Because Love Is Not Enough

By missb00kw0rm

Avantika is normal 18 year old girl with dreams. But she's shattered when she finds out that her knight in le... More

Author's note
CAST
Chapter - 1 THIS GIRL
Chapter - 2 CPR
Chapter 3 Its not over
Chapter - 4 Roomies?
Chapter - 5 Aaahhhhh!!!
Chapter - 6. Awkward
Chapter - 7 His love
Chapter - 8 Gogo
Chapter 9 Family
Attention Readers!!!
Chapter 10 College Day
Chapter 11 Mia's kitchen
Chapter 12. Reminscing the past
Chapter 13. You are enough
Chapter 14. Be my queen
Chapter 15 HIHAHAHA!!!!
Chapter 16. Hot breaths and lingering touches
Chapter 17 Ex-Girlfriend
Chapter 18 Friend-zoned

Chapter 19 Creeps

53 11 10
By missb00kw0rm

Song of the chapter - Kyun.....

Avantika's POV

We had already missed one class by the time we reached college. The next class was of Modern history. Our professor, Mr Andrews is a middle-aged man who is annoyed by almost everything. He gets annoyed even if someone breaths loudly.

I take my usual seat at the last bench of the hall as the other benches start getting filled with students. A muscular guy whose long hair is tied in a bun sits next to me. Our gaze met and I quickly avert it, avoiding any kind of interaction with strangers.

The guy definitely doesn't get the hint as he tries to make a sad attempt to start a conversation.

"Hii, I am Mohit. I have just joined this class. I have a lot of unfinished assignments and notes, so...."

I turn my head and smile awkwardly.

"Yeah, so.."

"Can you lend me your notes? I will return them in the next class."

"Umm... Ohkay."

"Thanks a lot. I will return them to you as soon as possible. By the way, I didn't catch your name."

"Avantika"

"Pretty name for a pretty girl."

I blush a little as I nervously tap my pen on the desk.

"Th-thanks."

Mr Andrews clears his throat and scowls at us.

"I wonder if whatever you were both chatting about is more important than this class. If it is, then I think you should leave this class immediately and carry on your little chit-chat."

My face gets hot in embarrassment as I quickly open my books.

"Sorry, Mr Andrews. It won't happen again."

Mohit also apologises but smirks anyway.

Mr Andrews shook his head and starts scribbling on the board in his unreadable writing.

The one-hour long class felt like ten hours long because of Mr Andrews's constant scrutinizing gaze on me and Mohit's sudden interest in me. I felt like I was drowning in a depthless ocean. Dramatic much...

The moment bell rang, I didn't waste a single second in picking up my stuff and exiting the class. I heard Mohit calling me but I ignored him and walked towards my next class.

I stopped at the enquiry counter to ask about the new economics professor. The professor who used to teach us economics died in a car accident a week ago, the college notified us there will be a new teacher but he or she still hasn't reported. If there isn't a new teacher then I guess I have a free hour in which I can relax for a while.

"Hello, sir. I wanted to ask if the new economics professor has reported yet or not."

The man on the opposite side of the glass counter fixes his glass and looks at his computer.

"No dear, he hasn't reported yet. But there is a substitute who will be conducting those classes."

"Okay. Thank you, sir."

"Anytime."

I turned on my heel and found the guy from history class standing too close to me. I take a step back quickly and adjust the strap of my backpack.

"I am sorry Avantika. I didn't mean to startle you."

"It's okay. Do you need anything?"

"Yeah. I needed your number if its okay with you."

"I-I uhh"

"Why do you need her number Mohit?"

Mohit and I turn our heads in unison and find Gaurav glaring at Mohit.

The smile on Mohit's face falters as he looks at Gaurav who stands towering him by few inches. Mohit, whose body is bulkier than any other guy in the campus looks intimidated by Gaurav. Gaurav crosses his arms over his chest, his shirt tightening around his tanned arms and chest. He senses my gaze at him and smirks.

I roll my eyes at him and look around to avoid his gaze.

Mohit laughs awkwardly and breaks the tension.

"Hi, Gaurav. What's up?"

Gaurav looks at him with fire in his eyes.

"Sky is up. But tell me why do you need her number?"

I look at the scene in front of me and wonder how long are they going to stretch this bullshit. Mohit who looks like a little hulk wearing a green coloured t-shirt while Gaurav glares at him like Captain America scolding hulk for acting like a beast holding his books like the shield.

I giggle imagining Gaurav hitting Mohit with his book-shield and gain their attention. I quickly control myself and mentally cringe at my overactive imagination.

Gaurav smiles at me and says,"Enjoying yourself, Avy bear."

Mohit looks at us in confusion.

"You guys know each other?"

"Yes, Mohit. But I think you should rush to your girlfriend. She was asking for you in the cafeteria and if that makes the situation any better, she was furious."

Mohit gulps as he glances at his wristwatch.

"Yeah, I have to go. Avantika, I will see you later?"

"Ye...."

"She won't see you later, she is busy."

I glare Gaurav who just smiles at me cheekily and I roll my eyes.

Mohit decides to not make her girlfriend any angrier than she already was and walks away.

I clear my throat and look at Gaurav only to find him looking at me already.

"What are you doing, Gaurav?"

"Who? Me?"

"No, me. Cut the crap Gaurav."

"Okay... That guy Mohit is a creep."

"I kinda figured it out but I could have handled the situation."

"I know you could have but I am your best friend and that's what best friends do right. Look out for each other."

I smile at him and start walking toward my class.

"Avy bear, I will drop you to the restaurant okay."

"Gaurav..... You don't have to."

"But I want to.... Please....."

"Okay but stop making that puppy face."

"Yes. See you at five."

"Yeah, bye"

I stuttered toward my class but the moment I stepped into the hall, someone hugged the hell out of me.

************************************

Hii readers! Sorry, this chapter was a little boring but the next chapter will be interesting. I wasn't in my best state because of some personal reasons.
You can comment if you didn't like anything but be polite about it.

And the question of the day.......

What or who makes your day complete?

And don't forget the three magical words.....

❤Vote❤Comment❤Share❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 8.3K 90
Hardworking Sarina loves her job and is considered a kind hearted girl. Along the way, she befriended an eccentric, mischievous old man. As they beca...
39.6K 1.4K 23
You died and got isekai'd into the manga/manhwa titled, "Father I Don't Want This Marriage!". You have been reincarnated into the body of the 9 year...
988K 26.5K 25
ATL Stylist Jameka,24, and her boyfriend Rashad,26, has been inseparable since middle school. They have never let anyone or anything come between the...
68.3K 2.9K 30
How do you protect the love of your life if he's sitting in prison for a crime he didn't commit? *** Isabella was happy - happier than she's ever bee...