steve Rogers; one of her old friends who she no longer knows.

Carmen took a deep breath, "let's just get it over with before I regret letting you do this," and with that Carmen closed her eyes tight. She felt some of her hair move to the front of her head, intwined in Theo's fingers. She began to twist Carmen's hair in her fingers and into a tight curl, and then pressing it to Carmen's head. She proceeded to bring the scissors in her right hand to Carmen's hair, and when Carmen heard the snip, she knew the deed is done.

The sound of Theo not gasping or saying 'oops' really, really, really, pleased Carmen. "Wow! It actually looks great! Look!" She heard her best friend move behind the chair and Carmen opened her eyes. Upon looking at herself in the mirror, Carmen did smile at her appearance. The simple straight hair with a middle part had now left and is replaced with straight bangs. Theo proceeded to run her fingers and play with Carmens bangs. "With some cute styling, it'll actually look really nice."

Carmen simply gave a smile and examined her. If someone asked to give her bangs years ago she would've laughed in their face with a no. Quite honestly she still would, but what makes this entirely different is Theo. A part of it is definitely because the two - bisexual - girls dated for a year after escaping Hydra. The only reason they broke up is because it didn't feel right. Their love was certainly not a soulmate love, but definitely a best friend love. So they broke it off with no hard feelings, and laugh about it still. A part of the reason they think they also dated is because they were finally free. But all their relationship did was confirm they are both in fact, bisexual.

Carmen simply nodded in agreement and ran her left hand over the bangs. She didn't know why tears brimmed her eyes, but Theo did. Because despite pretending to be this goofy girl who's never serious, it is actually super smart. Truthfully, she only knows why tears are at Carmen's eyes because she feels the same way. They aren't sad tears technically - well, maybe - they're more half and half. The sad part comes from the fact that this is a confirmation that they're truly moving on from the past and need to pretend nothing happened. The happy part is pretty ironic because it comes from the fact that they finally do get to move on. Who would have thought something as simple as a haircut, would feel like the biggest change?

Especially when the two have no clue, they aren't moving on from the past, in an odd way, the past is coming back.

Carmen took a harsh smile and blinked away the tears that had yet to fall, a smile now plastered onto her face. "It's absolutely perfect." She paused to stand from the seat and look at her best friend, "well we should get going shouldn't we?" Theo nodded and the duo left the bathroom and went to grab their luggage. Carmen's right hand rolled her suitcase, and Theo's left hand rolled her's as well, as for their hands in the middle, the two held hands in a reassuring way that now they're getting their justice. But that was not the only thought captivating Carmen's mind. Earlier when saying it's perfect, she didn't just mean the bangs. And perhaps if you have been here for the whole ride you know exactly what - no - who is in her mind; Steve.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

Washington D.C. was certainly different than what Theo and Carmen expected. They had imagined walking into the state and have American flags and America pride shoved in their faces. This is why at first Carmen' was not surprised Steve is here. But now, standing in her new house and looking out the window, she sees she's very far from right. "Hey, should we start furniture planning today? Or do you want to wait?" Carmen called out, asking her friend who currently sprawled out on their empty carpet, making 'carpet angels.'

   "Carmen all you wanna do is keep busy, all the time. Can't you just sit for a second and make carpet angels with me?" Theo asked, watching out of the corner of her eyes as Carmen came over. When she did she hovered over the girl with her hands on her hips. "It's so soooooft." She exclaimed, dragging out the 'o' sound.

   "I have a better idea," Carmen told her and walking away to rummage through her suitcase.

   Theo groaned and rolled her eyes, "I don't want to unpack. We don't exactly own much from being on the run. It'll take me like thirty minutes to unpack."

   Carmen let out a chuckle, pulling out her phone and a Bluetooth speaker. "Not quite what I had in mind." She proceeded to walk to the kitchen island and plug the Bluetooth speaker in and connect her phone to it. Not even a minute later, Justin Bieber's 'My World 2.0' came on at full blast. Carmen heard Theo gasp and jump up as the first song 'Baby' came on.

   With a laugh, Carmen jumped on the kitchen counter and began to pretend she was having a concert while yelling out the first few lines. "You know you love me, I know you care. Just shout whenever, and I'll be there. You want my love, you want my heart. And we will never, ever, ever, be apart."

   Theo followed by jumping on the island and singing the next lines. She also proceeded to pretend to have a concert while yelling. "Are we an item? Girl quit playin'. We're just friends,' what are you sayin'? Said, 'there's another' and look right in my eyes. My first love broke my heart for the first time."

   As the beat dropped the two girls jumped down and began to run and dance around their empty house, literally screaming the words in sync. "And I was like, baby, baby, baby, OH. Like baby, baby, baby, NO. Thought you'd always be mine!" Theo quickly grabbed a hairbrush and pretended it was a microphone and jumped on the island again, while Carmen jumped up and down on the tile as her hair flared in different directions. "Baby, baby, baby, OH. Like, baby, baby, baby, NO. Like baby, baby, baby, OH. Thought you'd always be mine!"

   The song continued to blast as the girls danced and ran around their new home. But it soon ended when Ludacris' part came on. Carmen took the hairbrush and now she pretended it was a microphone, and Theo stayed on the tile, pretending to be the audience while pumping her arm up and down. "When I was thirteen I had my first love. There was nobody that compared to my baby and nobody came between us or could ever come above! She had me goin' crazy! Oh, I was starstruck. She woke me up daily! Don't need no Starbucks. She made my heart pound, and skip a beat when I see her in the street. And that's cool on the playground, but I really wanna see her on a weekend. She knows she's got me dazing 'cause she was so amazing, and now my heart is breaking but I just keep on sayin'..." And with that, the two continue to dance around and just starting their new life off right, before it goes absolutely wrong.

But nonetheless, the song ended and the start of 'Somebody To Love' began to play. And Carmen continued to let it play but she stopped out of breathe and turned the volume down a bit. "Well," she began while catching her breath. "You can stay here but I'm gonna at least buy us some mattresses so we don't have to sleep on the carpet, despite how comfy you say it is," Carmen explained while taking her phone off of the Bluetooth, and disconnecting Justin Bieber.

   Theo smiled and hugged her best friend bye, "be safe!" She called out as Carmen left the house. She proceeded to rummage through her back-pocket while looking at the sidewalk, making a mental note to look for a car soon. But as she did so, about ten minutes into her walk Carmen bumped into someone. Carmen was taken back as the person dropped all their belongings. "Wow, I'm so sorry! I was so distracted, I'm so sorry. I can't apologize enough." She stated while bending down with the person to help gather their belongings.

   When looking up Carmen saw a brunette girl as well, her hair was in a black baseball hat, and as Carmen looked down again she realized how many suspicious things had been dropped. She chose to ignore it but putting a cautious wall up. As for the lady, she took it as the time to make a friendly introduction. "No need to apologize. I wasn't looking either, I was just on my way somewhere."

   Carmen chuckled awkwardly, "guess we're both in a rush." Once the belongings were all gathered the two stood up and smiled at each other.

   "Yeah, I was off to a, uh, meeting?" She said in more of a question. "Yeah, meeting." She paused again and put a handout, "I'm Maria Hill." She smiled.

Carmen shook her hand and smiled back, "Carmen Ripley."

Maria's whole face changed, "Carmen Ripley?!" She asked shocked and Carmen nodded. Maria let out a chuckle, "by any chance did you personally know Steven Rogers?" And after that question, Carmen's whole face changed as well.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

TOTAL WORDS: 2128
NOT INCLUDING AUTHORS NOTE
EDITED: BUT IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

EEK THIS IS REALLY MESSY BUT I FELT LIKE I HAD TO UPDATE WHICH IS ALSO WHY IT'S NOT EDITED BUT WILL BE LATER TODAY! SO PLEASE EXCUSE ANY SPELLING ERRORS OR OTHER MISTAKES SEEING AS I WROTE ALL OF THIS ON MY PHONE.

ANYWAYS THIS IS ALSO SUPER BORING ALREADY! LOVE THAT!

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!

MELANIE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Collide By Marie

Fanfiction

8.2K 443 53
She hated him with everything she had. He had betrayed her, and in doing so, she was stripped of her title, and banished to another realm. She had s...
459K 12.5K 21
[Book 1] There once was an innocent little girl who had everything she could ever ask for. But one day it was all taken away from her. She lives in...
96.9K 1.9K 35
"One of the few things I learned in my life was that death always comes. Senescence, illness or... murder, death is always the end every single one o...
338K 8.9K 30
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS!! If you haven't seen Age of Ultron, well this contains Spoilers! I'm not human, I'm not an experiment. I'm a mutant, a m...