A Future War ~ Future Au Tom...

By Fangirl-9-1-1

Tom wakes up in a strange room unable to move and with no memory. Waking up in this confused haze surrounded... More

Chapter One: The Awakening
Chapter Two: New People and Places
Chapter Three: Awkward Situations
Chapter Four: How to Make a Soldier
Chapter Five: Bacon
Chapter Six: The Climb
Chapter Seven: The Uninvited Guest
Chapter Eight: Alcohol and Monsters
Chapter Nine: Fiction or Reality
Chapter Ten: A Colorful War
Chapter Eleven: Paintball With Real Guns
Chapter Twelve: Enemies and Regrets
Chapter Thirteen: Inner Demons
Chapter Fourteen: Taming the Beast
Chapter Fifteen: Tom's Always Drunk
Chapter Sixteen: Dangerous Sleep Walking
Chapter Seventeen: Just Like Old Times
Chapter Eighteen: Past Mistakes
Chapter Nineteen: Danger and Destruction
Chapter Twenty: So Much Alcohol
Chapter Twenty One: Hangovers Hurt
Chapter Twenty Two: Paperwork is Stressful
Chapter Twenty Three: Things to Forget and a Night to Remember
Chapter Twenty Four: What is Tord Planning?
Chapter Twenty Five: Playing Dirty
Chapter Twenty Seven: The Night of A Full Moon
Chapter Twenty Eight: Don't Mess With Tord
Chapter Twenty Nine: Familiar Beginnings
Chapter Thirty: Protect What You Love
Chapter Thirty One: The End For Now
Chapter Thirty Two: Epilogue
Q&A To Wrap Things Up

Chapter Twenty Six: All of the Fluff

1K 34 67
By Fangirl-9-1-1

Tom's POV:

After declaring his victory, Tord got off me looking as smug as ever. I think it is safe to say, though, that this is one of the first and probably only losses I enjoyed as much as I did.

"C'mon, let's get outta here." He smiles, pointing behind him into the maze of black and neon walls.

"Which way is out?" I ask honestly, not knowing. His smile fades as he comes to an obvious realization that I could tell by the look on his face.

He had no idea.

"Uhhh..."

"You don't know. How do you not know how to get out of something built by your army, Mr. advanced technology?"

"Like I said, Paul and Pat built it for me. I don't know the layout at all, really, besides the little bit I saw while playing with you." He shrugged. "Hmm.." He hummed, trying to work that big brain of his. He seemed to be deep in contemplation about something. Suddenly, he turns away from me and pulls something out of his pocket.

Then my visor goes black.

"T-Tord?" I put my arms out, feeling around for something to stabilize myself with, with the sudden lack of vision.

"Eh? Oh, yeah, uh, one sec Witness."

"Y'know it would be nice if you warn me before doing these things, whatever it is you do when this happens..." I grumble, finally finding a shorter wall to lean against.

"I could... But this is more fun though," Tord mocks. I can practically hear his grin in his voice.

"What are you doing anyways? How much can, whatever that device is, control? What does it do? Why does it have so much control over my visor?" A lot of the questions I have built up over a while begin to spill out all at once. I knew, though I probably wouldn't get all the answers I was looking for.

I was right, too, because all I heard was Tord chuckle.

"All in good time, my dear Thomas."

"What is that supposed to mean?!?!"

Tomster begins to laugh at me in my head.

"Hey, I don't need your sass right now..." I think to him, careful not to react at all in a way Tord could tell.

I didn't say anything... He laughs even more.

"Once your vision comes back... It may take a second to readjust..."

"Wha-" My visor hums quietly as it comes back on. At first, I had no idea what he meant. The world before me appeared again, and everything was clear and normal until I'm guessing whatever new features Tord was messing with kicked in. My visor began to glitch a bit, zooming in and out, turning everything different shades of blue and then going back to normal. "What did you do?!" I finally finish asking. relocating the wall to keep me stable as my vision twisted and shifted before me.

"Okay, Tom, calm down and focus, okay? Close your... uh... eyes? and face towards the wall next to me." Wanting things to go back to normal, I comply and do as I was told. "It may sound dumb but now open your eyes and focus on the wall and what is on it."

He was right. It did sound dumb, but I still didn't argue. I open my digital eyes and focus on the wall before me. Like all the other ones in this darn maze, it was black and outlined in orange neon paint with splashes of other neon paints on it.

"Okay... now, focus on what is behind the wall."

"What do you mean behind the wall? How do I know what is behind the wall?"

"You ask a lot of questions, just do it, and you will see." He finishes.

Once more, I did what I was told. I tried to pretend that I could see through it and somehow know what was behind it. I must have a better imagination than I thought because I feel like I could actually see the walls behind it and.. Tord? Standing behind the wall? Then, looking around, I realized it wasn't my imagination. He was actually behind the wall... and I could see him?

My vision returns to normal, and Tord peaks back around the corner. He looked like he was sitting on the edge of his seat, excited even.

"So?" He finally speaks up. I could tell the wait was killing him.

"I can see through walls now?"

"Not only that but most materials and items. It's one of the features of the visor we had yet to test out." He states proudly. "And I don't blame you if it's not only walls you want to look through~"

I roll my digital eyes at his comment.

"No, that would be what you would do with this."

"I mean, I am quite handsome and good-looking."

"And full of yourself," I chime in.

"Okay, fine, whatever. I get it." He chuckles. "Now, with your new powers, where is out?"

I focus once more on the walls around me. Imagining that I can see through them, like they are transparent. Slowly, everything becomes different shades of blue, adding depth and allowing me to see through almost all the walls in the room. I try to limit it just to the borders of the room so I can still find the door.

"I can see why you turned off the extra abilities on my visor now before starting the game." I laugh. It would have been too easy to win. Then again, what are all of these abilities for? How many more are there?

"Yeah, it would have been a little unfair, to say the least." He jokes. I finally spot the door, and Tord trails close behind me as I lead.

"A little bit? What all does that device of yours do anyway? I mean, you probably expected that I was going to ask again, right?" He didn't respond right away, and even though I wasn't looking at him, I could hear his slight hesitation.

"It helps me monitor the programs in your visor to make sure they are functioning properly so you can see. It also helps me implement all the extra features you can be trained in over time." I'm guessing it is the same programs him and Patryck discussed when I first woke up.

"Why aren't all these "features" already working in my visor?"

"It would be a lot to take in all at once, and it is a lot of training to get used to it all. It would have been hard to get used to when you woke up with amnesia." I nod trying to understand, but I couldn't help the feeling Tomster described, of something feeling... off...

"Ta da..." I announce unenthusiastically as we finally find the exit.

"And here I thought you were going to mess with me and get us more lost on purpose," Tord teases.

"And why would I do that?"

"To spend more time with someone as great as myself." Tord places a hand on his chest and strikes one of his most dramatic poses possible. It was hard not to just laugh at him.

"Oh, listen to you." I roll my eyes again, placing my vest and gun back on the hook. I swear, I was going to break my visor just from how much I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh, come on, you know you love me."

"Uh huh, okay."

I suddenly look up, and he is close.

"I think for helping us out of there... you should get a reward." He smirks only inches from my face. Okay, Tord, I'll play your games.

"And what would that be? But I mean, you were the one who won the game after all." I could tell Tord enjoyed the teasing. He was intrigued. We both wanted what came next.

"Then I'll claim my prize." He reached up, grabbing the strings of my hoodie and pulling me down slightly until our lips met once more. Unlike last time, this kiss started tender and sweet. Not sudden and intense. This one had a slow escalation and was meaningful and loving.

My chest exploded with passion and desire. My hands snaked their way around his lower back, pulling him closer. His hand that wasn't gripping my hoodie strings found its way into my hair. Every touch, tug, and pull just felt so good. Our lips moved in sync, claiming each other.

His hand gripped my hair, pulling ever so slightly, causing me to let out a small moan. I felt his smile grow in between our kisses. Obviously, he was quite prideful in the reactions he was able to get out of me. I was enjoying every second of it, wanting it to last forever. Then suddenly, he stopped.

He pulled back, letting his arms hang loosely around my neck. He looked deep into my digital eyes with a look of love and confidence that sent shivers down my spine.

"We gotta save some for later tonight, hm~? He looks at me lustfully. My face heated up at what he was implying, and I loved it.

And God did I love him.

Tord's POV:

Despite the dark purple lights that casted odd shadows across his face, I could still see the pink that dusted Tom's cheeks at my sly remark.

"You're such a tease," Tom states. I'm not sure where it came from, but it was obvious he has a sudden moment of confidence from somewhere.

His arms are still around me, and he pushes me back with him to the nearest wall. He loomed over me slightly with the couple inches he had on my height, but it was enough for him to still be obviously only a little taller. He leaned down, his lips on mine once more. It was a desire that burned like a warm fire. Tom usually wasn't the dominant type, but when he got like this, I'm not gonna lie it does turn me on.

I pulled him closer, allowing him to enjoy the moment and wanting it to last myself. At this point, my body was completely pressed up between the wall and him. Tom took advantage of his arms being wrapped around my waist already as one of his hands slid under the edge of my hoodie. His warmth wrapped along the side of my upper hip. I gasped at the sudden touch that sent sparks through my skin, and he once more, took advantage of that too. None of it was lustful or rushed. It was loving and warm, and in a way, it made me feel guilty.

What if this was just a side effect of my control? As if just another stab to my heart, Tom had to pause briefly to utter four dangerous words that sent me over the edge.

"Tord... I love you."

"I love you too."

I did. This is why I did all this in the first place. Why I have done everything I have ever done, really. And it drove me insane.

I think it was safe to say we both lost ourselves in the very thorough make-out session that proceeded.

*One intense kissing session later*

The two of us stumble out of the arena, very disheveled and pumped full of adrenaline. I look over to Tom. His hair is a wild mess on top of his head. It somehow was still standing straight up, but it was just more messy than usual. I didn't care, though, he was just so cute, especially like this. I think he noticed me staring because the pink has quickly returned to his cheeks again.

I smile reassuringly to him and take his hand in mine. He shyly returned the smile in such a way that melted my heart.

"Shall we go? I think we have had our fun here for the night."

He nods in response, and we make our way to the door, hand in hand into the night. I was surprised to find that it was already quite dark outside. It was slightly chilly, but not to a point of discomfort. It was a clear night out. Not a single cloud in the sky with a full moon shining bright above. If not for the few remaining city lights, I'd imagine there would be a full sky of stars.

We approach the car and depart to our own sides to pile in. I slide into the seat and put the key in the ignition. I wait until Tom shuts his door, and then I start the car. Or at least, I would have if the car started. The engine roars to life for about two seconds, the headlights casting bright beams on the side of the arcade until it makes a choking sound and it turns off again.

"Eh... heheh... What a mess, uh..." I stutter attempting to get the car to work again. Each time I turn the key, it just keeps repeating the same choking sound as before. I look over to Tom, who is glaring with an eyebrow raised.

"I think I found your issue." Tom states pointing to the meters on the dashboard. We were out of gas. "Tord, are you serious? You didn't check to make sure the truck had gas before we left?"

Obviously, I didn't. I told Patryck to make sure everything was ready, and I thought that meant gas too. Apparently, he did not receive that message.

I get out of the car and try to think of what to do. It would take forever to get back to the base by foot, and we are on the edge of town, so the nearest gas station is an eternity away. Even if we were to find one, who would even know if it works.

"Oh, I could call -" I stop cutting myself off. "I left my radio in my military jacket. The only other one is hooked up to the truck, but since it won't run...." At this point, I begin to pace.

I think Tom could sense my growing anxiety because at this point, he was out of the truck and trying to calm me down.

"Hey Tord, look um... It's gonna be okay. We will just, uh..." He trails off. I think we were both at a loss of what to do. It probably wouldn't be so bad if it weren't getting so late... Late. Time. How did I use to get around all the time when I lived with Tom, Edd, and Matt? Quickly, I turn to Tom, formulating a plan and praying it's not too late.

"Tom, what time is it?"

"Huh? Oh, uh, almost 9:30 PM. Not that it matters all that much... I mean, if we start walking now..."

"No, not walk. Run!" I grab his arm and, without warning, pull him behind me as I sprint into the nearby woods. I hear him make a startled sound as he realizes what happens with a bit of resistance as he tries to regain his composure and not fall, but after a few seconds he is easily keeping up next to me. I just hope that we aren't too late.

"We are going to run all the way back to the base?!?!" He yells above the rushing wind as we run through the trees and over rocks.

"No! Only to the train!" I grin. The adrenaline in my veins felt amazing. I couldn't tell if my heart was racing because of the run or Tom. Either way, I loved it. I felt it in my hands as I held his tight, smiling ear to ear like a mad man.

I look back to Tom, who was also grinning. He seemed slightly confused, but it was like he didn't care. Maybe he is just used to it with me. We grow closer to the train tracks, and out of my limited peripheral vision, I see the train approaching fast. Very fast. I can feel Tom slow down behind me ever so slightly as he probably begins to process my plan.

"Tord, we are not jumping on that train!" He yells over the train horn that blares in the near distance as if to confirm my plan. I ignore him and keep running.

"I used to do this all the time! We'll be fine!"

"And how long ago was that?!"

He had a point. Unfortunately, the point was made a little too late. We were already only a few feet from the track, our window to jump about to close.

"Ready?"

Tom semi nervously nods beside me, but I could tell the adrenaline and excitement were still there. He was more like me than he knew. He loved the rush just as much as I did. Before we knew it, we were in the air, each of us grabbing on to the other side of the door of the open cargo section of the train. Tom gets in with ease, rolling slightly and using the wall to gracefully land safely. I, on the other hand, well... not so much. I was a little too slow, and the side of the train door hit my robot arm. Thankfully, it didn't break it, but it did manage to knock it loose. Of course, with the slight impact, though, it threw off my balance and sent me tumbling to the floor.

"Ow... Jaevla helvete..." I mutter, trying to sit up. I was fine, but it hurt like hell.

"Tord, are you okay?" Tom rushes to my side, obviously concerned.

"Heh... I used to do that all the time. I must be getting old. Then again, that was when I had all my limbs ." I chuckle, trying to laugh off the fire in my shoulders and knees. It wasn't too bad, I mean, I've been through worse. Obviously. I used to use this train all the time to sneak off to the base whenever I could. It was hard not to raise suspicion with how long I was often gone, especially because I know it concerned Edd the most.

I prop myself up against the wall to asses the situation with my arm. From the feel of it, one of the clips came out, but it was in a way that I wouldn't be able to do myself.

"Tord. You're in your 20s. You're not old at all. Usually, aren't I the one who is the clumsy one anyway?"

"Eh, you got me." I shrug awkwardly with one of my shoulders, feeling off due to the harness that needed to be fixed.

"What happened to your arm anyways? If you don't mind me asking." Tom inquires, claiming a spot on the wall next to me.

Images of that horrible day suddenly fill my head. The feeling as I soared above the world in my robot to the dread, anger, and pain that consumed me afterward. I was so close to having it all... I could have been so much farther by now...

"Tord?" Tom looked concerned. Great, now I'm spacing out, too.

"Eh? Oh. Hey, can you help me re adjust the harness to my arm? I think a pin came loose that I can't fix myself, and it's in a way that I can't take it off to fix it either."

"Oh, uh, sure."

I slide off my hoodie and face away from Tom so he can work on the straps on my back. For some reason, he hesitates before I eventually feel his hands working on the metallic pieces. His movements were precise, but I could tell his hands were shaking a little.

"Uh... There. I think?" He announces, but I can feel his fingers linger a moment extra. Each touch drove me wild.

I awkwardly got myself to my feet, rolling my shoulder to test it out. Everything seemed in place.

"Thanks," I turn, grinning to Tom, who is still on the ground on his knees. He just stared in response. "Tom?"

"Oh, uh- Y-you're welcome! No problem, uh..." He stammered while turning away, his cheeks turning pink. "Here's your hoodie..." He held it out to me, still avoiding looking at me.

I chuckle and take it, slipping it on over my head. When he is sure it is on, Tom finally looks at me again.

"It's not like I was naked, geez~" I chuckle.

"No, uh.. it wasn't..." He was struggling even more with words now, each studder making his face a deeper red.

"But you know if you wanted... I wouldn't blame you. All you would have to do is ask~"

"TORD!"

"I was kidding." I full out laugh. God, he was so cute. I look out the opening of the boxcar to realize we are reaching my favorite spot. I walk over and take a seat, letting my legs dangle over the edge. "Come join me, Tom. I promise you'll love it."

"That scares me."

"You don't trust me?" I pouted, of course over dramatizing it and seemingly hurt, but to a point, it was obvious I wasn't.

"What is It that I will enjoy?" He walks over but stays standing, obviously hesitating to sit. "Do you want to lose another limb?" He gestures to my legs hanging out of the train, dangling above all the plants and nature we pass as we go through the woods.

"Okay, Mom. Just sit down already, yeah?" He quickly obeyed and just in time, too. Eventually, the forest around us began to thin out, and the ground that used to stretch out far beyond us became close. Before we knew it, we were looking out from the side of a cliff as the train drove along side it. Close enough to be nervous but far enough from the edge to be safe. It has been years since I saw this view, but it was still breathtaking.

Beyond the cliff there were trees that went on as far as the eye can see, and being far enough away from the lit up city, the stars were as bright and visible as ever, littering the sky with a practical light show.

The view reminded me of why I started all this. I want it. I want it all. Moments like these and things like this at my fingertips whenever I wanted with who I wanted. Part of me always knew it would be Thomas. I wanted things like this for him, too. To rule the world with him by my side.

Looking over at Tom, he is in complete awe. The stars twinkled brightly in a reflection on his visor, making it seem like they were in him. He always secretly adored the sky. It was like him with his music, you could just see the passion over whelm him. It wasn't like I didn't see that twinkle in him anyway.

"Like the view?"

He turns to me, looking shocked like he didn't expect me to be there. His green digital eyes were wide and glowed dimly in the darkness. It was like he was trying to take it in all at once. Everything. Just like what I want. Everything.

"It's... amazing." He turns back to the scene set up in front of him, not wanting to take his eyes off it for even a minute. Suddenly, the train once more drives through a short patch more of forest for a few minutes. We sit there in silence for a bit until I silently get up and turn away, knowing what would come next.

If I stayed sitting, I would have to face my past. It would open up to a clear view once more, but this time of a small city, littered with houses. Most of which now are empty, and two near the center that you could see are clearly destroyed. I think that is really why I never took this train again. It was beautiful but also a painful reminder. I guess they were right when they said pain is beauty.

I hear Tom make a small gasp, most likely as my fears are displayed before him. He wouldn't know, though. And it's better that way.

"We should be only a few minutes from the base now, so we should prepare to... Tom?" Looking back over to him, he is no longer in the doorway of the train car. He was now curled up in a ball in the corner of the train car, hiding his face in his knees. As I got closer, I could hear him faintly mumbling to himself, though I couldn't make out what he said.

"Tom?" I kneel next to him. He still doesn't look up. "Hey... uh.." I've never been the best at comfort, plus I don't even know what happened. "Tom, it's okay..." I place a hand on his back, and he shoots up instantly. He wasn't crying, but I know he would probably be if he could.

He looked at me with a look I can only describe as pure desperation.

"Tord... What was that city we just saw?"

Crap. Was something set off when he saw the houses? Does he remember anything? I need to keep my cool just in case it isn't anything. Then again, by his reaction, I don't think it's nothing.

"Just some houses for a nearby city... Why do you ask Thomas?"

"I... don't know. I just saw the city and the destroyed buildings...

...I think I was shot by a rocket there."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 632 21
Tord had recently blown up tom, Edd and Matts house.. a house he used to live in. Patryk and paul are worried and they go to Toms apartment to ask hi...
40.9K 705 26
FFS STOP READING THIS IT SUCKS SEVERELY- ---- It's been 4 years after the whole robot thing and Tom is feeling worse then ever. He killed a man, a m...
5.1K 185 29
ok so this is a tomtord story and basically its after the end and when tord got back to the red base he took a nap and well got memory loss so yee wh...
129K 3.7K 56
Tom was kidnapped, separated from edd and Matt and took in by tord himself. He was forced to join the army and he found himself getting used to it...