My Wreckage: Camp Nanowrimo (...

By DEAdams717

Troy Walker has lived on Trenton Island all of his life. He has seen many things on his little slice of parad... More

Prologue: Our Good-bye (Troy)
Chapter 1: The First Time I Met Her (Troy)
Chapter 2: This Morning (Troy)
Chapter 3: My 1st Day Of Work (Scarlett)
Chapter 4: Our 1st Connection (Scarlett)
Chapter 5: My 1st Gift to Him (Scarlett)
Chapter 6: The Day I Came Back (Scarlett)
Chapter 7: First Catch (Troy)
Chapter 9: The Fourth Of July (Troy)
Chapter 10: Called Out (For Liking Her) (Troy)
Chapter 11: My Night As Santa (Troy)
Chapter 12: My 18th Birthday (Scarlett)
Chapter 13: My 1st Drunken Night (Scarlett)
Chapter 14:Love Vs.Troy (Troy)
Chapter 15: I Wish I Had A River (To Fall Through) (Troy)
Chapter 16: What I Shouldn't Have Said (Troy)
Chapter 17: His Shining Moment (Scarlett)
Chapter 18: Another Day Off (Scarlett)
Chapter 19: The Night I Faced The Truth (Scarlett)
Chapter 20: The Cove (Scarlett)
Chapter 21: The Night I Fell (Troy)
Chapter 22: When She Confronted Me (Troy)
Chapter 23: When Things Changed (Scarlett)
Chapter 24: When The Truth Broke Me (Troy)
Chapter 25: Where I Found Myself (Scarlett)
Chapter 26: When I Finally Said It (Troy)
Chapter 27: The Last Night (Scarlett)
Chapter 28: The Night I Surrendered (Troy)
Chapter 29: When I Lost Everything (Troy)
Chapter 30: When The Stars Were In My Reach (Troy)
Chapter 31: When He Told Me Everything (Scarlett)
Chapter 32: When I Met My Princess (Troy)
Chapter 33: Our 1st Christmas (Scarlett)
Chapter 34: My Forever (Troy)

Chapter 8: Her 1st Date (Troy)

171 13 0
By DEAdams717

Troy

I wasn't surprised. I guess I was surprised it hadn't happened sooner. Somehow I felt like I was to blame, but I couldn't help that we gravitated toward each other. I knew it kept her from being, a normal teenage girl.

Brandon I saw coming. I don't even thought she noticed he was coming to the restaurant for and more, even when Zeke wasn't there, always in her section. That was how I would have done it. I knew it was a matter of time before Marcus asked. She told me on on the boat, and I wasn't even mad. I wanted to laugh.

"I've never been asked out before." She said.

That was a shocker. I looked at her, her big gorgeous brown eyes, her fluffy lips and beautiful smile, if I was a teenage boy I would have been fawning for her attention too. Despite being a quarterback, I was sure I'd have to take a number, she'd just see me as a dumb jock anyway, and maybe I was.

I looked at her almost wanting to take her hand that was resting on the armrest of the lounge chair, but decided not to. "Sweetheart, he has the hard part." I explained, "He has to impress you. Not the other way around. If you didn't impress him, he wouldn't have asked. You'll do great."

"I don't even think I own a dress." She said.

I almost offered to buy her one for her birthday but nothing about that seemed like a good idea to me. "You live next door to Brit. I'm sure Brit will loan you something, but truthfully, I think you should just be yourself."

I could see her nerves were getting the better of her and I still didn't understand why she wasn't used to this kind of thing. "You'll do fine I assure."

"Do you think I'm pretty?" Her big chocolate eyes met mine, and it was like the sky asking me if he was blue enough. The ocean asking if she was majestic enough. I wanted a mirror, to prove my point.

"You are gorgeous." I said, "Don't worry. Let him impress you."

She nodded. "I didn't even know there was anything to do around here." She said.

I looked at her. Kicking myself. All this time we were fishing I should have taken her on a tour of the island. I suddenly wondered if she could drive, she could have explored the island herself. It killed me the girls were so hung up on their men, they couldn't take Scar on a tour. I guessed I was just as guilty and I was the king of hospitality. "There are tons of places." I thought, "Let's see we have, square," I was sure she had a good idea where that was that was the epicenter of the island where the grocery, post office, and everything else was. "There is the drive in. Ellen's Diner up the street."

"Is that competition?"

I chuckled. I loved how business minded she was. "Not really. We help each other, but she is the reason my breakfast service is a little slower. I deal with fresh seafood, her thing is burgers and shakes. It's all Grease themed."

Her eyes lit up. "I love Grease."

"You'd love her spot. She's always having Grease themed parties and car shows. It's cool. I usually go as Danny Zucko and Zeke goes as Knicky."

She giggled. "I can see that."

"I'm sure she'll have one before the summer is up. Who's your favorite character, I can make sure you get put in."

"I like Frenchie."

My eyebrow quirked that was a surprise. "Really?"

"Yeah, she's sweet and she goes after what she wants. I wished she would have stuck with beauty school."

I chuckled. I loved how her mind work. "Frenchie." I repeated.

I didn't think I was more excited to close up the restaurant, the kids were going to meet up here, just like they always did. Eddie and Tiff showed up first. They had known each other since they were kids and deep down they were always an item. It was clear that they would be together, have kids and laugh about knowing each other when they were in diapers.

She wore a light green dress with flats. She was a little taller than Eddie and always took mind to that, and since Eddie had green eyes, that was her favorite color so she wore it a lot. They were Willy Wonka sweet. When he sat down, she sat across his lap.

"Hey Troy." She smiled.

"Hey you two." I smiled still washing down the bar.

"How does it feel to be doing a triple date." I laughed.

"I can't believe it. I'm hoping that they become a thing so we can do this again."

"Here's hoping. "I said. "Look, I'm planning a surprise party for Scarlett. I mean, she's new and I think we should make her feel special. You guys think you can help me out?"

The two looked at each other and nodded in agreement. "Sure. What ever you need." Said Tiff, "Scarlett is sweet, and if Britt is right her parents shut her out anyway."

I narrowed my eyes not understanding how to take that. She had never told me about her home situation but it was none of my business. Either way, it confirmed that making her feel as welcomed as possible would make her summer.

Then Zeke, Brit, Brandon, and Scar came in at once so I couldn't tell anyone else about the surprise party just hope that Tiff and Eddie would relay the message to everyone else. I just loved an excuse to have a party, and not only that, do something different.

Brandon walked in holding Scar by the hip like a man on top of the world. I loved how the light pink complemented her warm bronze skin and the fact that she wore gold heels with toe polish that matched her dress. Then her make up was surprisingly modest but beautiful. It complemented what was already there. Her light brown curls were pinned with a few stray ones handing lose. She was looked like a summer goddess.

As the group left, I pulled Zeke aside. "Zeke, look you guys be on your best behavior." I wasn't sure of anyone else I had to worry about. Zeke was the rumbustious one. I hoped he was over trying to sleep with Scar, but I knew I couldn't sleep on Zeke, he was still a harmonious teen. They all were, but my main concern was Zeke.

Zeke jerked his arm. "What is your hang up on her."

"It's her first date Zeke. What happens tonight might dictate her entire love life. Just act like you have at least a little bit of sense tonight, and get her home at a decent hour."

"What does she turn into a pumpkin or something."

I blew out a breath. "Zeke."

"Okay." He said, "I'll make sure she has a good time and gets home at...a decent hour. Is that all."

"Yeah." I said. Hoping he wasn't just jerking my chain. I knew Eddie was the most responsible, and Brandon was a good kid for the most part. Though I didn't know much about him. His family moved here last year, and I always saw him as one of Zeke's friends, but I had never had any problems out of him. I was trying not to worry. I just hoped she had a good time, and maybe make this a regular thing, even if her and Brandon didn't hit it off. At least she could make friends.

The next day. I didn't think I had ever been more excited to see Scar. It was like seeing the next episode of one of those crappy reality shows. She came in, we went back to the yacht, casted out and just sat on our lounge chairs. I wondered if I should have just come out and asked, but I never wanted to be intrusive with Scar. That was a part of our friendship that I treasured, that we didn't haggle each other.

"How was your date?" I surrendered and asked calmly.

"Good."

I looked over at her. "Just good? He didn't impress you?"

She pushed her lips together. Her mouth hung open as she shook her head. "I guess I'm just trying to make sense of it."

"What do you mean?"

"I guess I just didn't think that dates became this...complete interlude to sex. Do guys actually care about a girls personality. Like how she thinks anymore."

I looked at her. "What did he do?"

She shook her head. "Nothing."

I sat up. "Seriously."

"She looked down. I just didn't know that..." She trailed off.

My insides fumed but I tried to control my emotions so she'd tell me what happened.

"I mean does 'no' mean something entirely different these days?"

Okay! Now I was pissed. "No still means 'no' sweetheart. Did he grope you?"

"I guess he felt left out."

Was she making excuses for him. "Zeke and Eddie, they have been with their girls for sometime. Not that they should expect their girls to put out, but Brandon had no right." I stood up and walked toward the restaurant. It was about Lunch time, Zeke and the guys would be there.

To my surprise there was his group of flunkies and Brandon. I walked over to him. "Brandon, can I talk to you for a minute."

His eyes widened. I lead him out the front door. I tugged my lip. "So what happen with you and Scar."

"What did she say?"

"She said, that she said no but you didn't get that memo."

He cocked his head back. "Nothing like that happened. We were making out. That's what you do on dates."

"In my day, on dates you show a girl a good time."

He pushed his lips together. "It's not like I raped her."

"You might as well have." I snapped, "When a woman says no she means no."

"Trust me, Troy. Everything else was saying yes."

"You are a slimy little shit you know that?"I snarled,

"Why are you acting like a boy scout. You are king of getting ass."

"Willingly, I don't have to be a little prick and take something that doesn't belong to me."

He smacked. "What happened to you? You used to be cool."

"It would be cool if you went home Brandon." I said, "And if I ever hear about you forcing yourself on anyone again, I'm going to deal with you myself. You got that?"

His nostrils flared as he walked away.

I turned back and noticed everyone against the windows looking at me. I didn't care. I just walked in and toward the back, where Scar was waiting for me. She pushed her apron at me.

"I quit."

"I don't understand."

"You embarrassed me." She said. "I'm trying to make friends."

"Look quit if you want to. Just know this. If you let him slide on this now. He's going to keep thinking he can. Remember when you told me that you didn't want attention, and that you preferred respect." I pushed passed her and went into my office. I felt like I was with Leona all over again. She was mad at me, I got arrested, why because her handsy fucking dad thought he could violate my girl and I was supposed to take it. I should have killed him, and I should have knocked Brandon's little teeth out.

Scar was right about one thing,times had change. A man couldn't defend a woman's honor anymore she wanted a guy to treat her like shit. I thought, Scar was different, but I guessed she wasn't.

My door swung open. I guessed knocking was obsolete too.

"Look, you could have just pulled him aside or something." She said, "Or let me deal with it."

"Sorry." I said, "Look, my ex-wife was raped by her father since she was a little girl. She thought that she couldn't stop it, that it was acceptable, and it's not. I don't want to see you or any woman I care about hurt. Just promise me that you will demand respect. You deserve it."

She nodded.

I blew out a breath. "I'm sorry. That's just who I am."

"Why?" She looked down, "Who am I?"

"I would do that for any woman. I told you once you work for me you're family. If anybody gets out of line with you again, you let me know."

Her eyes looked at me with a glaze over them. "Do I have my job back?"

I chuckled and tossed her apron. "One condition," I said, "You never let anyone take advantage of you and think that it's okay."

She nodded.

"Get back to work."

As she stepped out of the room, I didn't know how to feel. I knew how kids were, she was right. I probably should have just told her to confront him. I just did what I would do for a little sister if I had one. As if I needed more frustration in my life. I couldn't feel sorry for what I did. The aftermath I would just have to accept. For what ever it was worth, Scar was my friend and I had her back no matter what. What ever that was worth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428K 14.5K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...
47.7K 921 46
Sunny skies, luxurious hotel rooms, and nice beaches. Welcome to Florida. College student Lily is in for the time of her life on summer vacation - bu...
222 26 17
Reece looses both his parent to a suicidal-murder and his boyfriend ditches him. he moves in with his Aunt. he becomes friends with the neighbor. Je...
98.5K 1.6K 34
Ever since the summer her parents passed away, every summer has been a terrible one for seventeen year old, Andy Neilsen. So the summer she goes to h...